Chapter 6

Arranged Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up with a terrible headache. Sighing loudly, I turned around in bed expecting the other side to be empty. Instead, I saw Sehun, leaning against a pillow with a book in his hands. Bright light shining from the windows didn’t let me open my eyes and wake up fully. 

“Be quiet.” He said quietly. There goes my “good morning”.

“I won’t disturb your reading session, don’t worry.” I murmured still half asleep. Suddenly he closed his book and turned around to face me.

“I didn’t mean that.” He spoke even more quietly. “Your parents are still here. I thought you could pretend to be asleep.”

I thanked him silently and hid deeper in the covers, holding my head that could burst any second with my hand.

“Headache?” Sehun asked. I nodded again, fearing that any other movement would make me cry from pain. “Stay still.” He said and stood up from bed, leaving the room.

I should have been surprised or confused by his actions, but nothing about Sehun made sense anymore. One day he would act as if I don’t exist. Then the other day he would hate me… but there were moments that made me think… Sometimes he acted like someone who cares. I didn’t know what to make of his little talks before sleep, or his gentle touch as if to silently tell me that everything’s okay. As if to tell me – he is next to me. I am not alone. If it were anyone else but Sehun, I would think like that. I would think that he cares just a little bit about me. But it was Oh Sehun lying next to me not anyone else. The person who made me feel hated in my own house. I didn’t know what to believe, so that’s why I decided not to overthink about his character. Sehun was impossible to read.

After a few minutes, he returned to his room. I didn’t look up from under the covers, still lost in my thoughts, but felt the same warm hand touch my waist gently.

“Are you sleeping?” he whispered.

“No.”

“I brought medicine.” He said. I slid of the covers from my head and looked up. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, holding water and medicine in one hand and still touching my waist with the other one.

“You went out to get me pills for my head?” I asked.

“Well, you couldn’t could you? You’re parents are in the kitchen, that’s why I’m a little late. Your mom talks a lot.” He sighed and added. “Doesn’t you head hurt anymore?”

“I does.” I answered. Inside my head it still felt like a war scene.

“Then why am I still holding your medicine?” he furrowed his eyebrows. I chuckled and sat up slowly, trying to move as little as I could. Sehun handed me the pills and I drank them in less than a second, before returning to my previous position in bed.

“Do you think they won’t go until I see them?” I asked him. 

“No. They’re already leaving. I told your mother that you weren’t feeling well yesterday, so you wouldn’t wake up anytime soon.” He spoke quietly. His baby voice was very pleasant to my throbbing head, like soft music.

“Thank you.” I said.

“You’re welcome. Plus, they need to prepare for tonight.” He added.

“Wait, what’s tonight?” I asked sitting up quickly.

“We’re invited to a big dinner party. It will be pretty big. I told you before.”

“No! You didn’t say anything!” I exclaimed and mentally slapped myself for being so loud.

“Well I’m sorry I forgot. I had other things in mind yesterday.” He said, looking away from me.

“Well, I’m in no condition of partying tonight.” I said and laid back down in bed.

“Well, too bad, because we need to be there. Remember when I said there’s a person who can help me save my company? He’s going to be there and he wants me there. So we’re going to be there.” He said calmly and in a tone that made it sure – his words were final.

“Okay, okay.” I sighed. “Just leave me alone for a few hours, so I can rest.”

“May I remind you that you’re in my bed?” Sehun raised his eyebrows.

“No need for that, I know perfectly well whose bed I’m in.” I said turning away from him. “Now don’t be a jerk and leave me, or you’ll have to take your Suho hyung as a partner to the party. Then we’ll see where your company’s going to head.” I said and put the covers above my face.

I heard Sehun sigh and leave the room, but sleep didn’t approach me, even though I lay on his bed for hours. I lay there thinking about everything and nothing at the same time, before I heard the door swing open. Sehun walked over to me and shook me slightly.

“You need to get ready, get up.” I didn’t move. “How long are you going to sleep?” he asked.

“Forever.” I murmured back, before Sehun threw the covers off and on the floor. I felt exposed, wearing nothing but his same shirt.

“Bring those blankets back.” I growled. Trying to cover up some parts of my legs.

“Get up, Y/N! We’ll be late!” he exclaimed.

“But really, can’t you take Suho with you? I’m sure he’s going to be there either way.” I whined, but Sehun was having none of it. He picked me up, not so gently and started walking out of the room, while I was carelessly hung over his shoulder.

“Oh Sehun, put me down right now, before I strangle you.” I said slowly, but he ignored me, until we were in my closet, where he threw me on the floor.

“Change into something fancy and come downstairs in 20 minutes.” He said before leaving the room. I breathed in and out to keep my temper in control and picked the dress that I hadn’t worn yet on official meetings. In half an hour I walked downstairs in the living room, where Sehun was already prepared in a black suit and tie. If I didn’t know who he really was, I would think that he’s a sweet and gentle young man, who doesn’t even realize how breathtaking he looks. But unfortunately, I knew exactly what lay behind those heavenly face.

“If you ever touch me again, even slightly, you’re not going to be able to cheat ever again, do you understand?” I asked calmly, but my expression showed everything. I was dead serious.

“Just come on. We’re late because of you.” He rolled his eyes and motioned me to leave the house. I did as told and soon we were seated next to each other in his car. Like a perfect loving couple. As always.

After a long and quiet drive, Sehun stopped the car in front of a big gate. Inside I could see a huge mansion, probably of someone even richer than my husband or father. We silently walked inside and Sehun’s arm was around my waist in no time. Smile was the least of the things I wanted to do right there, but I forced my face to spread into it anyway. Sehun led me around, greeting some of his colleagues and introducing me to those I hadn’t met before. Some of them seemed quite normal and friendly, but I didn’t dare to forget that this place was filled with more actors than the national theatre, so I kept my smiles fake. 

After some time, I saw my parents enter the room, hand in hand. They looked as happy as ever and I wondered if it wasn’t an act, but I shook of the thought immediately. I hadn’t seen a genuine smile on their faces in a long time, nor was I expecting it. 

After greeting our parents, Sehun got caught up in a conversation with some man in a suit and fortunately I couldn’t understand a word from it. My mind started wandering again. Thinking about how rich and beautiful the hall looked like. It was decorated with a good sense of style. Actually the whole room looked great because the people were also dressed accordingly. I always liked old parties from the early centuries and as this was the closest thing I could experience. I looked closely to every dress and every suit in the hall and my eyes caught one person. Black suit, white shirt and dirty blond hair. His face held a big smile that felt so familiar and warm. I couldn’t tear my eyes away as I kept staring and my heart started to beat loudly. 

Even though Taehyung was dressed much more formally, than I had seen him the previous day, he still looked as happy and careless. Memories from last night rushed over my mind and suddenly, I was standing in the same club, against the same wall. I remembered feeling Taehyung’s warm breath against my skin, as my body started to shake. As I promised him that he could trust me. As he believed m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter