Chapter 3

Arranged Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I hadn’t talked to Sehun, since that night. 

After the incident, I went to my room, to analyze everything that had happened. I tried to see every possible outcome of this situation and my mind kept dividing the information into two sections: reasons why Sehun was a total jerk, and hints that maybe I was overreacting.

Sehun was cheating. Cheating was bad. Cheating isn’t something easy to cope with. On the other hand, we weren’t really married. But he’s still known as my husband and it’s official. But we’re not in love and marriage should an affirmation of love. Yes, but it’s still disgusting to bring your lover home, to your wife. It is awful, he shouldn’t have done that, but if he’s been in love with her even before our so called marriage, I can’t really say anything about it. 

Basically, in the end my head was threatening to burst, so I decided to sleep and work this problem out in the morning. 

Unfortunately, I didn’t do that. When I saw his cocky face at breakfast, every single one of my thoughts that told me I was overreacting, vanished. 

My anger rose, when he entered the kitchen, without even glancing at me. He sat in his usual seat and started to eat everything I had cooked. He irritated me, to the point when I hated even the way he breathed, but I sat down in front of him and fixed my eyes on his face, while he was chewing the food. 

I thought, maybe he would say something about the previous day, but all I got was:

“The waffles are too sweet. Make sure to put in less sugar next time.” 

This was all he said, before leaving the kitchen. My eyes followed him, with a stare full of hatred. I could already see what nasty ingredients I could put in his dinner when he called from the hall.

“We’re going to that party I was talking about yesterday, so meet me with a proper outfit when I come home.” With that he walked out and drove away. 

The party he was talking about yesterday? He seriously thinks I paid attention to what he was murmuring to that Anna girl? All I wanted to do was to just do nothing and wait for him to get home, telling him that I wasn’t planning to go anywhere. That was what my body wanted. Not to give in to him, but this was the reason this arrangement was made. So I would show people what a wonderful wife Oh Sehun had. That was the price of saving my father’s company.

That’s why, I went upstairs, to pick out the outfit I would wear. Nothing too old fashioned, but also not something that would show a lot of cleavage. My closet was pretty rich, thanks to my even richer husband’s opportunities, so at 8 o’clock, I was already waiting for his return.

When Sehun arrived, he did nothing. No comments on my dress or my makeup. He didn’t even say where we were going. We got in the car and drove without speaking. Silence was always better with him. It was the thing about us - we never talked, but now, I wanted to pull him into a conversation.

“Will you tell me where we’re going?” I asked and looked at him. His eyes were still fixed on the road.

“Does it matter?” he returned the question.

“Well, it obviously does if I’m asking, don’t you think?” I said and looked outside the window. The sky was already dark and I could see our reflections. His profile didn’t look too amused.

“It’s just a birthday party of a colleague of mine. Many people who we’ve met together will be there. It’s nothing you will like.” 

“Does it really matter what I think?” I asked. I was still looking out of my window and I clearly saw his face turn to look at me. I couldn’t read his expression, but I definitely hadn’t seen it before. He turned back to face the road and after a minute I asked again.

“Will Anna be there?” 

He was quiet for some time.

“You’re very talkative tonight.” was all he said.

“Is my voice so annoying to you?” I asked with a sneer. “I bet you love when she’s talking sweetly in your ear, don’t you?” 

“You’re talking too much.” he said calmly. “And yes, Anna will be there tonight.”

For the rest of the drive, I was quiet. But I was satisfied, because I had annoyed him, and somehow it gave me a great pleasure.

The party turned out to be the exact thing Sehun had said. Nothing I would like. Famous businessmen and their loyal wives walked around the big fancy hall and held conversation with everyone. There were a few paparazzi and journalists, who paid me a lot more attention than I needed.

The night went on and I thought it would never end. Sehun had his arm wrapped around my waist as he smiled at me in front of other people. I also

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter