This Means War

How to Love

Zitao is busy arranging her notes for AP Asian History when someone suddenly sits down next to her. She look up, and immediately wishes she didn't. It's Sehun.

"Tao!" He smiles at her and she has to pinch herself to stop from blushing.

"Um, hello." She turns back to arranging her notes. "I didn't know you were in this class."

"I just transferred," is the reply.

The professor comes in and class settles down and Zitao nearly shrieks because Sehun continues sitting next to her, for what reason she doesn't know.

He pulls out his book and notes and... what's in that bag? Drugs?

Zitao cringes as he opens the bag and then proceeds to pull out a plastic spoon and then... eat it.

She can't help herself; she leans over. "Aren't you supposed to snort that?"

Sehun looks at her. "Why would anyone in their right mind snort powdered sugar?"

"What?!" Zitao yells, standing up and staring at him.

"Ms. Huang," the professor calls. The class stares and Zitao shrinks in on herself. "Is there a problem?"

"No, I'm sorry," she calls weakly as she sits down.

Sehun smirks at her.

"Why would anyone in their right mind eat powdered sugar plain like that?" Zitao hisses at him.

"I like it," he pouts, and turns away, looking dejected.

Zitao thinks. He doesn't do drugs, she figured that out. Which was good.

He was still y as hell and had long legs and was taller than her and had that soft looking dark brown hair and that ... Damn.

(Zitao won't ever tell anyone but she secretly calls it the Sebooty. It's a fine piece of booty.)

But. She looks over at him. He eats a tablespoon of powdered sugar in one bite, plain.

"Like what you see?" Sehun asks, smirking once again.

Zitao starts,not realizing she was staring. She scowls at him and stares forward, starting to take notes.

Sehun laughs quietly and starts to take notes as well.

They spend the rest of class in silence.

 

"Good job, you may leave," the professor says at the end of class.

Zitao leans over and starts to gather her things together and put them in her backpack. She hears the chair next to her move and assumes Sehun left.

She stands and turns, only to be met face to face with none other than Oh Sehun.

He smiles at her. "Huang Zitao."

"What?" She checks the time on her phone and decides she has enough time to grab a snack with Jia-Li and take a nap before her next lecture.

"Let's go on a date."

"Huh? A what?"

Sehun looks at her like maybe he's a little scared.

"A date?"

"What's that? I'm sorry, I still have some Korean to learn," Zitao apologizes.

"Oh. It's okay. Um, like," he reaches over and gently grabs her hand and holds it. "Go out with me."

Oh. Oh. She certainly understood that.

Zitao feels butterflies raging in her stomach and her face feels hot. "O-Okay."

"Really?" Sehun's eyes are bright and excited and that makes Zitao's face heat up even more.

"Yeah. Um, I'll text you," she says shyly, and brushes past him to go meet Jia-Li.

She runs to the cafe, full of adrenaline and energy. What just happened?

It's when she's walking in the cafe doors that she realizes: she doesn't have Sehun's number.


 

-


 

Junmyeon is currently driving back to her dorm when something leaps out in front of her and onto her car. She screams and slams on the brakes, causing the figure to roll off and into the street. "Oh my God!"

She struggles out of her seat belt, wrenches open the door, and dashes to the front of her car where the figure lies.

It's Jongdae.

He opens his eyes as Junmyeon frantically checks him over, looking for scratches or bruises, or worse. "If you wanted to touch me, all you had to do was tell me first," he croaks out.

Junmyeon glares at him. "You idiot! What did you just do?"

Jongdae stares at the sky and cracks a smile . "I need to pay for college somehow."

"So you decided to jump in front of my car?" She screeches. She nearly smacks him and feels her blood boil.

He turns his head and looks at her and Junmyeon feels like she can't breathe because he of the way he stares at her.

Junmyeon shakes her head to clear her thoughts and stands up. "Are you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital?"

Jongdae says no and stands as well. "Um, but could you drop me off at my House?" He asks a little sheepishly.

Junmyeon sighs and nods.

They get in and Junmyeon starts to drive.

"Oh?" She turns to see Jongdae pressing the open-close button for her convertible top, opening it

She slips her sunglasses on her face. "You could've asked."

"I did ask. And I never got a response."

Junmyeon knows he's not talking about the car. "How do you even remember that?"

"I've evolved."

"What?" Junmyeon glances at him and wishes she hadn't.

He's leaned back, eyes closed, content smile on his pretty lips, brown hair ruffling in the wind. He's gorgeous, Junmyeon scowls.

She pulls up to the Kappa Pi Beta House and stops. "Here."

"Thanks." He smiles at her. "Don’t worry, I won't tell anyone that you hit me with your car!"

"I- what?" Junmyeon sputters. "You threw yourself in front-" She's cut off with a pair of warm lips on her.

It lasts only a second or two but for Junmyeon it feels like forever. A forever that she can't have but may be starting to want. Bad.

Jongdae pulls away, lips curled happily at the ends, and winks before dashing out of the car and into his frat house.

Junmyeon can only stare after him.

Finally, minutes later, she shakes herself out of her stupor and slams on the gas to head to her own house.

She decides this: she can never tell anyone what happened.


 

-


 

Yixing is in Kris's room, puttering around while he's in the shower when she hears a familiar car sound pull up to the front of the house.

She looks out the window and sees Junmyeon's silver convertible outside.

And Kim Jongdae in the passenger seat.

"Hey," a deep voice rumbles next her to ear and arms wrap themselves around her waist.

"Look." Yixing points down to Junmyeon and Jongdae. "That's weird. Junmyeon wouldn't be caught dead with one of you."

And she gasps when Jongdae leans over and kisses Junmyeon before running inside.

They hear him laughing and clamping up the stairs to his room. Yixing watches Junmyeon sit, shocked, in her car for a few minutes before she heads home.

She hears Kris start to laugh and turns to him. "What?"

"Jongdae. He finally did it!"

Yixing glares. "Is he playing? Is this the first battle?" She storms to the door to go kick some Jong-. Junmyeon is her friend and if some boy is going to play with her feelings, Yixing will stick up for her no matter what.

"Woah, babe. Wait." Kris picks her up and sits on the bed, placing her in his lap. "You don’t understand."

"What?" She huffs, crossing her arms.

"Jongdae really likes Junmyeon. Like really, actually likes her," Kris explains.

"What?"


 

-


 

Baekhyun is on her way back from her applied arts class when she spots Junmyeon's car heading into the Greek fraternity row. Weird.

She dashes down the street and hides behind a bush. Junmyeon never told them she had a boyfriend.

Baekhyun sees her stop in front of the Kappa Pi Beta House and that's when she notices the boy.

Is that Kim Jongdae?

She sees him lean over and kiss Junmyeon and Baekhyun nearly stabs herself in the eye with a branch because she loses her balance, she's so surprised.

She stays hidden and waits until Junmyeon's car speeds past in the way back home, face... angry?

If she had a secret Kappa Pi Beta boyfriend (who knew, Jongdae?), why would she be mad? Unless they broke up. But they kissed.

"Yo."

Baekhyun screams. She crouches low and looks up at the tall figure leaning over the bush.

"Sorry," it chuckles, voice deep.

Baekhyun squints. She remembers that voice and that hair and those ears. "You're the kid who stopped in the middle of the damn street that one day!"

"Yeah, Park Chanyeol." He nods and smiles. "You remember."

"Not for a good reason," she grumbles and stands up, brushing little dead leaves off her pants.

"Need a ride home?" He asks, and when Baekhyun peeks around him, he gestures to a sleek blue Mustang.

Her phone buzzes. It's from Junmyeon.

Urgent meeting NOW. Come home.

Baekhyun wonders if she's going to tell them about Jongdae.

"Um, sure."

They get into his car and he drives to the sorority row on the other side of campus.

"Drop me off here," she says, or pointing to the block before. Still can't risk anyone seeing her in Chanyeol's car, with his Kappa Pi Beta sticker on it.

He nods and Baekhyun quickly thanks him and dashes to the house.


 

-


 

"Kim Minseok."

"Yes!" Minseok raises her hand.

"You will be paired with Xiao Luhan."

"What?" Both stand up, surprised.

Their professor looks at them disinterestedly. "Yes." He dismisses them, moving on to pair up others.

Luhan glares daggers at her from his seat and she sits down with a huff. Why does she have to be paired with this for one of the biggest projects this year?

She sighs and moans internally. How awesome.

"Please, get together and discuss your ideas so you can get started immediately!" Their professor calls.

Minseok doesn't move from her spot.

A thump sounds next to her and Luhan seats himself. "Witch."

"You know, people always say that when a boy is mean to a girl, he likes her," Minseok comments, just to piss him off even more.

However, it seems to backfire, because Luhan clamps his mouth shut and his pretty face turns bright red.

Never having seen Luhan blush, it causes Minseok to turn pink as well, and so both just sit, staring at each other, blushing.

Finally, Luhan composes himself and snarls, "Shut up!" He leaves the classroom.

Minseok lets out the breath she didn't know she was holding in as he leaves and laughs, a little delirious.

What just happened?


 

-


 

Kyungsoo is not feeling good. She has a slight fever and chills and she's now currently shuffling at the grocery store in her pink fluffy sweater, fuzzy Frozen Jammie pants, and her penguin slippers, down the soup aisle to grab some chicken noodle soup.

She reaches the chicken noodle soup section and there's one can left.

Kyungsoo reaches for it and that's when another hand wraps itself around her hand on the can of soup.

She looks over and a tall, tan boy with messy white hair is next to her, his hand over hers.

His nose is red and he's shivering.

Neither say a single word.

Kyungsoo’s phone vibrates in her pocket and she pulls it out. It's from Junmyeon.

Urgent meeting NOW. Come home.

Kyungsoo stares up at the other boy, unblinking, who looks scared. He squeaks.

She pulls the can of soup towards herself.

He pulls it back.

Kyungsoo narrows her eyes and wrenches it back to herself.

Unfortunately, she pulls too hard and they fall backwards, him landing on top if her.

She groans and suddenly has a sense of deja vu.

Then she realized it's the same boy who fell on her at the volleyball game.

"Jongin?" She says, remembering his name, and gets a muffled "Yes?" in return.

"Get off."

He scrambles off of her and immediately bows and apologizes.

Kyungsoo stands and silently crows in victory. She holds the last soup in one hand high like a trophy.

Jongin gapes at her, sniffles, and Kyungsoo takes the chance to run to one of the registers, show a shocked cashier the can of soup, throw a bill at her, and speed out of the store to her car.

"Um, excuse me!" She hears a small voice speak up from right beside her. She looks over and Jongin is easily keeping up with her, and is sniffling majorly now. "That's my can of soup."

Kyungsoo reaches her car. "Uh, no, it's not. I paid for it."

"Yes, but I saw it first."

"What is this?" Kyungsoo scoffs, unlocking her car. "Kindergarten?"

Jongin looks slightly offended. "No..."

"Well at least you know that. Think of this as payback from that time at the volleyball game where you fell on me and stared at my s, okay? Go buy some oyster soup or something else healthy!" And with that, she slips into her car and drives off, leaving a pathetic-looking, sniffling, red-nosed Jongin in the grocery store parking lot.


 

-


 

" War! " Junmyeon screams as she stomps into the sorority house. "It's war!"

Jia-Li comes downstairs, concerned. "Junmyeon."

Junmyeon holds up a finger and Jia-Li shuts up. "I'm angry. I need to have a meeting. Now! " She screams and whips our her phone to text everyone. Urgent meeting NOW. Come home.

She storms to the parlor and sits in one of the cushy chairs and impatiently waits for everyone to come home.

Fifteen minutes later, everyone is in the parlor, nervously situating themselves around Junmyeon.

"It has come to my attention," Junmyeon says suddenly. "That we have done nothing to sabotage Kappa Pi Beta this year yet. And so, it shall commence." She whips her head to look at Baekhyun and Jia-Li. "Ideas. ASAP."

They nod vigorously, scared.

"Junnie," Seokjin says softly. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she says quickly. "I just realized, that's all."

However, there are three girls in the room who know that's not the real reason.