What's Happening?

How to Love

The next time Zitao is in her AP Asian History class, Sehun actually thinks to give her his number for their date, which she gratefully accepts.

“I liked your presents,” he grumbles as he types his number into her phone.

“What presents?” Zitao says as she fishes out her notes.

“The Twilight posters and the s and the toilets,” Sehun whines, sounding absolutely miserable. “At night I feel like I can still feel Edmund Culler’s eyes on me!”

“Edward Cullen,” Zitao corrects.

“Whatever. Point is, I cry every night. You know, we had a big bonfire for the burning of our s.” Sehun takes out his powdered sugar bag and spoon.

Zitao pouts. “Hey! Those were expensive! What a waste!” She doesn't notice Sehun choke on his sugar as she says that and he turns violently red.

“Anyways,” he clears his throat. “Busy this Saturday? Afternoon?”

Zitao thinks. Does she have anything going on? “Hold on,” she says and texts Junmyeon, asking if there's anything going on for the sorority.

Zitao turns back to Sehun. “Where are we going?”

Sehun smiles brightly. “It's a surprise!”

Zitao frowns. “A surprise?” she repeats dully. She hates surprises.

Sehun deflates a little and she feels guilty. “I mean, it's okay!” Her phone interrupts them and she checks it, Junmyeon saying that there's nothing going on Saturday. “I can go. It's okay, I don't mind it being a surprise!” She smiles shyly at Sehun.

He grins back, eyes twinkling and excited, and Zitao feels butterflies in her tummy.

“Great! I'll pick you up at 4?”

She nods and class starts, but her mind is occupied with something else.


 

-


 

Seokjin is busy browsing the stacks when a spot of blond catches her eye, looking out of place in the music store.

She shrugs and finds the album she's been wanting and heads to the register.

When she looks up, she starts, because it's the boy from Menchie’s who ran out when she said she'd totally do him.

He looks up when she stops in front of him and he seems to realize it's the girl from Menchie’s who said she'd totally do him before he ran out. He blushes a fiery red and Seokjin smiles. “Hi,” she says, and waves the CD. “Can I get this?”

His eyes narrow but he rings it up. “The kids were really traumatized by your presents, Kappa Gamma.”

Seokjin smiles even wider. “Oh, you're a Kappa Pi Beta, huh?” She hands him her money and then her brain catches up to . “Oh my God, you're a Kappa Pi Beta?”

He nods and puts the CD in a bag for her.

Seokjin moans and nearly melts into the floor because she had told a Kappa Pi Beta she'd totally do him. She snatches her bag from him and dashes out of the store, nearly hyperventilating.

“Wait, you forgot your change!” He calls after her.

“Oh my God,” she groans. She done ed up. She found a super cute guy, dimples and blond hair and all, and he turns out to be her Greek university enemy.

She sighs and heads to the store where Yixing is shopping.

“I'm so done with boys,” she huffs, laying her head on Yixing's shoulder after she finds her in the store.

Yixing turns and smiles gently at her. “Who happened, Jinnie?”

“A Kappa Pi Beta boy,” is the reply. “You know him? Tall, blond, dimples, likes Jordans. Muscles. 

Yixing thinks for a moment and then nods. “Yeah! Kim Namjoon! He's a second year, I think.”

Seokjin scowls. Curse Kim Namjoon and his cute dimples and his muscled arms.“I don't know how you do it,” she says quietly. “Keeping you and Kris a secret from Junmyeon and Minseok. I don't know how all of us do it, actually.”

Yixing blushes a little as she looks at a shirt in the mirror. “I don't know how to thank all of you enough. Really. Even his boys have kept it a secret for him, you know?”

“You know Junnie will somehow find out, right?”

Yixing nods. She doesn't know how Junmyeon hasn't found out; it's been a year since she started dating Kris. “I think that when she finds out, she won't mind too much.”

Seokjin turns to her. “What do you mean?”

“Kim Jongdae is in love with Junnie.”

Seokjin snorts. “He just wants to get into her pants. Everyone knows that. And so what?”

“No.” Yixing shakes her head. “Fanfan told me that he really does like her. And-”

“Who's Fanfan ?” Seokjin blanches.

“Sorry, Kris.” Yixing turns red. “Anyway, I think that he can really win over Junmyeon. It may take more time, but I think he can do it.”

The other sighs. “Whatever you say, Xing.”


 

-


 

The project Minseok has been assigned to with Luhan is turning out to be a disaster.

He refuses to meet up outside of class to work on it and when they do have a chance in class, he doesn't help very much.

Minseok wants to cry, she's so angry and stressed because this is not her only class and she also has her sorority stuff to do and volleyball practice to go to.

She's currently working on writing down all of the genotypes and phenotypes and pedigree charts of the family of hamsters they've been raising when she hears him walk up and dump his backpack on the floor.

Minseok scowls and turns around. “Look here, Xiao-!” She's completely shocked by his appearance.

His usually perfect dark brown is mussed up, skin pale and waxy, and there are dark bags under his eyes.

“You look like ,” she comments.

Luhan sneers at her. “Shut up. I haven't gotten any sleep in forever.”

Minseok rolls her eyes. “It's college, Xiao. No one gets any sleep ever.”

He scowls and leans into her space, until he's centimeters away from her face. “You want to know what's wrong? Why I haven't been getting sleep? It's because of you,” he hisses. “You, Kim Minseok.”

Her eyes widen and she opens to say something but Luhan cuts her off. “I can't stop thinking about you. I can't stop thinking about the BANG party. I can't stop thinking about that kiss.”

Minseok blushes hard as she remembers that night. The way Luhan pushed her up against the fence in the dark corner, away from all of the people and noise. The way he moved his lips gently against hers and spark she felt in her veins. The taste of beer and chocolate in his mouth. The fact that she knew it was bad but it felt so good.  “Don't mention that!”

He ignores her. “Granted, we were both drunk, but I wasn't drunk enough to forget that and even if I was, I still wouldn't have forgotten. But you know, I wish I could, because it's been ing killing me ever since.”

Minseok just stares at him. It's been weeks since the party. “I-I… Luhan.”

Luhan shakes his head and leans close. “Kim Minseok, I think I might start to ing like you.”

Minseok hiccups and she feels like she can't breathe.

Luhan turns and grabs his stuff from the floor, along with their project model. “I'll finish this up.” And just like that, he leaves the room.


 

-


 

Junmyeon yawns as she sits down in a booth at Chinese Dragon for lunch. She looks around at all of the people in the restaurant and sighs; she should've just ordered takeout on the way to the house.

“Hi, what can I get you?”

Junmyeon looks up to a tall waitress, with short brown hair and ringed eyes. “A diet Coke please.”

The waitress nods and goes off to get her drink.

“Oh. Kim Junmyeon.”

Junmyeon scowls. She knows that voice. Looking up, she sees a very tall, skinny man with short light brown hair and a smirk on his face.

Park Jeong-su, President of Sigma Upsilon Pi.

He sits down in the booth across from her and a sort of cruel smile graces upon his lips. “My little Junmyeon, I would have joined for earlier if you would have told me.”

“No thanks,” she barks out as her drink is brought. “I didn't want uninvited company. And I'm not yours, Park. Get that in that tiny brain of yours.”

Jeong-su’s smile (if you could really call it that) disappears into a frown. “Tone it down, Junmyeon. I don't like my girls too feisty.”

Junmyeon snaps and she chucks her glass of diet Coke in his face. She leans toward him and hisses, “I'm not yours, Park Jeong-su, and I never will be. You're disgusting.”

Junmyeon gets up to leave but is stopped when a hand roughly grabs her wrist. Jeong-su holds on tight, looking like he's about to explode from anger. She panics and tries to shake her wrist out of his grasp, but he holds on tight.

“You'll regret that, you ,” he snarls in her face, and Junmyeon wishes that she had taken up Kyungsoo’s offer at being taught some self defense. Jeong-su may be skinny, but he's strong, much stronger than Junmyeon.

Suddenly, a fist comes flying out of the air and straight into Jeong-su’s face.

Junmyeon flinches as she hears his nose crack and he lets go of her to hold his bleeding face.

She's grabbed again and is rushed out of the restaurant, now in a commotion, and is standing in the parking lot.

She looks up to see who rushed her out and is surprised to see Jongdae.

He's pissed, she can tell, his eyes murderous and brows furrowed and his mouth in a snarl.

“Jongdae...”

He turns toward her and immediately his face changes to one of concern and worry. He looks as if he's scared. “Junmyeon,” he breathes, and checks over her, like something far more physical happened, like Jeong-su left cuts on her skin. “Are you okay? Do you need a doctor?”

Speechless,  she shakes her head.

Jongdae still checks over her and when he holds her wrist, she flinches because it's sore. There might even be a bruise there tomorrow. She winces.

Jongdae notices this and he handles her arm gently, as if he's afraid she'll suddenly break. His face contorts back into one of hostility and rage. “I'm going to kill him!”

“Jongdae, wait!” Junmyeon chokes out as she tries to stop him from storming back into the restaurant. She grabs his hand and he stops. “Don't! You'll only make it worse!”

Jongdae whirls around, eyes flashing. He grabs her hand and carefully holds her wrist, despite his anger. “This is worse than anything that could happen! Maybe I could get fired, maybe I could go to jail, maybe I could get beat up, but you know Junmyeon, as long as you're okay, I don't care what happens to me.”

“Jongdae,” Junmyeon croaks. “Don't say stuff like that.”

“Like what?” He steps toward her until they're inches apart. “That I'd do anything for you? That it doesn't matter what happens to me as long as you're happy? That you mean the most to me?”

No, Junmyeon thinks. All he wants is to get in your pants. You know that, everyone knows that. But when she looks up, his face is open and honest. She sees the pure adoration.

Junmyeon backs away, feeling overwhelmed. It feels like her chest is caving in on itself when she sees his face fall and she runs to her car, miserable.

She can't do this.