Makeups and Messes

How to Love

“It's Halloween!” Jimin squeals as she bursts through the front door.

“Tomorrow,” Seokjin corrects from the parlor where she's watching a movie with Minseok. “And hello to-”

Jimin laughs as she jumps onto Seokjin's lap. “Hi, unnie! Did you miss me?”

“I'm getting old,” Seokjin groans, but coddles the younger anyway.

Minseok smacks her lightly. “If anyone is getting old, it's me. How was your break, Jiminnie?”

“Great! I went and hung out with Tae and Baek for a day and met up with some of my old friends,” Jimin says. “And-”

“The Queen is back, es!” Jia-Li bursts through the front door, giant grin on her face. “Who missed me?”

“No one,” someone snipes from behind her, and Jia-Li squeals as she tumbles into the entryway when they push her.

Seokjin purses her lips at the tiny devil standing over Jia-Li and is about to reprimand both of them but Kyungsoo cracks a smile when Jimin tackles her onto the floor beside the laughing Chinese girl.

“Hello to everyone,” Minseok voices to the second years, a little disgruntled and a little affectionate.

“Hi, unnie!” Jimin leaps into Minseok's lap. “I'm glad to see you! Look, notice anything different?”

Minseok examines her. “Jimin, your hair!” She runs a hand through Jimin’s now dark brown hair. “It looks good!”

“Doesn't it?” Jimin smiles, showing it off to the others, basking in the attention she receives.

The rest of the girls arrive throughout the day, unpacking and catching up and cooing over the new makeovers. Some girls go out and get their party costumes, because the next day is, after all, Halloween.


 

-


 

Jimin purses her lips as Baekhyun whips together a costume for the party tonight. It involves a white strapless bandeau, short black shorts, strappy black heels, and a huge black and white fur coat. “What,” she voices monotonously, “is that?”

“It's your Cruella de Vil outfit.” Baekhyun beams at her. “You’re gonna look so hot. And we'll put this on your side, too.” She holds up a temporary tattoo design of some Chinese characters.

“You can't be serious,” Jimin squeaks. “If my outfit is this revealing, yours is going to be even worse.”

“Your outfit isn't revealing,” Baekhyun pouts. She holds up the fur coat and Jimin rolls her eyes.

“What are you wearing?” Jimin asks, continuing to fold her laundry on her bed. Baekhyun runs to her room and brings back an outfit that is made up of a tiny pair of white shorts, a white skin tight three-quarter sleeve shirt, bright pink wedges, and a fluffy pair of bunny ears. “This! Isn't it adorable?”

Jimin snorts. It's exactly Baekhyun.

“Minnie has the exact same thing, except in black and she has cat ears. She's gonna look so hot.”

“Damn right I am!” Minseok calls as she passes by Jimin’s room, causing Baekhyun to laugh.

“Come on, the party’s gonna be so fun! It’s Halloween!” Baekhyun punches Jimin’s arm. “You love Halloween!”

Jimin bites her lip. “Well, yeah... “ She glances at her costume. “But this isn't exactly what I was planning on going in.”

Baekhyun shrugs. “You'll look hot; that's all that matters.”

Jimin decides that hot is the only verb in Byun Baekhyun’s vocabulary.


 

-


 

Turns out Baekhyun is right. Jimin gets so many stares and ogling the second she steps into the Epsilon Xi Delta sorority House, that she feels incredibly self conscious and decides right away that she is never going to let Baekhyun choose her costume for her. Ever again. Even if she does look hot.

“Excuse me,” she hears a small voice behind her.

“Oh, sorry!” Jimin realizes she's standing in the entrance to the bathroom. She looks up and definitely doesn't expect to see Jeon Jeongguk before her, looking absolutely adorable in his Detective Conan costume. “Jeongguk!”

“Noona!” Jeongguk starts to turn a tomato red as his eyes rake up and down Jimin’s body, taking in the outfit. “Nice… Costume?”

Baekhyun, bringing Jimin a drink, smirks as she sees the cute first year looking Jimin up and down, ogling her. She leans close to him and says, “Hey, Detective Conan, looking for something? Try under her clothes.”

The first year looks absolutely mortified and embarrassed, while Jimin just groans and wraps herself up in the fur jacket, taking her drink. “Baekhyun! Stop it!”

Baekhyun snickers at her joke and something out of the corner of her eye catches her attention. It's Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol?” She chokes out, stepping in front of him.

“Baekhyun,” he replies, smiling down at her.

“You look…” Baekhyun trails off, staring at Chanyeol's costume. “Very… I don't know.”

“I'm Yoda.”

“Oh.” Baekhyun can't hold back her laughs. “Oh my God, Chanyeol! No, no, ChanYoda!”

The giant purses his lips down at her. “ChanYoda? Really, Baek?”

“I'm mean, you were called Yoda in school; I remember. Besides, what else am I supposed to call you?” Baekhyun gets out between giggles.

Ignoring the embarrassment he feels burning under his skin (thanks to his mother), Chanyeol leans down close and cages her against the wall. “Mmm, how about Daddy?”

That shuts Baekhyun right up, who flushes at the thought but seeing ChanYoda in his Star Wars costume is such a turnoff and so hilarious that she just laughs, which earns a pout from the tall green man. She doesn't really want to feel The Force this way, maybe when Chanyeol isn't green and dressed in what looks like a dirty bed sheet, but no; no ChanYoda will do it for her.

“You asked,” he grumbles, backing away and crossing his arms over his chest.

“Sorry,” Baekhyun snickers, placing a placating hand on his arm. “But not sorry.” She looks around and smiles when she sees people bobbing for apples in the big tub in the kitchen. “Yah, ChanYoda, I challenge you.” She jerks her head in the direction of the game.

Chanyeol looks over and smirks down at her. “Game on. But I want something if I win. And trust me, I will.”

“Yeah, like that's gonna happen. But alright, if you do, what?”

“Another kiss.”


 

-


 

“Sorry about that,” Jimin says as Baekhyun scampers away. “That's Baekhyun. She's… Baekhyun.” She sighs.

“It's okay,” Jeongguk replies nervously. His throat feels dry as he looks at Jimin, in her tiny little costume, and he can't function.

“Jeongguk?”

“Huh?”

“You were spaced out,” Jimin giggles, toying with her hair, which is tied back into a loose braid.

“Your hair,” Jeongguk blurts out. “It's brown.” He frowns, because of course she knows it's brown, it's her own hair.

But Jimin laughs it off. “Do you like it? I got it done a couple of days ago; orange was getting a little old.”

Does Jeongguk like it? Hell yeah, he does. At Jimin’s bright smile, he realizes he's said it out loud. “I mean-” He stutters, backtracking.

But Jimin smiles shyly and inspects the floor. “Good. I was hoping you'd like it,” she murmurs, startling the younger.

“I do,” Jeongguk whispers back. They stand in silence for awhile before Jeongguk remembers that Jimin is a Kappa Gamma and that the President doesn't like him. “Should we be talking?” He asks hesitantly. “I mean because of the rivalry and stuff…”

“Oh. Well, Junnie’s better about that now,” Jimin explains. “She's just scared, because of what happened two years ago and she doesn't trust any of you, but she's working on it. She knew of Kris and Yixing, which surprised us all, but she didn't stop them. Junmyeon is a good person.” And Jimin smiles when she thinks about how maybe Junmyeon will accept Jimin with Jeongguk, if the younger boy likes her back.


 

-


 

“What is that?” Minseok snickers as soon as she walks in the door.

Luhan glares at her. “Shut up, Kim. Are you blind? If you can see, don't ask!”

Minseok grins and ushers the rest of her sorority into the house. “Let's say I'm blind,” she says, turning back to Luhan. “Tell me.”

“It's a lost bet,” Luhan growls, taking a swig of his beer. “And it .”

Minseok giggles. “Oh, how cute, Xiao! You look so adorable, yes you do,” she cooes, reaching to pat his antler-clad head.

Luhan scowls and tries to slap her hand away. “Minseok!” He shrinks farther into his deer onesie and Minseok feels a little guilty.

“Well, you do,” she grits out painfully, but truthfully, because Luhan really does look cute in it. He looks up at her sharply but she slinks away like the cat she is, but not before making sure Luhan is staring at her in the tiny shorts she has on.

 

Minseok rules the dance floor that night, setting it on fire with her moves, and setting a few pants on fire too.

It's a couple hours, a couple beers, and quite a few songs later, when Minseok feels hands grip her hips from behind and the body sways behind her. It's nothing new; boys have been coming to dance with her all night.

Minseok sways her body to the music, hips swinging back and forth, and the hands pull her back to their body. It's warm and soft, but she can feel the hard muscles under his shirt. “You're a good dancer,” he whispers, breath hot on her skin.

Minseok's lips tug into a smile and she shrugs. “I am a dancer,” she replies smugly.

The hands leave her hips and take hers, leading her to an empty room, flicking the lights off.

“Hey,” Minseok complains. “It's hard to see.” The little moonlight shining in through the windows is enough to slightly illuminate his outline, but not show his face.

She hears the boy chuckle. “It's fine. You're a dancer; just let your body lead you.”

Minseok giggles and reaches out until she finds his shirt and pulls him close. “Alright then. Come on, show me a good time.”

 

The next morning, Minseok wakes up in an unfamiliar bed, with an unfamiliar body, and the sun streaming through the window. She groans, holding her head in her arms, encouraging the headache to go away.

Her shifting causes the body to move and it rolls over to reveal a boy Minseok feels like she should know, but right now she doesn't know anything but Tylenol and a glass of water.

“Hey.” The boy sits up and yawns, sheets sliding down to reveal his toned chest.

Minseok's mind processes what has happened and she sees her clothes strewn across the floor, along with his. “Oh my God,” she moans, headache getting worse.

“Hey, Minseok, are you okay?”

“No,” she moans, then looks at him guiltily. “Sorry… But who are you?”

The boy purses his lips and looks down at his hands. “My name is Jinyoung. Park Jinyoung. I'm sorry, I should have told you last night, but…” He trails off and stares out the window. Minseok waits for him to continue. “I took advantage of you last night, I'm so sorry. It's just, I've really liked you for a while, but now I know it's not reciprocated.”

Park Jinyoung. The name rings a bell in Minseok's head and she realizes it's the boy who usually sits behind her in her Calculus lectures. “Well, how would you know? We could give it a try.” Minseok gives him a grin. He's cute, seems sweet; Minseok could kind of see them together.

But Jinyoung shakes his head, smile sad. “I don't think it would work. Even though I didn't tell you my name last night, it didn't stop you from calling out someone's.”

“W-What do you mean?” Minseok squeaks, hugging herself. “Who's did I say?”

“Xiao Luhan’s.”