Coming Around

How to Love

Minseok refuses to speak to Luhan for weeks, despite his excuses. She gives him the silent treatment during Bio-Genes class, ignores his pleading, and even slams the door in his face when he comes to speak to her at the Kappa Gamma house.

“Unnie,” Seokjin murmurs to the elder as they're sitting in the parlor, watching Madame Antoine. “What's up with you and Luhan?”

Minseok shoots a glance to Jimin, Baekhyun, Jia-Li, and Zitao on the floor, all of them giggling at something Baekhyun had said. “Don't you remember what happened at the game two weeks ago?”

Seokjin shakes her head. If she's going to be honest, she'd been trying to avoid Namjoon after their little encounter at the music store.

“He ing yelled at me, asking me if I was together with Jinyoung and I told him no. Then, they got into an argument and he punched Jinyoung in the face.”

Seokjin raised her eyebrows. “Wow. Though I'm not really surprised. Luhan has always had some anger problems.”

Minseok sighs and runs a hand down her face. “It's frustrating.” Nervously, she looks around and leans close to Seokjin. “Jinnie, you have to keep this secret.” Seokjin's eyes widen but she nods.

“At the Beta Beta party, Luhan and I… well, we made out.”

The younger rears back. “That was months ago,” she hisses.

Minseok stares at her hands. “I know. But we were both drunk and-”

“I have to confess, too!” Seokjin blurts out, making sure the others didn't hear. “I… You remember when Kappa Pi Beta ruined out shoes and bleached our hair?” Minseok nods, curious. “Well… I came home with that hickey… from a Kappa Pi Beta…”

“What?” Both girls turn to see the other four staring at them, gaping in astonishment.

Jimin’s face splits into a giant grin. “My, my, our unnies have been busy!”

Jia-Li giggles. “Almost as busy as Taozi!”

Zitao blushes and smacks Jia-Li. “Yah! Like we didn't know that time you got all dressed up for to meet a friend was really a date with Mark Tuan!”

Jia-Li turns away. “It was not a date. We simply went out as friends!”

Jimin rolls her eyes. “Yeah right!” She shoves her best friend's shoulder and the Chinese girl squeals as she falls to the floor.

Seokjin sighs and calms them down. “Look, maybe we should just keep this on the down low, yeah? Junmyeon has enough on her plate right now with organizing events, classes, and Yixing and Kris.”

“Junmyeon should learn to organize her room before she tries to organize her life,” Baekhyun pipes up and Minseok nearly strangles the second year.

“Yah! Be thankful Jun got you out of your mess last year!” She snaps, and Baekhyun’s jaw clenches. The atmosphere is tense and everyone is staring at each other awkwardly.

“Um, Minseok-unnie, I think Baekkie was just kidding,” Jimin says quietly. “She didn't mean it. And Baek, Minseok-unnie didn't mean what she said in a harsh way.”

“What mess?” Zitao murmurs in Jia-Li’s ear and the elder indicates she'll tell later.

Minseok sighs. “Jiminnie’s right, Baek. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that.”

Baekhyun nods her head, lips in a thin line. “I'm sorry, too,” she grumbles.

The sudden ringing of the doorbell breaks the tension and Jia-Li scrambles up to go get it. Opening it, she's startled to see Luhan on the other side. “Luhan?” She asks, confused.

He smiles timidly. “Hi. Is Minseok there?”

Jia-Li looks behind her to where all the other girls are huddled on the couch and Minseok shakes her head no. “I'm not here!” She hisses.

Jia-Li turns back to Luhan. “She says she's not here.” In the parlor, Minseok face palms and groans. Leave it to Jia-Li Wang.

Seokjin gets up and goes to stand beside Jia-Li. “Luhan. Minseokkie isn't feeling well right now so if you could come back some other time-”

“Or never!” Jimin yells.

“That would be great,” Seokjin finishes and slams the door shut.

“He keeps coming,” Jimin comments. “I see him skulking around a lot.”

“Maybe you should go to the campus police,” Zitao murmurs, eyes darting to the door nervously.

Minseok shakes her head. “Xiao Luhan is harmless. He's all bark and no bite; sure, he's an but Luhan isn't like that. If you see him, just ignore him. Not worth the time.”

The girls nod and everyone goes back to silently watching the TV.

 
 

-

 
 

“What should I wear?” Zitao whines, surrounded by piles of clothes as she digs through her drawers. “I have nothing!”

Jia-Li raises an eyebrow. “Tao, you're literally surrounded by mountains of clothes.”

Zitao turns on her best friend, brown eyes wild. “I have nothing to wear! I need to look cute and Sehun has seen me in every single thing I own! Why didn't I go to the mall yesterday?”

Baekhyun snorts as she walks in, Kyungsoo and Jimin behind her. All three settle on Zitao's messy bed and make themselves comfortable. “Taozi, Sehun is a guy. He probably doesn't even remember what you wore yesterday.”

The youngest whimpers and pulls her blue hair anxiously. “You think?”

Baekhyun grins. “I know.”

Zitao sighs and nods. “Okay. Will you help me, please?” The other girls squeal and nod before diving into Zitao's clothes, searching for something suitable.

 

Two hours later, Zitao is freshly washed and dressed up in skinny jeans, a flowing white top, and black boots, her bright hair up in a messy bun. She grins as Baekhyun does the rest of her eyeliner and Kyungsoo moves to put on her mascara. Her phone buzzes and Jimin checks it. “It's from Sehun. He said he's here.” Right then, the doorbell rings.

Zitao jumps up and grabs her jacket and purse and phone before scrambling downstairs, pausing before reaching the parlor so she doesn't look too excited.

Sehun is standing in the entrance, having been let in by Minseok, who smiles and disappears. Zitao grins at her boyfriend and waves. “Is it okay? Do I look ugly?” She asks shyly.

“Yeah, you always look ugly,” Sehun replies with an affectionate smile, but there's no bite to it.

Zitao giggles and smacks his arm. “You piece of .” He responds with a kiss to her forehead.

They walk out and get into his car, borrowed from Namjoon again, and Zitao straps herself in as Sehun starts the car. “Where are we going?”

“Surprise.” Sehun grins and Zitao frowns.

“You dragged me through a haunted house last time you said that.”

“We're not going to a haunted house. Somewhere else.”

 

Somewhere else turns out to be a insect pavilion. Zitao turns and stares at her boyfriend with wide eyes as he pulls into a parking spot and turns off the car. “You've got to be kidding,” she spits in Chinese, then repeats in Korean.

Sehun laughs. “Nope!” He gets out and walks around to Zitao's side, who refuses to move.

“I'm not going in there,” she hisses, struggling as Sehun tries to unbuckle her belt and pull her out of the car.

“Too bad,” Sehun singsongs and manages to pull her out of the car and into the building.

 

Zitao screams the whole way throughout, just like in the haunted house, and the couple are quickly kicked out because she shrieks at every insect.

“Okay,” Zitao says as they exit the pavilion, she stumbling and holding tight onto Sehun's arm. “Next time, I get to choose the place.”

Sehun smiles, smug. “Sure thing, babe.”

 
 

-

 
 

Seokjin smiles up at Jaehwan. “Thanks for taking me out tonight, Jyani.”

Jaehwan grins and slings an arm around her. “It's cool. You were so excited about acing your test, so I thought you would enjoy this too.”

Seokjin breathes in the scent of Japanese food and pushes her way through the door of the restaurant, Jaehwan following her. “Hello,” she greets. “Two people.”

The host smiles and nods, leading them to a booth. After they're seated, she says, “I'm Sana! Would you like to start with anything to drink?”

“Water,” Seokjin replies, and Jaehwan nods in agreement. Sana smiles and walks away.

The two talk animatedly, not noticing the tall man behind the sushi counter across the restaurant, hands clenched and eyes glaring.

“What's wrong?” His co worker Yuta asks, chopping up fish.

“Do you know who that is?” Namjoon jerks his head at the man across from Seokjin. He looks so trashy with his bright blue hair.

Yuta glances over and shakes his head. “Nope. Why?”

“He's out with Seokjin,” Namjoon growls. “My Seokjin.”

“Your Seokjin?” Jeonghan comes up beside them, smirk on his pretty features. “I didn't realize the Kim Seokjin wasn't available anymore.”

Namjoon sighs and Yuta snorts in amusement. “She'll be mine soon,” he whines. His coworkers roll their eyes at his pouting.

“Jaebum told us about your little adventure at the music store,” Jeonghan pipes up, sharing a smirk with Yuta. “I heard that Seokjin kicked you to the ground and ran away.”

Namjoon scowls. “ Jaebum.”

“You're too late for that,” Sooyoung walks up, hand in hand with Sungjae, and the two take a seat on the stools in front of the sushi counter. “Seulgi-unnie has beaten you to it.” Yuta gapes while Namjoon and Jeonghan laugh.

“That bastard finally confessed,” Jeonghan says, grinning.

“I thought he'd be single forever, living with his cats in a tiny apartment,” Namjoon laughs, and a flash of blond catches his eye. It's Seokjin, headed his way, probably to the restrooms. “Hide me!” He squeaks, ducking under the counter, causing everyone to chuckle.

“Oh! Sooyoung!” He hears Seokjin say.

“Hi, unnie!” Sooyoung grins and Sungjae waves. “Do you know Jeonghan-oppa and Yuta-oppa?”

“No.” Seokjin smiles and bows, the other two reciprocating.

“Unnie, are you here on a date?” Sooyoung asks loudly, making sure Namjoon heard the question.

Seokjin smiles. “Yeah, I guess I'm on a date.” At her words, a bang from underneath the counter is heard and a hiss of pain follows. Seokjin frowns, and leans over to try and see. “What just happened?”

“That's just the fish jumping around,” Yuta jokes. “Don't worry, I'll kill it.” He takes a knife from the counter and a shrill squeal sounds.

Seokjin's eyes go wide. “I don't think fish make that nose.” She jumps when both Yuta and Namjoon pop up. “Namjoon?”

Namjoon frowns. “Who's Namjoon? I'm Nam… hoon. I'm Namhoon.”

Jeonghan snorts while Sooyoung giggles into Sungjae’s chest. Seokjin rolls her eyes. “God, Namjoon. Really.”

“I told you, I'm Namhoon. There is no Namjoon here that you speak of.”

Seokjin sighs and sees Jaehwan waving to her out of the corner of her eye to come order. “Right, then goodbye, Namhoon.” She walks away, hips swinging, and all Namjoon can do is stare and drool.

As soon as she's gone, he whips out his phone and calls Chanyeol. “Yah! I need the Secret Spy Service ASAP! Neko Restaurant, Kim Seokjin and some dumb nerd with blue hair!”

“On it!” Chanyeol barks and ends the call.

Jeonghan and Yuta stare at Namjoon. “Secret Spy Service?” Jeonghan asks.

“It's a KPB thing,” Namjoon replies, rolling out some seaweed. “It's a little thing we do if someone we like is on a date with someone else. So I called Yeol.”

“It's not so secret now,” Sungjae mutters.

“Yah!” Their manager snaps, coming over with his hands on his hips. “What is this, a party? Yuta and Joon, make sushi like you're supposed to! And Jeonghan, quite the flirting and hair flipping and serve the customers their food!” Yuta immediately starts stirring the rice while Jeonghan rolls his eyes, flips his hair over his shoulder elegantly, and stalks off.

Yuta, Namjoon, Sooyoung, and Sungjae make small talk while the couple eats their food. Sana passes by and Namjoon beckons her over.

“Hey,” he hisses. “You know Park Chanyeol?” Sana nods. “When he comes in, will you seat them in the booth across from Kim Seokjin?”

Sana smirks up at him. “Jealous of Lee Jaehwan?”

Namjoon scowls. So that was his name. “No-”

“It's okay, oppa.” Sana pats his shoulder. “I won't tell anyone. I'll put Chanyeol next to them, don't worry.”

Namjoon purses his lips. “Thanks, Sana.”

Five minutes later, Chanyeol enters side by side with Jongdae, Jongin, and Sehun. Sana seats them across from Seokjin and Jaehwan as promised and Chanyeol waves to Namjoon.

He smiles. Kim Namjoon will get Seokjin to be his.

 

“Jaehwan sings. He's majoring in music, so I bet Baekhyun knows him,” Chanyeol says when they're back home after Namjoon’s shift has ended. “He helped her when Jin Hyosang broke up with her last year and they've been close ever since.”

“Damn him,” Namjoon growls.

“You should make her notice you,” Jongdae says from where he's seated at Namjoon’s desk. “Do something to catch her attention and keep it.”

“Do a dance,” Chanyeol suggests.

“I can't dance,” Namjoon retorts.

“Serenade her.”

“I can't sing.”

“Buy her something.”

“Like what?”

“A cat,” Jongdae grins. “Girls love cats.”

“Oh!” Chanyeol claps his hands excitedly. “Dye your hair!”

Jongdae gasps and nods. “Yes! Something else would be nice to look at, silver was so last season.”

“Shut the up,” Namjoon sneers while his friends laugh.

“I'm kidding,” Chanyeol says. “But really, find something that will get her attention.”

So Namjoon does.

 

“I-I was kidding,” Chanyeol squeaks the next day after Namjoon has come back from going out to ‘chill’. “Joon, I wasn't serious!”

Kris stares at Namjoon, his face stoic. “The things to boys do to get Kim Seokjin's attention.”

Jeongguk peeks around Kris. “I don't think it's bad, hyung.”

Namjoon smiles. “Thanks, Jeong-”

“I think it's really bad,” Jeongguk deadpans.

“You little-!”

Jongin and Sehun pull Jeongguk behind them, forming a barrier while the youngest smirks over their shoulders at a scowling Namjoon. He runs a hand through his hair and shrugs. “I don't think it's terrible. I mean, I could look like Lee Jaehwan.”

“No, instead you look ridiculous,” Kris says.

The door opens and in walk Jongdae and Mark, back from their afternoon lectures. Jongdae starts laughing so hard he has tears streaming out of his eyes and Mark simply raises his eyebrows. “Nice hair,” he comments calmly.

“Was that sarcasm?” Namjoon growls, feeling extremely self conscious.

Mark shakes his head, a small smile playing on his lips. “It's okay, Joon.”

Namjoon sighs and ignores a cackling Jongdae, turning to his phone and sending a quick text to Seokjin.

Want to get ice cream?

He'll show that Lee Jaehwan who's  really going to win over Kim Seokjin.