No Way, No Way

How to Love

"That was a really good game!" Junmyeon says as Seokjin and Minseok come out of the locker room together.

"Thanks!" Jin smiles. She pats Sooyoung's spandex-clad as the first year rushes past her to go jump into Sungjae's arms. They both laugh as he twirls her around in a circle and she pecks his cheek.

"Awww!" Baekhyun squeals, shaking a tired Minseok back and forth. "My feels!"

"Baekhyun." Junmyeon lays a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Stop, Minseok and Jin are tired. Let's go get some takeout and then go home, okay?"

All the girls nod and Minseok shoots Junmyeon a grateful look.

"Oh, where's Soo?" Jimin asks, looking around.

"She went to the bathroom," Baekhyun replies, and they all exit the gym to wait for Kyungsoo.

 

Jongin is coming out of the men's bathroom, checking his phone for a text from his mom, when he bumps into something solid and falls back on the floor.

"Oof!" Goes the other person and Jongin stands immediately.

"I'm sorry!" He bows low. "I'm really sorry!"

"If you're so sorry," a feminine voice says coldly, "then help me up."

"Ah, yes!" He looks at the girl and is astounded by what he sees. She's got long black hair, big doe eyes, pretty heart-heart-shaped lips, and...s.

"Yah, kid, my eyes are up here!" She snarls, pointing to her face.

"Sorry!" He bows again and feels a blush creep on his face. He extends his arm for her and tries to help her up.

Unfortunately, he slips in a puddle of spilled Red Cherry Slushie and ends up falling on top of her.

"Ow! What the hell!" She curses, and tries to push him off of her but he won't budge.

Kyungsoo grabs his biceps- whoa, those babies are firm- and makes another effort. No avail.

Jongin lays on top of her, ready to just die right then and there. He can never face anyone ever again. "Yah. Yah, kid!" Kyungsoo slaps his head of messy white hair.

Only a moan answers her.

People pass by and give them weird looks and Kyungsoo shoots back her own death glare.

"People are looking."

"Let them. I can't embarrass myself anymore," the boy responds dejectedly. "I've passed my maximum."

"Well," Kyungsoo hisses. "I have not , so-"

"Oh, Jonginnie, getting some already?" Someone interrupts her.

Kyungsoo looks up to see a two tall boys standing above them, looking down at them leisurely.

She glares and Jongin manages to push himself off of her. "Shut up, Sehun," he says, and moves to slap him.

Kyungsoo stands, shoots death rays to all three boys, and scurries away to find her friends.


 

-


 

"Mmm," Baekhyun purrs as she inhales a huge bite of shrimp lo mein. "Delicious!"

Kyungsoo stares from the bottom of Baekhyun's bed. "Pig."

"Freak," Baekhyun shoots back. She turns to her AP Biology textbook and starts to quiz Kyungsoo again. "Deoxyribonucleic acid."

"DNA. Deoxyribonucleic acid is a molecule that carries most of the genetic instructions used in the development, functioning and reproduction of all known living organisms and many viruses," Kyungsoo states as nibbles on her sesame chicken.

"Good. Now-" Baekhyun is interrupted when her phone vibrates next to her. Picking it up, it shows she has a new message, from an unknown number.

"Who is it?" Her best friend asks as she skims over the textbook page.

"I don't know." She opens the message.

Hi Baekhyunnie~!

It's Park Chanyeol, I got your number from that kid you tutor in math. I hope you don't mind *(^○^)* Let's get together for coffee and treats sometime, yeah?

Baekhyun groans. What? That stupid brat, Yugyeom.

Also, I need help in math, too! Tutor me!

I'm busy. She texts back.

Awwww (;_;)

Baekhyun snorts at his use of Japanese emoticons.

Park Chanyeol.

Yes that's me!

I'm busy right now. Please don't bother me.

Are you with a boy, Baekhyun?! You know, I don't really care about our rivalry. Just give me a chance (!_!)

I'd rather not have my President after my constantly, thanks

"Yah, Baek, you're supposed to be helping me," Kyungsoo huffs."Who is that anyway?"

I have to go now

"Just some guy," Baekhyun says, ignoring the vibrations from her phone next to her.

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow. "Just some guy? , please."

Baekhyun reaches over to smack her friend's leg. "Study, penguin girl."

"Don't call me that," Kyungsoo hisses but she turns back to her textbook anyway.

Baekhyun doesn't think about what could be if she accepted Chanyeol's invitation. No, definitely not.


 

-


 

The next day, Jimin wakes up feeling refreshed and ready to go.

She hops out of bed, to her closet, and picks out something comfortable to wear for her dance class and puts her long orange hair up in a loose bun

"Mmm, smells delicious, Soo!" She says as she walks into the kitchen, all ready to go.

"Of course it does, I'm the one cooking," her friend retorts, causing Jimin to laugh.

She sits at the counter and is given a pancake and two pieces of bacon and strawberry syrup. "Thanks, Soo!"

She gets a grunt in reply.

Kyungsoo has never been a morning person but she still gets up every morning to fix her sorority sisters breakfast.

Junmyeon shuffles in the kitchen, clad in her big Kappa Gamma shirt, tiny pink sleeping shorts, and her fluffy pink bunny slippers. Her usually perfect hair is a mess.

"You look tired," Kyungsoo comments as she serves Junmyeon.

"I am," she replies, covering a yawn. "My lecture took way longer than it was supposed to."

Minseok waltzes in, snags a piece of bacon and a banana. "Ready to go?" She asks Jimin.

"Yeah! Bye Jun, by Soo!" She says as she walks out the door.

 

"So, we've got two new students in our class today," Minseok tells her as they drive to the athletics building. "First years."

"First years?" Jimin gapes. Only two weeks into the new year and two first years were already chosen to join the Advanced Dance Class.

Minseok nods. "I talked to Mr. Lee and Minhyuk about it and they said that they should move up."

"Wow." It was extremely uncommon for first years to join the class, especially this early. Jimin was sure it had never happened before.

"I know, right? But I've seen them dance and I think that moving them up was a good idea. They got a hold of the steps more quickly and can do more advanced moves," Minseok informs her.

They park the car and head into the building, where the majority of the class has gathered.

"Hey!" Minseok smiles. "Guys, gather around!"

They all crowd around their class leader and Minseok speaks. "I don't know if you've noticed, but we have two new kiddos!" She looks down at her papers. "Kim Jongin and Jeon Jeongguk?"

Two tall boys who are standing at the back of the crowd hesitantly raise their hands.

Minseok smiles at them and beckons them forward. "Hello, I'm Kim Minseok, the class leader."

The tan boy with a shock of white hair and a pretty face bows. "Hello, I'm Kim Jongin," he says shyly.

The other with short black hair and a cute, childish face bows afterwards. "Hello, I'm Jeon Jeongguk."

Jimin thinks he looks like a cute little bunny. And man, what a hot bod.

They start off class and Jimin watches Jeongguk out of the corner of her eye. He's good, very good, managing to keep up with the footwork they do, and she can see why he was moved up.

Then they go into more advanced routines and this is when Minseok sends a couple of the dancers to go around and help the others.

"Jimin, go help him." Minseok jerks her chin to Jeongguk from where she's helping correct Hongbin's stance.

Jimin salutes her and walks over to the tall first year, where he's trying to correct himself. "Hey."

He starts, look at her with wide eyes and she almost laughs. "Ah, noona!" Jeongguk bows quickly.

"I just came to help you. You seemed like you were having trouble," Jimin explains, re-tying her hair into a high ponytail.

Jeongguk flushes. "Um, yes please."

Jimin smiles brightly up at him. "Okay, I'll go slowly. Just follow my lead."

He does as he's told and he gets it within the next couple of minutes.

"Nice!" Jimin compliments, patting his arm. She grins at him. "So I heard you're a first year. It's really impressive that you and Jongin got into this class, especially so early into the year."

"Thanks." Jeongguk bows again, face pink. "We really love dancing."

Jimin nods. "I know how you feel. So are you in a fraternity? Or is that not for you?" She grabs her waterborne and takes a gulp of cool water.

"Yeah, I'm in Kappa Pi Beta, actually!"

Jimin chokes.