So What?

How to Love

Junmyeon starts as Seokjin shakes her. "Bye, Junnie, Minseok and I are going!"

"Bye! We'll be there soon!" Junmyeon smiles as her best friends head out the door to the gym.

And proceeds to frown as she remembers what happened a couple of nights ago.

"Kim Junmyeon, be my girlfriend."

"Arghhh!" Junmyeon screeches into her hands. "Why?"

She hadn't know how to respond, and was thankful that Jongdae had passed out before anything more could be said.  

"What's wrong, eonni?" Baekhyun asks as she walks into the kitchen and washes out her tea mug in the sink.

Junmyeon starts.  "What? Oh, just thinking."

Baekhyun eyes her suspiciously but doesn't say anything.

"Baek," Junmyeon calls as she's walking out of the kitchen. "Wait."

"Yeah?"

"What... what if there's someone who asks you out and you don't know what to say?"

Baekhyun stares at her. "Junmyeon. Who is it?"

"No one!" Junmyeon sputters, holding up her hands in defense. "No one at all!"

Baekhyun steps forward, smiling, and Junmyeon takes a step back. Why had she opened ?

"Going somewhere, Kim Junmyeon?" A low voice asks from right behind her, and she screams.

She screams bloody murder, covering her eyes, and almost cries.

"What the hell is going on?" Jia-Li yells as she and Zitao and Yixing stomp down the stairs.

The run into the kitchen to see Junmyeon wailing and swiping her long nails at Baekhyun's face.

"I didn't do anything!" Baekhyun screeches as she avoids a claw. "It was all Kyungsoo!" She points to her laughing best friend behind Junmyeon.

Yixing sighs and calms Junmyeon down, who has finally opened her eyes to see Baekhyun running away, with Kyungsoo trailing behind her, cackling.

"Ah, Xing! It was so scary!" Junmyeon whines to the taller girl as Jia-Li and Zitao walk back upstairs to their rooms.

"It's okay, that was really mean," Yixing consoles, knowing how scared Junmyeon when Kyungsoo and Baekhyun mess with her like that. "We'll go to the game and everything will be better."

Junmyeon nods, still frowning, and they go to their rooms to get ready.

 

-


 

Seokjin is throwing the volleyball to Minseok, warming up her arms, when she sees a pretty boy face sit in the student section. She nods to Minseok. "Incoming."

Minseok turns to look and makes eye contact with Luhan. He waves cutely and sneers.

She sneers back and hurls the ball at Seokjin.

"Calm down, Min," comes the call from her partner.

"Why is he even here?" She says, as she and Jin start to pepper. She slaps the ball down and groans when it goes behind Seokjin.

"Minseok, come on, focus. Why are you so worked up about him?" Seokjin asks as she comes back with the ball and tosses it to Minseok.

Minseok bumps it up and doesn't say a word. There's no way she can say anything, no way she can tell anyone. Ever. Until she leaves college, maybe, but then she wouldn't be able to face her sorority sisters again.

Minseok spots Junmyeon and the rest of the girls come in and sit in the front of the student section.

She smiles and waves and her friends shout encouragement at them.

Seokjin giggles and waves as well.

"Home team, at the net first!" The head ref shouts and blows his whistle.

Seokjin goes up to the net along with freshman Park Sooyoung, to set.

She smiles as Sooyoung blushes hard when she hears her boyfriend, Yook Sungjae, scream for her and waves his cute I ♡ #19! sign.

Minseok goes the middle of the court and gets ready for the ball to be tossed to her.

"Let's go!" Their coach calls and he watches them closely to fix any mistakes.

Minseok watches the ball into her arms, directing it to Seokjin with ease so the taller could set it up for the others go hit.

She feels eyes burning into the back of her head the entire time.


 

"Please, remind me again why we're here," Sehun complains, playing Trivia Crack on his phone. He nudges Jeongguk and shows him the question.

"That's cheating," Jongin hisses in his ear. What's the capital of the United States?

Sehun, please.

"It's not cheating if Jeongguk is willing to help me for free," Sehun retorts as Jeongguk answers the next few questions for him. "He's the golden boy."

"Because who doesn't love to see hot girls run around in spandex?" Is what Jongdae replies to Sehun's question, and he shares a high five with Chanyeol.

Sehun shrugs. "The girl I want to see running around in spandex isn't on the court."

"Oh?" All heads turn towards him as he watches Jeongguk play his game for him.

"Oh Sehun," Luhan says. "Whatever do you mean, my precious bean sprout?"

Sehun looks at the older boy, horrified look on his face. "Please don't."

"What's up, Sehun? Tell us," Kim Namjoon prompts. "Who is it?"

"Her name is Huang Zitao," Sehun says. He nods down to where a group of girls is gathered. "The tall blond one down there."

All eyes turn and all eyes widen in shock.

Luhan lunges at Sehun, who shrieks, and tries to sacrifice Jongin.

"Yah, Oh Sehun, you stupid bean sprout, what are you thinking?"

"What?" Sehun squeals as Jongin wrenches him forward into Luhan's proximity and into his aura of wrath. "She's cute and she's nice!"

"She also thinks you deal drugs," Jeongguk comments, still playing on Sehun's phone.

"She's a Kappa Gamma! We don't mix with Kappa Gammas!"

"It's forbidden," Namjoon says.

"But why?" Sehun complains as he fights off Luhan's hands threatening to wrap around his neck. "I don't see a problem with that. If she wants me too, then swag, man."

Jongin and Jeongguk roll their eyes at their best friend.

"Swag, man," Chanyeol mocks in his deep voice. Mark smacks the back of his head and he whines pitifully.

"It's forbidden," Namjoon repeats.

Sehun rolls his eyes and watches the two teams warm up. "Whatever," he mutters.

Luhan watches his stupid , precious bean sprout closely.


 

Jeongguk isn't particularly paying attention to anything, idly watching the game, until a flash a orange hair passes in his peripheral vision and he jerks.

Sehun hits him. "Spaz," he says.

Jeongguk ignores him. His eyes follow the short girl with chubby cheeks and a killer smile and pretty orange hair walk along the bottom of the bleachers, up to Kappa Gamma.

They all squeal and laugh and say hello, and Jeongguk thinks that the girl's laugh is the most beautiful thing he's ever heard.

He wants to hear it more. He wants to be the one to make her laugh.