First Date

How to Love

“Hey, hyung, can I borrow your car?”

Namjoon turns and looks at Sehun, who's standing behind him, looking a little nervous. “Why?”

“Um, I'm taking someone out today,” is the reply.

Namjoon raises his eyebrows. “That Huang girl you said you liked? From Kappa Gamma?”

The younger nods and Namjoon tsks. “Oh Sehun, fraternizing with the enemy.” But he hands over his keys. “Bring it back in one piece, kid.”

Sehun grins. “Thanks, hyung!”

He drives over to one of the lecture buildings and texts Zitao that he's waiting outside her lecture hall and gets a response that she'll be out in three minutes.

Sehun bobs his head to the music playing the car and makes sure that he has his tickets. He can't wait to see Zitao's reaction when she finds out where they're going.

 

Zitao sighs as her professor drones on about the different textures and patterns of their designs. Normally, Zitao is 110% into this class, but today, she's not. She just wants to escape and spend the rest of her day with Sehun.

She smiles and wonders where they're going today.

Her phone buzzes in her pocket and she takes a peek, seeing it's from Sehun.

Outside your hall, waiting for you ;)

Zitao giggles quietly to herself.

Okay :) be out in like 3 min

She looks down at her outfit. It was pretty warm today so she opted for jean shorts and a loose yellow tank top, with flip flops and a grey jacket in case it gets chilly.

Zitao's stomach flutters as her professor lets them leave, and she's throwing her stuff into her backpack and rushing out the hall.

She gets outside and scans for a familiar face, and smiling when she catches Sehun's eye in a big black car.

“Hi,” she says breathlessly as she gets into the passenger seat.

“Hey.” Sehun grins at her before pulling out into the street. “How was class?”

Zitao sighs. “Boring. I'll be honest, I just wanted to get it over with so I could go out with you,” she says, blushing.

Sehun laughs, cheeks pink as well.

They talk about simple things on the way to their destination and upon reaching it, Zitao gasps.

“Lotte World?”

Sehun nods. “Do you like it? Is it okay?”

“It's awesome!” Zitao squeals as she jumps out of the car. She grabs Sehun's hand and drags him to the entrance.

Sehun gives the tickets at the entrance and Zitao drags him to the first ride she sees, the Camelot Carousel.

“This, this!” she cries, pointing to it, and Sehun laughs loudly, following her lead.


 

-


 

The last place Jeongguk expects to see Jimin is the gym. Lifting nearly as much as he can.

“Jimin-noona?” he blurts out as she sits up from the bench.

“Oh! Jeonggukkie!” She waves, her eyes turning into crescents as she smiles.

Jeongguk stares at her. She's wearing a sports bra and tight athletic shorts and he can see the hard outlines of her abs.

“Yah, Jeongguk?” Jimin waves her hand in his face.

He starts. “What? Oh, sorry.”

“It's okay.” She goes over the hand weights and starts forty pound bicep curls. “So what are you doing here?” Then she blushes, because what else would he be at the gym for except to work out? God, Park Jimin.

“Um, just came here becuase I had nothing else to do,” Jeongguk stutters, staring at her arm muscles. Holy .

Jimin laughs nervously. “Of course, of course!” She turns to look at him after she's done with her curls and they stare at each other.

Jeongguk flushes and feels self-conscious as he sees Jimin look him up and down. He's in basketball shorts and a wrinkled t-shirt he found on his bedroom floor and he's disgusting. He hasn't showered in two days.

“Um, am I interrupting some weird couple ritual workout thing here?” A snobby voice asks, breaking the silence.

Jeongguk shakes his head and looks at the girl.

She's very pretty, with pale skin and light grey hair cut in a bob.

“Back off, Taeyeon,” Jimin spits and Jeongguk is shocked to see her so sour looking.

Taeyeon smiles fakely. “Yah, is that anyway to talk to your senior, Park Jimin?”

Jimin rolls her eyes. “No one has any respect left for you. Not after Baekhyun.”

Jeongguk wonders what she's talking about and Taeyeon looks absolutely murderous. “That deserved everything she got!”

Jimin lunges toward her and yanks at Taeyeon’s short hair, who shrieks and tries to claw at Jimin’s face.

“Oh God!” Jeongguk reaches toward them and wraps his arms around Jimin, pulling her back. She writhes in his arms and scratches and howls, causing even more of a scene, but he holds tight.

Taeyeon bolts out of the weight room and Jimin sags, Jeongguk keeping her upright. “I hate that .”

Jeongguk looks around awkwardly, and, trying to ignore everyone's eyes on them, sets Jimin down on the floor in a corner. “Is everything okay?”

Jimin looks up, and her eyes widen. “Oh my God!” she squeaks, absolutely mortified that he had to see that. “I can't believe I just did that in front of you! I'm so sorry!” She covers her face with her hands.

Jeongguk smiles, and places a hand on her back. “It's okay, noona.”

Jimin whines and Jeongguk nearly whines as well becuase that sound has blood rushing down. He gulps and grabs her hand. “Noona, do you want to go get some ice cream?”

 

“Mmm,” Jimin purrs as she takes a bite of her cotton candy ice cream. “Thanks, Jeonggukkie.”

Jeongguk turns beet red as he watches her tongue poke out the side of . “O-Of course! No problem!”

“So,” she begins, leaning forward. “How do you like college so far? It's pretty different from high school, yeah?”

Jeongguk nods. “Yeah, it is. I like it, though.”

“That's good.” Jimin smiles.

“What about you, noona?” He asks.

“I really like it. Everything is harder and I get less sleep, but I'm managing,” she replies, eating more.

Jeongguk nods and takes a bite of his chocolate chip mint ice cream.

Suddenly, he remembers something from a month ago, from the Beta Beta BANG party. He doesn't know why, but he does.

He remembers seeing a pretty girl with long orange hair piled on top of her head, with chubby cheeks and half moon eyes, and wearing a short strapless blue dress and completely engrossed in her phone.

“This is what you should avoid, boys. Witches like the Kappa Gamma girls.” Luhan's words ring in his head.

“You're a Kappa Gamma,” he chokes out.

Jimin stops eating and tenses up. She then sighs and looks up at him. “I am.”


 

-


 

Kyungsoo’s nostrils flare as she doesn't find the book she's looking for.

It's been three ing weeks and the kid who took it still hasn't brought it back.

Who takes that long to read a book, dammit?

She stalks up to the librarian and asks if the book is in the return bin, if it just hasn't been put on the shelf yet.

The librarian checks her computer and shakes her head.

Kyungsoo smiles and leaves, silently raging on the inside.

Damn whoever took her book.

She heads over to the next block to Starbucks and orders a green tea Frappuccino. As she's waiting, a familiar book cover catches her eye and she cranes her head to get a better look.

She's right. It's her book, the one from the library. And the brat reading it is…

Jongin.

Kyungsoo glares at him, as if lasers will shoot out of her eyes and burn him to a crisp.

He looks up, as if feeling her stare, and meets it. He waves.

Kyungsoo seethes. She grabs her now-ready drink from the worker and stomps over to Jongin’s table. “How long are you going to take with that?” She hisses, pointing to the book. He's barely halfway through and Kyungsoo moans internally.

“Oh, this? Well, I actually just started it today, but I should be done within a couple of days, or less. Why?”

What? “You've had it for three weeks,” Kyungsoo growls, “Yet you only started it today?”

Jongin squeaks as she glares daggers at him. “I'm sorry?”

“You should be! I've waited weeks for that book and you just started it today!” She bangs her head on the table. “God, just finish it already!”

“I-I’m sorry!” Jongin stutters, watching in alarm as Kyungsoo grips the edge of the table so hard her fingers turn white. Then he hesitates. “Actually, I think I'm just going to keep it for a while more. I mean, we take what the other needs, right?”

Kyungsoo snaps her head up and Jongin flinches, but continues. “Like, you took the last chicken soup, and I'll take the only copy of Eragon that you want. That sound like a deal?” He grins, proud of himself.

Kyungsoo, however, scowls and grabs the book from Jongin’s grip and dashes out the door.

“Hey!” He squeals, trying to chase after her, but ends up tripping on the chair leg. Jongin sighs as he watches Kyungsoo run down the block, clutching his library book.

He needs to hire a bodyguard or something.


 

-


 

“Let's go in there next!” Sehun says excitedly, pointing to the large wooden house with screams and howls coming from it.

Zitao squeaks in fear. “T-There?”

Sehun nods and walks her towards the entrance. “Come on!”

Zitao whines but goes ahead of him. “If I don't scream, you have to buy me beef!”

“Sure, sure!” Sehun grins and follows her.

The first place they come to has two coffins and fake spiderwebs. “Don't push me, Sehun!” She whines, and that's when the first ghost jumps out. Zitao shrieks and jumps back, while Sehun yelps.

“Aish, don't be like that,” he says to the actor, who huffs and backs off.

“I'm going to die!” Zitao wails, but continues on. “Don't follow us!”

A little while later, they come to a room full of mannequins. One is in a dentist chair, looking like a skeleton. Zitao whines. “Ah, what if it gets up?” She trembles and pushes back against Sehun.

It doesn't, however, and they pass it. Walking down the hallway, Zitao is gasping for breath. “I see something ahead!”

Sehun snorts behind her. “It's okay, it's okay.”

Zitao is seriously about to cry when the windows next to them in the hall move and she jumps three feet in the air, wailing. She kicks at them, screaming. “Go away!”

Sehun laughs loudly behind her as he watches her. “Wah, this is so cool!”

Zitao kicks at Sehun and continues to whine as they go down the hall. They enter a section full of file cabinets and she hesitantly goes around the corner. She has a bad feeling.

A man jumps out and she shrieks, waving her arms about and runs the other way, right into Sehun. “Please! Please!”

Sehun laughs again as he curls an arm around her waist. “It's okay!”

The next part has a large clump of something hanging from the ceiling. Zitao tries to rush past it but a hand grabs her ankle. She lets out a screech and leaps into the air, Sehun continuing to cackle behind her.

The last part of the haunted house is a long corridor. Zitao walks forward slowly, Sehun trailing behind her.

Suddenly, halfway down the hall, a big, bulky man jumps out and chases them down the hall.

Zitao screams the whole way, looking desperately for the exit, only to run into another person. She crashes to the ground, panting and wailing.

Sehun comes up behind her, hoisting her to her feet, and leads her out.

When she sees the bright sun outside, she relaxes slightly. Turning on Sehun, Zitao hits his chest. “That was horrible!” She whines, tears still evident in her eyes.

Sehun laughs and pulls her in for a hug, nuzzling into her neck. “I'm sorry.”

Zitao hugs him tighter.

“But I'm totally not buying you beef.”

 

When Zitao walks in the front door of the house, it's surprisingly silent. “Hello?” she calls out hesitantly.

“In here,” is the reply and she heads to the parlor. All of the girls wait for her.

“Hello, Zitao,” Junmyeon says, smiling, but it's not warm. “Have a nice date?”

Zitao gulps and nods stiffly. She feels frozen.

“It was my mistake not to do so earlier, but I think that it's time to tell you why we don't involve ourselves with Kappa Pi Beta boys.”