seven

INVISIBLE US.

NARRATOR POV

Morning sunlight shone brightly from the window, making Jihyeon flinched a bit. The girl wriggled slowly, stretched her body lazily. Today, she didn’t have to go to BIGHIT as the concert ended yesterday and they got one day off. Lucky for her too, her lecturer cancelled the class because she had some personal matter.

The comforter that wrapped around her body was pulled up to cover her head. She was planning to get some more sleep because her body was too tired and she went to bed late last night.

Wondering what had she done last night. Maybe crying…

She still couldn’t let go of Jungkook. Every night when she went to bed, she could not help but to put on play the song Jungkook had sang to her before. She could not help thinking the memories with him. His smile will eventually came to her mind, his jokes, his laugh, his everything.

Sometimes, she felt sorry for Taehyung. She still could not fathom, clarify what was her real feeling towards that guy. She hid her feelings so that Taehyung won’t get hurt. It’s okay if she was the one went through all the hard things, but please not Taehyung.

The vibration from her handphone made her groaned. What’s more? She thought no one would disturb her this morning as Taehyung would come over to her house this evening.

“hello..?” with a drowsy voice, she picked up the phone without looking at the caller. A chuckle was heard from the other side. “hey Jihyeon, whatcha doing? Just woke up ey?”

She furrowed her eyebrows to that voice. “wait, who are you…” she looked at the caller, ‘Taehyung oppa’. What the hell… Taehyung called her without any warning or whatsoever. She kicked the comforter and punched the pillow around her as she heard the loud laugh from the other side.

“oppa stop it…” she whined. She should be thankful as he just called, not coming over to her house. If not, she must have sank herself in the ocean because of embarrassment.

Taehyung couldn’t stop laughing because Jihyeon was too cute to handle. He knew that she must be sleeping but didn’t expect this reaction from her. She’s so cute.

“okay okay so what are you doing right now?”  he sat on the sofa while waiting for Jin to prepare some breakfast for them. Most of them still sleeping, he woke up early because he’s going to Jihyeon’s house.

“I’m just woke up…” the girl shoved her hair to the back. Her eyes glanced at the digital clock on the her study table, 8.00 am. “why oppa?”

“nothing, just wanna hear your voice.. anyway, I’m coming to your house after this ok?”

“what?- wait, didn’t you said yesterday that you’ll come in the evening?’ she already felt nervous. Her house was a bit messy because she didn’t have the time to clean it yet.

“hahaha I’m bored, nothing to do so I plan to go to your house. Can I?” he whined. How can Jihyeon resist to Taehyung?

“okay, do you wanna eat breakfast here?”

“nope, Jin hyung cooked us the breakfast already. Just prettily prepare for me” the girl smiled and they cut off the call. She climbed down the bed and went to the toilet to wash her face and her hair. She put on glasses to cover her quite bloated face.

Bangtan Boys’s house is just a block away from her so Taehyung will be at her house in just 10-15 minutes only. She quickly cleaned the mess and sprayed air freshener. After all, it’s Taehyung. He’s her boyfriend.

While she was cooking breakfast for her, the doorbell rang. She slightly ran to the door and Taehyung was smiling widely when she opened the door. He opened his arms to hug her, but Jihyeon pushed him away.

“I don’t shower yet” he giggled and hugged her anyway. “it’s okay, but your hair smells nice” he sniffed her hair. “it’s because I just washed my hair, oppa.”

He went inside and put his coat on the sofa. “what are you cooking?”

“just pancakes. Want to eat some?” Taehyung nodded before some romantic music from the speaker. Jihyeon smiled because she knew that Taehyung really loves this kind of music.

Suddenly, a sturdy hands slithered around her waist, his chin rested calmly on her right shoulder. She glimpsed at him, and patted his cheeks gently. But then, she felt hot breath from him on her neck.

She turned to face him, “you have a fever?” she placed her right hand on the boy’s forehead. Hot. “ah it’s nothing, just a slight fever…” he put down her hand and smiled weakly.

“don’t lie, you’re sweating oppa.” She turned off the stove and dragged him to the living room. Then, she took some cooling pad from the her room and pills. “you have eaten right? Eat this pill and rest.”

“but I want—“

“oppa, please… you look exhausted. The others must be having fever too right?”

“Jungkook’s the worst” she flinched a bit by hearing that name. Taehyung quietly examined her expression, but only a cold face with quick hands unwrapping the cooling pad. “sleep in my room then”

She took him by the hand and brought him to her room. That was the first time he entered her room. Simple but looked comfortable enough for a girl like her.

“sleep okay?” she requested when Taehyung put his head on the pillow. “but, sleep with me?” she kept quiet and sighed. “okay.”

The comforted was pulled up to cover both of them. Taehyung lifted up Jihyeon’s head and they shared the same pillow. His hand hugged her by the waist, the other was playing with her hair.

“how can you catch a cold… I’m worried now” Jihyeon caressed his cheeks. She’s really worried about Taehyung. He could easily caught a cold and now, he even looked worse. His lips were pale and he’s sweating too much.

Go to hell Jungkook.

And both of them fell asleep together.

JIHYEON POV

“we are lucky to have Jihyeon here” J-hope patted my head, ruffled my hair that was already a messy. “if not, who will cook for us then?”

“you guys must treat me some expensive meat after this” I put all the food on the table. Taehyung asked me to walk him back to his house, so I did and ended up cooking their dinner.

“Jihyeon loves me okay. See? She cooked kimchi stew, my favourite” Jimin wrapped his right hand around my shoulder before took a sit.

“it’s not only your favourite, it’s mine too” Yoongi shoot back. All of them sat at the table and started digging the food. But…

“where’s Jungkook?” I asked them. Like seriously, even if he had problem with me, he shouldn’t act like this. “he’s sleeping. He said that he was drained and can’t even lift a finger” Namjoon oppa answered.

Was his fever that bad? I knew that he has the weakest antibody among seven of them, but this time was too much. My eyes roamed around the table and just watched them eating, but then…

“go and feed him Jihyeon” Taehyung’s voice startled me. He didn’t even look at me, making me felt guilty. The others still eating, didn’t interrupt out conversation.

“his fever is the worst among all of us. Can you just go and take a look on him?”

I could feel Jin staring at me quietly, then reassured me to go and help Jungkook. With a heavy heart, I prepared them food for him and took the medicines.

I could see Taehyung eyes, giving me some strength.

*****

I entered the room slowly. The only light was the table lamp, and I could see Jungkook covered in blanket. His breath was heard, signalling that his fever was getting worse.

I put down the chicken porridge for him on the table, and slowly sat down on the edge of the bed, next to him. Realizing that there was someone beside him, he flinched and opened his eyes a little bit.

“what are you doing here…” his weak voice shattered my heart. I knew him very well, his voice was weaker than other times he had fever before. Were you suffered this much? Why don’t you tell me? My heart broke to see you like this.

Those words only lingered in my mind.

“your hyungs asked me to feed you some food- since you didn’t eat yet” I patted his shoulder a bit, “wake up”

I helped him to lean against the bed, and I put the tray on his lap. He stared at me, making me uncomfortable, “eat,”

“I can’t lift up my fingers, so please help me” I sighed and started to feed him the porridge. His eyes won’t let go of me, I couldn’t do anything so I ignored him.

“don’t you miss me?”

“Jungkook”

“I am like this because of you, don’t you know?”

“please Jung…”

“come back with me and leave Taehyung”

I stared at him in disbelief before Taehyung went inside.

“I really cannot bear to see you like this, Jungkook.”


so here it is the next chapter^^ so sorry because this chapter was published a bit late, because my condition is not that well this week ><

happy reading, lovelies!