six

INVISIBLE US.

JIHYEON POV

 “Ah yes… He just went to the backstage to prepare. Their concert will start in fifteen minutes.” I told the girl slowly. I didn’t know why but I felt disheartened. If this was the girl he’s been hoping for, I absolutely couldn’t beat her.

She is so pretty and gorgeous by just wearing simple and casual attire, no wonder Jungkook likes her. She’s just wearing a baggy sweater with denim short and a snapback. Maybe BIGHIT already knew about their relationship, seeing that her coming here leisurely.

She was the only one who didn’t know the real story. Fool Jihyeon. But, what’s with Jungkook’s words the other day? That he thought that the girl was the one, but he was wrong?

Is he lying to me?

“can you show me the backstage?” her voice snapped out all my thoughts. I nodded hesitantly and lead her the way to the backstage. “by the way, are you one of the staff?”

I smiled and nodded, “I am one the stylist here.”

“but you seem so young and…”

“I’m still studying, I work as a part-time worker here.” I answered everything she asked. Should I ask her something then since she asked me so many things? “so, you’re one of Jungkook’s friends?”

She nodded and chuckled, “he’s my schoolmates” Jungkook just finished his schoolyear last year. He was a bit behind because he was busy with the schedule. “so you’re the same age as Jungkook?” she nodded, “and you?”

“me too.”

We arrived at the backstage when the staff were busy attaching the mike to them. I saw Taehyung at one side and he looked shocked to see me there. I moved to where Jungkook sat, “there’s someone looking for you” he stood up so close to me but I didn’t have the courage to look at his face so I just looked down.

I pointed to where Yerin was, and I heard that he sighed. When I wanted to walk away, he grabbed my hand so fast and made me stick to his body in a blink of eye. His hands locked around my waist. I was so startled that I started to punch his chest few times, “yah! Let go of me!!”

What if any of the staff saw us? What if the members saw us? What if Taehyung saw this? He would be so upset and sad. I struggled and pushed him so that I can free myself.

“you cannot think weird of my relationship with Yerin, do you understand?”

What the heck? I furrowed my eyebrow after listening to his request. Why  would I do that? Why would I think of something between them? Why would I care about them?

“I don’t care about whatever relationship you have” I pushed him, “so let go of me Jungkook!”

“I can see it through your eyes; that you concern about me” I widened my eyes because of the disbelief. I shook off my head and he let go of me while smirking. I quickly ran to where Taehyung was, together with the others.

Sitting next to him make me sighed in relief. I was a bit taken aback when he patted my head. “why, what’s wrong?” I shook off my head telling him there’s nothing happened. He smiled and hugged me before he went up on the stage.

“do the best. I’ll be waiting for you.”

******

The concert ended and the boys were changing their outfit. Yerin was still there when I was removing Taehyung’s make up. Waiting for Jungkook maybe. She just smiled to me when our eyes matched.

“okay, you’re done.” I patted his cheek and he opened his eyes; dozing off. “you look so sleepy. Go home and sleep okay?” I don’t want him to spend time with me because he looked way beyond than exhaustion. “you should sleep, understand?”

He giggled at my warning and stood up wrapping his arm around my waist when I was cleaning the make-up thingy. “Kim Taehyung…” he kept on doing that for more than ten minutes. “can you sleep with me tonight?”

“I’ll just see you tomorrow baby” he giggled so loud when he heard that I called him ‘baby’. “you need to rest and stop thinking about me tonight. Okay?” he collided his nose with me and we’re giggling to each other.

“yes yes enough with the love, let’s go home. We’ll see you tomorrow then Jihyeon.” Jin oppa dragged Taehyung away from me and he pouted in frustration. “can you at least give me some time to kiss her goodnight?”

I laughed at him and Jin oppa rolled his eyes. “faster, the others are waiting though” he went back to the parking lot. Jin oppa must be tired of waiting the others because he’s the one that finished earlier.

“okay make it faster, everyone is waiting for you”

He laughed then hugged me tightly, “I’m sorry that I couldn’t make it today. I promise you that I will be with you tomorrow okay. Since we don’t have anything to do tomorrow, let’s go for a date then.”

I hugged him back, clasping both of my hands at his waist, “despite of going on a date, why don’t we just have some time together at my house? I’ll cook for you…”

He pulled away a little and looked down at me, “oh that’s a good idea!”

 

NARRATOR POV

Jihyeon walked alone to the bus stop with both of her hands in the pocket of her jacket. Her hair was in a messy bun since she didn’t have the time to organize it after the concert ended. She just literally cleaned everything and she herself was in a mess.

The concert went well and Yerin was there until the concert ended. Jungkook didn’t seem like favored her to be there. He didn’t greet her well when the concert ended, but straight away went to the make-up room.

What’s wrong with the two of them really?

She sat on the bench while waiting for the bus. Even though she’s wearing a high cut converse shoes, the coldness still could come into her feet. She wriggled her feet and toes so that it wouldn’t be frozen. As she looked up, a familiar figure was standing across her, staring at her.

He’s in his black hoodie and a snapback was covering his face. There’s few people at this kind of time, so maybe it was comfortable for him to go out. Jihyeon gulped as she saw that Jungkook was waling towards her.

And now he was in front of her, battling some gaze with that girl.

Jihyeon could never warmly looked at him. She always feel awkward and strange after all those hurting episodes between them. Jungkook wanted to greet her with smile, but his lips frozed at the moment he matched her eyes.

When would we be possible to stand in front of each other, smiling as if nothing’s wrong?

And that’s when the bus came, opening the door for the people. And Jihyeon walked passed Jungkook as if he wasn’t there, climbed up the bus stair, sat at the back, and put on her earphones.

Crying silently at the sight of Jungkook’s back.


Thank you so much to Atyaf12 for upvoting my story!! And lots of love to those who subscribe this story, I am very grateful! I will try harder to give you guys a more great storyline and interesting. Anyway, I really love reading comments from everyone of you, so don't be shy to left some comments below okay!

Right now, I am on holiday so I can update the story frequently. But actually this story, is full of emotion and sad feelings. It may be a little bit depressing but yeah, that's how it goes everytime I typed something for this story. It also maybe hurt for Taehyung because Jihyeon still love Jungkook; and who will she choose in the end of the day?

Stay tuned for more updates! I love you guys><