five

INVISIBLE US.

JIHYEON POV

Everyone was busy at that time. Many staff running here and there; preparing for the concert that was just less than one hour now. I was touching up Taehyung’s face for the last time before he went to the waiting room.

“wish me luck.” I thought he was sleeping. I sheepishly smiled, “good luck, fighting!” After putting eyeliner to his eyes, he fell asleep and I covered his body with a thick blanket. He should take some break before the concert started.

“Jihyeon-ah!” I turned back to see who’s calling for me, “yes Sujin unnie! Why?”

“please help me with Jungkook’s outfit. I need to go somewhere else. You were done right with Taehyung’s make-up?” I nodded. I don’t think much. It’s not that he didn’t know that I already Taehyung’s girlfriend.

By the way, it looked like an urgency so I just agreed to her request. I moved to the room where all their outfits were placed and saw Jungkook there, sitting on the sofa playing his phone, still wearing casual shirt and short.

“Jungkook-sshi.” I called him as I walked to all the clothes. “did Sujin unnie told you about your outfit today?” without looking at him, I asked him coldly. I looked back at him as he didn’’t answer my question; noticing he’s standing behind me, so close to me.

Without second thought, I turned back facing to the clothes. My heart was racing, my palms were all sweaty. My mind went blank and I didn’t do nothing except just stood there like a statue. My feet felt restless and my spine were all were not working.

Slowly, I could feel his presence just behind me. His hot breath touched my neck, making me gulped in fear. Fear of my heart would melt again because of him.

His right hand gently held my right hand from the back. His fingers playing with mine slowly, his breath was clearly could be heard by me, “I miss you..” his nose touched my ear “ like crazily miss you..”

I bit my lips as I could feel the tears threatening to fall. Suffocating because the feeling of crying rose to the edge of my neck. I clenched my left fist tighly, I thought he wouldn’t notice it. But I was completely wrong. Hiis left hand moved to my left hand and loosen the tight fist.

“I was wrong.”

How could he do this again to me? I had moved on from, even though it just a little bit but at least I’m trying hard. And he shouldn’t come back to me again like this, begging as if the only problem he did was small as peanut.

“it was my fault.”

“yes it’s your fault.” I replied in a weak voice. “it’s your fault so please let me go alone this time” I wanted to live like a normal person again. I don’t want to cry anymore. I want to smile, smile for Taehyung.

“Jihyeon…”

“you’re the one who said that we’re done. We had nothing. You drew a clear line between us and I respected your decision. Don’t confuse me again.”

He turned me to face him slowly and I could see his eyes getting redder. Was he crying? But why? Why would he cry? “I was wrong, I thought that I could live without you because I wasn’t sure f my own feelings…”

“because of that girl right?”

He stopped and looked down. “I thought I can be happier with her rather than you… but I was wrong.” That words he uttered shattered my heart into pieces.  The tears finally fell but I didn’t make any sound. Just tears strolling freely onto my cheeks.

“you know, I cried over you every night? You know, I even took some sleeping pills so that I could sleep without you in my mind anymore? you know, I still have your pictures on my study table at my home? Yours, not Taehyung!”

His eyes looked at me, I didn’t know if that was love or just a spark of pity for me that was so pathetic. He stepped in front, closer to me. Closing all the gaps between us.

I couldn’t see into his eyes so I looked down. “my mind kept believing that I had gotten over you since I was dating Taehyung right now. But- but my heart denied it aggresively every time. My heart kept telling me that I still loved you. What the heck…”

I pinched my forehead, frustrating that I’d let everything out in front of him. his hands found his way around my waist and pulled into a hug. Somehow, I miss his hug more than I miss Taehyung’s hug.

I hugged him back while sobbing into his neck.

NARRATOR POV

And Taehyung went speechless upon seeing the scene in front of him. he didn’t know what to do so he went back to the waiting room. Alone.

******

Jihyeon walked to the waiting room and found Taehyung relaxing on the sofa alone. The others must be resting at another room. This room was for the make-up team actually. She smiled and went to sit beside him.

Taehyung realized that Jihyeon was touching his fringe, he took her hand and held it tightly.

He looked at her, “why was your eyes looked swollen?” he touched her cheeks. Jihyeon knew that he would be asking this question, “I just woke up—“

“don’t lie.”

“I hate someone who lies.”

Jihyeon was startled. She never watched him in this kind of mood. His eyes was serious and his voice was asking her honestly. “I saw you and Jungkook before at the wardrobe room.”

Jihyeon was so shocked, “you-you-you saw us?”

He easily nodded and let out a heavy sigh. “why did you never tell me before that, that you suffered that much?”

“I don’t want to trouble you.”

“you’re my life and my love. I knew you were suffered, I knew you were heartbroken. But you never tell me your problem. That was troubling me more than anything.”

He kissed Jihyeon’s head. “I knew that you haven’t move on from Jungkook. I know everything. but if you didn’t tell me, how can I help you? I don’t want to see you go through the hardships and pain alone, griefing alone at night. Call me and I will come to you anytime. Okay?”

Jihyeon nodded with a smile special for Taehyung. Taehyung stood up and  took Jihyeon by his hand. “let’s fight for the best for our relationship.” Jihyeon nodded and promised him the same thing.

He looked into Jihyeon eyes, mesmerized by how Jihyeon eyes could make him go crazy and couldn’t think straight. Taehyung slowly closing the gap between them and leaned gradually to kiss her. His hands wrapped around her waist and her hands were around his neck. His lips finally found his target, softly kissing Jihyeon soft and thin lips. Their lips moved in sync, as if they had kissed many times before, but the truth was the kiss was their first kiss.

Taehyung pulled Jihyeon closer to him, deepen the kiss between them. He won’t let go of her lips, although he knew that Jihyeon already out of breath. She pulled away gasping for air and smiled, “that was sweet and intense.” Taehyung rested his forehead on Jihyeon’s and lifted up  her chin for another kiss. But this time just as soft as if transferring all his feelings for her.

“yah yah stop stop! We’ve got to work right now!!!!!” Jimin came inside while covering his eyes. The members just laughed at his actions. Jihyeon smiled shyly and her cheeks blushed so hard. She hid her face into Taehyung’s neck, “what?? We’re a couple anyway! We’re allowed to kiss!!” Taehyung was backing up Jihyeon and Jimin widened his eyes.

“anyway, let’s go. We have fifteen minutes to go and we need to prepare at the backstage.” Namjoon called s. He went out first followed by the others and Jihyeon noticed that Jungkook still looking at her. So do Taehyung.

“wish me luck okay hun.”

Jihyeon hugged him, giving him the strength. He went out and left Jihyeon alone in the room. She was cleaning the room when someone came into the room after few knocks.

“yes, who are you looking for?”

“Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook. Is he here anyway?”

Jihyeon turned back and that girl from the other day was standing in front of her. The girl that kissed Jungkook in the rain.

“I’m Yerin. I am Jungkook’s friend.”