Idol Sports Athlethic Championship - part 2

The Switch Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeonghan chugs down a bottle of mineral water in a blink. Still panting, he grabbed another bottle but drinks it at a slower pace this time. Glancing at the winning team, his frowned his mouth slightly and turns to walk back to his team members.

"Congratz hyung! Youve worked hard!" Cheered his maknae excitedly when he arrives.

"Another silver medal gained thanks to our beloved angel-hyung! Mansae mansae mansae yeah!! Mansae mansae yeah~" his team members sang and dance to their debut song comically, of which they earned some laughs from the nearby idol groups.

Jeonghan plasters a smile at his group antics but only god knows what he currently feel in his heart.

I was off by 10 seconds today because i didnt manage to overtake the red team in the first lap.

I should have worn a different shoe today. This one is a bit slippery on the soles so my shoes cant grip the floor properly.

And this bruise that punk gave me is defi-

He snapped out of his thoughts when he felt a hand rubbing his hair a bit too roughly.

"Jisoo." He mumbled. "Not the hair please." Jeonghan then proceed to flick his hair dramatically.

"Youre doing it again" Jisoo said, plopping himself beside Jeonghan on the floor.

"Doing what? I dont get you" Jeoghan replied while running his hands inside his hair, looking for split ends.

"Oh you know exactly what I mean." Jisoo raised an eyebrow at him before continuing. "A series of what-ifs wont change anything, you know. Its better to accept things as it is rather than stressing yourself out about things you dont have any control of."

Jeonghan sighed. "Sometimes, it feels like youre an old man stuck in a kids body. Harabuji, thank you for your advice but can you please go back? Please pity our halmoni who is patiently waiting for you~" he cracked a smile while playfully knocking his hand on Jisoo's head.

"Hey!" Jisoo playfully slap his hands away. "Not the hair!" He mocked the way Jeonghan said earlier and pretended to whip his non-existent short hair. They banter with each other some more before the MCs voice was heard from the speakers.

"And now, the event that we all have been waiting for!! Its female wrestling championship!!!"

Oh? Jeoghan noted the female idols aligned around the stage. The punk joined this event too?

"Hey guys! Who do you wanna bet will win this thing?" Mingyu asked, his eyes sparkling brightly.

"Why do you ask?" Curious, The8 asked back.

The tall kid grinned." I bet on the restayrant ahjumma braised-grilled beef that Apink will win this!"

DK laughed out loud. "I knew it! Okay than, ill bet on ahjusshi's spicy honey chicken wings that Twice will win."

"Twice girls are too skinny, they dont stand a chance."

"But Apinks not that strong either, they look pretty dainty if you ask me."

"Seungcheol?" Wonwoo asked, hoping that the leader will say something about these kids betting at their age.

Seungcheol rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Beef does sound nice."

Wonwoo facepalmed himself and the others cheered." Okay, so whos on team Apink raise your hands!" Mingyu asked and 5 other members raised up their hands.

"Team Twice please raise your butts in the air!" DK shouted which earned him a WTF face from the rest of the team and he meekly said in return to raise their hands instead.

"Jeonghannie, which team are you betting on?" Seunghcheol nudged him with his elbow.

"Twice." He answered shortly, eyes still focusing on the short-haired girl who is having a hard time to manage her balance while practicing with her team members.

"Ooohhhhhh. Look at him staring" 

"Looks like someone is in love~"

The other members about the girls but he pays no mind towards their teasing.

Honestly, he is a bit worried about the punk's posture as it looked really bad and her legs are giving her away each time she tried to attack her members.

Last time she hooked me, her leg grip is quite strong. He recalls the night of the incident vividly. But from the looks of it, seems like her leg got injured or something.

Could it be- Jeonghan eyes went wide as saucers.

When he saw that 'thing' on Jungyeons head all he could ever think of in head was to 'RUUUNNNNNNN!!!.

And he did just that.

He ran.

Leaving Jungyeon alone with that hideous monster inside the cupboard.

Oh my god . He closed his mouth in shock.

I shouldnt just leave her like that. What if that thing attacked her?

And seeing her legs limping like that right now, Im guessing she already got bitten by the monsters.

Oh my god. Omo omo omo. Its all my fault. He thought, guilt written over his face.

"For the next contestant! Apink Eunji vs Twice Jungyeonn!!"

He trails his eyes to Jungyeon, who is walking carefully in order to not show the world that she is hurting and limping.

If only I can make it up to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter