A crack on the eggshell

The Switch Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Color me surprise, but everything just strangely went back to how it was before..

After they successfully found Jeongyeon and their leader few months back, everything just went blur really fast.

Both of them receive quick treatments for minor injuries at a nearby medical center and before they even know it, Seventeen members were shipped back to Korea.

He didnt even had time to check on her condition, let alone say a proper goodbye. Not only to her but also her Twice members.

For some odd reason, their combined reality show stint was cancelled immediately and what their manager said leave the members dumbfounded.

“It’s a direct order from the upper management. That’s all I could say to you.”

Not only were their resources and energy wasted without any valid reason, it seems that security has been tighter than ever. He cant even go to a toilet to pee without a guard following him around.

But the good news is, he’s been living his life freely after they stopped switching bodies a while back. Now he could definitely focus more on Seventeen’s comeback preparations.

He didn’t have to pretend to be a member of one of South Korea’s famous girl group and memorizing their choreographies on top of his own.

He could wear more male clothing instead of wearing those super skinny tight shirts and sky high heels on stage.

Not to mention the period cramps. Oh God No. Never again.

And he could wake up peacefully knowing that its s who are sleeping beside him and not that hot-blonde-jokbal-freak-of-a-roommate of Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon.

Yoo Jeongyeon.

That damn girl.

She didn’t even reply his dozens of calls and text messages asking about her health and what shes up to at the moment.

Its like he lost all immediate contact to her ever since they he last saw her running into that forest.

Well, its not like he was desperate to contact her anyways, he scoffed.

He was merely being concerned of her wellbeing, as he was once and for an indefinite future, a part of her as well.

….

(snort)

Who am I kidding?

I miss that ugly coconut head and her stupid annoying nagging.

And those stupid faces she makes all the time.

And that goddamn stupid smile of hers.

Its really not fair.

Why am I the only one missing our moments together when she went MIA on me for months?

Who in the flying dutchman did she think she is to completely abandon ME like this??

“Who’s Jeong Cena?”

Mingyu showed up out of nowhere munching on a bag of chips.

They were in the middle of a photo-shoot for their new album cover and Jeonghan was patiently waiting in the lone hallway for his turn on styling his hair,which is after Mingyu.

“Huh? What did you say?” Jeonghan asked in confusion.

The kid his fingers clean before answering.

“That name on your phone screen. You keep twiddling as if you want to call the number but didn’t. So who’s Jeong Cena? Is he your friend? He sounds like a foreigner to me.”

Jeonghan checked his phone and its true, her numbers are on full display. He must have thought of calling her without conscience just now.

He slipped his phone into his front pocket before pinching the tall maknae’s cheeks.

“Its none of your concern, kid. And watch out for the crumbs or Stylist-nuna will kill you for ruining that shirt.”

Jeonghan said deadpan-ly before he went into the hair and makeup room, sitting in front of the hairdresser.

 “Ah its Jeonghannie at last!” The female middle aged hairstylist chirped happily.

“Your hair is my favorite out the boys because of how soft and silky it is! Even my hair couldn’t be that bouncy and Im a woman, Ha.Ha.Ha!!”

Jeonghan stares at her reflection in the mirror. What is she even implying, he thought to himself.

“Just between you and me, youre definitely way prettier than those female idols.” She whispered  silently.

“Even the Twice girls cant hold a candle against you! Especially that short haired one. She’s a butch, that’s for sur-“

“AHJUMMAA!!”

Before he even realized it, he had accidentally raised up his voice so much that everyone in the room stopped whatever they were doing just to look at him.

Be patient Han.  Youre an idol, your career depends solely on your image,  no matter how  much you want to bash this old hag for speaking about Jeongyeon  like that.

...

Only I  could say those things to her, no one else cant!

Jeonghan bites his lips to prevent him for spouting unnecessary harsh words to a woman old enough to be his mom.

After calming himself down, he stared at the hairstylist with a hardened expression, which ignites a subtle fear in the woman’s heart, as delicate and smooth talking Jeonghan rarely raise his voice like that to others, if ever.

Calmly, Jeonghan stated, “I have an idea on which hairstyle I definitely should try next”

 

++++

Inkigayo pre-recording, 2.15 am

Seventeen members split into two groups before riding the Company’s car to SBS Inkigayo for their first Boom Boom pre-recorded stage.

Seungcheol, Jeonghan, Joshua, Mingyu, Dino, The8 and Jun are in one car and the rest is in another.

While the young ones sans Dino (whose watching youtube videos on his phone) are sleeping soundly (since they need all the rest they could have before starting their Japanese promotions net week), Seungcheol was busy reviewing the schedule for the day  while Joshua was calmly reading an English novel behind him.

Jeonghan was silently watching the dim street lights on the highway, unable to fall back asleep.

He was lost deep in his thoughts before a sudden name snapped him out of his reverie.

“Oh,I  didn’t know Jeongyeon nuna is the MC for inkigayo!”

Dino voice out excitedly while showing his hyungs a clip of her as an MC.

“It seems Nuna changed her hair. It looked very pretty”

Joshua smiled knowingly at the maknae beside him.

“Why are you so excited about? I didn’t know you like girl groups that much”

“Eeeiii… what do you mean hyung?  At our age, girl groups are life! Isnt that right, Seungcheol hyungg?” Dino coooed knowingly.

Seungcheol glanced at the maknae before chuckling softly.

“I don’t understand why you have to drag me into your conversation. Adults like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter