Nacheols back story

The Switch Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was ten when he first met her.

She was visiting her grandparents house not far from his own and from the very first time he laid his eyes on her, he fell in love.

Literally.

He was so awestruck by how pretty she looked that he didnt realise where he was going and consequently manuever his bike down into the huge drain beside him.

Howeve, his bleeding knees still didnt manage to stop him from enjoying her melodious and beautiful laughter at his clumsy act from a distance.

And so, like a true daegu gentleman,  he confessed his undying love to her the very next morning. 

Since this is his first ever confession to a girl, he wanted it to be perfect. He even brought her flowers and candy as presents, following the advice of a romantic shoujo manga he borrowed from his little sister(without her knowing of course).

"Youre kidding me, right?", came her short reply before the door slammed into his face. 

Maybe the wild pink flower picked from the side of the road and a sweet redbean jelly bar was not a good enough presents as he had hoped.

And the fact that she totally disregard his handsome face caught him off guard too but he never accept rejection as failure.

**

"Wait a minute. Where have i heard that quote before?" Jungyeon raised her eyebrows at him.

"Shhh... do you want to listen to this story or not?!" Sungcheol pouted.

"Fine......continue"

**

He was eleven when he confessed to her the second time.

Taking lesson from last year experience, he finally saved some of his pocket money everyday to buy her a rose and a branded chocolate bar before confessing.

He waited dutifuly for almost a year for her to visit her grandparents house during the winter.

"I remember that i rejected you last year. Why do you still like me?"

She asked, confused.

"Should i have a reason? I just like you." 

Like a man, he confessed. 

"Then, what if i reject you again this year?"

She asked, testing his reaction.

He was taken aback by her question, of course.

"Well.....then should i stick with roses or would you like other types of flowers next year? Honestly, roses are quite hard to find during the winter but your mom told me its your favorite."

More like he sneakily eavesdropped her parents conservation with the cashier at the grocery store on where to find red roses as its their daughters favorite flower while he is on his way back home from soccer....but its better to just omit that information.

"...........Im sorry Sungcheol-sshi. I already have a boyfriend."

She hesitated before replying. Her hands were playing with the hem of her skirt, leaving his extended arms holding the presents hanging.

He blinked profusely, holding back his tears from falling before the girl.

".......Oh well. See you next year then!"

He shoved the presents into her hand before running back to his home, crying his eyes out.

**

"Youre quite the crybaby huh," Jungyeon remarked offhandedly.

"I was eleven!" Sungcheol said in disdain.

"And can you pleeeeease listen without interrupting?"

"Sorry."

**

He was twelve when she confessed to him.

"I like you Seungcheol."

Her blushing pink cheeks greets him at the door that fateful Christmas morning.

In her hands are some wild pink flower wrapped neatly in the morning newspaper and a box of sweet redbean jelly.

"Do you.....still like me?"

No reply was ever needed as he immediately enveloped her tiny body into his.

"Are you kidding me?!" He mumbled into her ears sweetly.

"Wheres my roses? I need three of them for all the years you make me wait for you," he pouted cutely.

"Like you said before, its hard to find them during this season. Even my mother cant find them even though i begged her for it." She answered, feeling guilty.

He wandered his eyes upwards before a smile creeped on his handsome face.

"Never mind."

"I've got something better than roses."

 

He was twelve when they shared their first kiss, under the mistletoe on that fateful Christmas day.

**

"Arrrgghhh!!! This is too cheesy but its so so so cuuuutee!!" Jungyeon squealed while curling her fingers.

"Its like a rom-com movie. Are you sure youre telling me the truth?!" 

Sungcheol smirked at her reactions. Her boyish appearance certainly didnt match her actual personality....just like a certain someone he knew.

"Well, to be honest, i was a bit of a romanticist during my younger days. Girls floked me day and night but i only have eyes for one" He bragged, while running his hands through his hair.

"Dont ruin it, dude" She sneered at him without realizing.

"Then, what happened?"

**

They started dating eventually. Even though she lives in Seoul and him in Daegu, their relationship went well with late night phone calls and video messages of what they are doing, to keep them from missing each other.

Their families knew of their relationship of course, his family being the witnesses on their actions at the front door of his house (mind you, he got a lot of scolding from his parents for showing an indecent behavior in front of his little sister but they were happy for him nevertheless as it is well known that he suffered a crush on her for three whole years).

Meanwhile, they declared their relationship to her family soon after, which was also well accepted by her parents.

His first relationship.

His first girlfriend.

She was definitely his first in almost everything.(a/n: purely innocent things. dont be thinking of naughty stuff kids)

She's the first girl he showed his choding dance skills to. Not even his parents knew of his ambition to become a singer. When he was done, she just laughed at him, saying he needs to practice more to be the likes of Rain or even TVXQ at stage.

Even though its not the reaction he expected of her, he meekly agreed.

She's also the first girl he serenaded through a phone call on her birthday. He spent weeks to come up with an original beat and lyrics as a birthday present and he happily sing it to her, accompanied with the melodious string of his guitar. She was livid of course, but they couldnt talk for long as she was tired from school and 'other things' that she ommitted from saying.

He didnt mind, he was just glad that he could deliver his gift to her that night. However, he couldnt lie that he didnt slept a wink thinking of the things that could make her girlfriend so busy and tired, that she couldnt spend more than 10 minutes on a phone call with his boyfriend.

As years pass by their phone calls kept getting lesser and lesser and she rarely send him video messages like she used to any longer.

Its up to a point that he begins to doubt whether he still exists in his girlfriend's mind, or whether both of them is still in a relationship.

An evil thought soon clouded his head, thinking that she found another man at her place, but he shakes his head at that possibility.

There is no way that she will betray him like that. She knows that he likes her very very much and she is the same to him, or so he hoped.

She was the first girl who made his heart beat like it ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter