Got a secret can you keep it

The Switch Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Someone has been using this track before, take a look at the leftover boot prints. I think its best if we just follow the track and see where it'll lead us."

Seungcheol said as he scrapped the grounds with a long stick he found nearby.

Jungyeon nodded as both of them traded carefully along the path, praying that they could get out from the jungle as fast as they can.

Seungcheol wanders his eyes around, being wary of any wild animals that may come and attack them for trespassing their territory.

He kept looking back as he sees Jungyeon is gradually walking at a slower pace than he is. He could see that they are nearly reaching an open place within meters away but the path is slowly becoming more dangerous as the trees and branches are becoming kore compact and the thorns might hurt them if they are not careful.

"Jungyeon-sshi." He voiced out which startled the short-haired girl a bit.

"If you wouldnt mind, i think it is better if i hold your hand from now on, because the path is getting quite dangerous."

"Oh, okay." Jungyeon exclaimed after she reached him and offered her right hand.

Cold. He noted, glancing at her slightly. Her body is quivering as she divert her eyes frantically to where she heard a strange noise coming from behind them.

"Jeongyeon-sshi, dont worry. As long as youre with me, you will be safe. I promise,"Seungcheol said as he strengthens his grip of her hand in assurance.

She bit her lips as she nodded briefly.

"I understand......Lets go."

After a while, both of them manage to escape the bushes and trees and what they stumbled upon is a clear barren land with a lone wooden house less than a kilometer from where they are standing.

"Seungcheol-sshi, thats a house right? Im not imagining it right?" She asked in excitement and relief, partly for escaping the forest and partly for being able to finally reach someone for help.

"No, youre right. Lets go! "

Both of them ran as fast as they could towards the house but to their disappointment, its not actually what it looks like.

The house, in reality is just a wooden lodge with a rusty zinc on top, which still looks sturdy even though it has not been used for years. 

"Well, at least we have a roof on top of our heads for now." Seungcheol said, trying to remain positive.

Jungyeon huffed in annoyance at the thick layer of sand covering the wooden floor, so she picked a couple of dried branches and leaves nearby the area and dusted off the wooden lodge until it was clean enough to be sat on. 

After she was done, she quickly lay her body on lodge and sighed in satisfaction.

"My body is aching since this morning and its a joy to be able to rest for a while after all that has happened today."

She yawns, before finally realizing that Seungcheol has been standing there, looking at her without blinking.

"What are you doing standing there?" She frowns while patting the wood next to her. "This place is big enough for both of us." She grinned.

Seungcheol blushed while coughing inwardly. This girl. Is she that comfortable with him that she could offer him to sit next to her without a second thought.

"Okay then. Please excuse me, " he muttered as he sat next to her, leaving a foot of space between him and her lying body.

He glanced up at the sky to see dark clouds coming their way.

"It looks like its going to rain soon," he mumbled. "Unless they are able to find us by tonight, we are more or less stuck here until tomorrow morning."

"Hmmm." Came her short reply, looking thoughful as she looked at the dark skies.

Silence engulfed them as both are focusing on their own thoughts. Soon enough,the rain fell down.

After what it seems like forever, Jungyeon, without warning sat up straight beside the leader who is startled by her sudden behaviour.

"Seungcheol-sshi." She said, without glancing at him. 

"I just wanted to say thank you... for saving me back then. If it werent for you ill be dead by now."

Her voice falters as she thought of all the possible ways she could have died in the forest had he not come and look for her.

Seuncheol looked at her thoughtfully before she faced him with her head bowed down, hands laid neatly on her knees.

"I owed you my life and i will be forever grateful to you. In the future, i you need anything that i could help you with, please dont be shy to ask me. I will try my best to repay you, " She said in determination.

Seungcheol lets her words sink into his head before he burst out into a huge laughter, louder than the sound of rain falling on top of the zinc roof. She looked up at him with confusion evident in her eyes.

He wiped his tears with his hands. "Jungyeon-sshi you dont need to go to that extent. You should thank me later when we are back safe and sound with the others. Though, i'll consider taking you up for the offer in the future."

He gave her a playful smirk before continued, "Is that what youve been thinking about so hard just now?"

Jungyeon pouts slightly. "Truthfully, it sounds a lot cooler in my head". She scratched her head before grinning cheekily.

Seungcheol blinked before muttering under his breath. "No wonder Jeonghan likes to tease you."

"Come again?" She swore she heard him say something although the sound of the rain does affect her hearing.

He smiles knowingly. "Nothing."

+ + + +

The clock strikes exactly 12 at midnight. The living room feels quiet and gloomy as the only people sitting there is some of the staff who are assigned to watch over the idols and some of the Seventeen members.

Dahyun went out of the girls room and walk towards the sofa where the boys are sitting.

"Are the rest okay?" Joshua asked.

Dahyun sighed. "Well, most of them have calmed down, sans

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter