Chapter Ninety-Nine: Cold Showers

Finding Love... Keeping Love

 

Gerald was true to his word.  When they woke up the next morning, it was already late morning.  They ordered room service once again and had brunch out on the deck enjoying their ocean view in the sunlight.  They then got ready and left Post Ranch Inn to go back to campus for their classes. They returned Friday night and stayed the rest of the weekend, taking advantage of the hiking trails, the spa and the beautiful landscape.  It was a relaxing weekend that they would never forget.

Hanging out at the infinity pool…

Gerald: Do you know what is sad about this weekend?

Kim: Sad? (looking at Gerald with curiosity)

Gerald:  We have been pampered this whole weekend, every need catered to. If we didn’t like what was on the menu, the chef created something to our liking.  Other guests have been kind of curious about the two of us because of how they have treated us.

Kim: But why sad? And plus, the other guests have probably been looking at us because we are younger than most who come here. This is not exactly the cheapest room to rent kind of place.

Gerald: It’s just sad because I had to pull out the Centerion AmEx card to pull weight. 

Kim: I didn’t even know about the – what did you call it? – The Black card.

Gerald: You have to be invited to have a Black Card. I’m sure once they found out I was an ‘Anderson’ of Andersons International, they began their extreme pampering service on us.  

Kim: True.  I was pissed when we first checked in.  We are not that stupid that we don’t know that we were not checking into Motel 6.

Gerald: I was just thinking about our hotels and resorts.

Kim: What were you thinking about?

Gerald: I’m going to call dad and tell him about our experience and probably Jeremy too. I just don’t want any of our clients judged that way from the moment they hit our front door. They can be in rags, and I want them treated as if they are kings the moment they step into our lobby.

Kim: I know that certain guests are catered to differently once they check-in but I do know that customer service and first impressions are important in maintaining the reputation that Anderson Hotels have.

Gerald: See. You get what I am saying.

Kim: I learned something during my summer with Andersons.

Gerald: What do you want to do next summer?

Kim: New York again?

Gerald: We can. Do you want to learn other parts of the business? Dad always used to make us work in different departments.  One summer, he made us work as the housekeepers.  That but I also learned the importance of their jobs to our business. I think out of all the departments, the housekeeping departments in all our hotels are run with such precision, it’s actually amazing to understand. We can always go out of country or stay local.

Kim: You know… If we stay here, I can go to summer school and work for Andersons. Maybe we can graduate the same time.

Gerald: I don’t want you to do that.  You would have a rough summer as oppose to a relaxing one. Let’s live life to the fullest because it’s not every summer that we treat as a vacation. Once we graduate, we join the masses of this thing called the ‘work force’.  Plus, we’ll walk together anyways, since I have to wait until June to go through ceremonies since they don’t do it mid year. Once we graduate, we join the masses of this thing called the ‘work force’.

Kim: (laughing) True!

Gerald: Babe… we have our whole life together ahead of us.  Unless you have plans of breaking up with me… which I would never let you do, we have a lifetime and don’t need to rush things.

Kim: (swims closer to Gerald and hugs him from behind) I love you.  You’re a sweetie.  I don’t think you were a sweetie before.

Gerald: I think I needed the right woman to make a sweetie.  It’s sickening, isn’t it?

Kim: No. It’s…. Sweet! (laughing)

Gerald: I don’t know if I like being called sweet.  But I do now get why Mel and Matt call each other ‘sweetie’. (laughing)

Kim: I know. And I couldn’t understand why Tanya and Jon call each other ‘B’.  Do you know that the first time I heard them call each other ‘B’, I thought they were calling each other names? You know like when girls say ‘That girl is such a ‘B’.  I was shocked. (laughing)

Gerald: Me too!!! (laughing)

Kim: Now I know it’s a shorten version of babe.  We’re normal right?

Gerald: I think ‘babe’ is normal.  It’s more common.  And I also call you my baby.

Kim: I am your baby. See you are sweet. Do you know what’s coming up?

Gerald: Humph. What?

Kim: Typical male.

Gerald: What?!

Kim: Never mind.

Gerald: (chuckling to himself, grabs Kim’s arms and tightens them around him) Our anniversary is coming up.  How do you want to celebrate?

Kim: It seems that we are already celebrating here.  I just want to be with you.  Why don’t we just stay home and I’ll cook dinner for us.

Gerald: You don’t want to go out or maybe go away for a long weekend. 

Kim: Nah… we are doing this already and our anniversary is… when?

Gerald: It’s in 2 weeks. You are trying to trick me or something.

Kim: (giggling into his back) Just checking…You are SWEET! SWEET! SWEET!

Gerald: Now you’re messing with me!

Gerald then twisted around in Kim’s arms and picked her up and threw her back into the pool.  Kim then retaliated by swimming towards Gerald and dunking his head underwater.  Gerald then swam after her and caught her leg and then did the same thing. Kim got him back when she swam under him and pulled his swim trunks down to his ankles.  Kim came up for air, laughing her head off and swam so fast to the edge of the pool and got out.

Gerald: You little brat!! I’m going to get you for that one!! (Gerald swam towards the edge of the pool and started chasing after her, heading back to their room)

Kim was screaming and laughing all the way back to their room.  Gerald finally caught up with her right when she got to their patio entrance.  He picked her up and brought her to the shower where he the cold water and shoved her in there. Kim was sputtering and squealing. Gerald was laughing. Kim then looked at Gerald and began to slowly strip her bikini off, still covering herself as much as possible.  Gerald stopped laughing and slowly came close to Kim, joining her in the cold shower. Kim then shoved Gerald more into the cold shower and ran out of the bathroom, closing the door behind her. Gerald was left sputtering under the cold shower while Kim was laughing in the other room. This was the last time, Gerald and Kim went on a small vacation that school year before Spring Break.