Chapter Sixty-Nine: Exploring New York

Finding Love... Keeping Love

 

A few hours later, Gerald woke up and stretched his arms above his head. He felt so rested and in such a good mood.  He was going to take Kim around New York.  When he rolled onto his side, he realized that Kim was in bed with him.  She was asleep. Gerald was trying to think how Kim ended up in bed with him when he suddenly remembered everything that happened earlier this morning. Gerald thought to himself – Oh ! She’s going to kill me!! – smiling to himself. Gerald continued to watch Kim sleep and couldn’t resist pulling her closer to him and nuzzling her neck.  Though Kim was still asleep, she sighed and scooted closer to him. She slowly began to wake up.  She stretched her arms above her head and opened her eyes.  She looked at Gerald and smiled.  Then her memory kicked in…

 

Kim: (pushed Gerald away and sat up in bed) Gerald Randolph Anderson, Jr.!!! I can kill you right now!!!

 

Gerald: (smiling at her)  Good morning my love!  You seem grumpy this morning. Do you need to go back to sleep.

 

Kim: (hits him with a pillow) Grumpy my !  You are such a brat!! You have embarrassed me in front of your mom.  You were suppose to go back to sleep by yourself!  Yet, you picked me up and pinned me to the bed so that you could go to sleep.  You are such a brat!!

 

Gerald: (whining) You know I can’t sleep without you.  This is your fault.  We never should have started this.

 

Kim: You right we shouldn’t have. And now I’m ending it.  You sleep in your room and I’ll sleep in mine. You got that mister!! My fault! My fault! I could kill you right now.

 

Gerald: No I didn’t mean…

 

Kim: So this is my fault! I got you.  I’m leaving!! You are such a punk!

 

Kim gets off the bed.  Gerald was too fast for her though.  Gerald caught her right before she got to the door, picked her up and carried her back to bed. He got on top of her to trap her.

 

Gerald: It is not your fault baby… But it is your fault that I have fallen truly, madly, deeply in love with you that a moment without you is pure hell, even more so when I sleep.

 

Kim: Oh be quiet with your sweet words.  They are not going to work.

 

Gerald:  (smiling) I love it when you are mad. I hate to sleep because I don’t want to miss you which is probably why I can’t sleep when you are not next to me.  I don’t want to relive those 2 weeks when we were on the medical mission in the PI.  And you are telling me it is for the whole summer! I don’t think so. I missed you. I will miss you.  Did you not see how I looked when I woke up this morning?

 

Kim: You are such a spoiled brat!

 

Gerald: You’re right! I’m spoiled because I found you.

 

Kim: Oh shut up!  I can’t believe you! I’m so embarrassed.

 

Gerald: Don’t be baby.  Why are you worried?  We are going to get married once we both finish school.

 

Kim: That’s what you think…

 

Gerald: What do you mean that’s what I think?  We ARE going to get married once we both finish school. 

 

Kim: You haven’t asked me and even if you did, the answer is no.

 

Gerald: (pouting) You don’t love me anymore?

 

Kim: (sighs)  I love you.

 

Gerald: Then…

 

Kim: Then what?

 

Gerald: Oh screw this… let me convince you another way…

 

Gerald started to kiss Kim’s neck, which he knew was her weak spot.  He took both her hands above her head and pinned them there while he took his time kissing her. His other hand was caressing her. 

 

Kim: Damn I hate you!

 

Gerald: You love me.

 

Kim: I do love you.

 

Gerald: You’re not mad anymore.

 

Kim: I am mad.

 

Gerald: I guess I’m not doing my job right.

 

Gerald continues to kiss and caress Kim.

 

Kim: Okay, okay! I’m not mad.  I hate it that I can’t stay mad at you.

 

Gerald: Good because I love you. Though it’s cute when you get mad at me, I still don’t like it.

 

Kim: (giggling) You are still a spoiled brat!

 

Gerald: I know.  It’s only because I want you all the time. And I know you are mine. You have spoiled me.

 

Kim: I’m not mad anymore so can we get ready and explore New York?

 

Gerald: Can we play for a little bit before we go?

 

Kim: No.  Don’t push it Gerald.

 

Gerald immediately gets up.  He pulls Kim up off the bed and gives her a big hug. Kim started laughing and pushed Gerald to his bathroom. 

 

Kim: Go take a shower and come get me in my room. I’m going to freshen up since you messed me up.

 

Gerald: Can you come and scrub my back? (looking at Kim with puppy dog eyes)

 

Kim: You wish!! And like I said, don’t push it!

 

Kim leaves Gerald to go to her room and freshen up. After Gerald took a quick shower, he came and knocked on Kim’s bedroom door to get her.

 

Gerald: Are you ready to see New York?

 

Kim: Definitely.

 

Gerald and Kim left the house and decided to hail a taxi as oppose to having one of their drivers take them around town as part of the experience.  Kim never saw so many taxis in one place. Gerald first took Kim to the Statue of Liberty.  It was the first sign that many immigrants saw when they first came to America so this was where Gerald began his touristy tour of New York. He explained that New York City was divided into 5 boroughs: Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island and Brooklyn.  The part that the Andersons’ home was located was in Upper East Side Manhattan.  They visited Times Square, bought a hot dog from a street vendor, visited the Empire States Building and passed by Yankee Stadium. They even passed by the offices so Kim knew where it was located. Gerald called his parents to let them know that they were going to eat out for dinner and not to wait up for them.  Gerald took Kim to Little Italy for some authentic pizza.

 

Gerald: This is what I missed the most about New York!

 

Kim: Oh my gosh!  This is so good! (talking with full)

 

Gerald: Tell me about it.  Here try my meat galore pizza.

 

Kim: (takes a bite) Oh… that is beyond delicious! Here try my pepperoni pizza…

 

Gerald; (takes a bite)  Oh yea!  (gives Kim a kiss too) Now that was yummy.

 

Kim: (laughing) Thank you babe for today.  I had a great time today. 

 

Gerald: Anything for my lady!  I haven’t had this much fun around New York in such a long time.  We have many more places to see.  We will see more this week… I promise. 

 

Kim: I forgot to tell you that I have an interview with Andersons International tomorrow morning at 10am.  Do you mind kind of pointing me in the right direction so I don’t get lost?

 

Gerald: I’ll go with you and have the driver drop both of us off.  Though I’m not scheduled to start until next week, I don’t mind going in to check in and say hi to the staff there while you are at your interview.

 

Kim: That is fine but I don’t want people to see me coming out of your town car.  Okay?

 

Gerald: Okay.  Are you full or do you want me to order you another pizza? 

 

Kim: I don’t think I can eat another bite. 

 

Gerald: Let’s go.  Let’s get some gelato for dessert next door. I went ahead and called for the car because sometimes it is hard to get a taxi at this time of night.

 

As promised the town car was outside waiting for them.  They went and picked up some gelato for dessert and then headed back to the house and found the house pretty much asleep.  Kim went ahead to her bedroom while Gerald went to the second floor where his parents’ room was to let them know that they were back.  He then went upstairs to his room to change into his pajamas.  He then went to Kim’s bedroom and knocked on her door.  Kim was already in her bed.

 

Gerald: What are you doing?

 

Kim: I’m going to bed.  I’m tired.

 

Gerald: You are not going to make me sleep by myself are you?

 

Kim: Babe… I don’t want to disrespect your parents.  I told you.  Come on.  it up.

 

Gerald: Oh no you don’t. My mom pretty much gave her blessing this morning.

 

Kim: I still feel weird.

 

Gerald: Babe… I seriously cannot sleep without you.  I am going to be a disheveled mess this summer. Am I going to suffer?

 

Kim: You are such a spoiled brat!! (pats the bed next to her) Get in but be good.  No hanky panky.  Is that clear?

 

Gerald: Clear. (as he gets into bed and pulls Kim close to him) Good night my baby. 

 

Kim: Good night babe.  Thank you again for today.  I loved every minute of it.

 

Gerald: I did too baby… sweet dreams… about me…

 

Kim and Gerald both had a peaceful night’s sleep…