Chapter One Hundred Forty-Seven: The Morning Of

Finding Love... Keeping Love

 

The very next morning, Gerald woke up early feeling all excited. He knew it was too early to get ready but he was also too awake to go back to sleep. Matt, Jon, Fred, and Kevin were sprawled out throughout the suite.  They had stayed up laughing and talking and drinking toasts to Gerald. Gerald quietly got up and got dressed in work out clothes. He decided to head to the hotel gym to release some of his pent up energy. He left a note for the guys and headed downstairs.

Once Gerald got to the gym, he breathed a sigh of relief because no one was there and it was still quiet throughout the hotel. He jumped on the treadmill, slipped in his earphones to his iPod and then slowly warmed up into a jog. As he was jogging, sweat pouring down, he could not help but smile at all the wonderful memories that built up to this moment…

…walking into the first Filipino Meeting at UC Davis and seeing Kim for the first time. Her smile was the brightest light he had seen in his life.

… playing against her in a quick game of pick up.  He is rarely surprised and she surprised him that day. She almost beat him. That night was their first date. He never wanted it to end.

… dancing with her for the first time at Club Kure, moving to the beat. That night was the first time he kissed Kim.

… making clear what their relationship was in Santa Monica, sitting on the balcony with her in my arms. Kim finally said yes. She fell asleep in my arms that night, waking up to the sunrise.

… saying ‘I love you to each other for the first time’ the day after she said yes. My heart burst. She loved me.

… meeting her family. I was so nervous but I instantly fell in love with them.

… making love to her for the first time. Ironic. We were in the Philippines, the place of our birth and I felt like Superman reborn. She was my kryptonite.

…ignoring her for the first time due to my own jealousies and lack of trust. I almost lost her. The key word is almost. Today, she is mine forever.

…loving the look on her face when I asked her to marry me. I was so nervous, especially since I decided to ask her in front of everyone at the Filipino graduation ceremony. She said yes. My Kimmy said yes. And today it becomes official. Throughout all these years, loving her, she continues to love me. How did I get so lucky?

All of a sudden, all this commotion breaks Gerald from his thoughts as someone burst through the door.

Gerald: What the &#$*!!

Matt: (panting) Bro!

Jon: Gerald!!!

Fred: Man… we’ve been looking for you all over the hotel.

Gerald: (looking at them confused) Why?

Matt: Today’s your wedding day!

Gerald: I know that!! Why what’s going on? Is something wrong? The wedding is not for another 6 hours.

Jon: (looking at Gerald sheepishly) We thought…

Gerald: (realization setting in) You guys thought I went AWOL!!! Are you kidding?!!!

Fred: Man, we couldn’t find you when we all woke up.

Gerald: I left a note.

Matt: Sorry bro! We didn’t see you. We went straight into a panic.

Gerald: You guys know that I’ve known Kim was the girl for me for as long as I’ve known her. I’m more than ready for today. I came to gym because I woke up early excited and I didn’t know what to do. I was pumped so I came here. I love that girl more than my life. You guys are funny!!

Jon: We know that bro but it’s your wedding day. happens.

Gerald: (shaking his head) No trust in me. Geez and I thought you were my friends. (smiling to himself)

The guys all started talking at once, apologizing, blaming each other for thinking that way. Gerald just looked at them. It was like watch The Three Stooges on TV. It was pure comedy. Finally, the guys stopped arguing and looked at Gerald who was silent the whole time. They looked at one another and then busted up laughing.

Matt: Bro, man, we’re so sorry!

Gerald: You didn’t call any of the girls did you? I don’t want Kim thinking I was trying to escape today.

Jon: No. We went looking for you first. We’re not stupid.

Gerald: Are you sure? (laughing) You guys look like idiots running around this hotel in your boxers by the way.

All the guys look down and busted up laughing even more. They all then headed back up to their room to change into more appropriate attire. They decided to have brunch downstairs where Mr. Anderson and Mr. Chiu joined them.  They spent their time giving Gerald marriage advice and sort of roasting him at the same time. The guys had a great breakfast together. The guys headed back to their room to begin to get ready.

 

At the girls side…

Kim woke up with a huge smile on her face. As she lay in bed, stretching, she could not contain her excitement and decided to jump on the bed, giggling to herself. Mel, Tanya and Kim’s 2 sisters walked in looking at her with surprise. When Kim finally noticed them, she plopped back down on the bed and busted up laughing.

Kim: Good morning Ladies!!

Mel: Are you okay?

Kim: (laughing) I’m so excited guys!! I couldn’t be more happier for this day to arrive!!

Tanya: Sis, I was so happy to marry Jon but I don’t remember jumping on any bed. (laughing)

Ate Lakam: Kimmy!  (jumping on the bed) You’re getting married today!!!

Ate Twinkle: (singing) Going to the chapel and we’re gonna get ma-a-rried!!

Mel and Tanya joined in the jumping on the bed session, laughing and singing. They all suddenly heard a knock on the door and all froze. They all looked at each other and started laughing once again.

Mrs. Anderson: (walking in) Hi Everyone!! (laughing when she saw everyone on the bed standing, frozen) It must be a wonderful morning!

Kim: Mom!! Good morning! (gets off to the bed to give Gerald’s mom a kiss and a huge hug) We were just celebrating today. (smiling)

Mrs. Anderson: I see that you woke up beautifully. You are glowing iha.

Kim: I’m marrying the man perfect for me today and I woke up so excited that I had to jump on the bed. That’s how everyone found me. They decided to join the fun. I’m glad I gave you a key to the room. (laughing)

Mrs. Anderson: I’m so happy, iha. Now before I tear up. The glam squad has arrived and is setting up so why don’t you guys get ready to become even more beautiful.  Breakfast should arrive any time soon.

Everyone else scrambled off the bed. They all took turns taking quick showers and began the process of getting glammed up for the day. The same stylists that helped them get ready for Gerald’s Induction Ball were the same stylists who flew down from New York to help them get ready for the wedding. They were all excited to be reunited after having such a great time getting ready last time. Brunch was delivered for the group. Along with Kim and the rest of the bridesmaids, Mrs. Anderson and Kim’s Lola joined the group as they got ready for the wedding.  Everyone was getting their nails, hair and make-up done.