Chapter 1

Crestfallen

I decided to name the oc, because it's such a pain in the writing 'she' and 'her' without a proper name. I've edited the previous chapter with a name, so should be no problem?

It's Chaeyeon !

I hope you are not confuse !

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 years later

 

Chaeyeon was busy arranging the scatter papers on her desk when suddenly her assistant barged into her office room, panting hard. She knew something is not right when her assistant rush into her room like this. It has been always like this. It's either the clients are mad or their only boss is mad. 

 

"What's the matter now, Sowon?"

 

She ask without looking at her assistant, hand busy arranging the scatter papers into a blue file. These papers on her desk is getting on her nerve already, she can't work properly with this messy desk and it's not like she can tidy her office on her own because she have no time to do that. Now that she actually steal some time to tidy her office, her job is calling for her, again. 

 

"Mr. Kim wanted to see you in his office now, urgent he said !" 

 

"Okay." Chaeyeon said, now settle down on her chair and flick the pages of her files, looking so focus on her current work but then notice that Sowon is still in front of her. She look up at her assistant. "I will meet him in 15 minutes."

 

Sowon is fidgeting, because their boss wanted to meet with her team leader, now. Not 15 minutes later. God knows what will happen if Chaeyeon didn't dash towards their boss' office now. 

 

"But, he said now. He even stressed the word now to me earlier." 

 

"I know." Eyes darted down on the files back. "He will be here soon if I didn't come now. You can go for now, it's okay."

 

Chaeyeon keep herself busy after Sowon went out from her room, making sure that she don't miss any work that should be done before the deadline. It took her a good 20 minutes before she finally sort out everything, made a notes on her phone, fix her schedules on her scheduler and only then she realize that she need to see her boss and she's late. She stood up and grab her bag, making a way out from her office before she stop at Sowon's desk.

 

"Sowon, wait for me at the parking lot after 5 minutes. We have meeting with Mr. Wu, okay?"

 

Sowon nods. Chaeyeon make her way to her boss' office, with one knock she enter the office. A young man, with a brownish hair is talking on the phone can be seen, he signal her to take a seat before he finish his call. 

 

"Took you long enough." He finally said after he hang up the call, eyes fully on his employee(?) now. 

 

Chaeyeon settle herself infront of her boss. "Why did you call for me?" 

 

"Well.." He took out a file inside his drawer and throw it in front of her. Chaeyeon raised her eyebrows as she take the file and look into it. She sighs, now understand why his boss look so mad. "I never give you permission to decline this job, right?" 

 

"Look, Junmyeon.." She was cut off by his look, she forgot that Junmyeon  dislike to be called as Junmyeon inside his company, he need to be respected as the CEO. Chaeyeon clears . "Look, Mr. Kim. I think I made myself clear that I won't take any event related to wedding, didn't I?"

 

Junmyeon scoff, obviously not happy with her answer. "You work under me. You have to followed my order. You are an event planner and you know so well what does this company do for living."

 

Junmyeon knows so well that Chaeyeon won't take any event related to wedding, simply because she dislike it. She stated it from the first day she work in the company, and Junmyeon said its fine. He can give another work to Chaeyeon. But look what happened now. Chaeyeon remain silent, doesn't want to defend herself. 

 

"Go meet this client, I have set up a meeting for you and her." 

 

If one thing she dislike about Junmyeon, is this. He recklessly made decision without hearing his employee's explanation first. Chaeyeon sighs.

 

"First, I don't want to get involve in any of event related to wedding in the future, not even now. Second, there's another reason why I declined this job. She's snobbish."

 

Junmyeon raised his eyebrows. "Client is always right, Chaeyeon."

 

"Not this time. She's wrong."

 

"Chaeyeon !" Junmyeon yells, finally lose his patient. He breaths in and out, trying so hard to control his anger in front of Chaeyeon. "Go meet this client at 4pm."  

 

"Why can't you understand that I can't, and I don't want to take this job. There's Team Leader Kang, pass this job to her !"

 

She stood up, eyes boldly stares at Junmyeon, her own boss. Junmyeon looks so done at her that whoever looking at him think that he is so freaking mad right now. He doesnt want to know why Chaeyeon doesnt want to accept this job. All he cares right now for higher profit in his company or so, he thinks. He stood up, levelling his eyes with hers, the strares is so intense. 

 

"Meet her at 4pm. Final." 

 

Chaeyeon knows that sooner or later, she need to take this kind of job. Plan for a wedding? It's boring. Chaeyeon sighs as she grab her handbag. 

 

"You win." 

 

She walk out from his office, leaving Junmyeon who slowly feeling guilty for forcing her to accept this job eventhough he knew that she can't deal with this kind of event. He did plan to pass this job to Team Leader Kang, but he's just mad at her. For keep pushing him away eventhough he's part of her life now. Chaeyeon ignoring him, treating him like he's no one to her makes him feeling resentful. He sighs as he plop down on his chair, finally feeling guilty. 

 

*** 

 

"Hey, why is the stage in red color? Didn't I said it's supposed to be in a white color?!" 

 

Chaeyeon ask the worker who set up the stage for a runway the next after tomorrow at night, eyebrows furrowed together. She check her papers to see if she really choose red color for the stage, but what's stated there is white, not red. Everything are just going smooth according to her plan, but why the hell the stage is in red color? One of the worker ran to her to explain. 

 

"Mr. Wu insisted  it to be in red color, although our Team Leader already explain that you want it in white color.'

 

"What?" Her jaws drop, in disbelief. Who the hell is in charge of the event by the way? "Where's that Mr. Wu? Where is his secretary?! I have no time for this bull, bring him here now !"

 

No one seems to know, anyway. 

 

"Team Leader !" Sowon  shouts from far as she run toward Chaeyeon with a paper in her hand. Chaeyeon turns back, facing Sowon who looks so tired from the running. 

 

"Why?" 

 

"Mr. Wu doesn't want these songs to be played during runway. He wanted something cool, he said." 

 

Chaeyeon throws the papers in her hand on the floor, hard. Feeling resentful at that guy who's really hard to deal with. Sowon brings Chaeyeon to where Mr. Wu at when she finally exploded asking (yelling) everyone where is the founder of the event. Chaeyeon finds him eating at a restaurant next to the hall, looking so calm with those glamorous song echoed inside the restaurat that Chaeyeon feel like choking the man in front of her now.

 

"Mr. Wu, I did not accept this change of plan in last minute ! You agreed to followed my plan, why did you change the plan?!" 

 

Mr. Wu look up from his expensive steak, he wipes his lips and flashing his rich smiles which Chaeyeon found look so annoying. Mr. Wu rest his chin on his palm as he look at Chaeyeon who obviously is pissed off. 

 

"Calm down. It's just a few changing, it won't harm  the runway."

 

Chaeyeon crossed her arms. What did this man think honestly when he hired her as his event planner?

 

"Well, for me it will harm the whole event. The stage will remain in white color, and I won't change the songs. Final."

 

She storms out from the restaurant, leaving him dumbfounded when he can't even react. He hissed before he stood up and followed the event planner inside the hall and yells to everybody who are inside the hall to stop everything they do. He face the event planner. 

 

"The stage will be in red color, and you will change the songs." 

 

He stares. Chaeyeon sighs, tired with all these changing. She crossed her arms, facing Mr. Wu, her fussy client. "First, this is a fashion show. Although I don't know much about fashion show.." There's a 'good that you know' from Mr. Wu, she just shrug it off though. "I believe that red stage will make everything looks ugly. Your models, your clothes, this hall, and even your existence, Mr. Wu will looks ugly. And no, I can't change the songs. We already selected it together before, and you agreed to it !"

 

"I'm the founder, I have a right to voice out an opinion !" 

 

"Your opinion is invalid once we have made our decision, Mr. Wu !" She turn back, facing the workers who work so hard on the stage build, that's the only one that need to be complete before tomorrow. Her expression soften. 

 

"Can we change to white color?" 

 

"I'm afraid we won't have enough time to change it to white color, Ms.Kim. I think, let's just do as what Mr. Wu wants."

 

"Red color stage, and the songs won't be change."

 

Mr. Wu suddenly said, making Chaeyeon turns back to face him. She did thinking long enough until Mr. Wu clears his throat, showing how impatient he is. Chaeyeon really dislike it to change her plan. She's the event planner, the client is the one who should obey. They know nothing. She spent her weeks planning this fashion show, she discussed everything with him and he agreed with her plan. Now, who do you think he is for him to change the plan last minute? 

 

But well, client is always right.

 

"Fine."

 

Chaeyeon continue her work after Mr. Wu leaft the hall with nags and complaints about the event planner, to make this fashion show succesfull . She just remember that this is a winter runway, and there's obviously a big difference from summer runway. She did some research by the way. 

 

"Sowon !" 

 

"Yes, Team Leader !" 

 

"Can you check with the audio system for the songs? I don't want the songs to stuck in the middle of runway."

 

"I will !" 

 

Chaeyeon dash towards the team which is in charge of the lighting. The lighting team is from Junmyeon's company too, but Chaeyeon is not a very friendly person, so she dont really know them well. 

 

"Since this is a winter runway, we need a special effect from the lighting. It should be bright lights mixed with subdued gray lighting options, You can do it, right?"

 

"Easy !"

 

Chaeyeon smiles. "That's good. We will have our rehearsal tomorrow at 12pm, please be ready at that time."

 

She make her way out to the corner of the hall, taking a deep breath because she is exhausted, tired and she just wants to plop down on her bed, feeling the warmth and sleep. This week is such a hectic week for her. That's when suddenly a pair of arms are wrapped around her waist from behind. She's about to screams when she recognise his voice. She calm herself down. 

 

"It's me." 

 

Chaeyeon sighs in relief, at least its someone that she knew, not a stranger. 

 

"What are you doing here, Junmyeon?" 

 

Junmyeon rest his chin on her shoulder. "I'm sorry for earlier." He said, pointing to the argument they had back in the office. 

 

"Why would you apologize? It's not your fault."

 

Chaeyeon can't bear to hear any of 'sorry' come out from his mouth, he's too kind for him to mutter the sorry word to her. If anyone's at fault, it's her. Chaeyeon hold his hand which warmly wrapped around her waist.

 

"I passed the job to Team Leader Kang, you don't have  to worry."

 

He said almost whispering into her ears.

 

"Thank you, Junmyeon." 

 

"I made a reservation at Royal restauraunt tomorrow." 

 

"What for?" 

 

There's a long silence, a sighs before Junmyeon speaks  again. "Our one year engagement anniversary." 

 

Chaeyeon didn't know. She didn't remember. She don't even bother to remember. The fact is, she doesn't want to remember, this happened because of her mother, because of his mother. Their engagement was arranged, why Junmyeon bother to celebrate the anniversary? Chaeyeon doesn't want to come out from her house tomorrow, she just wants to stay at home doing nothing, because celebrated their first engagement anniversary is the last thing she will do. 

 

*** 

 

Noticing how Junmyeon’s expression change when he talked about their engagement anniversary, Chaeyeon can’t help but to feel guilty. She didn’t remember their anniversary, and she didn’t remember Junmyeon’s birthday. This engagement thing happened because she was forced to by her mother. 

 

Chaeyeon sighs for the nth time, slowly massage her temple. She doesn’t have any idea how to run from the anniversary. She doesn’t have the heart to break Junmyeon’s heart anymore. He is just too excited for this, heck he even reserves a restaurant for them. Chaeyeon didn’t know if Junmyeon loves her, even after what he did for her, she doens't know if Junmyeon loves her, and she doesn't want to know, honestly.

 

Chaeyeon hates it.

 

A sudden knock echoed in her office, without waiting for her reaction, Junmyeon step into her office with two boxes. Junmyeon placed it on her desk, receiving a frowns from Chaeyeon.

 

“What’s that box for?”

 

Junmyeon smiles. Honestly, Junmyeon have the sweetest smiles among men she ever knew, but strangely her hearts does not flutter for him. He settles himself in front of Chaeyeon who is now reaching for the boxes.

 

“For tonight. I bought it for you.”

 

Chaeyeon open one of the boxes, revealing a long cean blue dress, with a round neck. It’s so beautiful that Chaeyeon couldn’t take her eyes off from the dress. She open the other box to reveals a black platform high heels with a glitters on it. It’s so beautiful.

 

“It’s pretty.”  She looks at Junmyeon, lips curves into smiles. “But you don’t have to buy me anything, Junmyeon.”

 

Receiving gifts from Junmyeon makes her uncomfortable, because all of his gifts are so nice and good and also expensive that Chaeyeon feels like crying whenever she accept it and couldn’t decline the gifts. Because she doesn’t know if she’s able to accept Junmyeon. She doesn’t know how long their relationship that based on mother’s decision can last. She doesn’t know if she will able to love Junmyeon back.

 

“Shush, I insist to.”

 

He stood up with smiles never faded off his face. “Well, then. I will pick you at 8pm, alright? And now, I actually have something to let you know regarding our new recruit member for the Photographer Team. Let’s go.”

 

Chaeyeon nods as she stood up and heading out with Junmyeon to the meeting room. Junmyeon’s company is not that big and not that small, but definitely most of the event around rich peoples are handles by J&M co. Junmyeon’s company consist of few department, including Chaeyeon’s department which is Event Planner, Photograph Team, PR Team and what’s more.

 

“We are kinda short of people in Photograph team, and we are receiving a lot of complaint about the previous Team Leader photographer, I decided to recruit a new one."

 

He said while facing the others Team Leader from each department who comfortably sit on the chair, looking up at their CEO. He click the next button on his laptop, the slide show a profile company. Junmyeon face his staffs again, his leader aura fill the meeting room.

 

“We already sign a contract with Event Studios for 2 years. We can’t recruit their Team Leader into our company, so I decided to collaborate with them, because why not? It will not bring any harm, right?.”

 

“What about our current Photorapher Team, Mr. Kim?”

 

“They will work together with Event Studios, but their salary of course will be paid by me.”

 

Everyone laughs at the sudden humor. Chaeyeon shook her head, smiles curves on her lips. A sudden knock can be heard from outside, Junmyeon’s secretary open the door, revealing a few new people which instantly step into the meeting room.

 

Chaeyeon darted her eyes on the new peoples, but someone just caught her attention. Her eyes widen. Her heart beats even faster. Her body is shaking. Her mind went blank, everyone are standing, applause the new peoples in the company(which she believe they are from the Event Studios) while she’s still glued on her chair, unable to process the situation that happen at the moment.

 

At that moment, she’s sure that he locks his eyes to hers, with undescribeable expression. She doesn't know what is he thinking when he saw her, but she need to-no she have to get out from this meeting room, any longer she will break into tears. She gather her strength and dash out from the meeting room, ignoring the look that everyone give to her.

 

***

 

“I want to resign.”

 

Was probably the dumbest thing to say during engagement anniversary in a freaking expensive hotel, in front of her own boss a.ka fiancé while she, dressing in a beautiful dress and shoes given by her fiancé a.k.a her boss.

 

Junmyeon is dumbfounded by the sudden confession.

 

 

 

It's so angst for me these past few days u.u

/  \ <-- jongdae's eyebrows