Chapter 6

Crestfallen

*posted again because of some problem.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon flashes her smile when she sees Junmyeon waiting for her. She approach him and settle herself infront of Junmyeon. "Did you wait too long?" She asks while she taking off her coat and place it on the empty chair. Her hand reach for a glass of water and gulp it down at once, sighing in relief after. Junmyeon just look at her in amusement without saying anything.

 

"Busy day?" He finally asks.

 

Chaeyeon nods, finally give her attention to Junmyeon who is sitting accross her. "It's all thanks to you, Mr. Kim." She playfully squints at the male, making Junmyeon laughs. Things has been busy at the office and she can't thank God enough for making everything busy. Jongdae and her remain professional after the incident. Neither both of them talk about the incident and she wish to not talking about that anymore.

 

"You won't be busy if we are married you know?" Junmyeon has a playful smile on his lips, his eyes trying to read Chaeyeon's reaction when she choked on air, coughing lightly. Chaeyeon just keep on silent until the waiter serves their food. "You already ordered food?" She scans the food on the table, and half of it are her favourite. Junmyeon grab his fork and dip it on the meat. "Isn't this your favourite?" He looks at Chaeyeon while he holds the fork near her lips. Chaeyeon open and eat it, although she feels a bit embarrassed by his sudden action. They both continue to eat while catching up with each other, until Junmyeon set his fork down and stares at Chaeyeon.

 

"Why?" Chaeyeon asks while continue to finish her food. She is starving, she swear to God. Junmyeon clear his throat making her switch her attention to him. "What's wrong? Your stomach hurt? You sick?" Her eyes looks concern while she asking those questions, Junmyeon laughs while shaking his head lightly. "I have proposal to give to you."

 

"Proposal? While we eat?" Chaeyeon unintentionally pouting lightly, making Junmyeon raises his eyebrows. "Can't wait until tomorrow in the office?"

 

"My goodness, Chaeyeon." Junmyeon let out a soft laughs, making her heart skip a beat. "This has nothing to do with office, sweetheart." Junmyeon go through his briefcase and take out one piece of paper. He put it down on the table infront of her. Her eyes still looking at Junmyeon, asking for explanation. "What is this then?" Junmyeon shrugs and continue to eat. Chaeyeon reach for the paper and read the entire things, making her frowns.

 

Her eyes darted to Junmyeon who now done eating, eyebrows slightly raised. "This is a proposal...for me?.." Chaeyeon looks down on the paper again before looking at him again. "To quitting my job now and open a flower shop?" Junmyeon nods. That's it. Junmyeon only nods while looking at Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon honestly couldn't process what is this proposal about. Why suddenly Junmyeon offer this thing to her? When he himself said that he will help her by working at his place. He also said that he is starting to like her and wanted her to be on his side, during their early meet.

 

"Didn't you said you wanted to be a florist?"

 

Chaeyeon nods. But that was like a year ago. A few months after their engagement, Junmyeon asked her what would she be if she didn't work under Junmyeon, and she answer 'florist'. But now, the situation has changed. She didn't think that being a florist is important anymore for her. She have no reason to be a florist anymore. "I'm giving you a chance now. Don't you want to?"

 

Chaeyeon put down the paper, eyes looking at him in a all seriousness. "But why?"

 

"I just want to." He shrugs. "Plus, I don't think you will have to work after we get married. I can take care of both of us..and our baby too." Chaeyeon can feel a slight of pang in her heart upon the mention of a baby. She inhales deeply.

 

"I don't think this is the right time to quit my job."

 

Although she often rejected a few projects, that doesn't mean she dislike her job. She's been working for over a year and she's comfortable with her schedule as of now. Being a florist means she have to start from down again. After all, opening a bussiness is never easy. After counting the money in her bank account, she doesn't want to risk her money.

 

"Why?" Junmyeon asks, his voice suddenly sounds intimidating. "Because there's Kim Jongdae with you now? That's why it's not the right time to quit now?" Chaeyeon frown, didn't like even a single words coming out from Junmyeon. They both staring at each other without saying anything until Chaeyeon divert her eyes to somewhere else.

 

"What are you saying, Junmyeon.." Her voice is soft, trying not to make the situation tense up even more. Junmyeon let out a low laugh, almost in a mocking tone while he crosses his hand over his chest. "You think I didn't know?" Chaeyeon can feel her heart beats faster at that sentence. Junmyeon knows?

 

"He likes you. I know he do." Silence. "I know you almost fall for him too. I have to catch you before you fall for him." There's a slump in upon hearing him saying that. Chaeyeon sighs softly. "I'm tired. Let's go home." Chaeyeon stands up and take her coat before Junmyeon hold her wrist, his gaze is unreadable. "Sit down." He said. "I'm going home, Junmyeon." Junmyeon pulls her to sit again, his hand finally let go of her wrist.

 

"Why can't you quit now?"

 

"There are few project that I still need to finish, Junmyeon."

 

"I can ask someone else to take over."

 

"Don't be childish. That is why half people in your office dislike me, they think you baby-ing me too much."

 

Junmyeon remain quiet for few seconds. "Quit the job."

 

This is making her pisses off even more. After a long day at work, Junmyeon really want to force her doing something that she doesn't like? "I said, this is not the right time." Her voice is a bit shaky, trying to remain calm despite of Junmyeon being annoying tonight.

 

"Because of Kim Jongdae?"

 

"Seriously, why the hell you keep mentioning his name?!" Her tone slightly raise up, earning a glance from the other tables. Her eyes staring at him. Junmyeon looks annoyed and mad, she can see Junmyeon tight fist, his face didn't look soft anymore. "Because I know, there's something going on between you two !" He almost yelling at her.

 

"I just met him few weeks ago, the hell are you saying?!" Chaeyeon knows that the longer she is here, the bigger this fight will be. So she quickly get up from her seat and walks out of the restaurant without waiting for Junmeyon. When she arrive at the parking lot, Junmyeon shouts her name. She can hears his footsteps running towards her.

 

"Chaeyeon!" Junmyeon pulls her to face him, he is breathing hard from the running. Chaeyeon thought he will apologise but its getting even worse. Junmyeon's expression is still cold, Chaeyeon ignore it by searching for her car key in his handbag. In this situation, she searching for her car key is not helping at all because out of feeling mad, she couldn't find her car key.

 

"Who is he?" He stares down at her, eyes full with anger. "You don't even tell me what happened back in Jeju, Chaeyeon. Why the hell did he punched me if he didn't have feeling for you? Why the hell did he do that if you two ! didn't have anything to do with each other?!"

 

"I don't know !" Chaeyeon pushes him away while she yells at him. Her face is red from feeling so mad at Junmyeon. She is trembling from the sudden anger that take over her body. Her tears are about to fall down on her cheek but she hold it in. She doesn't want to look weak in front of him. She didn't know why Jongdae did that too back in Jeju. This whole situation is making her crazy.

 

"Oh, so now you didn't know? You almost cried back then in Jeju. It can't be you don't know what happened ! I saw you two talked with each other !"

 

"Then, do I have to talk with the wall? Or watch you in the pool with girls in bikini?' Chaeyeon finally found her car key, she unlock her car and open the door only to be stop once again by Junmyeon. His hand tightly hold on the car door, eyes looking at Chaeyeon. "Seriously, I'm tired of arguing. Let me go, Junmyeon."

 

"Is he your ex-husband?"

 

Her eyes widen. She didn't expect Junmyeon will know about it this soon. She plan on telling him when the time is right, not right now when they both are arguing with each other. When Chaeyeon didn't say anything, Junmyeon let out a painful chuckles. His face back to a serious one again.

 

"If he is not your ex-husband, then..is he your boyfriend? Are you cheating behind me?"

 

Chaeyeon couldn't believe what he said that she's unknowingly slap him on his face. She gasps in shock, her eyes looks terrified. Junmyeon rubs his cheek softly while looking at her, eyes full with anger that its making her scared. "If..if you cant trust me..let's break up.." tears flow down on her cheek when she pushes Junmyeon away, she quickly get in the car and lock the door. Her sobbing is getting hard when Junmyeon knock on the window, shouting words that she couldn't process anymore. She drives away, leaving Junmyeon alone in the parking lot. What Junmyeon said gives a flashback of what Jongdae said to her before this. Junmyeon didn't trust her that is why he is accusing her with so many assumptions.

 

"The thing is-" He stared at his wife. "I don't trust you anymore. Without trust, I can't live with you anymore."

 

Does it mean, she can't live with Junmyeon anymore? Because Junmyeon didn't trust her enough? Jongdae said without trust, he can't live with her that resulted to both of them getting a divorce.

 

***

Chaeyeon wake up with 30 miscalls and 20 text message from Junmyeon, one text message from Jongdae that she don't even bother to read. Her head feels heavy and hurt that she stay in her bed until noon, not even bother to have breakfast and go to work. At this point, she don't even bother if she get fired. She scoffs at the thought. She force herself to sit up, staring blankly at the floor before she get up and walks out of her room. She was surprised when she see her mom is sitting down on the couch watching drama on the tv.

 

"Mom?" She settle herself next to her mom before lay her head down on her mother's lap. "What are you doing here?" Her mom look down on her, smiling softly. "Just thought I have to come here. Its been a while since I come here right?" Chaeyeon nods. "I cook your favourite dish. Go shower and eat." Chaeyeon's gasps in surprise, her eyes full with an excited expression. its been a while since she eat what her mom made for her. She quickly get up and walks to the table dinner, her lips forms a smile upon seeing her favourite food.

 

"Oh my god !" Chaeyeon settle herself on the chair and eat one egg roll. In all seriousness, her mother's egg roll is really delicious that its able to make her forget about what happened. She then eat the other food, ignoring the nags coming from her mother. "Yah, at least go shower first !" A slap on her back making her wince in pain. "Mom !" She whines, still continue eating her favorite food. "It's not like anyone home other than you."

 

Her mom can only shakes her head and continue to watch her drama while waiting for Chaeyeon to finish eating. After eating, Chaeyeon settle herself next to her mom while sipping on a juice she got from the fridge. Her mom turn to face her. "Yah." Chaeyeon looks at her with a raised eyebrows, still sipping on the juice. "You got into a fight with Junmyeon?"

 

Chaeyeon chokes on her drink and coughs hard while rubbing her chest, eyes widen at her mom. "What-" Her mom gives her a look, telling her that she can't hide anything from her. Chaeyeon put down the box of juice. "He told you?" Her mom nods, patting her softly on her head. Her mom knows how hard her life is after the divorce, after the heartbroken incident. Her mom intention is good when she matchmaking Chaeyeon with Junmyeon. But if they both keep on fighting and didn't show any sign of progress in their relationship, her mom couldn't help it but to blame herself for forcing Chaeyeon to accept Junmyeon.

 

"I know it's hard to live a new life. If you think this isn't working, you can talk to Junmyeon hm?" Chaeyeon nods before she hugs her mom. Her mom her back gently, making her ease and calm at the same time. She couldn't make decision yet for now. "Thank you, mom. For everything." When the incident happened, her mom was the one who help her went through her broken life. "I just want the best for you, daughter." Chaeyeon smiles as she nods.Her mom didn't know yet that Jongdae is here, working with her. If her mom knows, it will be a big war. When Chaeyeon was about to tell her mom about Jongdae, the door bell suddenly rang.

 

"Who?" Chaeyeon asks to her mom. "Isn't this your house?" Her mom ask back, making her laughs. Her mom get up and walks to the door while Chaeyeon stay on the couch, too comfortable to do anything. When she heard Junmyeon's voice asking if she's inside or not, she quickly runs to her room and lock it. She is not ready yet to meet him after what happened last night. Her mom invite him inside and was surprised when Chaeyeon isn't in the living room anymore. As if sensing that both of them need space to talk, her mom suddenly said she have to go to the market, leaving Chaeyeon and Junnmyeon alone in the apartment.

 

"Sweetheart.." Junmyeon knock on the door lightly. Chaeyeon stay silent, almost puking at Junmyeon's sweet word. She is still mad and it won't change anything. "You didn't pick up my call, I was worried." Chaeyeon scoffs, feeling suddenly annoyed at Junmyeon. "Chaeyeon, let's talk please? I was wrong, I'm sorry." His voice is soft, almost pleaded to Chaeyeon. "Please, sweetheart?"

 

Chaeyeon sighs softly, finally walks towards the door and knock on it. Junmyeon must be fluster as why she knock on the door but remain silent. "Wait for half an hour, I didn't shower yet." She can hear Junmyeon's soft laugh, she squints. "Are you laughing now??" Her voice sounds mad, Junmyen immediately clears his throat. "Sorry, I will wait in the living room then."

 

"tch" Is the only thing Chaeyeon said before she take a bath and take her time in the shower, purposely making Junmyeon wait outside. After dressing up, she glance at the clock and realize she took more than half an hour to shower. She slowly walks outside and find Junmyeon watching tv, making her squints. She thought he will walk back and forth waiting for her, but Junmyeon just watch tv. She clears , making Junmyeon looks up at her. He immediately sit up. "Chaeyeon." A guilty smile plastered on his face, he take a step closer to her but Chaeyeon quickly walks to the kitchen.

 

"Have you eat? If not, take a seat. Mom cook a lot of food." She said, placing a bowl of rice on the table for Junmyeon. Junmyeon let out a sigh before pulling her into a hug. His chin resting on top of Chaeyeon's head while he hugs her body. "I'm so sorry about last night." Chaeyeon remains silent despite of her heart beating fast when Junmyeon hug her. "It's not that I didn't trust you, I was just...curious. That's all." Chaeyeon still didn't say anything, letting Junmyeon to say whatever he wants. She doesn't want to argue again. Last night was enough.

 

He continued, while her back gently. "I love you so much, Chaeyeon." Her heart soften at that. She knows that Junmyeon love her, but it might be too soon for her to say the words back at him. She unknowingly nods lightly. "I don't want to lose you." He whisper softly. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, sweetheart." This time, Chaeyeon reach her hand to his back, gently patting his back to calm him. "It's okay..if I were you, I will get mad too." Junmyeon pull away from the hug, his hand softly patting her head, reaching down to her cheek, he softly caress it while looking at her lovingly. "Do you forgive me?"

 

It might be too soon to forgive him, what he said hurts her. But it's weird how her heart soften at how he apologise. How the words of I love you soften her heart even more. Junmyeon has done a lot of thing for her, she can't thank him enough, forgiving him won't hurt. Chaeyeon nods, finally smiling at him. "I forgive you." Junmyeon sighs in relief, pulling Chaeyeon into a hug once again. "God, I love you so much." He said again. Chaeyeon still don't know as why he love her so much. Why her out of many woman. Why her, a widow? Junmyeon knows but still accept her. Why? She still don't have strength to ask him the question.

 

"Now..Did you eat yet?" Chaeyeon ask after they pull away from the hug. Junmyeon sits on the chair next to Chaeyeon while looking at the food. He shakes his head. "Then, eat now. Mom cook a lot of thing." Junmyeon looks at her with unreadable gaze, making her raises her eyebrows. "What?" She asks when Junmyeon leans close to her. If there's another one thing she dislike about Junmyeon other than him liking party a lot, is that he always do this kind of thing which makes her heart beat faster. She doesn't like it because it feels like her heart almost explode. "I want to eat you." Her eyes widen. She coughs and kick Junmyeon's shin a bit hard, making him wince in pain.

 

"Chaeyeon!"

 

"Don't be dirty." She squints before she stands up. Junmyeon hold her wrist while looking at her. "I was joking, baby. Where are you going? Stay here with me, accompany me to eat?" Chaeyeon clears . damn it. "I..I want to check my phone first. I will be back."

 

Junmyeon hesitantly letting go of her hand before nodding. "Don't take too long, I will miss you." He grins before facing the food, getting ready to eat. "Cheesy." Chaeyeon went back to her room and takes her phone. Scrolling through her text message from Junmyeon which full with I'm sorrys. Two text message from Jongdae which makes her world spinning.

 

Mr. Kim

: Chaeyeon, can I meet you for a while?

 

Her heart beats even faster upon reading the second text from Jongdae. Her hand suddenly trembling, all the flashback from the past suddenly come into her mind. She inhales deeply.

 

Mr. Kim.

:Mom saw you in the wedding pictures I took the other day. She want to meet you. Please let me know, if you can hm?... She missed you a lot, she said.

 

Meeting her ex mother in law? What could be worse than that? When she's trying to erase any trace of Jongdae in her life, things like this happen. Jongdae suddenly work with her, her ex mother in law suddenly want to meet her. One by one happen and she couldn't process these thing. What should she do? When should she tell Junmyeon the truth? Should she meet with her ex mother in law?

 

Chaeyeon lay down on the bed, staring blankly at the ceiling.

 

She is doomed.

 

 

 

What do you think of this chapter full of Junmyeon?

I'm so dramatic uwu