Chapter 3

Crestfallen

Chapter 3

 

Chaeyeon knows for sure that it isn't a good decision to start over with Junmyeon, but she have to put an end to her useless feelings. Yes, she was and still mad at Jongdae for treating her like a trash two years ago, but still her love for Jongdae can’t fade easily just like that. She is trying to open up to Junmyeon, and really, she hopes it will turns out well, taking the fact that Jongdae is no longer have a feelings for her. Easier, maybe.

 

“Yes, mom?”

 

Chaeyeon put her phone on speaker so she can dress herself quickly while talking with her mom. Talking with her mom probably is the best thing ever to do after a tiring day at work, if not because of the topic her mom chose every time they are on the phone.

 

“How are you with Junmyeon?”

 

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes as she put on some light make up, light enough for the fashion show tonight. Mr. Wu invites her to the fashion show tonight, and although Mr. Wu is annoying, she doesn’t think declining the offer is a good idea.

 

“We are good. How are you, mom?”

 

She style her hair into a bun which she thinks is a big mess up, so she decided to just let it loose and curl it a bit.

 

“When are you guys getting married? Didn’t Junmyeon discuss anything with you about this?”

 

“Mom, please. It’s too early.”

 

Chaeyeon takes her handbag and her phone on the bed before she heads out from her room to the living room, waiting for Junmyeon. She settle herself on the couch.

 

“It’s been one year! What are you guys waiting for?”

 

Chaeyeon decided to start over with Junmyeon, so she need a little time for her to decide. If Junmyeon is really her other half, because she doesn’t want the same thing happen in her marriage again. A divorce.

 

“Well, waiting for the right time, I guess. I got to go mom, Junmyeon is here. I will call you later, okay? I love you mom !”

 

She hang up the call and sighs in relief. It never crosses her mind that she’s going to get married with Junmyeon. It never cross her mind that Junmyeon would fall in love with her. She thought that maybe after a month or two, Junmyeo will break their engagement, but it’s been one yeat. And she’s so sure that Junmyeon is still waiting for her and will always be.

 

A bell can be heard from outside her apartment, and she knows that it’s Junmyeon. She quickly shove her phone into her handbag before she walks towards the door and pull it from inside, revealing Junmyeon with a black suits, looking so clean and handsome as always. He flashes his smiles as he greets her.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

Chaeyeon said after she slip her feet into her 5inch stiletto and lock her apartment. They walk towards the lift and then straight to the parking lot where Junmyeon park his car at. After getting into the car, Junmyeon drives them to the venue where Mr. Wu holds his fashion show.

 

“What are you going to talk with me though?”

 

Junmyeon starts off as he drives and has his focus on the road. Chaeyeon clears , not sure how she’s supposed to starts.  When Chaeyeon didn’t say anything, Junmyeon turns to her for a while.

 

“Is there anything wrong?”

 

Junmyeon ask as he finally focuses on the road again. Not going to get them into accident, he thought. Chaeyeon shook her head.

 

“No. It’s regarding what I said to you this evening.”

 

“About us going to start over?”

 

Chaeyeon nods. “Yeah. Well, you know, I’m…”

 

“You know, Chaeyeon.” Junmyeon cuts her. “I know that you don’t have any feelings for me, but even so, I still keep on trying to have you. That’s why our engagement last for a year. You know that I never force you to stay with me, but you didn’t say that you want to call off this engagement either and I thought you are fine with it. You want to start over with me? Yes, let’s do that. Maybe this time, it will work for both of us.”

 

That’s exactly what she wanted to say just now, but Junmyeon make it easier for her. Maybe it’s the time for her to open up to Junmyeon. Maybe it’s time for her to move on from her past life.

 

“I’m sorry that it took me so long to actually open up to you. I..I don’t know if I can lo-“

 

“I know.” He cuts again. “But we can try to work out this relationship, hmm?”

 

Junmyeon smiles. Chaeyeon nods as she gulps down her saliva, as if her burden on her shoulder is lifted off. Junmyeon is too kind, she felt like she don’t deserve someone like him. She’s so sure that things will work out between her and Junmyeon, but what if fates just have something else for her?

 

 

****

 

Jongdae loves his current work so much, it keeps him distracted from outside world, although his work requires him to communicate with other people, it doens't bother him because usually Baekhyun will do all those communication with clients. When he receive an invitation for a fashion show from J&M co, he is so sure that he won't attend the show and will be declining the offer, but his best friend, Baekhyun insisted to go by saying 'Oh come on, this is the only time we will be receiving an invitation from Kris Wu !' which makes his frown because who the heck is Kris Wu?

 

Jongdae spent a quite time to choose his outfit which at the end he finally choose a black suits. After dressing up, Baekhyun suddenly barged into his room with a very annoyed expression while scanning Jongdae from head to toe. He approach Jongdae and hold his shoulder as he shook his head.

 

"Your taste of fashion is ." 

 

"Uh, thanks?" 

 

Baekhyun scoff as he make his way out from Jongdae's room, Jongdae thought he is gone for good but nope, that's not the case when Baekhyun come with a pair of sweater, yellow turtleneck and a black slack. He put it gently on Jongdae's bed before smiling brightly at Jongdae. 

 

"This is from Prada Spring 2016 Menswear Collection, yours is from look 12 and mine is from look 13. Yeah I got it, thanks me later for that awesome fashion" 

 

Baekhyun just feel so proud that he finally be able to choose Jongdae's outfit for tonight that his smiles didn't left his face. Jongdae lift up the outift and eye-ing Baekhyun. He gotta agree that Baekhyun does have avery nice taste in fashion. But he don't care about that, a black suits is more than enough for tonight, Jongdae thought. 

 

"No-uh. A black suits is not enough for tonight. Where are you going tho? Funeral?"

 

Jongdae facepalms. "Change to that outfit, Jongdae. Geez, when will you have a chance to wear this very limited collection from Prada Spring 2016 tho? It's today ! Only today !" He then skip out to God knows where after mocking Jongdae's taste in fashion. Jongdae shook his head and finally change to the outfit Baekhyun has chosen for him, to avoid any constant nagging from Baekhyun about how his taste in fashion is.

 

****

Through the curtain, Chaeyeon can see how much Sowon, his assistant is working hard on behalf her so that the fashion show can run smoothly. When Chaeyeon decided to resign, she asked Sowon to take over her work and that's explain why Sowon run the fashion show tonight, instead of her. She can have a little of rest while enjoying the show tonight At least that's what she thought when Junmyeon suddenly nudge her when they are waiting for the show to start. 

 

"Why?"

 

Junmyeon's eyes darted at two guy and Chaeyeon followed his gaze, that's when her world starts to spin around. "Let's say hi." Junmyeon was about to stood up when Chaeyeon grab his arms, Junmyeon look at her, asking her what is wrong? She couldn't answer that she doesn't want to meet her ex-husband right? Chaeyeon grins.

 

"You go first, I'm going to toilet first."

 

She immediately stood up, don't even wait for Junmyeon's reaction because she still can't faced Jongdae, and his ex-husband along with his best friend are approaching them. She finally take a deep breath when she's outside the hall, it's pretty chilly outside here but it's better than facing her ex-husband. Sighs escaped her lips, honestly it is not easy to faced her ex-husband even if she try. How is she gonna work with him if she run away from him tonight-again? 

 

"Running away from me?"

 

That got her startle, she almost curse but when she turns to her left, she saw Jongdae smiling at him like the old time. Chaeyeon clears and faced Jongdae with her poker face. 

 

"What makes you think like that?" 

 

Jongdae shrugs, but his smiles never faded from his face. Chaeyeon is amused by that because why would he smiles at her like that? They are stranger now, remember?

 

"Well, because when your boss decided to say hi to us, you ran away. Now that I'm talking about it, what's your relationship with him? How come you are always with him?"

 

"When did I always with him?" She bravely look at Jongdae from head to toe who look stunningly good looking (she just realize that) and she blurt out "You dress nicer now" which makes her have the urge to slap her own face. That sentence will just bring back the old nostalgic. Jongdae chuckles.

 

"You are here with him now, and from what I see, he might pick you up from your house. No?"

 

Chaeyeon don't think that talking with Jongdae about her personal life will be a good idea. Especially about his relationship with Junmyeon, or anyone in particular. Chaeyeon turns around to leave and ignore Jongdae but fate is not on her side when she sprained her ankle because of her 5inch stilleto, but maybe a little good luck is on her side when Jongdae catch her waist when she's about to fall flat on the floor. And again, maybe bad luck is on her side when Junmyeon actually witnessed all that. She screw up.

 

****

 

"You mad?"

 

Junmyeon keep focusing on his computer doing God knows what's he doing, and ignore the woman in front of him. Chaeyeon knows that Junmyeon is mad when he didn't talk to her at all last night, and he didn't greet her this morning when she arrive i the office. Being concern, she dash towards Junmyeon's office and ignore the I'm-your-employee policy and didn't address him with formality.

 

"Junmyeon, come on. Don't be mad."

 

"I'm not mad." Face is so serious.

 

"Yeah, judging from how you look right now, and you didn't talk to me at all for the whole day, sure, you are not mad."

 

"Oh, now you concern about me getting mad?" He finally look up from his computer, his gaze meet her eyes. Chaeyeon nods. 

 

"Plus, it was an accident."

 

"Oh really? Because I didn't see it that way." 

 

"Wait, are we really argued about this now? Seriously Junmyeon?"

 

Chaeyeon looks rather done with Junmyeon, because he shouldn't get mad about that. It was an accident and she have no relationship with Jongdae, except for being his ex-wife. Chaeyeon sighs.

 

"Don't think that I didn't notice you kept running away when the Event Planner representative were here, Chaeyeon. Do you have something to do with them? Or anything with Byun Baekhyun? Kim Jongdae?"

 

Chaeyeon's jaw drops. She never thinks that Junmyeon will ever have a thought like that, and she never thinks that Junmyeon will actually notice all that. She really make a nice excuse to ran away from the meeting when Event Planner representative were here.

 

"What? I don't have anything-"

 

"To do with them? Right." Junmyeon cut her words, "Then, I supposed that you can accept this work with Event Planner side, and discuss this work with their Team Leader, Kim Jongdae. I don't accept no as the answer." 

 

He finally smiles, but not the kind of smiles Chaeyeon hopes for. Its a fake smiles where he often put on when he is mad and he is clearly mad now. Chaeyeon knows that. And to admit that she is Jongdae's ex wife to Junmyeon is a big no. A big fat no. Now maybe this is the right time to faced her ex husband, working together like a colleague and pretend like none of it happen. She have Junmyeon now, and Jongdae have move on. 

 

/   \ haven't proofread yet