Chapter 4

Crestfallen

Chapter 4

It was not a good idea, but..it wasn't a bad idea either to work with her ex-husband. This might be the chance for them to get close with each other again- Chayeon shakes her head at her own thought. After two years, she still have a tiny bit of feelings for Jongdae, and honestly it's so upsetting because she knows that Jongdae has finally move on. When Junmyeon asked her to work with Jongdae for this project, she feel like she couldn't do it. To work with her ex-husband, spending most of the time to work on the project and ebating with each other about the project, that's totally insane. Junmyeon is crazy, if only he knows...

Chaeyeon takes a deep breath before she walks into Jongdae's office after knocking on the door. She was greeted by Jongdae and Baekhyun who seems pretty serious in their conversation. Chaeyeon bows a bit to both of them, showing her politeness to the strangers in front of them, she suppose. Baekhyun was the first one to stands up and hold out his hand for a handshake. Chaeyeon smiles lightly as she takes Baekhyun's hand in hers, shaking his hand for a while before she releases it. 

 

"Why are you standing still? Come here, take a seat!" Baekhyun exclaim while showing her where to sit, exactly across Jongdae who doesn't look at her at all, immersed at the papers on the table. Chaeyeon settle herself across Jongdae and put down her sling bag. 

 

"I'm here to discuss about what Mr. Kim has assign me to do with you. I've no idea what is it as he told me that you will brief me about the event."

 

There are no replies from Jongdae after that, making Chaeyeon wonder whether she should continue talking or stay silent. She looks up at Baekhyun who are still standing, he rubs his neck as he shrugs while looking at Chaeyeon. He nudges Jongdae a bit. "I will go first" He smiles at Chaeyeon before walks away from Jongdae's office. And that's when Jongdae finally looks up at her, without saying anything. 

 

"...so? Dont you have to brief me about the event?'

 

Jongdae still didn't say anything, stands up and walks to his table, taking some file before he sits on his place again. "Here"  Chaeyeon takes the file from Jongdae and flips the papers one by one while frowning. She takes a deep breath as she put down the file on the table. 

 

"I can't take this job"

 

"Why? Because it's related to our past?" 

 

She stares at Jongdae in disbelief, couldn't believe what she heard. "you are really saying that stuff easily huh?"

 

Jongdae chuckles dryly as he leans on his chair. "Come on Chaeyeon. I should be the one who hurt deeply, not you. Don't take this job seriously. Its just a job. A wedding event. Grow up, can't you?"

 

She really couldn't believe, that after a few years she finally able to hear Jongdae's cruel words. She didn't expect this to happen, she didn't prepare herself yet to hear such words from her ex-husband. It still hurts her. She takes a deep breath, bravely looking at Jongdae who have no expression on his face. She realize that the more she argue about it with him, the more it will hurts her. 

 

"I will discuss this with Mr. Kim and get back to you after." She shoves the file Jongdae gave her earlier into her slingbag before she get up. "I hope you won't say anything about our past during work hour."

 

She was about to walks out of his office before once again, Jongdae says another cruel words. "Then please be professional Ms. Chaeyeon. We are stranger now, we should be professional during work" Chaeyeon inhales deeply before pushing the door and walks away. She walks by Baekhyun who smiles brightly at her, but she could only smiles lightly back. She doesn't know what to do, back away means she is not professional. But to work with him would hurts her more.

 

**** 

Junmyeon trails behind her as she walks back and forth, busy doing her job. She stop abruptly making Junmyeon bumped onto her. Chaeyeon turns around and glares at him. "Mr. Kim, can you like get out of my office and do your work?"

 

Jumnyeon chuckles as he wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. "Still mad?" Chaeyeon is not comfortable yet at how close they are right now, but since she said she wanted to try this relationship with him, maybe she should get used to it soon. 

 

"I'm busy. Let's talk later alright?" 

 

Junmyeon gaze at her feature, smiling softly as he nods. "Alright. Later then." He quickly pecks her lips before releasing her from his hold, laughing softly as he open the door. "I love you!" 

 

Chaeyeon widen her eyes, not because of the sudden peck on her lips, but because there's Jongdae standing infront of her office with no expression. But he suddenly smile lightly when Junmyeon greet her. "Oh, Jongdae-ssi. Come in. I'm just done discussing thing with Ms. Chaeyeon about the future event. It should be done in less than a month though"

 

Jongdae nods. "Yes, I'm aware of it. I will inform you about the event if anything comes up last minute."

 

Chaeyeon just watches two of them talking to each other without saying anything. "alright thats good. See ya later." Junmyeon winks at her before walks away, making Chaeyeon freeze at her spot. Didn't realize that Jongdae already come inside her office. 

 

"You okay?"

 

Chaeyeon clears before she take a sit on her chair, letting Jongdae sit across her. "I've draft some things about the event. Here it is."

 

Jongdae don't even take a look at the file, but instead he looks at Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon raises her eyebrow. "What?"

 

"You are in a relationship with your boss?"

 

"I believe that it's none of your business"

 

He chuckles dryly before nodding. "Right" He finally open the files and scan the papers. "Well, I guess this is fine. Let's go to Jeju tomorrow."

 

"Jeju?"

 

"Yeah, Jeju."

 

"What for?"

 

He sighs softly. "You are still clueless. where do you think this event is being held? Jeju."

 

"I will go alone."

 

"Why? You are going with Junmyeon?"

 

Chaeyeon scoffs. "Honestly, it's none of your business."

 

Jongdae shrugs. He takes the file and stands up. "I will pick you here at 10 a.m. Make sure to bring extra clothes, we might spending a night there."

 

"Excuse me?" Chaeyeon stands up as well, eyes looking into his. "You have no things to do there, I will go alone and do my job."

 

Jongdae didn't say anything but instead he just walks away from her office. Chaeyeon pushes her hair back in frustrated, she shouldn't agree to this job at the first place. The only thing she can do right now is hoping that he won't show up tomorrow. With an easy heart, she call Junmyeon to have a dinner with her tonight, because being a good fiance she is, she will try to work this relationship. She smiles while talking with Junmyeon through her phone when suddenly Junmyeon show up in her office with his phone still on his ears. That's so cute, Chaeyeon thought so.

 

"Not mad anymore, I suppose?"

 

Honestly, she can't stay mad at Junmyeon for a long time. The longest would be for half day.  She smiles as she shakes her head, signalling that she no longer mad.

 

****

The next day got her in shock, Jongdae actually show up infront of her workplace.