Chapter 4 - Our Hero Meet His Match

Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

Our Hero Meets His Match

 

Readers, all of you already knew about our Hero, Jung Yonghwa-ssi, and our Heroine, Seo Joohyun-ssi personality and their family background. In previous chapter, Seo Joohyun-ssi best friend is Jung Yonghwa-ssi cousins from his father side. Seo Joohyun-ssi also has a problem in her love live, as you all know that her ultimate crush is has another crush for another woman. And as her angel/coincidentally their cupid, Im Yoona help both of them met at their cousin costume party, Jessica. Although Yoona first intention is to help Seohyun move on from her crush and give her getaway/new experience for her. I think as their author, I should thank Im Yoona-ssi effort. But, I’m warning you my readers, This is not your last time to see Yoona-ssi do or plan something for both our Hero and Heroine. Now readers, are you excited for what will happen to them in this chapter? Are you pondering about what kind of love story they would had? And also what will happen next to our Hero and Heroine? Will they fall in love like Cinderella and her Prince Charming? See and Read this chapter to know it all.

Yonghwa’s Office, Yeouido, Seoul

“Everyone, let’s take a break!” shouted Yonghwa across the meeting room.

Hearing their boss announcement, Yonghwa employee stop their work and tidying their things. All of them bowed to him before left the meeting room. Yonghwa slumped in his chair and spin his chair into another direction. In attempts to relaxing himself Yonghwa loosening his tie and opened two buttons of his shirt. Then, he reached for window blinds and adjust it. So, the sunlight can going though the blinds.

He let out a big sigh while admiring the view in front of him. Across his window pane, he saw skyscrapers stand still, like they want to hold on to the ground firmly. In far, he recognize the iconic building in Yeouido, The 63 building and Namsan Tower. Not only that, Yeouido also been surrounded by beautiful park. If the springs came, the cherry blossoms will bloom prettily, makes the scenery more captivating and magical. Saw all of this in front of his eyes, Yonghwa sometimes wishing to himself. How he wish to enjoy the scenery by strolling along the park. Breathe in the sweet smell of cheering blossom. While admiring the firework festival in the said park. Yonghwa already immersed on his wish and imagination, that he doesn’t notice that his secretary already beside him.

“Well, if I were you. I’ll do all of things that you had been mentioned earlier. Not just sat at the chair behind that mahogany desk and wish that away”

“Omo! Hyung, you’re really scare me out of my wits!” Yonghwa said while his hand massaged his right chest.

“Ah, I’m sorry Sajangnim. I didn’t have intention to scare you. But, you seems like drown in your thought. And no matter how much I called you, you didn’t response. So, I decide to stand beside you” Eunhyuk said. Guilty, that he made the younger man scared. Sometimes, Eunhyuk pitied the man beside him. In his young age, he already shouldering so much burden and problem, whereas he should be do what he want and enjoying his life. He work so hard, made him all alone in his age, that reached 33 year-old. If you think he doesn’t had a relationship before or there’s no women who’s interest on him. Well, Eunhyuk could told you that your though is totally wrong. He had been dated in past year, meeting here and there. But, it seems like the women that he met doesn’t fit his criteria. Either they are after his money, looks or just want to play with him. So, Yonghwa decide to stop the meeting and focusing his attention on his family business. Eunhyuk sincerely hope that Yonghwa will meet his destined one, like himself.

“Hyung, have you eat your lunch?” Yonghwa asked.

“Huh? No, I don’t had my lunch yet”

“Well, let’s call some restaurant! I’m so hungry right now and I don’t think I could be functioning at the moment” Yonghwa said with his hands on his stomach.

“Okay, I will made a call. What do you want for lunch?”Eunhyuk said and pull out his phone. He begin to look at his phone book, to find Yonghwa favorite restaurant.

“Ah, Hyung lately I had been craving for Yoona’s fusion food at her restaurant. Please call her restaurant, and invite her over if she doesn’t busy. Also invite our work mate who doesn’t has their lunch yet”

“Ahahaha, Yonghwa-yah you looks like my pregnant wife. She in her first semester and her craving really something! Are you sure you’re not pregnant? Eunhyuk teased with skeptical look on his face.

“Yah, Hyung! What do you mean by that?!”

“Arasso, arasso. I’m just joking anyway”

Eunhyuk slip out of the meeting room to make a call to Yoona’s restaurant. It also made the room back to quiet atmosphere once again. Once again, the quiet room make Yonghwa remember his wish earlier and what Eunhyuk said to him. He secretly wish that getaway time will appear soon.

Yonghwa’s Apartment, Yeouido, Seoul

He successfully finished his work before 11 pm today. He also already solved the problem that had been surfaced for weeks on their factory. Tomorrow he must visited some of their factory to make sure everything had been handled perfectly. So, everything will be okay and they could meet their client deadline. He slumped tiredly on his sofa and began checking his phone. Recently, because his hectic schedule he couldn’t meet with his parent’s. Let alone to hang out and catch up with his friends and his cousins. It also doesn’t help that he always forgot about his phone whenever he do some work at office. First, he check his mailbox. There’s so much message from her mom, asking about his condition and all. He also got a message from his father about business matter, but he also cheer him up upon the matter that had been surfaced. Secondly, he checking his email and saw there’s a lot of new email on his inbox. Mostly, from his client and business partner. Lastly he went though his friends and his cousins group chat. For his friends group chat, there’s nothing that interest him meanwhile in his cousins group chat, there’s a lot of thing for him to catching up. Most of them talked about Jessica party for this weekend. He chuckled when he saw one of his cousins ridiculous comment. Jessica itself busy to remind all of their cousins to attend her party and do not forget their plus one. She threatened all of them, if one of them dare to not coming to her party, she swear she’ll hunt they down and bugged them for a whole month. Because, Jessica continue her talks, she’ll check on they’re arrival on the guest book. She also she’ll count they’re head, so she’ll not missed on it. After the scary threat they had been received, Yonghwa cousins, promise to come to Jessica party unless there’s emergency thing that required their attention. Jessica just nodding her head and give all of them her best smile. They continue to chatting until 11pm, with Yonghwa as a new addition. He gives them a brief information about his day and what happen recently on his office. All of them give their consent and cheer him up. With that, Yonghwa feels his mood brighten up. He ends his conversation in his cousins group chat. Getting up from the sofa, then he proceed to his bedroom and called a night for today.

Jessica costume party, Four Color of Spring Hotel, Seoul

The days seem moves so fast for this week. And unknowingly the weekend already come. The costume party that had been prepared by Jessica and Krystal will be start soon. Jessica checking up the whole preparation for the party. she want to make sure that everything will turn out perfectly like the way she want it. Seeing everything is under control, Jessica proceed to her room and make a preparation for herself. In another room, Krystal doing a briefing to her team to accommodate the reporter and journalist. Krystal also doing a double check up on the invitation list and strictly remind the security team to guard the party with higher standard. After the last check up, Krystal went to her room and made a preparation for tonight.

Yonghwa’s Office, Yeouido, Seoul

Yonghwa get up from his seat after tidy up his desk. Once again he took a glance around his desk and office room before take his exit. Today is a special day for Jessica and Krystal, because of that he’ll not missed this event for anything. And to guarantee that, he’ll has a free day today he must go to his office and do some paper work. Even though today is Saturday.

But before he goes to Four Color of Spring hotel, he must pick his cousins up and do some errands for his mother. Despite Jessica and Krystal rejection, his mother insist on bring something for his cousins party. But in the end, Jessica and Krystal finally defeated with Yonghwa mother determination. His mother promised to them that, she wouldn’t bring something extravagant for them. That’s why right now, Yonghwa heading to flower shop in Gangnam to pick a bouquet flower that his mother order.

Although today’s a weekend, the traffic is in light condition. On contrary with the other day, it will full of any kind cars and bus. After 30 minute driving, Yonghwa arrived at his destination. He park the car and get in into the flower shop. He show his receipt to the flower shop employee to check upon it. The employee go into small door and take out the bouquet that have been booked. He said his thanks and out of the flower shop. Yonghwa dialed his cousin number to knows her position right now. After a few rings, his cousins picked up his phone.

“Yoboseyo, Yoona-yah are you done with your Girl’s outing?” Yonghwa asked through his phone.

“Yoboseyo, oh Yongie Oppa! I’m already done with my outings”

“Where are you right now?”

“Right now, I’m still in Glitter Saloon, Oppa, in Gangnam”

“I’m in Gangnam too, near Romantic Street Flower Shop. Should I pick you in there” Yonghwa said while fished out his car keys and began walk to his car.
“No need Oppa, just wait for me in there. I’ll be there in five”

Yonghwa put his car key and his phone back to his pant pocket. He looks around his surrounding and find a small cake shop near the Romantic Street flower shop. Yonghwa cross the road and order one glass of tea and One sandwich. He also order some drinks and cakes to take away.

Just like her words, Yoona really arrive at the cake shop in five minutes. Finishing his meal, Yonghwa take the bouquet and the small bag contained drinks and cakes. Then, both of them got in into Yonghwa car and proceed to Jessica boutique.

After he pick up Yoona in Gangnam, both of them visited Jessica boutique and changed their clothes. Actually Yonghwa already has chosen a suit, but Jessica insist that Yonghwa used one of her design. After so much persuasion and negotiation on Jessica part, Yonghwa finally agree to her. Jessica said, because it a special day for her and Krystal, so she had been in charged for their clothes. His family members already choose their clothes, so their clothes will be send into their respective house on time. Jessica had been offered to do the same thing for him, but due to his mismatching schedule, Yonghwa choose to put on his suit at Jessica boutique. Some of his cousins do the same thing with him because their conflicted time.

Since Yoona already had her make up and her hair done in saloon, it just take 30 minutes for both of them to get ready. Yoona using a cream color dress, with short sleeve and high collar. She’s matching the gown with one set of emerald earrings and bracelet. For her hair, she just let it down in natural wave and put on a silver hair band. Lastly, to completed her looks, she used silver high heels and black mask with gold embroidery in eyes section.

For Yonghwa, he used white shirt and white vest with dark blue suit. For the tie, he choose spanish bright as his bow tie color. He also used black shoes and gold mask as an addition.

Usually, he will swept back his hair neatly, but today he choose to comb his hair neatly and put his fringe down above his eyes. He took a step in front of the mirror for do some last check, satisfied with the out come, he step out from the changing room and went into front section. in there, he meet Yoona who was in her magnificent gown. Yonghwa compliment his cousins and made a joke that he must hire an extra bodyguard to guard her tonight. Yoona just laugh at his silly joke. Then, both of them took their leave and going on to their way to Four Color of Springs Hotel.

Four Color of Spring Hotel, Seoul

As it getting near the time for party to be officiated, one by one Jessica guest started to arrive. The waiters are busy, as all of them serving the guests. Either with snacks or drinks in their tray. The party looks like a kind of party that you can see in historical book. Although the female guests didn’t use a same hair style, with high wig and some accessories like Ostrich plumes that is pinned into their head. like back then. They came in various type of spectacular night gown with various kind of color. To completed their looks, all of guests bring along their mask. Some of them, have their masks in same color or design with their clothes. Some of them, bring a unique mask to match on.

Yonghwa arrive at the ballroom 30 minutes before the party being officiated. Since his arrival with Yoona as his partner, the guests in the ballroom keep taking a glance toward his direction. He could feel like there’s a bunch of bees that had been infecting the ballroom. Because whenever he goes, he could hear their buzz everywhere. Suddenly, he regretting his arrival time. If only he can drive a little bit slow, then he must be arrived right before Jessica start her fashion show. And with that he’ll not becoming the center of their attention. Yonghwa had been used to became in the center of attention. With his family status as a chaebol and he’s a sole heir to his parent’s wealth, also his public appearances on several occasion it’s normal if he and his family member gain some attention. But in situation like this, Yonghwa dislike being in the center of attention. He becoming aware of their scrutinize eyes on him. It make goosebumps running down his spine! Especially if the women guest keep throwing glance on his direction, it make him afraid that they’ll going to throw their self on him.

Because of that, he keep his life as private as he can. He also maintain his public appearance, if he think that he can avoid that public appearance, he’ll choose to avoid it and choose to do something he likes. Like reading, hang out with his friends or his cousins, go riding, playing his favorite instrument or just content on listen to the music until he fall a sleep. Anything that he can do to make him relax is a better option than make some public appearance and end up as a headline in some newspaper or prestige magazine.

Yonghwa spot his cousins near the back side of the ballroom. So, he maneuver his step towards them, dragging along Yoona, who’s link her arm with his.

“Wah, Yoona-yah you look so beautiful tonight!” Yunho exclaimed.

“Oh, thank you Oppa” Yoona give her cousins kiss on the cheek as a reward for his compliment.

“Ah, Hyung. You didn’t know how I’m feeling back then. I could feel all the male guest eyes bore into my back, when I arrived earlier with Yoona hands on my hand!” exaggerate Yonghwa.

“Then, maybe I should bring my golf stick to chased

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter