Not With Her

Are You the One?

Yuto's POV:

"Oh Yuto! I'm so happy you're in my class!" she says with a smile engraved on her face.

"Hi, Hinata!" I say.

"I heard your speech today and I.." I start to say but then a voice calls out to her.

"Hina~" a voice calls.

"Oh, Ryou-chan!! You were great this morning," Hinata answers.

"Thanks, and you know..." they continue to talk.

'What!! Hina? Ryou-chan? How did they get so friendly?' I think to myself. 

I wonder to myself........why is my heart hurting so much...

----------------

Hinata's POV:

I'm very aware of the boy sitting behind me.
It's almost like I can feel his gaze on my back.
I blush.
The teacher is ranting on about new beginnings and the start of an entirely different school life that is high school.
She's a thin, jumpy woman who likes to enunciate her words.
I sigh and try not to think of the boy behind me.

Yuto's POV:

~A week later~

This morning I was filming HSJ's weekly TV show: Shounen Club.
I woke up at three in the morning and went to school at fourth period.
I think of how we have to work after school from now on and groan.
My eyelids get heavier and heavier as my head drops onto my desk and I start to sleep...

The bell rings, jolting me awake.
It must be lunch time because I see Chisato making her way to my classroom.
When she spots me through the window she grins and jumps up and down, pointing at her bento.
For some reason, I feel disappointed.
I look over at Hinata, who's already picking up her stuff and heading to who know's where to eat her lunch.
I stop cold when I see Ryousuke catch up to her.
He touches her shoulder and smiles.
She smiles back and they begin to walk off.
Clenching my hands into fists, I grab my books and head off with Chisato.

Daiki's POV:

~Another week later~

I guess it's kind of hard to go to school when the person you love isn't in your class.
Even so, I'm trying the best I can to up my grades, so I can go to S class with Hinata, Yuto and Ryousuke.
Picking up my stuff, I see her in the hallway.
She's holding a paper and whipping her head around, probably looking for the room that's written there.
My heart races and I begin to go to her when I see Yuto come up behind her and touch her hand.

I freeze in my tracks, my throat barely able to pull in another breath.
He takes the paper in his hands and crinkles his eyebrows.
I stand where I am, my heart not beating at all as I watch them laugh together and leave.


Ryousuke's POV:

~Another week later~

I see Ayumi coming my way.
My heart races and my palms start to sweat.
I try to think back to all the notes that I took when I was out with Hinata one day before school started..
My mind blanks.

Panicking, I shut my eyes and bow down ready to yell out "Hello" when I hear her say something.

"Hinata-chan!"

She's already behind me, walking off with Hina, smiling and laughing.
I let out a breath of air.
How can I love her when I can
't even talk to her? I think.

Hinata's POV:

~May~

It's raining.
I'm standing at the front entrance of Horikoshi, looking out at the rain pouring down in sheets.
I never knew that today it was going to rain!
A bunch of 2nd years come out of the doors and open up their umbrellas.
As they share room underneath it, they giggle and walk away.
Since my homeroom teacher had asked me to stay after school for a while, I'd ended up telling Ayumi to walk home by herself.
Unfortunately, she'd taken the umbrella.
I sigh.
How am I supposed to walk home?
I tense my legs, ready to run to my apartment when I feel someone bump against me.

Looking back, I see a familar head bow down quickly.

"Gomen Nasai!" he yells, and I smile.

"Oh, it's fine Yuto."

Yuto's POV:

I can't believe that Kawaguchi Kouchou - AKA, crazy old lady - made me stay behind and file papers for her.
I mean, couldn't she have gotten, I don't know, a secretary to do those kind of things for her?
Someone that gets paid to do crap like that?

Also, I had to endure another one of Chisato's freak outs.
I bet she's at my place, ripping up a picture of the two of us.
Great.
Looking out, I notice that it's raining and I sigh.
I take out my umbrella and step outside when I bump into the person in front of me.

"Gomen Nasai!" I say a little too loud, bowing down.

And then I smell a familiar scent.
Strawberries.

"Oh, it's fine, Yuto," I hear a beautiful voice say.

My heart is beating so loud I can swear anyone within a ten-mile radius can hear it.
I look up at the face of Hinata.
She's smiling at me, making my stomach do backflips.
I force myself to talk.

"Hinata!" I say. "What are you still doing here?"

"Oh, a teacher asked me to stay back and help her out with some things. I'm out here because I don't have an umbrella, and I-"

The sound of the rain hitting the pavement becomes too loud and I don't catch what she says next.

"Oh," I say. "So then how do you plan on getting home?" I ask, clutching my umbrella even tighter in my hands.

"Well, I was planning on running..." she says, giving me a sheepish smile.

"What?" I say, incredulous. I point at the weather. "You'll get sick; running in this rain. Here."

I sling my jacket onto her shoulders.
With trembling hands, I take out my umbrella and pop it open.

"Get underneath this. I'll walk you home."

----------------

I'm very aware of our shoulders pressing together as we walk.
There's not much space under here, so I have to keep on telling her to scootch closer, and we bump shoulders again.

But what's bothering me the most is this big urge I have.
I want to wrap my free arm around her and pull her even closer to me.
How we are at the moment feels like it's just not enough.
And then I think of Chisato, ripping my face out of a photograph.
What will she do or say if she sees Hinata and I walking home together?
I sigh.

"What's wrong?" I hear Hinata ask.

I look at her.
She's examining my face, her expression a picture of concern.
My heart leaps.
Why does it feel so good to know that she's worrying about me?

"Yuto?" she asks again.

I can see our building rising up over the sidewalk in the corner of my eye.
The sound of the rain seems surreally loud to me, like a neverending symphony of the same tune.
And for some reason, I can't seem to take my eyes off of Hinata.
Hey! Stop looking at her, you'll freak her out! my brain yells at me.
But I don't follow orders.
Her slightly flushed face, her beautiful eyes, the dewdrops in her hair...
And before I know it, I'm looking down at her lips and slowly leaning in.

The sound of a car horn snaps me out of my reverie and I jump back.

"Get off the road!" I hear a gruff voice yell.

I look around myself.
Somehow, the two of us had ended up on the road.
I hurry HInata and I onto the sidewalk.

"Stupid kids..." I hear the driver of the car mutter.

As I look back at the guy in the car so I can apologize, he gives me the finger and drives off.

"Ouch," I mutter.

I give out a small, shaky laugh as I look back at Hinata.
She's looking at me, confused.

"What...?"

And then my heart beats even faster as I realized what I'd almost done.
I tried to kiss her!
My face grows red.

"Ummm....yeah, I was kind of leaning in for my jacket, because we're here already so...we should head back. I bet Chisato's getting worried."

I want to punch myself in the face for my stupid cover up.
She nods slightly and bites her lip.

"Yeah...I guess Ayumi's wondering what's taking me so long too," she says.

I drop her off at her door.
She smiles hesitantly at me before she shuts it closed.
When I'm sure she's out of ear shot, I let out a whoosh of air.

Opening the door to a grim faced Chisato isn't something one would call a nice homecoming.
She's lounging on the sofa, her arms crossed over her chest.
It's almost like she's always at my place now, even though I never let her stay over for the night.
Letting her do that seems, I don't know...wrong.
But I've been in this situation before.
Now I have to apologize again and make it up to her.
I sit down beside her and touch her hand.
She looks at me expectantly, like a child waiting for a toy.

"I'm sorry, Chisa," I say, looking down at my hands, like I'm really disappointed at what I've done.

And I know I'm laying it on thick, since I rarely call her Chisa.
She bites her lip and then makes me look at her.

"I forgive you," she says finally.

And then she grins and leans in for a kiss.
And during that short kiss, I realize something.

I notice that my heart isn't beating faster.
There's no butterflies in my stomach.
I'm not nervous or happy or excited.
All I feel is nothing.
Nothing that I feel when I'm with Hinata.
And when we break away, she looks into my eyes, and there's no tingle inside of me.
And then I realize that it's because the face I'm looking at is the wrong person.

I've never felt this way about someone before in my life, and definitely not with Chisato.
Of course, she was beautiful and a model from Seventeen, plus she really likes me.
But it's weird that only now I realize that the feeling had never been mutual.
It's true, I have felt this way before.
But..
Not with her.
I love her, but not as a girlfriend, but as a little sister.
She's not the one, I finally realize.
And I know that I have to do something.
I take a deep breath.

"Chisato, I think that we should break up."

Ryousuke's POV:

I saw Ayumi again today.
She was walking around with a stack of papers in her hands.
My heart started beating the second I set my eyes on her.

Then I took a deep breath and walked up behind her.

"Do you need some help?" I ask, my hands trembling with aniticipation.

She whirled around, some papers almost flying off.
Then her eyes widened.

"Yamada Ryousuke!" she says, then she blushes. "Umm...yeah, sure, I could use some help."

I take almost three quarters of her load and folllow her to wherever she's going.

"Where are you taking these things?" I ask curiously. "And why are you in the idol division?"

"Oh, the teacher told me to get some worksheets from this building," she answers. "I've never been in this division before; it's so much better than ours!"

I smile.
She's so cute,  I think.
We head over to the general building.
I try not to show how hard I'm struggling with the papers as I open the door for her.
She blushes and hurries in.

"Hey, Yamada-kun," she says. "Are you sure that you should be here in this division? I mean, you are famous. What if someone sees you?"

I shrug.

"It doesn't really matter at the moment, right? There's nobody here but teachers," I say.

She looks around.

"Oh, yeah," she says. "It's already at the end of the day."

While she looks around I catch sight of a fallen textbook on the ground.
Ayumi-chan is walking straight towards it.
I barely have time to shout out a warning before she trips on the book and I run to catch her.

The papers float around us.

"Whoa, that was close," I say, and then I freeze.

I have my arms wrapped around Ayumi, and our faces are inches away from each other.

Rin's POV:

"Okay everybody! We've concluded our meeting of the Yamada Ryousuke Fan Club! Everyone who's planning on joining in the Yamada Ryousuke Bake Sale, please sign your name on this paper and write down what you plan on bringing." I smile at the group of girls in front of me and nod my head. "Plus, tomorrow, we could probably sneak over to the Idol Building and try to catch a glimpse of him."

They nod their heads enthusiastically and swarm around the papers I'd set up in the back of the room.
I take my belongings in my hands, tell my vice president to lock up after me, and leave the room.
Ugh. Being the president os a fan club is so difficult, I think. But I wouldn't trade my position for the world.
I take out a photograph of Yamada and kiss it.
Someday, I will marry you...

Oh crap!
I'd left my history book in my locker and an essay is due!!
I run back to the building and crack the door open just to hear a voice say something.
A very familiar voice.
It's Yamada Ryousuke's voice!

My hands trembling with excitement, I peek through the door at my future husband and see him standing there so gloriously, so perfect, so amazing, so...
With another girl.
I force myself to stay where I am.
But then I can't stand watching them any longer.
I race up ahead of them, making sure they don't see me, and grab a book from an open locker.
Sneakliy, I place it up ahead of them, right where the mystery girl is heading, and wait for her to fall and embarrass herself in front of him.
And then something that I hadn't planned for happened.
She falls, and then Ryousuke catches up to her, grabs her, and she goes right into his arms.
And before I know it, papers are everywhere and they're staring right into each other's eyes.
That , I think. Who does she think she is? Get ready to die...

 

 

How will Chisato take Yuto breaking up with her? What wiill happen to Ayumi now that the president of the Yamada Ryousuke fan club is out for her blood? Find out in the next chapter of Are You the One!!!

                                            PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!