The Star Next Door

Are You the One?

Hinata's POV

I grab a knife from the kitchen and some paper plates so we could hand out slices, and then follow Ayumi.
She's already at the door to the left of ours, knocking gently on the wood.

She turns to me.

"I wonder if they're nice or not," Ayumi says. "I hope they're nice."

"Yeah, me too," I say.

Suddenly, the door opens and we both gasp.

'OH MY GODD!!" Ayumi screams. "IT'S HEY SAY JUMP'S.........." 

-----------

Hinata's POV

"YUTO NAKAJIMA!!!" I finish.

OMG I can't believe Yuto Nakajima is our next door neighbour!!
My mind goes blank.

'...Why is nakajimakun here...' I think.

Then I snap back to reality.
I shake my head  and look at Nakajima kun who is now standing in his doorway, frozen.
He has a blue toothbrush in his mouth with a little bit of tooth paste dripping down his jawline.
Doki.
I hear my heart beat.

'Wait, why is my heart beating so fast?' I think.

Then I notice something very very important about Yuto.
He was wearing nothing but his boxers!!
My mouth drops open.
I examine his apparel.
Leaning out, still holding on to the handle of the door, with a toothbrush in his mouth, toothpaste dripping down his jawline slowly, AND in his boxers.
Plus, you can clearly see his body.
And WOW... I never knew how a boy's body looked like before, but I can clearly tell the difference between a girl's body and a boy's.
He has broad shoulders, and even though he's very skinny I can clearly see his muscles.
And OMG, his abs!!
The only word I can describe fro him him right now is completely and indescribably Y.
Then I notice him run back into his room, slamming the door in our faces in the process.

'Wow... that was rude,' I think.
I look over at Ayumi.

"Hey, Ayumi!! Are you ok?" I ask my best friend who is now frozen with open.
Ahe doesn't answer.

"Ayumi? AYUMIIIIIIIII!!!!! Earth to Ayumi!!" I yell.

She finally responds.
Shaking her head and slapping her own face she asks,

"...that was nakajima yuto from hey say jump right?"

" Yes, but he's different from what you imagined, I guess. He's a really rude guy who would have the nerve to slam a door in our faces," I say sarcastically.

We start walking away but after 2 or 3 steps I hear a door open.
I turn around and see a now fully dressed Nakajima Yuto walk out and look at us, breathing hard.

Yuto's POV

I unlock my front door and remember what had happened today at JE.
Why did my heart beat when I saw that girl today?
Hinata-san.
I wonder what her last name is.
I wish I could've talked to her and gotten to know her better.


'Well it's not like I'll see her that much,' I reason.
'But I hope I can see her again.
I felt like I know her....but from where...

Whatever, I guess I should just go take a shower.' I think.

~~~ 10 minutes later~~~

I get out of the shower, dry myself, put on my boxers and blowdry my hair.
I grab my toothbrush and put my favourite toothpaste,lemon flavoured, on it.
I also start to think about Hinata-san again.

' Why do I keep thinking about her??!!! Stop, Yuto stop! You already have Chisato! She's your girlfriend, not Hinata-san.' I start to mentally attack myself, whacking my forhead with my palm repeatedly.

Then I hear my doorbell ring.

"Who would come at this late at night?" I ask myself out loud.
'Oh, it must be Daiki,' I think.

I open my door to see the most unexpected people standing there.
A wide-eyed girl named Ayumi and Hinata-san.

'Why is she here? How does she know where I live? Why is..'  Multiple questions flood my brain.

Then I notice that they are frozen with their mouths wide open. Why are they...
 I look down and see that I am wearing only boxers.

'Oh ! Why does this have to happen to me?!! Plus, I can't talk to them with a tooth brush in my mouth!!. Oh, what do I do ?!!' I panick.

Not knowing what to do I slam the door shut.

'Oh, why did i do that?' I ask myself.

'Now I better get back out there before Hinata-san thinks I'm rude!'
Then I run into my bathroom, spit out the tooth paste, run to my room, put on a t-shirt and pants, and run out my door, panting hard.
I see Hinata-san and her friend right ahead.

Hinata's POV

I look behind me and see Nakajima-kun standing there panting.
He had worn his T-shirt the wrong way.

I start to giggle.
He wasn't just a rude guy.
He slammed the door in our faces out of embarrassment.
I could tell because of how red his face was.
I start to laugh louder.

"Are you ok, Nakajima-kun?" I ask, still laughing.

He looks into my eyes, and once again I was shocked by how gorgeous they were.

"Ya, I'm fine. Sorry I closed the door, it's just that well..."  he said getting as red as the strawberries on the cake. 

"It's ok. I know, you were half- and embarrassed," I say, laughing louder as he got redder.

I hear Ayumi clear .
Nakajima-kun and I turn around to look at her.

"Ummm, sorry to interrupt, but why is Nakajima Yuto in the room next door?" Ayumi asks, full of curiosity.

"Oh, you didnt know I live here. But why are you two here?"  Nakajima-kun asks, crinkling his forehead.

"We just moved into the room next door today!!" I answer.

"Well then, it looks like we're next door neighbours then," said Nakajima-kun, grinning at me.

"Ya, it looks like we are!!" I say excitedly.

I don't know why, but the thought of us being neighbours made my heart beat faster.
Why is it that Nakajima-kun makes me feel this way??
I never felt like this before, this feeling is so new!
What is this.....
Maybe I'm just tired....

"So, Nakajima-kun, you wanna come to our new room to have some cake and tea?" I suddenly hear Ayumi asking as I was caught up in my thoughts.

"Umm... sure. If you guys don't mind that is...." Nakajima-kun trails on.

I zone off.

"Hinata, I think he's asking you," Ayumi leans over and whispers to me.

"Huh, oh ya sure!" I come back to reality and say.

"Ok, then she said yes!!! Come on, let's go!!! I wanna go home, so hurry guys!!!" Ayumi yells excitedly.

Nakajima-kun and I walk awkwardly beside each other as Ayumi skips ahead and reaches our door.
 
Yuto's POV:

Now sitting inside Hinata-san & her friend's apartment,  we sit in silence as her friend keeps talking.

"Omigod, isn't it so weird how after we meet today we happen to live beside each other?!! Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. Im Ayumi Satou, and well, I see you remember Hinata," she says, winking at me.

I feel the blood rush to my cheeks.

'Oh no, I bet I'm bright red right now,' I think.

'Does she know that I've been thinking about Hinata-san? What if she can read minds!!! What will I do, oh no..' My mind begins to run away with me. 

Ayumi-san walks over to me and whispers in my ear,

"Hey Yuto ku~~n, I know you like Hinata <3" she sings.

My jaw drops down.

"What? No,no, no I really don't, Ayumi-san. I already have a gi~" I start to say but is cut off when she puts her hand on my mouth.

"Hey Hinata, I'm gonna go buy somethings in the convienience store" Ayumi-san says.

"Oh ok. While you're there, can you buy some soy sauce too.? I forgot to buy it before," Hinata-san yells from the kitchen, where she's slicing pieces of the cake. 

Ayumi-san  looks my way and winks. 

"Yuto-kun~~ I can take a hint, you know! I'll leave you two lovebirds alone kay?!" Ayumi-san says. "Have fun~"

"But I~" I start to say, but before I finish I hear the door close. 

Now sitting in awkward silence I start to tense.
I see Hinata-san come out with a tray with two pieces of strawberry cake on it.
She's wearing an oversized T-shirt and a pair of shorts, showing off her long legs.
I try not to get a nosebleed.
She puts a cake in front of me.

"I
 don't know if this will fit your taste but.." she trails on. 

"No, it's fine, I like cake!" I tell her. 

"Omg, that's good because, well, Ayumi hates sweets even though she buys them just because she likes the shape of them, so in the end I have to eat loads of the cake she brings back home!! I was worried you also don't like cake !!" Hinata says. 

"Hahaha, that's so weird !!! Why would someone who hates sweets bring back cakes?" I start laughing.

Hinata-san giggles, and I can't help noticing how cute her laugh is. 

"I know, it is really weird but that's just how she is," she answers.

I look into her eyes, and she looks into mine. After about a 5 second pause, we both burst into laughter.
 

Hinata's POV

Why do I feel so comfortable with Nakajima-kun?
Right now we are alone in a room together but I don't feel one bit out of place.
The way he laughs is so cute.
I feel like I am being pulled in.
Nakajima-kun is laughing so hard right now that I cant help but laugh along with him.
Now, because of him I am clutching my stomach and rolling on the floor.
This is such a peaceful moment....

~~~~10 minutes later~~~~

"Oww, my stomach," I say.

"Well, we have been laughing for 10 minutes straight," Nakajima-kun answers.

"I know! And I can't even remember why I was laughing," I say.

"Me too," says Yuto.

"I think we should just eat our cakes."

"Ya, we should."

For a few minutes, we eat in silence.

"Sooo... Nakajima-kun since we're neighbours now, I guess we'll be seeing alot of each other," I say, trying to break the silence.

"Ya, that's true. I guess we should be using this time now to get to know each other better," Nakajima-kun says.

"That's true....then do you wanna play a game?" I ask, expecting to hear a no.

"Sure! What kind of game is it ?" he replies.

"It's not really a game, it's just doing question and answer," I explain.

"Ok then, let's play!  I'll start! Ummm...then...how about...oh! I got it! When is your birthday?" he asks.

"August 10th," I answer.

"Wow! What a coincidence! Mine is August 10th, too!!!" he answers with a look of pure surprise on his face.

I laugh a little.

"Hey, why are you laughing?" Nakajima-kun asks.

"No, it's just that your like an open book! Your emotions show on your face and its so easy to read," I say, trying not to laugh.

Nakajima-kun turns red.
Wow, he really is an open book.
I start to laugh again.

"Hey, it's not funny," he says as he pretends to tackle me.

"Kyaaa!! Nakajima-kun is ually harrassing me!!" I yell playfully.

We both laugh.

"Hey, Hinata-san, I've been noticing that you call me Nakajima-kun. Since we're both Nakajima, it'll be confusing, so just call me Yuto," Nakajima-kun says, looking down.

"Ok Yu~to," I say as seductively as possible, "Then you have to call me Hinata."

He blushes.

"Haha, see I told you! You're an open book," I say, laughing.

"You're so mean, Hinata-sa~ I mean Hinata," he says, as he turns a brighter shade of red.

I giggle.
Yuto is such a funny person.
This is the first time I've met someone like him.

"Hey Yuto, you wanna watch tv?" I ask.

"Ya, sure," he answers.

I turn on the tv and go sit beside Yuto since he was sitting directly across from the tv.
After a few minutes, I find myself dozing off.
My head drops down on something soft.
I allow myself to give in to slumber.

Yuto's POV:

Suddenly I feel weight on my left shoulder.
Looking down, I see that is is Hinata.
She had fallen asleep and leaned against my shoulder.
My face red, I watch her silently as she sleeps.
Her sleeping face is so cute, I think.
Afraid of waking her up, I try not to move.
10 minutes pass and my eyelids begin to feel heavy.

And then everything goes blank.

 

Ayumi's POV:

It's been almost 2 hours after I left the house.

'I wonder how the 2 lovebirds are doing?' I ask myself.

Then out in the distance I see a beautiful boy.
His eyes are glistening under the moonlight.
It is somewhat a familiar feel.
I squint my eyes to get a better look.
And then my eyes widen.
It is DAIKI ARIOKA.
I run to him as fast as my feet can take me.

"Hi, Arioka-kun," I chirp.

"Oh, hey Ayumi-chan! Why are you here? Where's Hinata?" Arioka-kun asks me.

"Oh, well, it turns out that Yuto-kun lives beside us and they looked like they needed alone time, so I left them alone!!
Aren't I such a good friend?!! It'll be great if they get together!" I say excitedly .

Daiki's POV:

I can't believe my ears!!
Yuto living next door to them, and Hinata- the girl I love - being alone with him!!
What will I do if she falls in love with Yuto?!
I have to go, I have to go save Hinata..
I run with all my might, ignoring Ayumi-san who is yelling behind me.
Finally, I reach Hinata's apartment.
I run up the stairs, too impatient to wait for the elevator .
I knock on her door but there is no answer.
I try the handle and the door opens.
I run inside panting, and then I look through the rooms but find Hinata no where.
I go into the living room where the tv is on but no lights.
I walk in further.

"Hinata? Are you in here?" I call out.

Then I stop in my tracks.
Yuto and Hinata are sleeping together on the couch; both leaning against each other. My jaws drop and I freeze up...