Thirteen

Corrupt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I pulled my shirt collar open and loosened my tie before pacing down the hallway and following the signs to the garden area. My fingers grasped the packet of cigarettes that sat in my pocket. To say today had been stressful was an understatement. The court case had been determined from the second I had stepped in, there was too much evidence to deny my managers actions. But even seeing his face again has sent chills down my spine and a pang of fear had run through me. Seungri had merely squeezed my hand and gone to sit in the witness box with Youngbae.

 

There were images of me on his phone which had been found. Some from when I was relatively young - fifteen maybe. I still remembered the day that photo had been taken, it was after he had me for the first time.

 

I lit the cigarette up and brought it to my lips.

 

He had looked so intimidating, even in handcuffs, surrounded by police. I had quivered under his gaze. He hadn't even tried to defend himself, he knew he was beaten. When standing in the box, I had stuttered and mumbled under every bodies gaze. But once I had told my story, from start to finish without being interrupted an immense feeling or relief overcame me.

 

It was over. I looked over the court yard and watched a pair of law students hurrying across the yard.

 

My manager had been sentenced thirteen years. Seven for the , four of which was for me being legally a child when it first happened, and a further six  for the abuse I had suffered for nearly twelve years.

 

I took a drag and tapped the end of ash of my cigarette.


“Hey” it was Youngbae and I smiled before moving along the step to make room for him. He sat next to me and looked out with me. “You okay?” he asked kindly. I curtly nodded and rested my head on his shoulder. He, in turn, wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer. “No your not, and I don't see why you should be alright” I sighed, realising that this was Youngbae, my best friend, he knew me better than I knew myself. I took another puff of the cigarette before resting it between middle and forefinger.

 

Tears welled up in my eyes and I buried my face in Youngbae’s chest. “Hey sweetie, it’s alright” he whispered “He’s never going to hurt you ever again.” I just nodded and wallowed in his comfort. There were foot steps behind us and I turned around to see Seungri looking worried as he paced outside of the building. His gaze softened when he saw us.

 

“Ji, hey – are you okay?” I wiped the tears away and stamped the cigarette out before holding my other arm out.

 

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine.” Seungri joined me on the step and immediately pressed a kiss to my forehead.

 

“You did amazing in there you know?” I smiled softly and slid my fingers through his before looking across the court yard silently.

 

“So, have you two sorted things out?” Youngbae suddenly asked. I looked up at the comment.

 

“What do you mean?” Seungri asked innocently.

 

“You know” Youngbae wiggled his eyebrows and made a weird hand movement.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter