Uh oh

Where Are You Now (that I need you)?

 

 

 

“Good evening, Miss Lu.”

 

 

Luhan turned around to find a young man with a gorgeous smile gracing his face walking up to her with a glass of champagne in his hand. She offered a polite smile and a nod of acknowledgement which was returned gracefully by the young man.

 

 

 

“Good evening, Mr. Kim,” she greeted.

 

 

“You look stunning as always.”

 

 

“Oh you’re too flattering. I should say the same to you too. All eyes are on you,” Luhan spoke truthfully as she eyed many envious women looking at them from the sides.

Mr. Kim chuckled heartily and huffed, “All eyes are on you. Do you think the great Oh Sehun will let just anyone accompany him to this kind of event as his partner? Every heiress here wants to be in your position. You know how Sehun is a lady-killer without uttering a single word.”

 

 

Luhan nodded her head in thoughts. Suho had a point here.
Everyone wants to have Sehun not only because he is a fine-looking young man, he is also the most eligible bachelor in South Korea. Who wouldn’t want that type of man?

 

 

“But you are also a man with a thousand of qualities, Mr. Kim. No one can resist your charms.”

 

 

Suho looked quite happy with the praise he was receiving and stirred the content of his glass carefully. “If Sehun is here, he might be pretty angry.” He shoved a hand to his pocket. “His precious Luhan is talking to another man aside from himself; I bet he will pull out investments from KK Industries if he sees us.”

 

 

 

Kim Suho is the current COO for KK industries, helping out his father and controlling the company from the sides as he tackle business ventures with international business partners. His pale yet alluring face had captured many hearts, from the employees who’s working for him to high-class women from prestigious backgrounds. He has girls running after him. Still, no one can defeat Luhan’s beauty, he thought.

 

 

Oh Sehun is one lucky guy.

Getting a secretary that looks like a goddess, with a great attitude accompanied with intelligence on par as company executives and one that speak with utmost sincerity and respect is pretty rare these days. The only thing that Suho regretted until this day is going to England to continue his further studies. He should have stayed here and went to the same university as Sehun and Chanyeol. Maybe that way he would have found Luhan sooner and maybe Luhan would be his secretary.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you guys doing here? Together?”

 

“Hi, Sehun. Long time no see.”

 

“I thought you brought your own partner here, Suho. There’s no need to take someone else’s and leave your partner behind, am I right?” Sehun’s voice was flat and emotionless as he spoke with an almost inaudible voice but Suho could hear him and feel the threat coming from the younger’s words. Well, Luhan didn’t seem to hear Sehun’s remark.

 

 

Luhan looked surprised to see her boss’ sudden appearance. “I thought you went to find some sodas?”

Immediately, the young CEO’s face turned brighter and faced his secretary with a goofy smile. “They said they don’t serve that kind of drink in this place. I should probably buy a pack in seven eleven or circle k.”

 

“Childish,” she murmured.

 

 

 

“Luhan!”

The three of them turned around to find Grandpa Oh waving his hands in the air, asking the said girl to come over.

Luhan excused herself from the two young men as Grandpa Oh had called her over to introduce her to his work partners.

 

 

Suho and Sehun had watched intently as Luhan made her way to the end of the ballroom and caught everyone’s attention just by her presence.

“You’re very great at acting, kid. Mean and cruel in front of others, sweet and adorable just for your lovely partner.”

 

 

Sehun gazed lazily at Suho, cocking his head to the side in a mocking manner. “You’re the better actor. Since when do you use baits to attract girls?”

 

 

The older laughed loudly at that. “I know Luhan is yours. Heck, everyone knows that. I just thought that I could at least have my chance to woo her.”

 

 

The young Oh had quirked an eyebrow and smirked, “I hope that you don’t forget that you’re already engaged, Suho hyung.” It’s been years since the two last met but the competition against each other is still on, sort of a friendly match.

 

 

“You ruined the fun,” Suho had said with a slight pout.

 

 

“Ungrateful bastard,” Sehun muttered in disdain while clicking his tongue. “Be grateful that the old man is letting his one and only daughter just for you. And for your information, he pampered his daughter with the best things in this world. She’s also pretty and smart, unlike you. She even flew all the way from China just to attend this for your sorry . Consider yourself blessed.”

 

 

“We may have not been in contact for a few years but you haven’t missed a single rumor about me. And you are supposed to be on my side, Sehun! Who still gets engaged by their parents in this modern era anyway?”

 

 

“I do,” a voice piped in.

 

 

There is no one else that owns that deep, velvety voice other than…

 

“Chanyeol, my man. How have you been?” Suho said and embraced the tall guy with a tight hug. Chanyeol returned the long hug excitedly and rocked both of them back and forth. Sehun could only roll his eyes at the two grown man in front of him who act like 5-year-olds.

 

 

“Suho hyung, I miss you so so so so so much! My one and only friend here is Sehun and he neglects me all the time. He never talks to me anymore!”

 

 

“You’re just annoying,” Sehun had stated simply. “And unlike someone, I am a very busy man.”

 

 

Chanyeol pouted like a kicked puppy and hid himself behind Suho. It had been a year or two since they graduated university, almost a decade since the start of their friendship during highschool but some things never change with the course of time.

“When did you get back from England, hyung?” Sehun asked Suho to divert the attention.

 

 

“2 days ago. My father wants me to get accustomed to the company and stuff. Well, not to mention to settle down as quickly as possible.” Suho sighed loudly and Chanyeol couldn’t stop himself from wondering out loud.

 

 

“I thought you’re engaged to the heiress of Zhang Enterprise?”

 

 

“That’s the point. My dad wants me to get married so that the companies can merge already and I don’t really like the idea of getting tied down with a woman I don’t even know.”

 

 

Sehun frowned. “Do you think she wants to get married to you? She’s young and beautiful. There are a lot of things she can do at her young age, a lot of good-looking men who would ask her hand in marriage and she could just have fun with all the money she has. But do you find her complaining about all this? I don’t think so.”

 

 

Suho seemed to ponder about it guiltily and Chanyeol gave a thumbs-up to Sehun in discreet. The eldest from the three of them seemed to realize something.

“Wait. Chanyeol, aren’t you also engaged?”

 

 

Chanyeol’s grin widened and his smile resembled a kid on Christmas day. “You are correct, my hyung. I am now happily engaged with my soon-to-be bride.”

 

 

“I thought you were arranged by your parents? Didn’t you object to it?” Suho questioned.

 

 

“I did try to object but my parents have the power so what can I do? But I found myself falling for my fiancé every single day. I used to hate her but then, as I think about it, she didn’t want to be with me in the first place too so both of us had something in common. In the end we just took advantage of the whole engagement thingy and use it as a practice for dating lessons. One thing led to another, I fell in love.” Chanyeol sighed dreamily and a smile crept up his lips.

Sehun shook his head and murmured, “He’s so whipped”.

 

 

A lady wearing a bright red dress walked elegantly across the ballroom, greeting other guests she passed by with a smile. Her cherry red lips were in contrast with her pale skin that complemented her beauty. She looked young and lively but everyone knew not to mess with her knowing her background. Who else would have the backing of one of the most well-known law firm in South Korea?

She managed to spot the person she’s looking for and moved forward.

 

 

“Good evening,” she spoke with a soft voice.

 

 

Sehun, Suho and Chanyeol turned their heads simultaneously to find Byun Baekhyun waving her hand timidly at them. Sehun swore he heard Chanyeol squealed like a teenage girl and crushed the said girl in a tight hug.

 

“I missed you so freaking much!”

 

 

“It hasn’t been 15 minutes, yeol.”

 

 

“I still miss you nonetheless. I can’t be apart from you for that long.”

 

 

“Cheesy goofball.”

 

 

“Only for you.”

 

 

Sehun and Suho stared at each other for what feels like an eternity and faked cough a few times to break the hugging couple but remained unheard. The couple was murmuring something to each other and giggled at their own inside joke.

 

“I feel lonely all of the sudden and disgusted at the same time,” Sehun confessed.

 

“So am I.”

 

 

Chanyeol introduced his fiancé, Baekhyun, to his two close friends. The story telling starts from where they first met ( at a restaurant, quite typical for a family meeting ), how their first meeting went ( Baekhyun poured a glass of red wine on the tall giant’s head ), and how their engagement party turned into a huge chaos with their pet dogs running across the room and knocked almost all their guests over.

 

In the end, Sehun made a conclusion that he likes Baekhyun. He had heard rumors regarding her ill manners and personality but all of them turned out to be quite the total opposite. She doesn’t talk bad about anyone or anything, she has her own proportion of dignity and respect, she’s humorous and made sure people are comfortable with the conversation, and most of all, she truly loved Chanyeol. That’s the most important aspect that Sehun counted. The way they stare at each other, the way they share the same sentiment, the way they smile at each other was unmistakable.

 

 

 

And Sehun wondered if he could ever have a relationship like that.

 

 

 

“Luhan!”

Baekhyun’s excited squeak woke Sehun up from his own thoughts. Right when he was trying to question Baekhyun’s sudden change in demeanor, Sehun felt a slender hand slipped right beneath his elbow, linking their arms together.

 

 

“You should really stop acting lovey-dovey, Baek. Some people are still single you know,” said the person who was standing next to Sehun.

 

 

“You don’t look single though.” Baekhyun wiggled her eyebrows suggestively at the linked arms. Luhan rolled her eyes, “he’s my boss and my partner for the night. Be professional.”


Sehun was trying his best not to let his feelings show. Did she even know that even the slightest skinship could cause his hearbeat rate to soar?

Aside from that, Suho and Sehun were also beyond confused with the whole conversation. How the hell does Baekhyun know Luhan? How the hell does Luhan know the soon-to-be owner of a renowned law firm? Why is Chanyeol not surprised at all? What is going on?

“What is going on?” Sehun voiced out his thoughts.

 

 

“I’ll tell you later. But first, we have a more urgent matter, your mother is here. Play along.” Luhan whispered to Sehun but the whole group had listened to her as well.

 

True to her words, a familiar middle-aged lady wearing an all black evening dress had entered the venue with a permanent smirk on her lips, clutching a small purse in her hand. The guests seemed surprised to see her as well as she rarely made a public appearance.

 

 

 

“Oh .” The three men murmured simultaneously.

 

 

 

“Yes, oh indeed.”

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

after a thousand year of no update, im finally back...

i feel dissapointed with this chapter but oh well

 

i got chanbaek feels these days... please welcome Baekhyun, chanyeol, and suho

I wanna thank all of you who had subscribed, upvoted and commented to this story, you dont know how happy i felt. And also to cathe for encouraging me to write and to someone special who always made me realize my inner chanbaek fangirl every single day.

p.s how do i put images for the chapter image? someone help meeeee