Second

Where Are You Now (that I need you)?

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sehun…”

 

 

 

 


“Before you say anything, I would like to tell you that I’ve got all those scenario planned for quite some time and it should only be used as a wild card when the situation is right and your friends were just being jerks right there so I thought it was the perfect timing. To my defense, assuring them that we have a tight relationship as being engaged will be good enough to stop their foul mouths before I start doing something unimaginably ruthless. You know how I roll with these people. Besides, they now believe that you have power as the fiancé of Oh Corp’s CEO and no one will dare to say that we are in a fake relationship or do anything bad to you. Now you may speak out your mind.” Sehun said in one breath. He is ready to face her wrath now after the long explanation.

 

 

 

 

Luhan’s class reunion turned out into a chaos. Her old classmates were ecstatic about the news and a lot of them suddenly treated her very nicely now that they knew who she is, or rather who her companion is. Jinyoung seemed to be lost in his own thoughts the whole night and his girlfriend didn’t even speak a word after the sudden revelation from none other than CEO Oh. It’s a good thing that Sehun decided to ‘kidnap’ Luhan away from the small party and take her home after sensing her discomfort being crowded by those people.

 

 

 

Luhan looked at the male with tiredness, “I was just worried that it’ll affect your work and business, I’m not mad.”

Her voice was slightly above a whisper and the exhaustion is audible enough for Sehun to hear. The male was quite surprised that Luhan wasn’t lashing out like last time when he did something out from their agreed terms which happened in China. The car ride was silent for some moment as the male had a hard time forming words and Luhan didn’t seem interested in continuing with the topic. Sehun spared a look to see his secretary gazing blankly at nothing in particular and yawning not long after that.

 

 

 

 

“You can rest first, I’ll wake you up when we get home,” Sehun offered as he had his hands on the wheel, eyes starring off a distance ahead.

 

 

Luhan nodded silently and closed her heavy eyelids, leaning back to the comfortable seat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The gates to Oh Sehun’s mansion opened widely as the black sedan drove smoothly into the area. Sure Sehun never hired maids or butlers to tend his needs inside the house but he did employ some number of skilled men to watch over his living territory ever since Luhan started living with him as in term of security. They will keep the perimeter safe and filter anyone who would try to enter the residence. After passing the long driveway, the car arrived in front of the main door and somewhat a foyer where a few people in black suits were already waiting, welcoming the owner by the front door.

 

 

 

 

Luhan was deeply asleep and Sehun would never wake her from her needed slumber. So he got out of the car, made his way to the other side of the Mercedes and opened Luhan’s door as slowly as possible. The girl didn’t budge as the seatbelt was holding her back. After removing the seatbelt, Sehun had a hand wrapped around her upper body and the other under her knees, carrying her bridal style out from the car. The guards rushed towards the entrance to open the door for the young master while the rest busied themselves by transferring the expensive vehicle to the garage.

 

 

 

“Why are you so light?” Sehun had asked in a hushed tone to the sleeping girl while carrying her up the winding staircase to the second floor. The house is now empty save for the two and Sehun slowly walked towards his own bedroom with stealth, trying his best not to create any noise. Once inside, Luhan was gently laid on top of the king-sized bed, still deep in slumber.

Sehun couldn’t take his eyes off from his ‘girlfriend’ and sat at the edge of his bed. If Luhan was awake, she would deadpan say that the guy’s stare is creepy as he continued gazing without a care.

 

 

 

“Why are there dark circles under your eyes?” the man asked again to no one in particular as he softly traced the said area on her delicate face with his thumb. He sighed, both in annoyance and pity, conjuring a plan to make sure no one dares lay a finger on his beloved.

 

 

 

It was way past midnight and the young CEO couldn’t find himself falling asleep with the usual erratic beating of his heart whenever Luhan is in less than a meter in radius. It’s been years but Sehun wonders when his heart would get used to the jittery feeling and began calculating when his body would stop reacting as if they had just fallen in love like day one. And there he was, lying on one side of the bed, body turned at the perfect angle to see the girl he’s head over heels with. Somehow Luhan had also her side so they were facing each other on the bed.

 

The heavy sleeper she is, Luhan didn’t wake up even when Sehun played with her fingers and combed her loose locks. Call him a psychotic stalker and he won’t give a single damn. He had been dreaming for this to happen for the last few years and no one will be able to stop it.

 

 

But, when Sehun was in the middle of his own thoughts on how to destroy the people who had hurt Luhan, a tiny whimper broke him from his reverie. Alert, Sehun immediately moved closer to the girl, trying to see if anything is wrong and noticing a frown on her face right after that. A lone tear escaped from Luhan’s closed eyelids and a quivered sob managed to scare the living daylight of the young man.

 

“Ma… Don’t leave.”

 

 

 

Sehun immediately softened.

He brushed away the tears carefully, palm resting on her damp cheek. She was shaking even in her sleep and Sehun found it heartbreaking to know that Luhan must have kept all of the sadness to herself. He had heard that Luhan’s mother had passed away since she was a kid so Sehun never really asked about her family again ever since.

 

 

“Luhan wake up…” Sehun whispered gently and thumbs caressing ever so slowly to not scare her. He then noticed the pooling sweat on her forehead and wiped it away.

 

 

Luhan’s eyes shot open in fear after a few nudges from the young male, lips quivering and her breathing uneven as if she had ran a marathon with chest heaving up and down harshly. Her eyes darted everywhere quickly, scanning the area and stopped when her eyes met with the warmest pair of brown orbs she had always remembered.

 

 

“You were having a nightmare,” Sehun offered a lopsided smile while wiping the remaining tears away.

 

 

 

 

 

“ was I crying again?”

 

 

 

 

 

The CEO nodded, “are you okay?”

 

 

 

 

Luhan’s eyes were blank, void of emotion as she stared at the man in front of her. They were still in that same position, lying on the bed facing each other with so much intensity.

 

Whenever she had a bad day or depressing thoughts, she would dream about the past which were engraved into the deepest part of her heart, be it the good ones or the traumatizing ones. And this time, it’s her late mother. Usually when she’s in slumber, it would be a dream-less sleep where she’ll wake just fine. But tonight, after meeting the people who had ruined her teenage years, Luhan is way more than depressed hence triggering her memories again. And to be honest, she’s not fine.

 

 

“If I were to lie, I would say I’m completely okay.” Luhan murmured, head pounding painfully.

 

 

 

 

The male nodded and waited for her to calm down. “You were calling out for your mother in your sleep.” The way he had said it so tenderly made Luhan a little nostalgic.

 

 

 

 

“I know,” the girl rasped. “I saw her dying again for the thousandth time since her passing. I don’t know if I can bear it anymore.”

 

 

 

The room was silent and Sehun knew she’s finally going to share the burden she had kept for so damn long so he waited patiently for her to open up. She needs all the time and support she can get and Oh Sehun is more than willing to give her everything.

 

“My mom died a few days after my tenth birthday.” She started.  “My father didn’t show a single emotion when she passed, not a single sob or cry was heard. She was the only person who would love me sincerely, protect me from harm, and cares for me. And by the age of ten I was completely lost. The only light I had in my entire life suddenly disappeared and I felt trapped with no way out, no breathing hole. My dad, he wasn’t the best guy out there. The gambles, the alcohols, those two weren’t the best combination since he always had the shortest temper. And I was always at the receiving end of his wrath. That time I finally knew why my mom died and why she always applied excessive make-ups to cover the wounds and bruises. The only person I could rely on was my mom and when she left… I… felt alone.”

 

 

A suppressed sob finally escaped her lips and Sehun moved forward, shortening their distance and making sure Luhan is safe in his arms. Luhan welcomed the embrace as she rested her head on the male’s shoulder for support.

 

 

 

“I’m just so tired, Sehun. I just wanted a fresh peaceful new life in Korea, why do they have to ruin everything for me? All I wanted to do is forget the past so why are they doing the complete opposite? Am I that worthless? Am I that easy to hate?”

 

 

 

Sehun listened to the painful cry and patted her back at a rhythmical pace, shushing the girl in a whisper as a sign of comfort. Everything starts to click there for Sehun. ‘They’ were the high school friends that happened to hurt her mentally, ‘dad’ was the person who caused her misery and trauma, and when ‘mom’ died, that was the motivation for her to move out from China and start anew in a different country.

 

 

“It’s okay, everything will be fine. I’m here for you, remember? I am and will always be standing next to you no matter what. That is a promise.” Sehun said confidently.

 

 

 

Luhan must have felt rejected all her life without any support and that clenched Sehun’s heart just by the thought of it. His Luhan should never feel like that, she is the nicest person in the world, the kindest of them all and Sehun wonders why people hated her so much. She’s innocent and should never be hurt in any way.

 

“I’ll be the one for you from now. I’ll be the one who protects you, care for you and love you. I promise.” Sehun said as he pulled away from the hug, stared at Luhan’s beady doe eyes and decided to finally make a move.

 

 

 

 

“Let’s date, Luhan.” The CEO said in a firm tone. “For real.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The place was eerily silent save for the sniffles.

 

 

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Of course Luhan would be bewildered. Who wouldn’t actually?

“I’m not asking you to marry me or any other drastic stuff. I want us to be dating for real, no more pretending, no more lies or made-up scenarios. I know this is so sudden and all but I need you to trust me. You’ve been hurt before and I believe you will have a hard time trusting others after what you’ve been through. You could have gone through hell and you would never tell me anything about it but give me a chance. I want to show you that you are worth every single thing in the world, that you’re perfect and you deserve the best. I want you to feel the love that you have been missing so please give me the chance to do it. I may not know how dating really works but what I do know is that I can love you unconditionally. I love you Luhan, more than you could imagine.”

 

 

 

Luhan, who had stopped crying a few minutes ago, felt her eyes pricking again. What on earth is going on in here?

 

 

 

 

 

“Am I too forward?” The young Oh had asked in a bitter chuckle when he saw the tears. “Should I ask properly tomorrow morning?”

 

 

 

 

 

The secretary shook her head, hiccupping uncontrallably.

 

 

 

 

 

“Luhan, give us a chance. Let me be the one who listen to all of your complaints, naggings, frustration, and bottled up feelings. I may not know how you feel right now, I mean, about us but let’s just try. What do you say?”

 

 

 

 

If it weren’t for the tiredness, Luhan would have smacked the male by the back of his head and choke him to death. All this time she had been harboring feelings for him and now he’s asking her to be his girlfriend? Luhan is always careful in what she say and do around her crush, trying her best not to let her feelings show and always kept the feelings to herself. And now, Luhan wanted to hit Sehun for being the main distraction in her life and causing much frustration for the last few years but never knowing the man himself loves her. Its complicated.

 

 

 

 

 

But in the end, Luhan couldn’t stop crying and ended up nodding to his request instead.

 

 

 

Sehun held both of her cheeks affectionately and connected their foreheads while smiling. “Thank you. I may not be the best lover who knows what’s going on inside your brain but I will love you the best with all my heart. Are you okay with that?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why are you so damn cheesy? I hate you,” Luhan managed to say between hiccups, the pent up emotion finally out and relieved evident in her voice.

 

 

 

“I’ll take that as a yes,” the male said with a cheeky grin as he shorten the gap and claimed her lips. Sehun could taste the saltiness of her tears but that’s really fine because finally he can feel the plump lips he had longed for. Sehun had never felt so content in his entire life, not even when he had conquered difficult business tasks. Luhan is above all that. The kiss was full of frustration (more on Luhan’s side), untold feelings and just pure bliss and pleasure. The last time they did it was spur-of-the-moment action and lasted only a few seconds before they part. This time Sehun won’t back down so easily because he finally got her, for real.

As Sehun angled his head for better access, Luhan accepted the kiss as if she was craving for it. She then realized how much she actually missed those lips, how it managed to make her feel on cloud nine and how those same lips could make her forget about everything and anything.

 

 

The young Oh was going at a leisure pace, making sure that his now official girlfriend (dammit its about time!) comfortable. It may not be their first kiss but it sure does feel like one.

 

Both of them parted for a moment, catching some breath. Sehun's lips were hovering over Luhan's and they shared a meanigful eye contact before Sehun dived in for another kiss and they both closed their eyes when their lips reconnect. His hands are now settled on her hips while Luhan's arms were around the male's neck. Their lips lock and really, the world was long forgotten. 

 

 

 

 

And Luhan hopes this wasn’t just fragments of her dream.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__

 

okey 2.5k of pure and word vomit. i made the first paragraph on early october one fine day and never to open the file after a month dammit school got me going crazy. im really sorry for the lack of update i hope this made up for it. im not sure if this is good enough but i tried

 

i thank all of you who had been patiently waiting and never giving up on me! i love all of you and could never thank you guys enough! i hope i can update the next chapter faster.... thank you for reading!