Present and Past

Where Are You Now (that I need you)?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I like the blue ones.”

 

 

 

 

“Me too.”

 

 

 

 

“But I also like the cute picture on the red ones.”

 

 

 

 

“Let’s get both colors then!” Sehun said exasperatedly.

 

 

 

“It’s freaking expensive, just take one pair and we’ll get out of here.” Luhan replied.

There is one thing about Luhan that always made Sehun amazed, her ability to make him fall even deeper every single day.

 

 

The secretary had always been a very indecisive person and Sehun is rather amused than upset that they have been walking around in the same store for more than half an hour with Luhan’s frequent changing in mind about what to buy. Their mission is just to visit this particular couple store in mall and pick some couple stuffs to support their ongoing play of being in a relationship. But it seems that Luhan is really taking this very seriously as she contemplated about the prices and graphics on the T-shirts.

“Lu, for the love of pancakes, can we just bring everything to the counter and get lunch?” Sehun offered.

 

 

 

Luhan pouted at her boss and then looked back at the red and blue T-shirts in her hands. “But it’s expensive… We also bought the matching hats and keychains… This is gonna cost a lot.”

 

 

Sehun chuckled lightly. “I can buy this whole mall if I want to. If you want, you just need to tell me and this mall will be yours.”

 

 

 

Luhan stared wide eyed at her boss and then back again to the stacks of stuff inside the basket. Well, this amount of items won’t matter for the filthy rich Oh Sehun. She huffed and dropped the red and blue couple T-shirts into the basket and strutted towards the queuing line towards the cashier. Sehun followed suit while hiding a -eating grin and shoved his hand in his pocket.

 

 

Today is a Saturday and CEO Oh Sehun thinks he had enough of those stupid work related papers and decided to have a free time for once. (He had done his job perfectly anyway. If he decided not to go to work for the next five months, it still won’t make a difference because Sehun is a perfectionist and all the tasks had been finished beforehand). Luhan was even dragged away from her work cubicle and forced to accompany him for some shopping spree.

 

 

 

“Why do I have to come along?” Luhan mumbled lazily, knowing very well that Sehun is standing right behind her in the queuing line.

 

 

 

 

“Because if I ended up buying everything in this store, you’ll be upset and won’t talk to me for the rest of the week for spending too much money on unnecessary stuff.”

 

 

 

The secretary huffed tiredly and Sehun knew he won the argument.
After purchasing the items, the duo walked out of the store and began looking for a place to eat. Sehun took the initiative to take Luhan’s hand into his larger ones.

Luhan looked up, silently asking why Sehun suddenly decided to hold hands. The guy smiled at her before tightening his hold on his current girlfriend.
“Chanyeol said that we still need to pretend outside working areas and mall is included in public areas.”

 

“Fine,” Luhan replied weakly, feeling the familiar jitters throughout her body whenever Oh Sehun did something unexpected and unimaginable that could make her heartbeat fasten. With fingers intertwined, both of them strolled lazily towards the food court area.

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

It was around 4 AM in the morning and Sehun silently tiptoed himself out from his bedroom, holding a coat in his hand tightly and hoping not to create the slightest sound. Even though waking up at an ungodly hour, Sehun was already ready for the day with his hair pushed back and body adorned with a white dress shirt that looked too good on him. Walking down the staircase is easy as it was carpeted. Slowly but surely, Sehun made his way towards the front door where he had placed his suitcase.

 

 

 

“Where are you going?”

 

 

 

Sehun froze in his steps and widen his eyes. He had absolutely no idea that Luhan had been sitting on one of his sofas and monitoring his every step like a mother hen.

 

 

 

“Oh hey… I was going for a morning walk. You know, health is number one and I was just getting ready for a run. I’m in need of an exercise so why not run? So yeah…”

 

 

 

“Why are you going on an exercise with a buttoned down shirt and a coat?”

 

 

 

Sehun knew he sounds awkward and stupid, also Luhan doesn’t seem she’s buying any of his lies. Escaping seems easier when Luhan isn't living in the same house.

 

“I’m going to work right after that…” Sehun replied.

 

 

 

“Today’s Sunday, Sehun. The office isn’t open on Sunday.” Luhan said as she crossed her arms.

 

 

 

 

Sehun rubbed his temples, trying to find a logical answer to that.

“I’m working with a friend and we’ll meet up at a coffee shop, not the office.”

 

 

 

Luhan seemed to ponder about it and smirked at Sehun, trying her best to hold the laughter bubbling inside. “Are you really trying to lie to me? I could see your suitcase in the hallway from here.” She stood up from her position on the sofa, pointed towards the end of the hallway where the luggage was and walked towards Sehun. “And I read the memo you stuck on the fridge. A 7 AM flight to Beijing huh?”

 

 

And so, Sehun gave up. Maybe he shouldn’t have left a note for Luhan and just leave without a trace.

 

 

“Why are you awake this early?” Sehun asked out of concern. “Are you getting ready to catch me in action?”

 

 

 

“Well, since I’m Oh Sehun’s secretary, I should go to this business trip right?”

 

 

 

Sehun immediately frowned at the reply. “You’re not going anywhere, Luhan.”

 

 

 

“Says who?” Luhan countered back with annoyance. Sehun had kept all his trips a secret from her and she’s not taking a no for an answer. “Do you have someone or something you’re hiding from me?”

 

The stare down between the two seems a bit tense as Sehun was unwilling to let Luhan come with him while Luhan is not going to back down. Sehun had billions of reasons to why Luhan shouldn’t come with him in this trip but the puppy eyes are making his defense crack and saying no to Luhan is like killing himself slowly.

 

 

 

 

“And besides, I’m a native. I speak the language better than you.”

 

 

After another minute of staring at each other, Sehun finally changed his mind.

 

“Fine, you can come.”

 

 

 

Luhan smiled, “You should have said that minutes ago. Come on, we are wasting time!” She pulled Sehun out towards the door and forced him to wear his coat. It looks like Luhan had prepared herself from the night before and hid her own suitcase behind Sehun’s. Luhan was already wearing a soft pink sweater and a pair of ripped jeans, ready to go any time. Sehun scoffed at that before walking out from the mansion, suitcase in tow. This isn't going to end well.

 

 

 

The journey to the airport was completely silent and Sehun didn’t even speak a single word. Actually Luhan is worried if she had hurt his feelings or anything to earn the silent treatment. Maybe she hit a sensitive spot? Or maybe she went overboard? Whatever it is, Sehun isn't going to speak any time sooner. As soon as they arrived at the airport, Sehun wordlessly went to the flight counter to check in, leaving Luhan alone at the sides. Even when they were in the waiting room, Sehun sat down five seats away from the said girl. That’s when Luhan decided to just ask and gather all her courage to converse with the male. Sehun was wearing a pair of shades and Luhan found it even more difficult to read his expression. She inched closer and closer until she sat exactly right next to him, shoulders touching.

 

“Are you mad?”

 

 

 

 

“No.”

 

 

 

 

“You are…”

 

 

 

 

“I told you I’m not.” Sehun said with a sigh, taking off his pair of shades, looking ahead as if nothing's wrong.

 

 

 

 

“But you’re not talking to me. And whenever you start doing like that, you’re usually mad. You can’t even look at me in the eye…”

 

 

 

Trying to prove Luhan wrong, Sehun turned his head and his brown orbs stared right at her own. “I’m not mad, Lu. I’m just… worried.”

 

 

 

“What are you worried about? You can always tell me.”

 

Luhan was patiently waiting for an answer and Sehun took that as a cue for him to continue. “I have many things to worry about but my main concern is you. You’re scared of heights, Lu. I've been researching on Acrophobia and I know the worst possibilities. What if you start having a breakdown in the middle of the flight? What if you can’t stand being a few thousand feet above sea level? You’ll suffer on your own and you certainly won’t tell me about it…”

 

 

 

 

Luhan found it hard to form words and sentences as if her tongue is tied and her palms began getting sweaty. There was sincerity in his every word and Luhan doesn’t know if she could stop herself from loving the man sitting next to her.

He is worried, about me.

 

 

“Well, you’re lucky this time it’s only China, the flight only takes two hours if not less. I’m not allowing you to come with me next time, mark my words.” Sehun grabbed Luhan's small wrist and put a small plastic bag on her open palm. "That's the pills if you suddenly have panic attacks. And you need to tell me if you start feeling uncomfortable. Okay?"

 

 

 

 

The secretary’s lips quirked upwards unknowingly, nodding like a child with her hair bouncing along and Sehun did not expect that coming.
“You’re always concerned about my well being, Sehun. I almost forgot that I had that phobia. How can I live without you?”

 

 

 

 

 

A few seconds had passed and when Luhan realized what she had just said, it was too late. Sehun was staring at her with wide eyes, most likely surprised about the sudden nice words and especially the confession. Luhan’s heart was drumming like crazy and she didn’t know that her brain was too stupid to let her feelings take over.

 

 

 

“Ah, what I meant was… you know,” Luhan stumbled with her own words, head not working like how she wanted to. “You’ve always got my back and you never let me down. You also take care of me, like a family…”

 

 

 

Sehun didn’t know if he was supposed to be glad that it was just a misinterpreted meaning or downright disappointed that the love of his life had just given him a label of a family member. Maybe it’s leaning more to the latter. To cover up the disappointment, Sehun let out a laugh and ruffled Luhan’s hair.
Great, Familyzone Unlocked

 

 

 

 

It was a little awkward after that.

Luhan was not as responsive as before and Sehun is always aware of anything around them. The girl is regretting everything about the sudden confession and her stupid reasoning while the male is calculating the probability of getting rejected if he ever confessed. It’s clearly frustrating for both of them while waiting for the flight.

 

 

 

“So… we’re leaving for how many days?” Luhan asked, trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

 

 

 

Sehun rubbed the back of his head, thinking of expanding their short business trip of 3 days. “Maybe we’ll stay there for week or two. This is a difficult project so I need to be extra careful for it.” He certainly lied about the whole thing.

Well, when else can he get the chance to have some quality time with Luhan?

 

 

 

“Are you okay with leaving the company unattended? Wouldn’t that cause a discomfort among the shareholders?”

 

 

 

 

“Relax, I asked Chanyeol to take over when I’m away…”

 

 

 

 

Luhan breathed out, “that’s a good thing then. I also asked Kyungsoo to fill in for me. I hope she can work well with Mr.Park.”

 

 

 

 

At that moment, they were already called for their flight. Sehun stood up first and extended a hand for Luhan to take. The secretary only stared at it with uncertainty.

“It’s okay, it’s part of our play anyway,” the CEO shrugged.

 

 

Luhan had always dreamed of standing right next to Oh Sehun as his lover, to hold his hands whenever she liked and do all normal couples usually do. And of course, that dream will never come true. There are too many things at stake, the reputations, the business empire, the connections, friendship, everything. But Luhan think that it’s okay to let herself enjoy this. To enjoy the special treatments from Sehun and even though all of this is fake, at least a little part of her dream will come true. Besides, Sehun doesn’t seem to mind about it anyway. As long as she doesn’t get attached, doesn't put her hopes up too much, it’s okay to be CEO Oh’s girlfriend for now.

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

Seoul,   Oh Corp. Main Building ,    14.28,   Monday

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I heard that Mr. Park will be the temporary CEO while Mr. Oh is away!”

 

 

 

“Wow, Oh Sehun is out and now we have another hot CEO…”

 

 

 

 

“He’s taken, dear.”

 

 

 

 

“And so is Oh Sehun. Hey, do you want to hear something?”

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol hopes that Baekhyun doesn’t appear out of nowhere and listen to the conversation among the workers in Oh Corp. or else someone is about to get sued by a very powerful law-firm. Baekhyun might be a sweetheart but that doesn’t mean she’s not protective of what is hers, in other words, she gets jealous easily.

 

“If they want to talk about someone, shouldn’t they say it more silently?” Chanyeol whispered to himself and began rubbing his forehead. He walked faster towards the CEO’s room without a single thought about the people who were bowing to him. He only plans to make a quick visit to the male’s washroom but it seems that everyone here doesn’t have anything to talk about except his best friend and his best friend’s love interest.

 

 

 

Once inside the personal room, Chanyeol quickly plopped himself on the long sofa and the TV.

 

 

Sitting in Sehun’s private office turned out to be very boring. All the paperwork had been done by none other than Oh Sehun and all Chanyeol had been doing all day is sit in front of the TV and switch the channel when it gets boring. Suho is too busy taking care his own company and Baekhyun is still in Paris attending a fashion show so no one can kill Park Chanyeol's boredom.

 

 

Suddenly, a knock surprised Chanyeol. The young Park walked over to the work desk slowly and made himself comfortable on the chair.

 

“Come in,” the tall guy called.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol couldn’t really believe his eyes at the sight of the guest.
The door was shut closed as the person walked into the room with an unreadable expression and bowed before offering a sheet of paper to him.

 

 

 

“I received the information that you will be responsible for the next few days until CEO Oh’s return. All you need to do is sign at the bottom of the page. It’s just a daily report about what’s happening within the company and the shares.”

Kyungsoo doesn’t show any significant change in her face even though it has been years since she last met Park Chanyeol.

 

 

 

Absentmindedly, Chanyeol signed as he was asked. Kyungsoo moved closer to the table to retrieve the paper.

“It’s been a long time since I saw you, Kyungsoo.” The taller said.

 

 

 

 

The girl offered a small smile, “Yes, it has been a long time.”

 

 

 

 

“I didn’t know you work here. I never see you around the building even though I visit a lot…”

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo offered a humorless chuckle, “what else can I do? I need to avoid you at all cost.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The private room was dead silent as Chanyeol found it hard to reply and Kyungsoo was having an internal turmoil with her own feelings as past memories began clouding both of their thoughts.

“I should go now,” the black-haired said. “It’s nice seeing you again, Chanyeol. And also, congratulations for getting engaged. You and Baekhyun look good together.”

 

 

 

 

Without another word, the girl walked out of the room, leaving Chanyeol in his dazed state of mind. Chanyeol never thought that meeting her again would give him so much guilt.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

A few minutes ago

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I heard that Mr. Park will be the temporary CEO while Mr. Oh is away!”

 

 

 

 

“Wow, Oh Sehun is out and now we have another hot CEO…”

 

 

 

 

“He’s taken, dear.”

 

 

 

 

“And so is Oh Sehun. Hey, do you want to hear something?”

 

 

The employees are getting really nosy these days since there was a dating rumor between their CEO and his secretary. These two workers, for example, had been talking about the same topic since this morning.

 

“Tell me, do you have a new gossip?”

 

 

 

“During the weekend, I was strolling in the mall and guess who I saw? Oh Sehun and Luhan were shopping together, in a freaking couple shop! I thought I was going to faint.”

 

 

 

"Are you sure it was them?"

 

 

 

 

"Even though both of them were wearing a cap, I'm sure it's them!"

 

 

 

 

“Are they on a date?”

 

 

 

 

“I’m 100% sure! They even held hands, eat lunch and went to the arcade together!”

 

 

 

 

 

“Wow, this is a big news! Do you have the picture?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Dammit I forgot to take a picture of them!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi guys! It's been a few days since my last update.
iI would like to relay my endless gratitude to everyone. Actually i always feel uncertain and  unsatisfied of my work. But thanks to all the encouragements from you guys, I feel energized and a lot better. Even the slightest comment will make me realize that 'wow, i need to work harder bcoz people actually read my !'
I had a very hard time deciding on the chapter's title hahahahaha and also, THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN MY NONSENSE POLL hahahahahha as promised, everyone will have a happy ending

Thank you for subscribers, upvoters, comments, and also for readers! I'm entering school in a few days and will result on rare updates why am i so sad T.T

 

 

anyway, without you guys, this story won't happen and i owe it to all of you
sorry if the chapt isnt to your taste, i'll try to upgrade it later. (if i feel like it kkkkkkkkk)

p.s anyone playing pokemon go?