Interlude II : 6 years ago

Where Are You Now (that I need you)?

 

 

 

 

6 years ago

 

 

 

 

 

 

Park Chanyeol was a free-spirited kid. No warning or threat can hinder his curiosity of the world. He disobeys orders, breaks the rules, and cause ruckuses everywhere he goes. And standing beside him as the loyal secondhand man was the not-so-different Oh Sehun. Both of them were teenage dirtbags wanting to find their dignity and true self without the family background and statuses to justify their existence. Of course whenever they cause trouble, the Park and Oh household will need to clean their mess to cover up their clean records.

 

Even when they entered university, the mischievous duo never stopped their acts and childish antics, spending their time at arcades, outskirts of town and malls doing useless stuff and never to think twice about their actions.

 

Well, that’s until Oh Sehun found his ‘soulmate’ (or at least that’s how the male thought).

 

 

 

 

Luhan is very friendly person, a freaking genius at that and the best part was she’s completely clueless and oblivious to their rich household background. Fortunately she knows nothing about the business world and how the two boys are involved in the messed up industry of riches and power, and Chanyeol is very happpy with that. What started as a simple group assignment between the two of them ended with Oh Sehun being (very much) drunk in love and Luhan accepting his request of being best friends. She’s too nice to reject anyway and Oh Sehun is a persuasive guy.

That was also how Chanyeol was often ditched from their usual escapade and chaos-making. Oh Sehun needs to woo his ‘future wife’ and be as perfect as possible.

 

 

 

 

( “You are disgusting. She’ll think that you’re a creep with that cringe-worthy nickname,” Chanyeol said with a frown one day when Sehun mentioned his future wife, in this case Luhan.

 

“You won’t understand,” Sehun said with a dreamy sigh. “I will make her mine.”

 

Chanyeol could only scowl and muttered ‘crazy dumbwit’ under his breath. Usually Sehun would hit him in the face with a book or something but the blonde didn’t even budge from his seat and offered Chanyeol a sickeningly sweet smile in return. The young Park faked vomit.  )

 

 

 

 

 

Hence, the days of the dynamic duo ended and Chanyeol found himself hating on Luhan for an entire week, blaming on the female for… taking his best friend away (who could really hate on her when all she did was out of pure kindness and besides she’s really good at teaching the college materials so the tall guy had no reasons anymore after the whole week ended).

Sehun is focused on making himself the perfect man in hopes that a certain Chinese would fall for him. When he’s focused on something, he’ll stop at nothing to get what he wants.

 

 

 

 

 

And this marks the start of Chanyeol’s lonely days, wandering around campus aimlessly like living dead, eyes hollow and empty after doing nothing exciting for those weeks and months, bored almost to death with no other friend aside from Sehun.

 

You see, Park Chanyeol never really admitted it out loud but he hates his family, theoretically and rhetorically. Not only they dictate him on what to do on daily basis, they also influence everyone who had been close to him, meaning that his family controls who he befriend. Of course after entering the teenage years, the Park elders cared less about Chanyeol’s circle of friend but still watched closely to their activities like hawk as to not stain the reputation. That’s not the only thing that irked the young man. Because of his family’s wealth, it became impossible to find a friend in normal society and incredibly harder to find who’s ‘real’.

 

 

 

Park Chanyeol was avoided like plague when everyone knew what happened to the kid who bullied him during elementary school. The kid dropped out of school and moved to Australia along with his family, courtesy of the Park household. The second time it happened, Chanyeol was left heartbroken. His first love had left and vanished just like the kid back in elementary school without even a notice and broke their relationship through an e-mail consisting of 4 words. Until now Chanyeol had no idea where she is, he can try to search but that would end up in worse scenario knowing well how his so-called family will respond to that. Mama Park isn’t that much of a difference from Mrs. Oh, they’re both a nightmare. To say the least, Chanyeol was lonely. Oh Sehun won’t be enough to cover the vacancy he felt.

 

 

 

With looks drool-worthy and body posture admirable, it doesn’t take a genius to know that Park Chanyeol is very popular in campus. And when they knew he is the heir to the famous Park business, all hell breaks loose. It became every girl’s objective to at least talk to him, if they’re lucky, shake hands. Boys crowd around him just for the sake of getting some snippets to the royal life. People think he may be a living greek god with perfection carved on him. Chanyeol thinks the total opposite. It’s his turn to avoid everyone and try to cover the loneliness creeping up his bones.
 

 

 

 

Sehun found someone he’s fighting for, someone to prove to and Park Chanyeol envied him for that. The young Oh had gone through hell with his absurd family but at least he found love to cover up for the pain and misery so far. Chanyeol didn’t have the heart to ruin his best friend’s quality time whenever Sehun’s with Luhan so he would slowly back away and pretend he never existed, making up excuses to leave. It was getting frustrating to be left alone all the time to the extent that the tall guy prayed every night just for a friend. A real one, he said in specific.

 

 

 

 

 

 

That wish came true in the form of a female student with big round eyes, body petite and skin as pale as snow named Do Kyungsoo.

 

Chanyeol was laying down at the usual spot on the long bench in the campus lawn, fingers drumming against his headphones with eyes closed. Other students know not to disturb him as they continued their activities around the benches and tables provided.

With one hand behind his head as cushion, Chanyeol’s other hand was busy folding and unfolding, counting from one to five for the umpteenth time as part of his relaxation exercise. His mother had been very demanding these days with setting him up with a girl who he had no interest in whatsoever. Who’s her name anyway? Baekhee? Baekhin? Whatever. The weather was a little cool but nothing he couldn’t handle right now as his mind is not in their right states and need some cooling.

 

 

Suddenly he felt a shadow hovering over him and his instinct was right as the figure nudged him twice. He quickly cracked an eye open to shoo away whoever dared to disturb his nap-relaxation time. But he find a face looking down at him with a mix of annoyance and worry.

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you okay?”

 

 

 

 

 

The owner of the soft voice was calmly waiting for an answer as Chanyeol found his throat dry and tongue twisted, unable to form words right there and then, opting to stare into her clear orbs and plump lips. She is not as pretty as those who joined the cheerleading squad who dressed to kill, nor is she tall like those Victoria Secret’s models with super slim bodies. But this… girl is somehow different and unique.

 

 

 

“Are you sure you’re fine? You hadn’t been talking for the last few minutes,” the girl deadpanned after being given the uncomfortable silence. “Do you need some help from the infirmary?”

 

 

 

Chanyeol quickly sat up and took off his headphones. He hit his elbow on the table near him with a loud thud but neglected the pain for now. To think about it, Chanyeol never saw this girl creeping around him like the rest of student body did.

 

“Ah, I’m fine. How can I help you?” the tall guy asked.

 

 

 

The girl pulled out a piece of paper from her bag before offering it to the male in grey hoodie. Chanyeol accepted it and skimmed the words briefly.

 

“Professor Nam gave an assignment today in business class. You happened to skip the said session just now and missed a very important task.”

 

 

 

With confusion written all over his face, Chanyeol looked up from his sitting position to face the young woman. Are they even attending the same major? How come he didn’t see her throughout the semester?
“What do you mean?”

 

 

 

Sighing loudly, the girl opened to speak. “It’s a group project from the prof and it’s for three students to work together. Unfortunately our class is 1 person short so that leaves the two of us. Before you ask anything the teacher already divided the groups on his own so I have nothing to do with this arrangement.” The black-haired student then looked away and stared to a distance. “Professor kindly asked me not to scare you away and ask a signature or something. I hope I didn’t because we need to finish this as quickly as possible before your loyal fans start throwing knives at me.”

 

 

 

Chanyeol followed the girl’s line of sight and turned his body around. He saw a group of girls narrowing their eyes to his direction, crowding near the campus building but then smiled fakely once he noticed their existence, some waving their hands. The young Park turned back again and faced his new teammate.

“Sure, I hope we’ll finish this by the end of the month.” He replied easily, fixing his hair.

 

 

 

 

“Nice to know that you have interest in completing the task. You are absent on most classes so I guessed you’ll be too lazy to do so. I’m free every Morning and Thursday afternoon and Tuesday nights. We can start the project next week at the library for some data research, I hope you can tell me your schedules too.”

 

 

 

“I’m free anytime,” Chanyeol said in a whisper, not really thinking. It’s been such a long time someone had spoken to him. Somehow it felt nice. Not to mention she isn’t assaulting him nor his personal space and this feels very foreign but enjoyable.

 

 

 

“Okay, we’ll start the first meeting on Thursday. See you at the library after lunch,” she said before nodding her head and heading to the entrance gates through the cobblestone path.

 

 

 

 

“HEY!” Chanyeol said in a hurry, standing up to gather all his energy just to call out. How can she leave just like that?

 

 

 

The girl stopped in her steps, turning around while fixing the bag slung around her shoulders. Her black hair fall beautifully as she tilted her head at the guy. Everyone else also stopped whatever they were doing to watch the commotion.

 

 

 

 

The young Park ran towards his project partner and realized that the girl is tiny compared to his giant height once he was close enough.

 

“I do need a name you know…” he said while rubbing his neck in an awkward manner.

 

 

 

 

“You should read the paper first,” the girl said with a smirk, pointing to the man’s hand. Chanyeol quickly checked the paper he was holding and eyes darted towards the title. Two names were written neatly next to each other just below the introduction of the text complete with an e-mail address and telephone number and Chanyeol had never been so embarrassed in all his life. Sure it’s nothing big for others but for the young heir, it’s like a big pang to his dignity.

 

 

 

“But you’re right, we haven’t been formally introduced before. My mistake.” A hand was extended in front of Chanyeol and without thinking twice he enveloped the small cold hand and shook it slowly. The hand-shake was not the one with shy sway but this girl shook it firmly with confidence.

 

 

With a small smile she replied, “My name is Do Kyungsoo, nice to finally meet you in person Mr. Park. I hope we can work well together.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Let’s just say that the introduction lasted longer than what Chanyeol had expected and Kyungsoo was wondering when would the tall guy let go of her hand because holding hands in the middle of the campus grounds where everyone is blantantly looking at them is quite embarrassing and his hand was getting clammy.

 

"Park Chanyeol," the tall guy whispered. "Let's be good friends."
And I hope you won't be one of those people who walked away from me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----

 

 

a/n :  hi guyss!!! the short chapter is up and its not from the continuation of previous chapter but rather an interlude because i was dying to post this part of the story where chansoo met. well the other parts will be for other day... chansoo got a long history to where they are now so i guess interludes are going to be longer ahhahhahahha just kidding not much of hunhan here so i'll just leave some hints there

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SUCH A LONG TIME AND I FELT LIKE I HAVE NEGLECTED THIS BABY  i just finished my exams and am waiting for the results. thank you everyone for your encouraging messages through the comments you guys had been so kind! And this helps me go through the rough nights where i had to study until wee hours... and thank you for waiting patiently you guys are the best. i hope this chapter doesnt dissappoint and if you have any questions or anything dont hestitate to comment. i couldnt thank all of you enough!

have a nice day everyone, see you on the next update