Coming To Terms

Where Are You Now (that I need you)?

 

 

 

 

 

For once in her lifetime, Luhan had a very nice dream. She woke up with a small smile that graced her lips and the giddy feeling of being loved, heart still thumping wildly like a teenage girl. Well, maybe it’s because she stayed the night at Sehun’s quarters that made her feel somehow safe, but nevertheless, Luhan really feels thankful that Sehun let her sleep in his private room. Talking about the said male, the CEO was nowhere in sight when she had risen up and the bed was occupied only by her and not to mention the bedroom was also empty. That proves what happened last night, the confession and kiss, was just a dream much to Luhan’s dismay. Usually Sehun would have slept until noon on normal Sundays and wouldn’t mind sharing the bed together but today seems to be an exception.

 

Luhan, after getting ready (but still unable to move on from her dream), had walked down the stairs of the mansion and heard a light tune coming from the kitchen where she found Sehun whistling to himself while facing the stove, probably cooking breakfast or something, which is very weird since that guy never visited the kitchen unless it’s for a bottle of cold water from the fridge or get a three-weeks old apple pie.

 

 

 

“Look whose early today,” Luhan said as she entered the kitchen.

 

 

 

The tall guy turned around, “I kinda got the feel to make my own breakfast today and facebook is full of recipes so I gotta try.” He shrugged and went back to flipping what looks like a golden pancake in the pan. She took a seat, with the perfect view of Oh Sehun’s back, on the dining table without a single word but smiled nonetheless.

 

 

 

 

“You seemed to be in a good mood, princess. Had a nice dream?” Sehun said without sparing the girl a glance.

 

 

 

Luhan immediately blushed, hands sprang up to her flushed cheeks and felt her blood rushing to that particular area. “Somehow…” she managed to utter in embarrassment. “And stop calling me that.”

 

 

 

 

Sehun chuckled. “Was I in your dream? I bet I was.”

 

 

 

 

Well, imagining your boss confessing to you and almost making out with you on his bed, promising everything that matters to you isn’t something really easy to discuss especially when the said man was standing just meters apart. So Luhan did the most reasonable thing she could think of, cough awkwardly.

 

 

“Why would you think like that?” The secretary replied in bewilderment, half surprised that Sehun could read her mind.

 

 

The man turned off the stove while placing the perfect pancake on top of the plate with the help of spatula and decorated it with maple syrup and a tiny amount of butter. He walked to the dining table and took the seat next to Luhan.

 

“Can I guess what you dreamed of?”

 

 

 

 

Luhan gulped uneasily, eyes widening at the male’s words.

 

 

 

 

“Let me see… Did you somehow dream of a certain someone lying next to you, there was a little bit of tears here and there but that’s not the point I guess because in that dream I was trying to sweep you off your feet and just have a perfectly normal romantic relationship with you. The point is, I asked you to date me. Am I right or am I right?”

 

 

 

 

The secretary felt like fainting on the spot because somehow her dream is not really a dream and everything is a hundred percent real and , does that mean she’s really really really dating Oh Sehun now?

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun was really trying his best not to squeal at Luhan’s shocked expression because her large doe eyes and agape pink lips were just too cute. So he leaned in and caught the girl off guard as he planted a soft but short kiss before parting and staring right into her orbs, face only inches apart.

 

“Yes Princess, we’re dating now for real.”

 

 

 

 

 

And all the logical thinking had left the secretary’s mind as Sehun babbled about how he’s trying to woo her by making breakfast and stuff. And so she blurted out the only thing that matters right now.

 

“What the hell?”

 

 

 

 

Sehun’s heart dropped a little at that. He knew from the start that it won’t be easy. “I know you’re probably against this relationship but you can’t back down just yet okay? At least not now. I’m not ready to be rejected yet. I finally got the courage to confess after those years of keeping my feelings at bay and made me feel like walking on thin ice every single time. So I beg of you, please don’t do that for at least the next few weeks. I need to prepare my heart.”

 

 

His words sound like something a child would say and it’s making Luhan feel a little bad for even making him feel that way.

 

 

“That wasn’t what I meant, Sehun!” Luhan quickly stumbled with her own words. “It’s just… This still feels like a dream. I never thought, never once in my wildest dream that I could be by your side… as in a lover. You see, I had such a hard time too covering up my own feelings. So, I guess we’re even then. “

 

Stunned, Sehun’s eyes dilated a few millimeters. “You do? I thought it was a one sided thing, you know, with me having a crush on you for the last few years well I don’t know, I thought you’re just taking pity on me when you agreed.”

 

 

 

“I love you,” Luhan said out of the blue. “I always do, since college if I recalled correctly so you’re not on the one sided relationship here.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun felt the world stopped spinning. The noisy grandfather clock seemed to stop ticking as well and all the noises outside suddenly disappeared and became muted. And in that moment, Sehun realized everything paid off, the struggle of keeping himself awake for hours on end just for the sake of studying on his college years, enduring that back ache after going through training just to be the CEO, the painful critics and harsh scolding. All of that pays off. “Well, I’m glad I wasn’t.”

 

 

 

And for the second time that peaceful Sunday morning, Sehun braved himself to kiss his official girlfriend. At first he was leaning in ever so slowly, scared that Luhan would back away if he rushed. But Luhan chuckled and instead grabbed the man by his sweater to pull him closer. When their lips meet halfway, Sehun could feel Luhan smile into the kiss, eyes closing and pretty much encouraging him to do the same.

 

 

Luhan was as inexperienced as he was in a romantic relationship. They’re both still new and foreign to having someone they love near but they’re willing to learn. And as Luhan took her chance to deepen the kiss, Sehun eagerly gives back as much.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jongdae-yah, I need you to be fully prepared. Soon the Oh Corp will be in our hands and you need to start taking over. Don’t forget about our agreement.”

 

 

 

 

“Do not rush, auntie. Sehun is a careful boy and wouldn’t let his guards down that easily.”

 

 

 

“Oh sweetie, if there’s little Luhan, we could do simply anything to him. He’ll be too worried about his lover and Oh Corp would be the last thing in his mind.”

 

 

 

 

“As expected from Mrs. Oh, clever and cunning.”

 

 

 

 

 

The lady smirked at the praise and drank her tea from the porcelain cup. “Just wait a little more my dear, and everything you’ve ever wished for will come true. Just imagine all the troubles you had to go through just because you don’t bear the Oh family name. You are Kim Jongdae but the Oh’s blood still runs in your vein.”

 

 

Jongdae chuckled, “I’m Sehun’s cousin, auntie. You made it sound like I’m his illegitimate brother or something. But you’re right, my mother is still an Oh and was never once allowed to get involved in the main branch and family business. Let’s put a stop to that, shall we?”

 

 

Madam Oh smiled deviously, raising her cup. Jongdae did the same.

 

 

 

 

“To our future,” Jongdae offered a toast.

 

 

 

 

 

“To our future indeed.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There’s one thing that Kyungsoo always hated about Chanyeol, and that is loud. He is too cheerful and too excited for anything and everything. He could react to a simple thing such a flying butterfly and turn it into a topic as if the Empire State of America is falling apart. The main point is, Chanyeol is a nuisance.

 

After a few meetings together, Kyungsoo decided that maybe… maybe Chanyeol deserved a chance. She saw how sincere Chanyeol was and how he tried his best to let the conversation going. The pain still lingers between them but at least he wanted a closure. He was her best friend after all and their friendship means something important. Besides, the only reason why they stopped talking was Chanyeol’s mom and that was really an agonizing memory Kyungsoo does not want to recall. Sure, maybe being friends again with Chanyeol would cost her job or maybe her monthly wage if Mrs. Park finds out but she is not scared anymore. Not when her family is away from South Korea.

 

 

 

But again, Kyungsoo wonders, why in the world is she allowing Park Chanyeol to drag her away (again) to McDonalds for lunch? It’s like everybody in the lobby, including the receptionists, businessmen and coworkers, are staring at the duo. Maybe it has got something to do with Chanyeol’s obnoxious voice or the way Kyungsoo could walk comfortably, side by side, with a renowned CEO. Kyungsoo believes it’s the first option.

 

 

 

“People are staring, idiot. Keep your voice down.”

 

 

“Come on, it’s my natural volume and I can’t tone it down. You know I sound like Mickey Mouse on weed every single day, soo.”

 

 

 

 

 

Soo

It’s been years since Chanyeol could utter the nickname. He felt guilt eating him up alive when Kyungsoo was forced out of his life and that kinda made him hate his mom more. Don’t get the wrong idea, he loves his mother as a person who has raised and gave birth to him, but not as the woman who had destroyed his life and caused many problems.

And to finally get Kyungsoo to talk to him like the old days, that’s what he calls a miracle. He treasures Kyungsoo a lot. Sehun would probably the only person who knows how Chanyeol had felt when the girl disappeared and to say the least, Chanyeol was devastated. The young Park will stop at nothing to make sure Kyungsoo is happy. But first, he’ll need to wait until Kyungsoo deemed they’re okay again.

 

 

 

 

Once they arrived at the fast-food restaurant, Kyungsoo immediately took the nearest empty seat and played with her phone while Chanyeol went to order. The guy knew that this is one of the ways Kyungsoo is testing him, to know whether he still remembered her favorite menu or not. It may look trivial for others, unimportant or insignificant, but Chanyeol knew that this was their routine back in the days. He would be the one to order and she’ll just stay back. The black-haired girl never once said it out loud but she appreciates it when people remembered even the tiniest thing about her and that’s how Chanyeol is going to win her back. Little by little, step by step, Chanyeol is going to try.

 

 

Kyungsoo was smiling from afar when she saw Chanyeol pointing to a certain burger on the menu board as the staff list in the orders.

 

 

 

“Well, at least he did remember.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun is trying not to think about all the worst possibilities as she saw her fiancé dining out with another girl just across the street. No, Chanyeol wouldn’t betray her just like that. No, maybe Kyungsoo isn’t as mean or cruel as everyone deemed. No, Chanyeol could be talking about business over lunch and not cheating on her.

 

Chanyeol doesn’t hate her, right?

With tears threatening to fall, Baekhyun drove her car away and leave the place before Chanyeol notices the familiar red car that belongs to none other than his lover.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

a/n: Thank you guys for always backing me up whenever i feel strangled and useless and i really never thought that i could make even a chapter these days. im really sorry for almost abandoning this storyand always updating late. and im very thankful to everyone. those comments you guys posted mean the world to me and just keep motivating me to work harder in every chapter so i hope i made upt to the expectations even though im not hoping much. thank yous wouldnt be enough and im sorry for the crappy and short chapter. welcome to the new subs and upvotes are very much appreciated. ciao :D