You're Back

Where Are You Now (that I need you)?

 

 

 

 

 

 

A faint beeping sound resonates in the air and Luhan knew she’s still in the hospital. The heartbeat monitoring machine keeps on making those irritable noises in the room so she tried to zone it out.

The place smells like antiseptic and cough medicine so Luhan didn’t even t bother to open her eyes. She continued to lie in the hospital bed unmoving, secretly enjoying the ‘nap’ after she has fainted and make the best of her current free time. So, instead of panicking like how people normally do after they have gained consciousness, Luhan remains dead to the world and tried to loll herself back to dreamland.

 

 

 

 

“I know you’re awake,” a stern voice popped up in the silence of the room.

 

 

 

 

With that, both of her eyes snapped open in realization.

Shiiiiitttt, what am I gonna do?

 

 

 

Luhan tried to sit but her back felt stiff so she opted to turn her head to the source of the said voice while still in reclined position. She offered a sheepish smile to the person she had eye-contact with and gulped when the male didn’t return the gesture.

 

“I didn’t know you’re back already… Why am I not informed?”

 

 

 

“Well I don’t know,” the male replied with a sarcastic smile, “maybe that’s because you’ve passed out for at least a day!”

 

 

 

Sehun was fuming even though his face remained impassive and neutral. His frown gave everything away though and Luhan could really see it from the distance. Sehun was still clad in his coat and working attire, standing a few meters away from the bed while leaning against the plain white wall. His arms are crossed and Luhan knew she’s not going to get away easily.

 

 

“You were unconscious for a full day, you didn’t answer any of my calls, you skipped lunch as what my informant tells me, you suffer from extreme fatigue and you didn’t have the decency to even let my friends know about your condition!” Sehun seethed angrily as he approached Luhan step by step. “Imagine my freaking surprise when Dr. Choi announced that you have passed out in the middle of the check. And you were asking for an aspirin, a freaking painkiller, before you faint.”

 

 

 

Luhan cowered back into the bed and raised the blanket higher to cover her nose. “I’m sorry,” she squeaked.

 

 

Sehun really didn’t want to back down just yet but he softens at the sight. Luhan had always been great in showcasing her natural aegyo so he admits defeat. With a huge sigh, Sehun rubbed his face tiredly and sat at the edge of the bed, right next to his lover.

“Did you know how guilty I was? How surprised and worried I felt during the entire flight?”

 

 

 

 

From nearer view, the girl can see the dark eye bags that proved that he hasn’t been sleeping. His hair was disheveled and complexion as pale as her. 

 

 

 

“If I had known that the harridan was going to come, I wouldn’t have let her get into the building. I could’ve shooed her away or just kick her face or something.” Sehun closed his eyes, “and that way you wouldn’t have gotten hurt. I should’ve been there with you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“But you didn’t know.” Came the secretary’s reply. “You didn’t know that Eunjung was going to visit and did those stuffs. No one did. So don’t be too hard on yourself.”

 

 

 

 

A soft hand touched his cheek and Sehun opened his eyes to find Luhan staring at him with those pure, glistening eyes that he always adored. They shared quite some time in silence just to appreciate each other’s existence before a familiar ringtone blasted in the room.

 

The couple shared a look, then looked at the still ringing phone on the nightstand to see the caller ID, before sharing a look again. Luhan made an attempt to sit down and reach out for her own phone but the young CEO was quicker as he snatched the phone in a heartbeat.

 

Because she knew she lost, Luhan went back to lying in the bed with a depressed sigh and let Sehun answer the call.

 

 

 

 

Good evening, Luhan. I heard you’ve not been feeling well yesterday. It looks like w-“

 

 

 

Sehun cut the receiver in mid-sentence. “Dad, it’s me. Stop speaking so formally. And why are you calling Luhan’s phone?”

 

Sehun was silent, listening to Mister Oh senior’s long explanation through the call intently and gave Luhan a menacing glare while he’s at it. After a few minutes, the call ended with an angrier Sehun.

 

 

“You didn’t tell me that we’re going to meet my father?! This weekend?!” he bellowed.

 

 

 

“I was going to tell you when you get back!” Luhan replied equally loud, defending herself. “We’ll have to visit him sooner or later and he had been requesting for a meet up ever since we got back from China, what do you expect I do?! He was the chairman and I’m the CEO’s secretary, I’m in no position to deny his request.”

 

 


Sehun was surprised.

“I mean, you could have at least discussed with me…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan was breathing heavily. She had just woken up from her deep slumber and the idea of getting a fight was not on her bucket list. “I kept thinking that the sooner we clarify this to your father, the better. We weren’t even a real couple when he asked us to visit. I just wanted to make things clear for him and that way, it could be easier for the both of us. He just wanted to know how we ended up together.”

 

 

 

Sehun knew that both of them are exhausted, but compared to what she had to go through, his fatigue was nothing. So instead of giving a rebuttal, he kept silent.

 

 

 

“All I know back then was to assure your father that we were really in a relationship. We even planned the visit together. If he’s convinced that we’re a thing, wouldn’t that give us the biggest support and backing? No one would try to defy your orders, we could proceed with the plan without any pressure, and…” Luhan stopped in her speech.

 

 

 

Sehun know what she’s trying to imply.
 If she receive blessings from the chairman to date his one and only son, that means she’s got enough authority for people to stop harassing her. She’s been hurt verbally and physically at work after the dating news broke out, so Sehun felt another big boulder of guilt piling up on his shoulder.

 

 

 

 

 

“You know what, forget it,” Luhan muttered in resignation. “I’m still sleepy as hell, so I need some well-deserve rest and I’m emotionally unstable, I think my period is coming up. Just pretend you didn’t hear or see anything.”

 

She turned her back against the male and pulled the cover up to her shoulder. “Don’t worry, we could always rearrange the meeting with Mr. Oh anytime you’re free. And you need to go home and get some sleep. Your eye bags look horrible, you should fix that. I don’t want to date men with ugly eye bags.”

 

 

 

 

 

The young male wants to chuckle at her childish antics but kept mum instead. They had just went through their first fight and Sehun couldn’t stop feeling how real it is, how mundane and normal they are like how the internet described a couple should be.

 

 

 

 

 

 Luhan was already midway to dreamland when she felt the bed dipped. She cracks an eye open, rolled on her side to sae her boyfriend silently combing her hair with his fingers . His lips showcase one of the gentlest smile she had ever seen when their eyes met. His hand stopped playing with her hair but went down her face to cup her cheek lovingly.

 

 

“Sorry I shouted, hadn’t had a wink of sleep the other night,” Sehun spoke with hoarse voice. “And actually I don’t really care when we’ll meet my dad. I just thought you weren’t ready so I was trying to postpone. I’m sorry…”

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan hummed in reply as she felt the warmth radiating from the male’s palm. Even though it’s against the hospital regulation, Luhan found it endearing that Sehun would lie next to her, side by side on the hospital bed. But she won’t expect a fine from the management either because Oh Corp is one of their biggest investor so they’ll just let it pass.

 

 

 “I miss you,” Luhan confessed. “A lot.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

She closed her eyes and moved nearer to the male, "I'm glad you're back."
Sehun took his cue to enclose their gap until they were skin to skin, long arms circled around her tired body. Luhan basked in the warmth and nuzzled in the crooks of Sehun’s neck that seems to be her new habit while hugging the male tight.

 

“I miss you too. A lot.” Sehun whispered and kissed the crown of her head longingly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Anyway, you have an informant following me around?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 “Now go to sleep baby, let’s just sleep.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

On the next day, Kyungsoo was discharged from the hospital. She forced the staff to let her leave or she’ll sue (that’s just an empty threat because she doesn’t have enough money to do so). And unlike how others would leisure around after getting discharged, Kyungsoo went immediately back to work at 9 AM sharp, just an hour after she left the hospital building.

 

 

Of course that also came to a shock for Park Chanyeol, who spends his free time wandering around Oh Corp building aimlessly just for fun. So they had a chat at the cafeteria, mostly Chanyeol’s nagging and Kyungsoo’s bored grunts on how she should have rested instead of going back to work.

And that’s when she noticed, in between the tall guy’s long rant, that Byun Baekhyun was staring at them from afar and Park Chanyeol had no clue to her arrival. She left just like that and Kyungsoo really feels like killing herself for making people misunderstand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So that was how Do Kyungsoo, the young woman who has a strong principle on making things clear, was sitting in a café near her workplace, waiting for a certain person to come. Baekhyun agreed to meet up and Kyungsoo thanked the heavens for that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do Kyungsoo-ssi?”

 

The said girl looked up to find a gorgeous female with long brown hair standing by the side of her table, offering a polite smile. Kyungsoo stood up and bowed to the lady while offering to the empty seat across the table.

 

Baekhyun is beautiful, that’s the first thing that crossed Kyungsoo’s mind. She has heard of the reputation amongst male employees in Oh Corp but she never really saw the girl in person up close. She looks young and fresh without much make up on her delicate and pale face.

 

 

 

 

“So what are we discussing today?” Baekhyun asked with a friendly smile. “Does it have to do with a certain stupid giant?”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo gulped. “Yes, I would like to apologize for my impudent actions regarding the occurrence you have to witness this morning. I am afraid that you might get the wrong idea. I am clearly aware that you are engaged to Mr. Park Chanyeol and I should have stopped him fro-”

 

 

 

 

 

“Slow down, Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun chuckled heartily at how cute Kyungsoo was with her high speed speech and already out of breath state. “And please stop speaking formally, we are at the same age after all. And about Chanyeol, he kinda explained everything to me already so… yeah.”

 

 

 

The black haired widened her eyes, “he did?”

 

 

 

“At first I really thought he was going to cheat behind my back but I guess he know he’ll lose his neck if he actually did,” Baekhyun joked. “But he told me every single thing I need to know. I hope you’re not upset because I forced him to say the extended stories out of curiosity and about your current problems.”

 

 

 

“I’m okay with it actually and if I may ask how far do you know, Baekhyun ssi? I mean, about my… problems.”

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun ponders for a moment, “One word to answer you.” She leaned closer to the black-haired, “Kai.”

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo felt like poking her eyes with a fork because Chanyeol kinda told his fiancé almost everything but she’s surprisingly not upset about that. “I guess you knew about everything by now.”

 

 

 

“Yeah, and that’s why I’m here to help. I’m a woman after all so you can consult me because people call me the goddess of love when I’m in high school,” Baekhyun winks and Kyungsoo held the urge to laugh. It seems that the Byun heiress is more easy going that what she actually seemed.

 

 

 

So they stayed in that particular café for what felt like hours, just talking about general things and a little bit of sharing time from Kyungsoo’s experience with her romance life. Sometimes they shared similar jokes that involve humiliating a certain Park Chanyeol.

 

 

But the fun didn’t last long as a figure appeared out of nowhere and took both of the girls’ attention.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun gasped but Kyungsoo remained expressionless. The Oh Corp employee only stood up and bowed to the new guest without uttering a single word.

 

 

“I thought I made it very clear for you not to get close to my son,” the woman voiced out elegantly. “Stay away from him and Baekhyun.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Mother, Kyungsoo’s my new friend,” Baekhyun stood up to Kyungsoo’s defense.

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs. Park glances over her future daughter-in-law with a softer gaze, “You shouldn’t be friends with her, dear. She had a dark past with Chanyeol and I wouldn’t want you to be hurt by her. She’s a wicked witch and I’m protecting you from her treacherous plans.”

 

 

 

“Mother!” Baekhyun reprimanded.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry but I do not see the need to stay away anymore,” Kyungsoo whispered. “I don’t need to be scared of you either.”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was aware of what will come if she said those words, a slap. She had been hit and beaten before so it was not a surprise when the painful blow landed on her face but she did feel weird because it has been quite someone since she had been hurt by Madam Park. The older woman is an ageless beauty who never seemed to grow old, and her old habits never did die.

 

 

 

 

 

“Mother!!” Baekhyun screeched but Chanyeol’s mother did not pay attention. The middle-aged woman grabbed the cup of iced plain water on the table and emptied the content as she splashed it on Kyungsoo.

 

 

Baekhyun was speechless. Chanyeol’s mother had always treated her as a princess and the girl couldn’t believe that the woman could be so violent, meaner that she could ever thought.

 

 

 

Mrs. Park shoved the empty glass to Baekhyun’s direction and the girl could only accept it in her hands mindlessly, head void of any thinking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was drenched, the water and ice slowly dripping down her wet hair to her body. She shivered slightly when the door to the café was opened and the wind came rushing in.

 

 

 

 

“What the hell?!” A voice howled with rage.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kim Jongin,” the words came out in a whisper as Kyungsoo saw the man.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin came with fury, eyes burning with fiery wrath.

“Mrs. Park, you have no reason whatsoever to do this to her!”

 

 

 

The woman stayed silent and directed her eyes away. Kyungsoo was more pained to see Jongin here, looking at her miserable state, than how Chanyeol’s mother had mistreated her.

 

 

 

 

 

“Care to explain, mom?” Came another booming voice and Baekhyun woke up from her stupor after hearing the familiar voice.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol also entered the scene with full stride, equally enraged as the previous young man. He took a glance of Baekhyun and the cup of empty glass in her hands before directing his attention back to Kyungsoo. The drenched girl was at the verge of crying and Chanyeol quickly took of his coat before draping it around her shoulders as a sort of protection.

 

 

Chanyeol was about to throw a major fit on his mother before tiny fingers wrap around his larger wrist in attempt to take his attention. The CEO was positive that Kyungsoo was shaking her head even in her shivering state, “Take me away.”

 

 

 

 

The tall male then realized that Kim Jongin was also there to witness everything.

 

“Please,” Kyungsoo whispered again. “I want to get out of here. Away from him.”

 

 

 

 

 

Even though Chanyeol had lots of things to say, he everything in and led Kyungsoo out of the door before giving a look to Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin stared at the open door where Chanyeol and Kyungsoo had left off, eyes lingering at the shadow of the female he truly loves.

He saw her expression when he came earlier, how the colors of her face drained when he came into view, and how she had begged to be taken away to avoid him. Although she never knew, it hurts him freaking a lot. It hurts him to know that she despised him to that extent.

 

 

 

 

 

What do I have to do for you to come back to me, Soo?
What am I supposed to do when you’ve moved on and I’m still stuck in our memories?

What should I do?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

haha stoopid unedited update before i go MIA hehehehehehehe i need to thank all of you for your ever so supportive cooments i love all of you, i hope you enjoyed this update, well see you on the next update. ciao