Step 1 And a Half

Where Are You Now (that I need you)?

 

 

 

 

Luhan scrunched her nose in concentration. Her fingers are typing quickly on the phone and eyes looking at her surrounding every now and then warily. Workers at nearby tables in the cafeteria are staring at her rather shamelessly, trying to figure out who she is texting to. Some are already speculating that Oh Sehun would be the one she’s chatting with but some are still skeptical about their relationship.

 

 

To   :   Oh Sehun
 

People are freaking looking at me like I’m on drugs.
I feel bullied…

 

                                                                               

 

From   :   Oh Sehun


It’s okay that’s normal. Just act like usual.

Anyway can you come to my office after this? I need to work on the Chinese market sales meeting this afternoon and I kinda forgot where I put the files.

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been two days since Sehun got back from his business trip in Germany and half of the employees in Oh Corp. are wondering about the relationship between CEO Oh and his personal secretary thanks to Yuna’s big mouth. That means half more to convince.

 

 

The secretary stood up from her seat and hurriedly went back to work since her break time was over. On the way to the elevator, she bumped into Suho and his fiancé.

“Good afternoon, Mr. Kim.” Luhan greeted with a bow. “Hello Yixing.”

 

 

Suho chuckled lightheartedly at the formal greeting but bowed back anyway since they are still in public and didn’t want to cause rumors among employees. Yixing ran over to Luhan and looped their arms together. The younger girl moved closer to the secretary and whispered, “are you dating Sehun?”

 

Luhan widened her eyes comically, “Who told you?”

 

 

Yixing smiled with a finger on her lips. “The gossips are going around town and I’m just making sure. I’ve been guessing that Sehun has a huge crush on you since the start. You guys are the perfect couple! Suho and I are so happy for the both of you!”

 

Luhan faked a smile that resembles more like an ugly cringe than a normal grin. That means Suho and Yixing didn’t know about this whole dating thingy being scripted and .

 

 

A few workers were walking pass the three of them while whispering to one another.

“No wonder Luhan can be close to the A-listed people…”

 

“She has Oh Sehun’s backing, what is she scared of?”

 

“Did you know that Luhan is friends with almost all the rich people, I envy her so much.”

 

 

 

 

Luhan rolled her eyes tiredly. Can they whisper more discreetly?

 

 

 

 

 

“So, we have more than seventy eight percent of the total income already transferred from the headquarters in Beijing from the successful transaction with the locals. The rest will be sent in less than seven days. The agreement from the shareholders and board members had been signed this morning without any turbulence. The main building had been given the official license from the government and the opening will be held around this year.” The newbie explained in front of a few important people including Oh Sehun.

 

The CEO twirled a pen between his fingers as if he wasn’t in an important meeting at all. The members were anticipating reactions from the boss but the young male wasn’t showing any expression. No one can guess if he’s satisfied or utterly discontented with the presentation (or they just didn’t know that he is bored out of his wits and sleepy as hell).

 

 

“Make sure that the Human resource management is already making progress with training quality employees for the company. The R&D and accounting department will immediately start with the New York project while the marketing and purchasing team will stay in China for now. I will decide the date around this month for the official opening so make sure to prepare the event and don’t disappoint me.” Sehun said to the microphone provided for the meeting.

 

The rest of the board nodded in agreement.

 

“If there are no more questions or opinions, I will end today’s meeting.”

 

Seeing that no one had anything to say, Sehun stood up from his seat at the end of the long table. “Thank you for the meeting, have a nice day.”

After straightening his coat, Sehun walked out from the room, Luhan following closely behind, with people bowing to him on the way. Sehun must be in a very bad mood today as he looked terribly sour and immediately left the meeting room as fast as lightning. Luhan was having difficulty catching up with her boss as Sehun was able to walk 40km/hour in the corridor with his long- legs. And also her ankle was sprained yesterday after a co-worker had deliberately pushed her in the comfort room (who happened to be quite furious after the rumors had been going around about CEO Oh being off-limits).

 

 

Luhan felt like her ankle was on fire and stopped trying to catch up with Sehun to inspect her burning foot. Her high heel is probably making the wound even worse and she could even see the purplish mark around her ankle which hurts freaking a lot..

“I can’t even walk now,” she hissed in pain. “How am I supposed to work?”

 

Thankfully Sehun is already gone when the pain was at peak. If he’s here, he would start nagging again and probably cause everyone to stare at their bickering. Slowly, Luhan took off her heels and decided to just bear the shame and embarrassment by walking barefoot back to her floor.

The cold tiles sent chills down her spine as soon as her bare feet landed. At least the pain on her ankles lessens without the killer shoes. Thankfully, Luhan is a person who is too meticulous for her own good as she always keeps an extra pair of slippers under her working desk for emergencies and today she is in dire need of slippers. But that wouldn’t be an easy task as she needs to talk back to the cubicle first with her bare foot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The stares and whispers didn’t even bother Luhan anymore as she dragged her painful and aching legs across the floor. Some were openly snickering and talking bad about her not-so-nice appearance. Luhan knew that she will not be expecting any important guest today so that meant that she could do even the most humiliating deed like walking around the building without a proper footwear. Sehun wouldn’t even mind anyway.

 

 

Luhan finally arrived on her floor after receiving much judging stare from other employees but her priority is her burning ankle so that isn’t her problem right now. It hasn’t even been ten seconds after she exited the elevator and someone needed to make a snarky comment about her look.

“Looks like you’re acting like you own the place now…”

 

 

Luhan offered a smile, “how can I help you, Soojin-ssi?”

 

 

The female staff named Soojin smiled back sickeningly as if accepting Luhan’s challenge. “This is work area but aren’t you violating the work attire regulations?”

 

 

Before Luhan could counter back, a hand managed to grip on her shoulder that diverted her attention. Soojin looked rather shocked and that piqued Luhan’s interest.

Lo and behold, the CEO of Oh Corp. was standing right behind her with his usual unreadable face.

 

“Mr.Oh…” the two females chorused in greeting.

 

 

Sehun didn’t even pay attention to Soojin, giving her a glare while at it, and faced Luhan with worry written all over his face. “You are coming with me. Dr. Choi is already here to check your legs.”

 

 

 

The boss’ words caught everyone’s attention as they stopped whatever they were doing to stare at the interaction in front of their eyes. Sehun had his hand wrapped around Luhan’s wrist to pull her away anytime he wants.

Luhan was way beyond surprised that Sehun even knew about her sprained ankle.

 

“Sir, I’m completely fine.”

 

 

“You’ve been walking weirdly the whole day do you think I’m blind? Do you think I wouldn’t notice?”

Everybody pretended to type on their keyboards but their eyes were staring at the purplish red mark on the secretary’s foot. Both the CEO and his secretary were standing in the middle of the floor anyway, there is no way people wouldn’t notice.

 

 

Soojin seemed out of place as she scurried away quickly to her own work desk. Everyone can see that Sehun was furious by the way he looked.

“If you don’t want me to drag you to my office I suggest you come voluntarily.”

 

With that, Luhan had no other option but to follow Sehun back to his private office, slowly, while limping a little since the pain is not going anywhere and also the workers were boring holes with their eyes.

 

Luhan entered the room and found Sehun talking to a guy in white robe sitting at the sofa. The boss motioned the girl to come over and the guy with white robes also stood up. He was rather pale and his body was slim. The man nodded at Luhan for a greeting. The secretary knew who this guy was, he’s the best orthopedist in Seoul or even South Korea.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Choi Seungcheol. You can call me doctor Choi or Seungcheol is fine. Sehun had briefly explained about your injury. Why don’t you take a seat and we’ll get to the main problem?”

 

 

 

The painful checkup lasted about 10 minutes with Luhan’s whimpers and subtle moan whenever the doctor accidentally pressed too hard on the ankle. Sehun looked less than pleased about the whole incident but stayed silent the whole time with his arms crossed.

“The ointment will dry up after ten to fifteen minutes, please bandage it right after that. Keep the bandage on for two days for better outcome.” Dr. Choi said easily, knowing that Sehun had learned about basic medics. After getting the result and medication, Sehun had personally sent the doctor out from the building as a sign of gratitude.

Once the CEO was back to his office, Luhan knew she’s going to face his wrath.

 

 

The young man sat down at the opposite sofa and stared blankly at his secretary.

“Why didn’t you tell me anything?”’

 

Sehun’s voice was soft, almost above a whisper. Luhan was surprised that her boss wasn’t lashing out.

 

 

“I’m completely fine.”

 

 

 

“Does that look fine to you?” he asked, implying on the swollen ankle.

 

 

Luhan bit her lower lip, “I apologize for my clumsiness. It won’t happen again.”

 

Oh Sehun heaved a deep breath, walked around the coffee table to Luhan’s spot and went on his knee on the floor. He slowly took Luhan’s injured leg and placed it on top of his propped knee. He blew it delicately, afraid that such a simple thing as wind could hurt her.

“I’m angry not because you got hurt, I’m mad because you didn’t tell me.” Sehun looked up to meet eyes with Luhan. “I’m also mad because I can’t even do a simple job as taking good care of you.”

 

 

Luhan’s heartbeat sped up at the sudden confession.
It’s just guilt, Luhan. Don’t get your hopes up too high.

 

 

“It’s my fault. You’ve done nothing wrong, Sehun.” Luhan tried to make the situation better. Sehun chuckled bitterly at the effort.

 

“I’m supposed to be the one protecting you now, keeping you away from harm.” Sehun mumbled as he picked up the bandage roll on the table. “Do you think I didn’t notice how people started treating you more badly because of me? I don’t think you do…”

CEO Oh slowly wraps the soft material around the ankle again and again, careful enough not to give too much pressure on the wound.

 

 

“Sehun… This isn’t about you. It’s about us.” The secretary said. “You’re also the subject of gossips and reproach every time employees gather around. It’s not just me. Even though they act ‘physical’ around me but that’s not really they’re fault. They adore you, they envy me, that’s what normal humans would feel.”

 

 

Sehun was silent for a while after that. The bandage was already finished perfectly and Luhan didn’t even notice. He stood up and gave Luhan one of his rare glares. “But hurting you isn’t normal, Luhan. I need the names of people who did this to you.”

 

Luhan didn’t back down as she replied, “I’m not giving you any name. You’ll either fire them from this company or exile the person from South Korea and that’s why I‘m not going to say any names.”

 

 

The boss was baffled by how Luhan was acting. “Do you want me to check the CCTVs myself?”

 

 

The secretary was about to stand up when Sehun immediately went to her side to help her up. Sehun had an arm around her waist for support and the other hand to hold her hand. Luhan can’t help but feel that this fake relationship feels too real for her own good.

“Sehun, I’m really fine. It’s just a sprained ankle and it would have been quite okay if I hadn’t worn those stupid high heels that worsen everything.”

 

Sehun had two weak spots and he himself knew what those are:

  1. Luhan
  2. Luhan’s puppy eyes

 

With a huff, Sehun finally let go of the matter. “If I find this kind of case one more time I will make sure to exile them from the surface of this earth and you can’t stop me.”

 

 

 

Luhan finally smiled in relieve and Sehun found himself following the action because Luhan’s smile is very infectious.

 

“Oh yeah!” Sehun finally snapped his fingers as he realized something and forced his secretary to sit back on the couch. The guy made a dash towards his working desk and crouched down to retrieve something under the expensive table.

He came back with an object that seems to be a shoe box. Luhan gasped audibly.

 

“No you didn’t….”

 

Sehun smiled cheekily, “yes I did.”

 

 

 

The boss crouched down near Luhan’s feet and opened the box excitedly.

“TAAADDDAAA!”

 

Luhan was less than impressed.

“Sehun, I’m not wearing it…”

 

 

“But I bought it just for the occasion,” the CEO pouted like child. “I had a hard time picking the right shoes.”

 

Luhan hates pouting-Sehun because he will make sure (persuade) that he gets what he wants. Sehun quickly prepared the shoes out from the box and untied the shoelaces.

“You’re size 39 and half for Nike right?”

 

“It’s a surprise you still remember…” Luhan muttered amusedly.

 

Even though it’s quite difficult to wear since there’s a bandage and all, Sehun succeeded in making his secretary wear the Nike Air pair of sport shoes.

“Don’t buy me any other stuff again.”

 

“I’m not sure about that…”

 

“People will notice.”

 

“I don’t care.”

 

 

 

 

Soojin was standing right outside the slightly ajar door of Oh Sehun’s private office along with a few other staff. All of them were pale after listening in on the two lovebirds’ conversation. Not only did they confirm the dating relationship between the CEO and his secretary, they also found out that doing the wrong thing to Luhan will cost their job (and their lives if conditions were unfavorable).

 

 

 

 

 

 

A few moments ago

 

“Thank you for coming, hyung.” Sehun said.

 

“I’ll do anything for the young master,” Seungcheol playfully answered.

 

“I told you not to call me that anymore once I got out of that house?”

 

“But you’re still the young master…” the doctor countered back.

 

 

 

They were in the lobby and Sehun had taken it upon himself to accompany his family’s personal doctor to the entrance. Choi Seungcheol had dedicated himself for the Oh family when Sehun was only ten years old and became Sehun’s walking diary whenever Mrs. Oh is acting like a douche.

“Does your father know about you and Luhan?”

 

Sehun pretended not to know. “What do you mean?”

 

 

 

“Come on, everyone can see how whipped you are. You guys are dating right?” the doctor said.

 

 

“Please don’t tell dad. I’ll tell him myself, if I got time.”

 

 

Dr. Choi laughed at that and ruffled Sehun’s hair while nodding. He bid his farewell and Sehun bowed in return. Well, Choi Seungcheol can be the best witness to persuade his dad later on, he’s a great asset for the ongoing fake-girlfriend project.

 

Sehun walked himself back towards his own office with staff bowing at him. He put on a blank face and didn’t even try to smile (to create the effect that he’s still upset). He opened the door to his office and saw his secretary inspecting the very swollen ankle of hers. Sehun had a little smile on his lips as he admired the girl for a few moments before going into his room and closed his doors.

 

 

 

Let’s just say that he had unintentionaly made the entirely floor curious about the relationship.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

this is 2.7k words of pure nothing and i didnt even know what i'm doing with my life. i was hurrying with the story and suddenly got lost in the middle of the plot (i dont even know what the plot is )

and alos i will try to edit this if i got time, send me your thoughts or opinions for the story i treasure those greatly. no chanbaek or anything, just a very tiny sulay if you can see, but

anyway, THNK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE COMMENTS THEY ARE IMMENSELY SWEET I LOVE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH THAT GIVES ME SO MUCH MORAL SUPPORT AND ALSO THE SUBSRCRIBERS  AND UPVOTERS ARE LEGIT AWESOME.

im dissapointed but okay then

im sorry with everything, i hope you like it