Step 1

Where Are You Now (that I need you)?

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan stared wistfully at the sight right in front of her eyes with tears threatening to fall but Sehun couldn’t seem to care and stood right behind her with a bored expression. With hands crossed, the CEO waited patiently for his secretary to see the view one last time before they leave.

 

 

“I’m gonna miss this so damn much…”

 

 

 

“Stop overreacting, Lu. It’s not like I’m abducting you or anything. You can visit anytime you like,” Sehun countered.

 

 

 

 

Luhan turned around to glare at her boss-slash-friend. “Well, sorry to ruin your fun but this is the place that became my home for the last eight years and leaving this haven is painfully heartbreaking. Leave me alone!”

 

 

Sehun took a few steps back from the upset girl and heaved a deep sigh. At least this way he know that her period hasn’t ended just yet and he should be more careful with his words.
Luhan was still standing in her apartment’s hallway, memorizing the place by heart while hugging her empty fish bowl tightly.

 

 

After a few moments alone, she took a deep breath and murmured, “Come on, let’s go.”

 

 

 

“Are you sure, I mean, we have all the time in the world. My meeting won’t start until 6 pm and both of us will have nothing to do for the next five hours.”

 

 

 

“Well, we can have lunch first and after that you can help me with unpacking my gazillion stuff. The boxes are a lot for your information and I have yet to feed my dear fishes. Anyway, where did you put my fishes?” Luhan turned away from her apartment and walked out of the doors, pushing Sehun out in the way.

 

 

“You can see later when we get back, but first, where are we going to eat?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

Luhan was given only three days to pack up all her belongings, from the tiniest thing as paper clips to the medium-sized objects such as her computer (she demanded that her rusty ones will be moved to the Oh mansion even when Sehun had clearly shown her the all new HP Envy Curved PC that he bought just for the occasion). The bed and other massive furniture will be left behind in case she wanted to stay over for the night or something as Sehun had stated that he will get the place perfectly maintained.

 

 

Her other stuff like clothes and shoes were the first boxes that arrived at her soon-to-be home. Even her fishes were promised a bigger habitat.

 

 

 

After a simple lunch at the Italian restaurant, Luhan and her boss decided to head back to the mansion and do the unpacking together and arrange their master plan.

 

 

 

The gate of the residence opened widely as the guards on standby had spotted the car from afar. Upon arriving at the driveway, their car was welcomed with a dozen of guards bowing their head down low. One of them even had the decency to open Luhan’s door and let the lady out of the car to follow the house master. The car was taken away by one of the guarding men to the garage somewhere behind the huge house but Luhan focused on following Sehun obediently.

 

To say that it was awkward for Luhan to stay in this mansion was an understatement. Sure, she had stayed over numerous of times for many reasons; be it to take care of a few important documents or attend to the young man that lived in the house but mainly it was for the work purposes and the idea that she’ll soon share the space and living under the same roof as her true love crush is making her anxious (She still won’t admit the fact that she’s fallen deeply in love). She was usually given her own share of room in the house but this time she will need to stay in the same room as her boss if something came up.

 

 

Same room.

There would be a probability that they would need to share a bed but hell, she’s not going to think that far.

 

 

That will not do any good for her heart but what can she do?

 

 

 

 

 

 

The grand living room of the mansion was filled with stacks of boxes and only a little of them are already empty from yesterday’s unpacking. Luhan skipped her way merrily towards the kitchen, kicking away a few boxes on her way, and placed her fish bowl on the kitchen counter.

“So, where are my babies?” Luhan asked excitedly while opening the cupboard to search for her fish food.

 

 

 

“You would probably want to come with me to see them.” Sehun said.

 

 

 

Started from the bottom, and now they are here. Luhan was actually wondering why on earth would she need to go all the way to the second floor for that because she originally thought that her pets would be placed somewhere in the living room as a new display. Sehun had led her to a room next to his own bedroom and mentioned something like ‘don’t be mad’ along the way.

 

 

The room was way smaller than the CEO’s bedroom (that is for sure) but it was at least the same size, if not, bigger than Luhan’s room in her previous apartment. The walls were painted with navy blue color with stripes of white here and there and also decorations like a buoy and ship miniatures were placed nearby to create the atmosphere that of a sea. There, in the middle of the room, was a gigantic fish tank, with a lot of underwater decorations similar to one you would see in an aquarium. A huge artificial coral was placed at the centre of the tank for the fishes to play around. Along with neon lights and water plants, the fish tank was top notch. It even had a small cabinet to support it, how cute.

 

 

“Sehun.”

 

 

 

“Yes?”

 

 

 

“I only have three fishes, they are freshwater ones and their average length is less than eight centimeters.”

 

 

 

“So?”

 

 

 

 

“Why the hell would you buy that freaking huge aquarium, like, it’s almost 7 foot high! Maybe if I had fifty or sixty fishes that would make sense but… this… I have only three fishes. You’re spending too much of your money on useless things! Look, it’s almost 11 foot wide!”

 

 

The man chuckled heartily at his secretary’s outraged face. “They are your fishes, they deserve the best. I bet the tiny fish bowl is boring for them. If you think the fishes are going to get lonely, we’ll get new ones.”

 

 

“And how do I feed them?” Luhan asked with a deadpanned expression.

 

 

 

“Easy, there’s two ways. One is the conventional open-the-lid way where you need to use the stairs, which I already bought by the way. Second way is by inserting the food on the machine inside the cabinet,” Sehun pointed towards the lower part of the fish tank which is the cabinet. “The food will be sprayed out from the coral pores right after you close the door of the cabinet.”

 

 

Luhan took a deep breath at that.  “I really appreciate your effort and stuff but why are you actually doing this?”

 

 

 

“It’s the least I could do,” Sehun murmured guiltily. “You’re even forced to move out from your home because of me.”

 

 

 

“I move out because I want to, no one forced anything.” Luhan offered a tiny grin to the said male. “Thank you, for the fish tank and stuff. Even though I would have been satisfied with a normal aquarium but I’ll take this one too.”

 

 

The secretary took a few more moments to admire the décor of her own ‘fish room’ and realized a navy colored couch at the end of the room, probably for relaxing. Sehun was pretty serious about the personal room for her pets. Satisfied with the view (and also the special treatment she’s receiving), she turned around to face Sehun, “So, about our plan…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

“Good morning,” Luhan greeted the receptionist with a smile which was replied with a polite bow. Yesterday was a mess to say the least with the occasional banter with the boss on where to put the plushies and other stuff. Luhan couldn’t find herself to sleep at night, be it the new bed and environment or the person sleeping next door. Without sleeping even a wink, Luhan thinks that it’s a miracle that she could still function like a normal human being without looking like a walking corpse and go to work like usual.

 

 

She walked at a leisure pace towards the elevator and soon a person called her, “Luhan-ssi!” A female co-worker, Yoojin, caught up to Luhan in a dash as her high heels clicked noisily against the polished tiles. Luhan, being the nice person she is, waited for her so that they could walk to the elevator together.

 

 

“Thank you for waiting,” she sheepishly said.

 

 

 

“No problem.”

 

 

 

“I didn’t see Mr. Oh today… Didn’t you go to work together?”

 

 

 

Luhan only smiled knowingly, “we accidentally met in the lobby yesterday and he offered to go together. It’s just a one-time thing, why do you ask?”

 

 

 

“Ah, nothing. The staff were quite surprised to see both of you going to work together and they suspect both of you are in a relationship but that’s almost impossible I guess.” she said with an awkward laugh. Luhan smirked discreetly and mentally acknowledged Sehun and Chanyeol’s ingenious plan.

 

 

Suddenly, Luhan’s phone rang as CEO Oh had called her.

 

“At the office yet?”

 

 

 

“Uhm,” Luhan hummed in reply.

 

 

 

“I’m not going to work today. Got something else to do.”

 

 

 

The secretary smiled to the phone, “going to Germany, I suppose?”

 

 

 

The other line chuckled easily. “How did you know? You’re getting better at this.”

 

 

 

“You did draw a map in your room, I’m just guessing.”

 

 

 

Okay, see you at tomorrow’s breakfast then. Take care of the house for me.”

 

 

Luhan could hear the busy backsound through the call and suspected that her boss had arrived at the waiting room at the airport. With a simple ‘bye’, she ended the call and thanked the heavens that she is finally given the opportunity to have a peaceful sleep tonight.

 

“Ah!” Suddenly Yoojin stopped in her steps and opened her eyes real wide. Luhan stopped in her tracks to see Yoojin desperately looking for something in her bag.

 

 

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

 

 

“I think I left my phone at home!” she mumbled in panic.

 

 

 

“Are you sure? Why don’t you check again.”

 

 

 

Yoojin kept on fumbling within her bag and glanced at her wrist watch. “Gosh, even if go back now I’ll be so late to work and Mr. Jeon wouldn’t be please with it.”

 

 

 

“Do you have anyone at home who can bring it here?”

 

 

 

“I have a roommate but…”

 

 

 

Luhan offered her phone to the frantic girl, “use mine to call. We should go to work first and your roommate can send it here during lunch hour.”

 

 

 

“Thank you so much!!” Yoojin said and accepted the phone with gratitude. Luhan managed to drag the girl towards the empty elevator while she dialed the numbers. In the lift, Luhan could hear the panic in her voice during the conversation but said nothing.

Even when they arrived at the designated floor, the phone call hasn’t ended and Luhan motioned the girl to return the gadget after she’s done with the call. Yoojin apologized profusely as Luhan went to her own work desk to start on the daily assignment.

 

 

 

 

“Jeez, what’s so hard with that? I usually deliver your folder if you forget and you can’t even take my phone here?!... Fine, you can come at 12… This isn’t my phone for goodness sake! ... okay, see you later.”

 

Yoojin ended the call with a huff and rubbed her temples tiredly. “I hate you,” she hissed to the phone or more like her roommate. Something had caught her eyes on the phone and neglected her pounding head for awhile. The wallpaper on the phone was too interesting to be ignored. On the Samsung screen, two people were posing together for the camera. The woman was doing the ‘peace’ sign while the male slung an arm around her shoulder like a couple would.

 

 

There is no way in hell…

 

 

 

“What are you looking?”

Yoojin gasped as her co-workers tapped her shoulder and were looking at her quite weirdly. “hey, isn’t that Luhan’s phone?”

 

 

 

She stared at the phone in her hand and gulped harshly, “you guys won’t believe what I just saw.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan typed on the computer with a smile on her face as she heard the commotion at a corner of the floor.

“Well, I guess Sehun’s right. The walk at the park yesterday was quite useful.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

It was already lunch time and Luhan gobbled down her burger in no time. Her usual lunch squad was staring at her with so much intensity that stopped the secretary from eating. Kyungsoo, Yuna, Jooyoung and Seulgi were boring holes with their gaze and Luhan doesn’t really appreciate it especially when she’s eating.

“Want some?” the secretary asked innocently with mouth still full and offering the last bite of her burger to her friends.

 

 

 

“I heard you’re dating Oh Sehun,” Kyungsoo said rather too easily. Leave it to the youngest daughter of Do family to be straight forward in any situation.

 

 

 

Luhan chocked at the accusation and right now her acting needs to be quite assuring. “Why the hell would you say a thing like that?” She thanked Yuna for the water bottle she offered.

 

 

 

“Well, a little birdie told me that a certain someone had changed her phone wallpaper with a picture of a dating couple and the male in the picture really resembles the boss of Oh Corp. I don’t know the details but I do hope that you got further information, Luhan.”

 

 

 

“You mean me?” the secretary pointed at herself.

 

 

 

“Who else,” Jooyoung interjects. “Let me see your phone. I need to be sure.”

 

 

 

With a heavy heart, Luhan pulled out her phone and slid it across the table for the girls to see. Kyungsoo unlocked the phone with a slide of her finger and saw the wallpaper of the phone.

 

 

“Isn’t this Song Joongki and Song Hyekyo?” Seulgi pointed out. Indeed, the two main casts of popular drama was set on the phone and Luhan grinned in victory discreetly.

 

 

“I got the DOTS fever, okay?! I just want that kind of a relationship is that so wrong?”

 

 

 

Yuna glared at Luhan to shut her up, “I saw you fumbling with your phone right before you sit with us. You can change the wallpaper at that time. And for the record, I don’t trust you.”

 

 

Just then, the phone vibrated on the table they were sitting on and everyone was surprised to see the caller ID. “Shoot, it’s Oh Sehun!”

 

Luhan was going to snatch the phone away from them before Yuna grabbed her hands and motioned Kyungsoo to pick up the call. Slowly but surely, the younger female answered the call and put it in loudspeaker.

 

 

 

“Hey Lu, took you long enough to answer. By the way, I’m at the Hummel Figurines shop that you wanted so much. Do you want the small size or the bigger size?”

 

 

The rest of the girls gave Luhan the silencing glare, asking her not to say anything weird.

 

 

“Small size will do,” the secretary answered timidly.

 

 

 

“Okay, purchase done! Are you having lunch now?”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo forced Luhan to answer the common reply. “Yes.”

 

 

 

“Talking about that, I’m kinda craving for Korean food. Japchae sounds nice.”

 

 

 

“I’ll make sure you get that for breakfast,” she answered with the silent threat coming from her friends as they listened to the conversation intently.

 

 

 

“See you tomorrow, Lu. Try not to miss me when I’m not around. And also, don’t work too much.”  The boss sounded so casual and caring as if he had done this thousand of time.

 

 

 

“I won’t,” Luhan mumbled half-heartedly.

 

 

 

Hey, I’ll be back before you know it. By the time you wake up tomorrow, I’ll be already waiting at the kitchen and we can work on that japchae together. How does that sound?”

Looking at her friends’ expression, it was crystal clear that they are beyond shocked.

 

 

 

“Okay, see you tomorrow. I need to go before lunch break ends. Bye!” Luhan managed to break free from Yuna’s tight grip and reached out for her phone. With a flick of her finger, the phone call was ended and she looked at her friends for any sort of reaction.

 

 

 

 

“It’s true,” Seulgi mumbled in disbelief.

 

 

“Oh my gosh.” It was Kyungsoo who had managed to realize the whole thing. “You’re living with Oh Sehun?!”

 

 

Luhan leaned over her seat to cover the younger’s mouth in attempt to shut her up. “Not so loud!” she hissed.

 

 

 

 

It was a chaos with the whole phone call fiasco. Luhan managed to calm her friends down and asked them to keep it a secret (knowing that they will actually gossip about this the very next day to the whole office). And also, the people sitting nearby could hear the conversation clearly, the office is going to be a riot by the time Sehun is here.

 

 

And with that, plan number 1 is a huge success. Plan number 2 is on the way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5 minutes before lunch break.

 

 

 

 

“I’m gonna go eat with my friends in a while. Make sure to call on time.”

 

 

“Roger that, ma’am.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

hahahahahahaha okay this chap is so absurd like i dont even know what im writing. im so sorry for the late update and also for the super crappy chap but i idid my best so i hope that counts for sth . okay nevermind

SHIETTTT EXO COMEBACK ISSSSS HEEERRRREEEEE 9TH OF JUNE OMYGOSH I FEEL SO HYPED RIGHT NOW SOMEONE CRY WITH ME

okay enough of that, ishall pour out my gratitude for all the subs, the very supportive comments (i dont dserve it, i love all of you) and also the upvotes. GIve me your thoughts about this chapt and i'll try to figure out where to fix the mistakes

THANKS FOR READING GUYS!