The Last Good Bye

FEAR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning…

"Hey, beautiful," I said, wrapping my arms around Bom from behind the next day at school.

She yelped slightly in surprise before she turned around in my arms, her eyebrow raised. "What's up with you today? You seem . . . different."

I shrugged, "Can't a boy just be happy?"

She smiled slightly, putting her arms around my neck. "Oh?" she asked, brushing her nose against mine. "And why are you so happy?"

I smiled, "Because you make me happy."

"Reall -"

"Jiyong?"

Both Bom and I turned around, still wrapped up in each other's arms.

And guess who it was?

 It was you. Dara, you were standing there looking shocked. You haven't talked to me in so long, I almost forgot how your voice sounded; like chimes carried by the wind.

Awkwardly, I stepped away from Bom, dropping my arms back to my sides, watching her do the same. "Yeah?"

You cleared your throat slightly, tugging at the hem of your T-shirt the way you always did when you were nervous.

 "Can we talk for a moment?" You looked over at Bom who wasn't even paying any attention to you. She seemed to have been more interested in her nails. "Alone?"

I nodded once before looking over at Bom. "Hey, will you wait -"

She shook her head, "I have to head to class anyways. You go talk to her."

I looked at her, knowing that the fact that I was leaving her to talk to you probably hurt her a lot. But I had to do it. I had to gain closure and say goodbye to you forever.

Reluctantly, I nodded, watching her go. I didn't want her to go. I wanted her to stay. Slowly, I turned back to face you. "So," I began nonchalantly, "What's up?"

 

"I miss you," you began hesitantly, stepping closer to me.

I took a step back, uncomfortable with being that close to you. "Okay."

You looked at me, your eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter