That Scares Me

FEAR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I frowned, looking over at Bom's empty seat. It's been nearly a week since she's been at school. At first, I thought that maybe she was sick, but this was unusual. She's hardly ever absent, even when she was sick. And it scared me.

After school, I made my way to her house with a container of her favorite ice cream. Surprisingly, her brother answered the door, the same stern look on his face. "Yes?"

I gulped, my grip on the bag carrying the pint of ice cream tightening. "Is Bom here?"

"No."

No?"

"No, she's not home," he clarified, his gaze unwavering.

"Where is she then?" I asked, an odd feeling overcoming me.

He shrugged nonchalantly, acting as if that wasn't a big deal. "Not sure, she hasn't been home in nearly a week now."

"And that doesn't worry you?" I asked incredulously.

My veins were burning with hatred, with anger towards this inconsiderate man standing in front of me.

"Nope," he replied lazily, " I couldn't care less if I tried. She's not worth it."

I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath, trying to control the anger that was overcoming me. I hate him. No, hate wasn't a strong enough word to describe what I felt for him.

So I did the thing that I knew I shouldn't have done. I did this for Bom, for the fact that he's a ty person. I did this for me because he was too much of a ing to just leave alone. I punched him.

 

"What's going on?"

I turned around, my fist still held up, Teddy now on the ground.

Bom was standing behind us, her eyes widened in both horror and surprise, a suitcase behind her.

I lowered my fist, "Bom..."

Teddy began to  laugh, "Wow, Bom, this guy's got one hell of an arm on him. How long have you slept with h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter