I Didn't Understand Her

FEAR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's get our board in black," I said, staring at the many display boards set out in front of us.

Bom looked over at me, her eyebrow arched, "And why's that?"

"Because," I said with a shrug, "it's dark, like my soul."

She shook her head before picking up a white board, the complete opposite of what I had just told her.

"Hey, that's not black," I protested, picking up the black board I had been eyeing at for a while.

She took the black board out of my hands, much to my dismay, before putting it back. "I think we should get the white board."

"And why's that?" I scoffed, completely against the idea.

"Because," she said as she headed off to the cash register, "it shows us that, despite all of the darkness that we think surrounds us, that cliché metaphorical light at the end of the tunnel still exists."
 

[Jiyong POV]

I didn't understand her, Dara. I still don't. She, somehow, managed to look so happy, despite seeming to know so much about what it's like to be heartbroken.

Maybe that's what made her so approachable. Maybe that's what made me feel like it was okay to talk to her.

*****

"This project is so ing stupid," I muttered as I searched the web for some pictures to paste around the display board.

"Hey," Bom said, "don't curse!"

"I can do what I ing want, Bom," I said, making sure to emphasize my words just so that she heard me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter