ZACKTORIA: Love Is A Miracle (Part 2)

Stay Loyal To The Royal! Season 1 (SNSD & FX)

Victoria’s POV

(Flashback, fifty-three years ago…)

“I am Victoria Song Qian, a daughter of a family of High Ones. Nice to meet you all. Please take care of me.” I proudly said in front of all the students in the room. Like humans, we ‘Unknown Angels’ are studying things like Mathematics, Science, and Universal History. We have schools, hospital, houses, and more. The only odd about our world is we use unbelievable powers and our place is pretty unnatural for a normal human.

Everyone looked at me normally except for one boy. He’s looking at me in enthusiasm and excitement. I walk in the middle of the room and was annoyed when saw that I seating beside that weird boy. I sat quietly, completely ignoring the stares of the guy.

I was listening to the teacher when I felt something light hit my head. I didn’t mind it at first but when it happened again and again, I finally glared at the culprit. I got angrier when I saw the weird guy looking at me again. He’s grinning widely. To be honest, he’s handsome and very charming, but because of what he’s doing now, I totally see him as an creepy and annoying person.

After hours of teaching and studying, it’s finally lunchtime. Many students approached me but I declined their offer.

I was walking alone at the hallway when someone shouted behind me. “Vicky! Hey, do you mind if we go to the cafeteria together?!” I regretted turning back because the one I saw is the weird guy again. He rushed to my side and showed his big smile.

“No thank you.” I walked away but he immediately followed up. “Oh, come on. We’re going to buy and eat food in the same cafeteria anyway … so please?” Did he just whine at me like an 8 year old kid?! “Look. I don’t like being near to a stranger. I really hate annoying people, especially guys. And definitely, you’re one of them so get lost. Remember, don’t come any closer.” With that, I rushed inside the cafeteria and quickly bought my foods

I stayed beside a weathered cherry blossom. I was eating peacefully when someone suddenly appeared beside me. “I found you, Vicky!” I screamed in shock. I saw the culprit covering its ears. “What are you doing here?! Didn’t I tell that don’t ever come closer to me?!” I slapped the guy’s face too hard that he stumbled on the ground.

“Ouch! Hey, what’s the problem with you?! I just want you to be my friend.” Instead of anger, I feel sadness over his words. “I don’t have any friends in this campus, and I thought that maybe I can be close to a transfer student.” He lowered his head while caressing the part of his face where I slapped him. I felt guilty for being mean so I decided to lower my ground.

I nudged him multiple times until he finally looked up. “I’m sorry.” I bluntly said while looking away from his stares. He blinked a couple of times before smiling. “It’s fine! I already forgive you. Don’t worry. I’ll never bother you anymore.” He said as he stood up. I was surprised by his words. ‘Now look what you’ve done, Qian! You should be nice to everyone, not hurting their feelings!’

I stood up and held his arm, stopping him from walking away. “Don’t go.” He looked back to me then to his arm. “But I thought you don’t me to be near you? If its guilt that made you changed your mind, don’t be. I promise I’ll be fine. See you in class, Ms. Song!” He gently pulled his arm away from my grip and walked out. I froze. I can’t move even an inch as I stared at the guy’s figure, slowly disappearing.

‘I hurt him, didn’t I?’ I seat beside the tree again, thinking of what he said and what I did over and over again.

It’s been weeks since the day I transferred in this school, and it’s been weeks since the annoying guy stopped bothering me. Like what he said, he really doesn’t have any friends here. I heard from the other students that his name is Zack Lee. They said that we must never come near him, because he’s a renegade and a ‘Degenerated Man’, means he’s from a family that goes against the rules of the High Ones.

At first, I acknowledge what the other students said, but after observing him for the past few weeks, I saw no sign of any threats. I started ignoring what they said and tried my best to befriend him, but everytime I do, he declined. He reasoned out the same thing. “I’m a renegade and Degenerated Man so please don’t ever come near me again. It’s for your own sake.”

Now, I just look at him from afar. Ever since I started thinking of him, I finally felt and see the loneliness through his eyes. He might be smiling nonstop every day, but behind that happy face lays a sad and lonely person who wants nothing but a companion.

I decided to take away my pride and everything. ‘I’ll become his friend no matter what!’ I stood up from my seat and go to his side. I slam both of my hands to his desk. He snapped out from his daydream and looked straight in my eyes.

“You! Zack Lee, the only renegade and degenerated student of this school. I, from this day forth, declared that I, Victoria Song Qian, will be your friend whether you like it or not. I don’t care if you ignore me. I won’t give up until you accept me!” I yelled on the top of my lungs for the other students to hear. Zack’s jaw dropped and so are the other students.

“Is she for real?”, “Doesn’t that girl know who she’s talking to?”, “If she’s serious about what she said then we must go away from her.” I can clearly hear all their whispers and it boils up my blood.

I go in front of the classroom and hit the board so hard to make a very loud noise that it attracts the attention of all the students in the room once again. “You all can continue on talking crap behind our backs but I tell you, we don’t care! And to clear out your pretty little minds, I would appreciate all your awful words of you say it out loud, not whispering like an idiot gossiper! That’s all, thank you very much for listening.” I bow down and return to Zack’s side.

I can see many negative expressions from the students’ faces, but I was amazed when I saw Zack’s face. He completely, undeniably surprised. I giggled at him but stopped when I felt something stung my hands. ‘I think I hit the board and desk too much. It really hurts.’ I took Zack’s hand and pulled him up. I dragged him out of the room and proceed on going to the infirmary.

“Y-your hand is really red. Are you o-okay?” He’s hesitating to talk to me after what I did a while ago?! You’re so dumb! “What do you think? Stay with me, okay? You’ll regret it if you run away.” From sarcastic to bluntly yet full of honesty, I said it out loud for this stupid guy to make it sure that he keep it in his mind.

We got in the infirmary but the doctor is not around. “I guess we’ll take care of your arm by ourselves.” Zack said. He roamed He roamed around the room and look over the medicine cabinets for everything we need for my swollen hands.

“You know you shouldn’t have done that. Now look what happened to your hands.” He continued to scold me while aiding my hands. Though his face is serious, I can still feel the concern in ever words he said. “Well, it’s all worth it if this stupid someone will keep everything I said earlier.” I said honestly. His eyes that are staring at my hands are now looking straight into mine.

“I wanted to be your friend, Zack, not because of guilt, because out of all the students here you’re the only one that I know I can trust. You’re kind and to my opinion, I am not worth for you. You’re too great that for me, you shine more than any of the students of this campus. Please accept me, Zack. I want to be by your side all the time.” I held his hand as I stare at his orbs.

When I saw him grin, I already know his answer. “Thank you, Vicky. I really appreciate everything. You’re the first person to do something like that just for me. I promise I’ll be at your side always. Hi, my no.1 friend!” He suddenly hugged me and I did the same. ‘It feels so right. I like it. I don’t know how to explain it but everything inside me is so light.’

From that day on, we became the best of friends. We stick to each other all the time, and if we don’t need to go home then we’re more like being together 24/7. No matter what the other say or do to us, we never let go of each other. We never care and we never will. Everytime I’m at his side, I feel safe and happy, and he said he feels the same. We argue but never left each other without making up and apologize.

I have known many things about Zack, from his own past until to everything about his family. He’s father is a pure blood Zenonian while his mother is a half human, half Trivanian. Zack became a Degenerated Man because his parents didn’t follow the rules of the High Ones.

Our world is called Advena and we, who lives here, are called ‘Abyron’. Our lord, who’s already living for a thousand years, is Zenon. He’s the one who raised us all, who taught us about many things, and only one who helped us to become what we are. We, Abyrons, have three classes, ‘Zenonians’, ‘Trivanians’, and ‘Renegade One and Degenerated Man’.

Zenonians are high class of Abyrons. After tons of studies and training, they can be promoted as one of the High Ones. Trivanians, in the other hand, are the normal class. They live normally and are the regular citizens of Abyron. They can also use powers, but are very limited unlike we Zenonians, we can use our powers anytime we want as long as it’s a good deed.

And lastly, the Renegade Ones are people, specifically family, that violated the rules of the High Ones. The Degenerated Man is their sons and daughters. Zack told me that his parents became a Renegade because they violated the rule of ‘Blood Class’. It’s rule where you must only marry a person in the same class and level. ‘Now I understand why our world is more complicated than the human’s’

But out of all the things he told me, the fact about his mother being a half-human is what really surprised me. ‘Yeah, I know. It’s the first time it happened on our world, and I’m the first Abyron to have a blood of a human.” That’s what he said to me while munching my homemade lunch for him. Well, at least for me it’s the most unique things I ever know.

By the way, I did say that I’m a daughter of a High Ones, right? That gave a big space between us, but in the end, we didn’t mind. Though because of that, I didn’t able to introduce Zack to my parents. And one more thing, Abyrons live for a thousand years and never turn old once we reach the age of 25.

Zack’s parents and I have met by the way. They were so happy and they accepted me whole-heartedly. I laugh everytime I see Zack’s flustered face when his parents are teasing him over me. I am flustered too, but if it’s Zack, I’ll be more than happy if he’s the one I will end up with. ‘Don’t be stupid, Victoria! If you marry him, you’ll become a Renegade!’ This thought always held me back though.

 Gosh, I’m always whipped when it comes to you, Zack! You may not notice it, but I changed because of you, aish!

It’s already our last year in this Academy and everyone is preparing for a Farewell Party. Everyone was so excited, and so were Zack and I. We all worked hard for everything and it turn out to be a very amazing celebration. All the students are either singing or dancing over the loud music. Some are eating and some are chatting with their friends. Some also gave away gifts and stuffs as remembrance.

I was surprised though. I received some too even when I didn’t even expect it. ‘Well, I did gave away some for every each of them too anyway.’

“Hey Miss Beautiful, wanna dance with me?” A voice called out behind me. Once I turn around, I saw him smiling charmingly. He’s wearing simple long-sleeve white polo with a plain blue t-shirt tucked in under an ash gray cargo pants. “Nice outfit, Mr. Lee. Of course, I would love to but I can’t, because I don’t know how to dance.” I smirked. He laughed and held up my hand, dragging me over the crowd.

“Don’t worry, Vicky! Just follow me and everything’s gonna be alright.” The music suddenly change into a romantic one and all students that have partners with them started dancing a very graceful way. Zack then put my right hand over his left shoulder and up the other in the air. He put his remaining hand over my wait. He gently moved from left to right while I attentively followed every step he made.

“Don’t look down. Stare in my eyes. Don’t worry. Even if you step over my foot, its fine, just take it easy.” His words relaxed me. After a while, our moves are finally in sync. Every step is in the right rhythm. I was captivated at his stares that I didn’t notice that all the other couples are already gone and we’re the only one on the dance floor.

A spotlight struck straight at where we are and I start to get confuse. I looked at Zack only to receive a big grin. “Qian, you know that you’re the first friend I ever have, right?” I nodded. He continued, “And I’ve done and felt many things for the first time with you, am I right?” I nodded again. I was starting to get confused and my heart begins to beat fast.

“Well, there’s one more thing that I’m experiencing right now. I fall in love, Qian. I fall in love with you.” He pulled me into a tight hug. By the way he hugs me is like he doesn’t want to let go. “I know it’s pretty ridiculous and I’m breaking something if I continue, but I want to be honest. I love you, Qian. If ever I have a chance, I want you to be my girl and maybe something more in the future.”

He’s confessing to me. He loves me, also. ‘But I can’t. If we became lovers then that means we violated the rules.’ I don’t know what to do. Should I take the risk? ‘If you really love him then do it.’ But what about the rule and my parents? They don’t have any idea about Zack’s personal life. ‘In love, you should know how to sacrifice things. It’s completely needed and you can’t do anything to avoid it.’

Does that mean i don’t need to worry about what the High Ones will do as long as I’m with Zack? ‘Yes. You don’t have to worry about what will happen next because you’re not gonna face it alone. You have him.’ My conscience is right. I’m not alone in this. ‘So now, go. Express your feelings, you true feelings. Be honest, Victoria. You don’t need to hide anything.’

Yeah. I’m supposed to be honest to myself. I already step forward as his friend without hesitation so I know I can also step forward as his lover.

I pulled away from his embrace and held his cheeks tenderly. “I thought you would never notice me or even feel the same thing. It made me happy though, since you confessed first.” I smiled warmly at him. I then called the DJ and when his beside me, I whispered something to him and purposely winked, making Zack frown at the scene.

“What was that?” He asked while pouting his lips. “Nothing.” I flatly said making him frown even more. Then suddenly, a microphone was thrown to my direction and I caught it. Zack was about to react when I putted my finger over his lips. “Don’t walk. I want you to listen to I’m going to say.” He nodded and kept quiet as I start.

“Unlike you, I’m not good at expressing my feeling in direct words. So now instead of talking, I want you to listen to my voice as I express everything in front of you, Zack.” Everything went silent until a strum of a guitar was heard, filling up the silence inside the whole hall. I stepped back a little and cleared my throat.

Merrily we fall, Out of line, out of line
I’d fall anywhere with you, I’m by your side

Swinging in the rain, Humming melodies
We're not going anywhere until we freeze

I’m not afraid, anymore, I’m not afraid

Forever is a long time, But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side

Carefully we're placed for our destiny
You came and you took this heart, and set it free
Every word you write or sing is so warm to me, so warm to me
I’m torn, I’m torn to be right where you are

I’m not afraid, anymore, I’m not afraid

Forever is a long time, But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side
Tell me everyday I get to wake up to that smile
I wouldn't mind it at all, I wouldn't mind it at all

You so know me, Pinch me gently
I can hardly breathe

Forever is a long, long time, But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side
Tell me everyday I get to wake up to that smile
I wouldn't mind it at all, I wouldn't mind it at all ~~~

As the song ended, a sudden tight was received and the crowd cheered loudly once again. “Thank you, Vicky. I love you so much.” I heard Zack mumbling over my shoulder. “I love too Zack, always.”

After the party, everyone had finally said their goodbyes. Me, and Zack decided to meet my parents the day after. I was scared. They were angry, my father especially. I thought of something worse, making me break down in front of them all. But everything stops when Zack yelled, still with respect.

“Mr. Song, I know what I am and what my position is, but even if our road is so stiff and has many thorns over it. I don’t care. I’ll make sure that we could pass through no matter how hard it is. So please, let me have your blessings and the hand of Qian. I’ll make sure to make her happy and everything is going to be okay.” That day, he knelt down until his is already hitting the ground.

My father was hard as a shell, but he gave us a chance after many pleading and kneeling of Zack. I was fluttered to see how determine Zack can be, just to have me, and my parents blessings.

After that day, Zack worked hard. He trained tons of spell and magic, studied everything about our and the human’s world. But all of that was nothing compared to the effort he’s showing everytime he do anything to please my parents and show them how capable he can be. After years of hard work, my parents finally agreed, and to my surprise, they gave us something I would never expect to have.

“All this years, I’ve been observing you two. I have seen something very special that made me inform the High Ones myself, to know about you. Those determination and patience that you showed to us are amazing. Hence forth the judgment that we, the High Ones, will let you two get married without the record of breaking the rules. And we also want to give the title of ‘Love And Peace’, for we have witnessed the true everlasting love in you two.”

(End of flashback…)

As from that day on, we got married and begun to be what we are now. In the human world, you can call us ‘Cupids’. We worked for too long that we finally decide to have children with us, and we have Mei Li and Xiao Sa. To total all the years since I’ve met Zack, it’s already 53 years. From schools years, then the time of our hardships, the day we start to do our role, to the day I had a family with Zack. ‘Pretty long, right?’

“Vicky, I’m having second thoughts.” Zack’s voice snapped me out from my daydream. “What do you mean?” I sat up and stretch my arms. “I’m thinking of leaving all of this and have a life in the human world. I really want to give the title to our children … but I also want us to be normal. Living is unbelievably amazing, but being stuck here for a long, long time is something I’m hesitating to experience.”

I his back to comfort him. “I don’t want to be selfish, but I really don’t want to give them the title. I want them to live normal. By normal, I mean … being like the humans.” His words trailed off as a whisper as he said his last sentence.

“Then don’t, Dad.” We raised our heads in shock when we heard Mei Li’s voice. “Yeah, Mom, Dad. It’s fine to us.” I was about to speak when Xiao Sa continued, “To be honest, we want to try the thing you two are doing, but we know we can’t because we’re siblings. That title could only be passed to a couple who has the capability to show the true everlasting love.”

“We would never have that kind of love, not with this stupid.” Mei retorted, making Xiao Sa’s eyes to twitch. “We don’t care, Dad. It’s really fine. We respect your decisions, and FYI, we really want to experience the life of a human.” Our children’s words really warmed our hearts. Zack rushed to them and hugged them tight. “Thank you, Mei, Xiao Sa! I love you two so much!”

“Ahem! Don’t mind me here. I’ll just walk away. Bye.” I faked sob as I turn around, only to receive a very tight hug from the three.

We spend our time playing around until we’re finally tired. We all decided to sleep together in my and Zack’s room. Their kids were in the middle while Zack and I are beside them. Even though our bed is a king-size, we’re sticking together, leaving no space between us. If you look up in another pace, you can imagine us as sandwich.

Everyone was about to sleep when Zack questioned us something. “So when do you guys want to go? I can inform the High Ones and your grandparents tomorrow.” I think about it for a minute and answered, “We’re ready anytime, though are you sure they’ll agree on this? What if they don’t and punish us?”

“Then we’ll just run. Always remember these kids. Rules are very important and following it is a must. But sometimes … we should disobey it to achieve something we really want. In other words, rules are meant to be broken and sacrifice is meant to be given!” This guy sure is acting cool and all. ‘But he has a point though. I guess I should agree on him this time.’

“Okay, you said so. Now, let’s sleep.” I simply answer and ushered the kids to close their eyes. I was sleeping peacefully when I felt someone is shaking my body. I stirred from my slumber and was greeted by a smile.

Author’s POV

The night was bright and the stars are twinkling beautifully, making the night sky look so wonderful and completely fascinating. Cool air was flowing everywhere and everyone is already travelling over their dreamland. On one particular house, a family is happily sleeping over the king-size bed.

Every member of the family is sleeping soundly, except for one person. The person slowly gets up, carefully moving every inch of its body so nobody will be disturb in their beautiful sleep. The person stood up and walked up to the other side of the bed and poked the face of the sleeping lady,

“Qian. Hey, wake up. Vicky~!” The lady stirred up from her slumber and narrowed her eyes at the guy. “Zack? What’s the matter?” Victoria sat up and held Zack’s hands. “Nothing, I just want to spend a little time with you in this beautiful night.” Knowing what Zack meant to tell her, Victoria carefully stood up, leaving the young ones on their bed and followed Zack.

They walk out to the balcony and stared at the clear night sky. “Do you remember the time I confessed to you? The night was as beautiful as this one that time.” Zack hugged Victoria tenderly while putting his chin over the latter’s head. “Yeah. You also taught me how to dance that night.” The two smile genuinely as they remember the sweet memories of their past.

“I want to dance with you again, Vicky. Can I?” Zack let go of Victoria and stepped back a little. He bowed down and raised his right hand, asking for the latter’s hand like what royal prince does when asking a princess to dance with him. Victoria giggled at her dorky husband. “Of course, Stupid.” She held his hand and lean closer to him. “So what’s the song?”

“The one we used on our wedding.” Zack took something in his pocket. It was a music box. He turned the key many times until it reached its end. “Hold my hand tight, Qian. Let the butterflies in our stomach flap their pretty little wings. Float over the rush of our feelings and let this world witness our love one last time.”

They started swaying from left to right, every move are in sync. They dance gracefully as they begun to sing.

[Victoria]

Take my hand, I'll teach you to dance. I'll spin you around, won't let you fall down.
Would you let me lead? You can step on my feet. Give it a try, it'll be alright.

The room's hush, hush, and now's our moment. Take it in feel it all and hold it.
Eyes on you, eyes on me. We're doing this right.

[Victoria & Zack]

'Cause lovers dance when they're feeling in love. Spotlight shining, it's all about us.
It's ah-ah-ah-ah-all about uh-uh-uh-uh-us. And every heart in the room will melt.
This is a feeling I've never felt but, it's ah-ah-ah-all about us.

[Zack]

Suddenly, I'm feeling brave. Don't know what's got into me.
Why I feel this way. Can we dance, real slow?
Can I hold you, Can I hold you close?

[Victoria]

The room's hush, hush, and now's our moment. Take it in feel it all and hold it.
Eyes on you, eyes on me. We're doing this right.

[Zack & Victoria]

'Cause lovers dance when they're feeling in love. Spotlight shining, it's all about us.
It's ah-ah-ah-ah-all about uh-uh-uh-uh-us. And every heart in the room will melt.
This is a feeling I've never felt but, it's ah-ah-ah-all about us

[Victoria] Do you hear that love? They're playing our song.
[Zack] Do you think we're ready? Oh I'm really feeling it.
[Victoria] Do you hear that love? Do you hear that love?

[Zack] Do you hear that love? They're playing our song.
[Victoria] Do you think we're ready yet? Love I'm really feeling it. Do you hear that love?
[Zack] Do you hear that love?

[Victoria] Do you hear that love? They're playing our song.
[Zack] Do you think we're ready yet? Oh I'm really feeling it.
[Victoria] Do you hear that love?
[Victoria & Zack] Do you hear that love?

[Victoria] Lovers dance when they're feeling in love. Spotlight shining, it's all about us.
[Zack] It's all about us. [Victoria] It's all whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.

[Victoria & Zack]

Every heart in the room will melt, This is a feeling I've never felt, but, it's ah-all about us.
'Cause lovers dance when they're feeling in love.
Spotlight shining, it's all about us. It's ah-ah-ah-ah-all about uh-uh-uh-uh-us.

[Zack] And every heart in the room will melt,
[Victoria] This is a feeling I've never felt but, it's ah-ah-ah-all

[Zack & Victoria] It's all about us. ~~

The music box finally stopped as the couple finished singing, both had performed the last step of their lovely dance.

“I love you, Victoria, always and forever. Til’ the time I finally reached my last breath in the world of the humans.” Zack caressed Victoria’s cheeks. “I love you too, Zack. Til’ death tears us apart, I’ll live and die with together in Earth.” The latter kissed the guy’s forehead, nose, and lastly, his lips. They shared a very meaningful smile that only the two of them can understand.

Zack and Victoria hugged each other and spend their time sitting at the balcony while staring at the sky. Their rings are shining bright like the stars of the night.

‘Love is like a miracle. You wouldn’t expect it to happen because … it’s a blessing in disguise.’