TAENY: What A Day!

Stay Loyal To The Royal! Season 1 (SNSD & FX)

Taeyeon‘s POV

Hi everyone, Taeyeon here. I just had my worst day, yet, of the year. I lost my current job because of my bias boss who asked me to resign just to let his niece have my position, I’m so close to broke since I just paid rent this weekend, and lastly, my phone and pocket wallet was freaking missing! I even asked to no one if there’s still some bad luck that will come today because I’m already tired.

“Please tell me if there’s still more bad luck to come. I’m completely pissed off! Even if I had to every people’s today just to get away from this , I will!” I yelled to the air. It’s already evening and there are lesser people on the streets. ‘How about taking a walk at the park before going home?’ I change my direction to the park. At least, the cool night breeze will lessen the stress I’ve received today. I sat at a bench while looking at the sky.

Without even noticing, my mind was starting thinking about something again, ‘Sometimes, I wish that I didn’t step out the door, that I didn’t shouted at my parents, and I wish I didn’t run away from home, from my family.’ Tears slowly flow down my eyes as I reminisce the past when I’m was still with my family.

The truth is … our life was fine and happy, not until Mom died. She and I were caught on a car accident, and I was rescued and recovered while my Mom… died from protecting me. Dad was sad because of Mom’s death, but he was also angry at me. He kept on saying to me, from time to time, that I was the cause of her death. I can only lower my head and listened to his hurtful words. But that stopped when I’m finally on my last year of high school which is my senior year.

One day, he started to talk harshly to me again but it was added with physical violence where he just suddenly punched me without any warning or reason. I, being oblivious because of his sudden violent act, finally snapped and let my anger swallowed me. I kick and punched everything until it’s broke into pieces.

I didn’t care even when my hands and feet were bleeding or broken, and even when my siblings were stopping me, I still continued to destroy everything, showing my unstoppable rage in front of my family’s eyes, especially my father. When I finally stopped, I immediately ran inside my room and carry out everything I’ll need to live; money, clothes, and things for my studies, like my books.

I stayed on an apartment at Busan. My siblings kept on contacting me, until they finally gave up after a month of ignoring. I started to take part-time jobs from here and there just to keep myself alive. ‘Mom, did I choose the right path? If not, is there any way to take back what I leaved?’ Everytime I look at the sky, this are the questions that always comes out from my head. “Aish, what a day!”

The relaxing atmosphere was broken by a scream near at where I am. It was followed by a loud voice of a girl, pleading for help. I quickly traced where the noise came from, and as I run. I don’t know how but I can hear it clear even though I’m pretty far from the spot.

I stopped at a corner and finally found where the noise was coming from. I saw three guys trying to harass this one helpless girl. This is one of the scenes that I don’t like to see when my day is not good. It completely boils my blood up.

Without thinking twice, I step on the scene and punched the guy that was holding the girl’s collar. I was so engrossed on punching the guy’s face that I forgot about the other two. One of them kicked me on my side, but I was able to recover myself immediately from the beating. I quickly fought back the remaining two until they can’t move anymore, though I also received many blows too.

I quickly held the girl’s hand and dragged her away from the molesters. I inhaled and exhaled heavily as we continue to run with no specific directions. “Argh! If there’s still more to come, then just ing bring it on! I have enough of ty bad lucks, and what more is this freaking chaotic day!!!” I don’t care what the girl beside me will think. I just don’t ing care anymore! We stopped at a convenience store and took a breath.

I thought that the girl will finally go away if I let her go but no, for good five minutes, she’s just standing there, staring at me. “What? You should go home, I’m sure those guys wouldn’t bother you anymore.” Even though I’m already telling her to go, she still won’t budge. Between her stare, she said, “I’m totally fine now, thank you so much for saving me back there. But … are YOU okay now?”

“What do you mean? Even with this bruise, I’m pretty fine so why do you ask?” Her question was really weird. Am I that looking bad and fully beaten?! “Yeah, you seemed fine outside, but completely stressed inside.” What the hell is with this girl? “Mind your own business, Miss. If you want to stay here, well I don’t so goodbye.” I was about to go away when this girl suddenly held my right arm and kindly said, “How about going to my home together? Don’t worry, we’re pretty close anyway.”

“Go home by yourself. I don’t like going to someone’s house, and I’m also tired so please stop bothering me.” Even though I already pushed her away, she still kept on insisting. ”Come on, please~! I also just wanna help you with your wounds, so please~!”

That’s it! After this, I’ll definitely stay inside the house for a week! “Okay… but for one condition!” I pulled away from her grip, and composed myself before continuing, “First, stop clinging over me, it’s annoying. Second, right after treating my wounds, I’ll immediately go home, you hear me?”

She only nodded, and this time, she is the one who’s dragging me. We passed to many houses, until we reached hers. It looks nice, my type of houses. It’s pretty cozy, and is colored with plain white and some ash gray, the style of the rooms, ceilings and walls are a combination of concrete cement and firmed marbles, with a twist of wooden furnaces, a fully relaxing type of house.

“Welcome to my house! My family was all away for work so I’m alone today. Go sit on the couch, I’ll go get my first-aid kit at the kitchen.” I only nodded and go to the living room. Minutes later she came back with the kit. “Let’s start patching, shall we?” I sat on the couch while she’s on the floor. She started cleaning my bruises carefully.

“You know, I didn’t really think that someone will help me there. I was really scared, but thanks to you, my knight and shining armor, I came home safely. I owe you big time so … if there’s something you want, tell me, I’ll give it to you.” What this girl’s saying at first didn’t interest me, except the last one. ‘Give me something I want? Then if I asked this girl for a job, she will give me one?’

“Why suddenly being so for giving? You know, you don’t have to. What if I ask of something far from your capabilities or at least far from what you’re willing to give?” I tried to test her conclusion and main reasons on how and why does she suddenly allows to just asked for something that I want, with a very lame reason of me saving her.

“What are you trying to imply? You mean if you asked for something like physical activity, for example … you know, the S word? I’ll still accept and do it, is that it?“ She awkwardly asked. “For some point … yes. But that doesn’t mean that I’ll really ask for something like that, okay?! I’m just kind of … concern and worried.” She suddenly laughed as she finally put the last band aid to the scratch over my forehead.

“Done! Anyway, you don’t have to worry. I may be letting something that can give a person a great opportunity to have, but I still know the limit that I must follow. So … what do you want?” Her smile made her eyes disappear. ‘That’s one unique and beautiful eye smile.’ "If that’s the case then … how about giving me a job? A permanent one.” I bluntly said. She looked up into me, and stared at my eyes. I swear I saw her eyes shone in delight. “OK! Then you will be my new Personal Assistant.” She chirped. ‘Did you just say, Personal Assistant?!’

“Why PA, and what is your job anyway? Can you please tell me who you are first?” I shouldn’t say that, I’m also a stranger to her.

“Then let me introduce myself to you. I’m Stephanie Hwang Miyoung, the daughter of the CEO of the company, Hwang Entertainment. I’m one of their star and model, I both sing, dance, and act. I endorse and have modeled for tons of magazine or products. I want you to become my PA because my current one is about to retire. Oh, and you can call me Tiffany, by the way.” She explained everything to me without any shades of hesitation.

“Hmm… I don’t know if I’m suitable, and why did you suddenly gave a total stranger a job, anyway? You didn’t even know me yet you’re giving your trust to me already.” This Tiffany is somehow weird, she just smiled at me and said, “Well … you saved my life, and you don’t even look like someone who has bad intentions, right?”

What is this? I don’t know if she’s mocking me or not because of my appearance, but instead of being angry, I felt different. Something is tickling me inside my stomach. ‘Nah, maybe I’m just hungry or something.’

“Well, if you say so, then let me introduce myself too. I’m Kim Taeyeon, a just-got-fired-from-work guy, close from being broke, and a guy ready for any job. If you want to know something personal, then there’s only one thing I’ll say to you. I don’t live with my parents anymore … Oh, and if you don’t like the way I work then just fire me, okay?” I said nonchalantly, and she only nodded and arranged her med-kit.

“It’s settled then. From now on you’ll be my PA starting tomorrow.” She stretched her hand for me, initiating a hand shake. I stared at her eyes. ‘Is she some angel in disguise or something? So nice and beautiful. I can’t believe I’ll meet someone like her.’ I held her hand and shook it. I smiled at her, a true smile that I’ve never shown to anyone for a long time.

And from that day on, I did become her PA. Her last assistant taught me everything I’ll need to know and must do as a Personal Assistant. Months had passed and my relationship with her is now best friends. I was thankful, because after long years of suffering and all the hardships, there is someone who can finally understand me and be there in time of need.

I didn’t even expect this to happen, it seems like she’s a blessing, a gift for me. I’m so thankful that I met her at the park. Our friendship was fine. I've known many things about her, and so are the things about me to her. There's no problem and such in our friendship and nothing change even a bit, until now.

I was checking Tiffany’s schedules and other important appointments when I heard a scream inside the dressing room. I slowly peek at the door. I carefully look around when my eyes stopped at something which made me totally gone mad. Choi Siwon, a co-partner for the current photo shoot for the magazine InStyle was trying to make out with Tiffany without the latter’s permission.

This alerted me and made me go to the scene. ‘Talking about déjà vu, aren’t we?’

He was really shocked when he saw me, but Tiffany seemed to be more scared. I didn‘t spare any seconds for him to explain and I immediately threw him outside the dressing room. “You punk, if you don’t want your career to be ruined, go run, and maybe I’ll let it slip and never let it out in the media!” The model was scared so he quickly ran away. “Be thankful, I didn’t punch your stupid face!” I added.

I turned back to Tiffany and I saw her sob silently. I go beside her and started her back gently, trying my best to calm her down. “Hey Pany-ah, are you okay? Did he hurt you? Come on he’s not here anymore so stop crying, you’ll look ugly.” I tried to joke around to lighten the mood but it seems like it was the opposite.

“Look, do everything you want to me. Punch me and spat hurtful words to me, or anything will make you feel better. You know, I don’t like seeing you crying, right? Just go and release it all. I’m here to accept it. Just please stop crying. Go shower your anger to me, Pany-ah.” I let some minutes pass by first to let her cry her eyes out. I hugged her, wishing that this will let her feel at ease. She’ll slap my back weakly from time to time.

Once she finally stopped, she released the hug and said, “I-I will tell something to you, but first, promise me that you’ll never get angry on me, okay?” I raised a brow. ‘What do you mean?’ I only nodded. She composed herself and looked at me in the eyes as she start, “First, please don’t misunderstand but I already know you even before you saved me back there at the park, though I don’t really know those guys who tried to molest me. Second is… the reason why I just randomly pick you as my PA. I was one of the past costumers from the bar you’re working at.”

She breathe in for a sec and continued, “You’re a very hard-working person, which completely captivate me and took my point of interest that’s why I took the opportunity to ask your boss at the bar to fire you and think of any excuses. After he fired you, I was preparing to introduce myself to you so I can offer you a job, but it turn out that someone was following me, and it ended to what happened at the park.”

“The time you saved me, I know it was my chance so I asked you to go together at my house so I can ask you the thing you want me to give to you. I was fully relieved when you accepted it and became my PA.” I listen to what she’s telling me, and even if it was about the past, it felt like nothing since everything was like a gift to me, not a bad luck.

She then stopped talking and looked at my eyes. Her lips trembled as she spoke, “But lastly, the reason why I did all of that is because … I like you, Taeyeon. No, I-I love you!” What she said really made me speechless, and something inside me was moving. ‘Butterflies?!’ I don’t really understand but I can’t stop the feeling of being happy.

She noticed me not moving nor talking so she quickly said, “But even if you don’t feel the same way as I am, it’s okay. Just don’t leave my side, please.” She held my hand and lowered her head. I was finally out of my daydream. I looked at her teary eyes. I raised my right hand and wiped away the tears, while other hand is still on hers. She looked up and stared at my brown orbs. I smiled.

“What are saying Pany-ah? I’ll never get angry at you, more is leaving you. You’re the one who give me a chance to live a happy life. You’re my angel, the gift God gave to me. Without you by my side means there’s nothing to care anymore. You gave me the brightest light of the day, Pany-ah. I, too, love you, not just a friend but something more special.”

My fingers were fidgeting as I finally said, “I know this is so sudden, especially to me since I just found out about my true feelings, but… will you forever be the girl that makes my life meaningful, the person who enlightens the darkest days of my life, and be the girl who’ll take away all the bad lucks of my stupid life? Miyoung, will you be my girlfriend?”

With that long speech, I hugged her. She cried even louder now, while saying yes to me. After that, we left the building and rest at her house. I had never been this happy in my whole life. We were watching the TV when something came in my mind. “Anyway, how did you know me again, Pany-ah?” I looked at her and saw her blushing wildly. She gulped a lump of nothing before explaining, “D-don’t think of anything, okay?!” I nodded, still waiting for her answer.

She composed herself, and started, “I-it was about a year ago when I go to the bar where you are working. I was first, captivated at the way you work, so full of determination. From that day on, I would take some of my free time and go to your bar. I didn’t realize that I was slowly falling to you, that I even call one of our workers just to investigate everything about you.” She, again, lowered her head, fully embarrassed at she told me.

I only sighed. “You always think too much. I only asked you because I’m curious. And even whatever the reason is … I don’t care since you’re here. You’re here at my side, making me happy. I love you Miyoung, thanks for everything.” I kissed her forehead, and she smiled. Without any warning, she jumped towards me, and kissed my lips. The day passed like a bullet train, everything goes so fast yet fascinating.

Well, all I can say is … ‘What a day.’