YULSIC: Let’s Go On A Date

Stay Loyal To The Royal! Season 1 (SNSD & FX)

Jessica’s POV

This is totally not my day, this morning my sister called me saying that she got a boyfriend, which totally shocked and angered me.  She also told me that her boyfriend was her pet dog, Amber. ‘I think my sister finally snapped and become delusional to imagine her long lost DOG to be her BOYFRIEND.’ I swear I will knock her head once I get home from work here in states.

Speaking of work, just two hours after Krystal’s call, I go to Tiffany, my best friend’s company, because she said that she needs my help at what she’ll wear for her upcoming photo shoot, but for Pete’s sake she texted me, saying that she won’t be attending any appointments for three days because she want to have some time with her boyfriend, which is her personal assistant.

Well, hello! The reason why I’m here is because of her whining, but then she will just ditch me because she wants some quality time with the LOVE OF HER LIFE., even after making me going here, totally sacrificing my beauty sleep.

And last but not least is … just an hour ago, Sunny texted me that she and her boyfriend, Sooyoung, arranged a blind date, without my permission, for me with their friend, Kwon Yuri. Maybe I’ll let it slip if they talked to me about it first, not a sudden text where I’m suddenly planned, without my knowledge, to meet someone I don’t know. Well for your information, I’m a busy person.

No offense but even though Sunny is one of my best friends, I still don’t know anything about her boyfriend and her circle of friends, well because I’m more used to be alone or at least feeling more comfortable in less friends life. Don’t worry. My sister does the same so I’m not the only one.

I want to object but Sunny told me that I can’t because if I back-out, then she will show to her friends one of my embarrassing pictures. Of course I have to maintain my image to the eyes of the public so to not ruin it, so in the end, I can’t do anything but to give up and agree to it. And now, here I am at Gary’s Diner, waiting for that stranger to show up. “I’ll make sure to turn him down immediately so that I can go home already.”

More minutes passed, he’s still not here and I’m already pissed off. “That’s it, I’m going out of here, and I don’t care on what Sunny will do to me!” I stood up and was about to walk away when someone called out, “Uhh… Miss, are you Jessica Jung?” I stopped at my track and turned around, only to be struck by a tall handsome tanned-skin guy. “I’m Kwon Yuri, and sorry I’m late.” He bowed, and offered a seat. Even though I really want to go out, I just mentally told myself to just go with the flow and everything’s going to end more quickly.

Yuri’s POV

“Okay, this is it.” I kept on comforting my nervous self. This is the day I can finally meet my long time crush, Jessica Jung. After tons of pleading and kneeling down at my friend Sooyoung, he finally agreed to help me. He and his girlfriend prepared a date with me, and Jessica. I am now in front of the restaurant where we are supposed to meet.

My contemplating session was stopped when I saw Jessica standing up and was about to leave. I rushed inside, cleared my throat, and bravely said, “Uhh… Miss, are you Jessica Jung?” ‘Of course, I know that you’re the one and only Jessica Jung Sooyeon!’ I bowed and continued, “I’m Kwon Yuri, and sorry I’m late.” I offered her a seat. ‘Please accept it.’

I was far from happiness when she didn’t declined and took the seat, even though her facial expression is far from happy. I tried my best to entertain and make her smile, but it all fail with just one word coming from her. The date ended not long after with me, having a zero progress. I still tried to make a move by suggesting on driving her home.

“Hey, how about I take you home? It’s already dark.” ‘Okay Yuri, you can do it.’ “No need. I can go home by myself.” My smile went totally down at her statement. ‘So I can’t have even a slight chance when it comes to you, huh.’  “Oh, is that so? Well at least let me accompany you until you have a cab to ride on.” ‘It’s the least I can do anyway. After all, this date is somewhat nonsense.’

I was still thankful for she didn’t decline anymore. We waited until a taxi stopped at our front. She goes towards the car door, totally not minding to say goodbye to me. “So it’s a goodbye now. Thanks for the company. I had fun talking to you.” Even though I’m hurt, I’m still thankful that I can still somehow smile in front of her. “Yeah, bye Yuri.”

Her words may be nonchalant, but it still gave me the reason to try again. The car drove away, and I was about to leave when I saw a handkerchief left over the bench we sat down. I went closer to it and was surprised that it was Jessica’s. “Should I give it to her now or… just let Sunny give it back to her?” I was still fighting with my own thoughts when I received a call.

“Hello Yul?” Sooyoung said on the other line, “Yes Sooyoung? Is there something wrong?” I unconsciously swallowed a big lump of saliva, “I’m not really sure, but the thing is… Jessica’s still not home, and her apartment is not really that far from where you two had met.” My fingers suddenly start fidgeting while my blood is beginning to run cold.

What he said really confused me, but nevertheless, I start walking to the direction where the car goes a while ago. I walked faster until it became a run then a very fast sprint. I ran aimlessly until Sooyoung send me a message containing a code, address, and a sentence. “It’s Jessica’s tracking number and the name of the apartment she’s staying at. I don’t know but my gut is telling me that she’s in danger.”

I didn’t waste any more minute and used the tracking code at my phone. When the GPS result showed up, I was shocked to see her on an unknown location, and it was also far from where she supposed to stay at. I ran and ran until I was finally near the site. ‘Please be safe, Jessica. Just wait, I’m coming!’

Author’s POV

Jessica sighed in relief as she thought that there are no more headaches for her to experience. But then she noticed that the direction where the car is going is not the one they must go to. “Uh, Sir? You’re going on the wrong way.” She’s starting to get anxious with her surroundings. The car finally stopped. The driver looked back sinisterly and said, “It’s been a while since I have fun with a hot chick like you, you know?” This made Jessica’s blood run cold. She doesn’t know if she can get away easily from the guy.

She quickly opened the door and ran away. But the guy didn’t waste any time too and chased the helpless girl. The guy was able to catch up and trap Jessica. He forcefully pushed the latter to the wall. Jessica groan in pain and was about to cry. There’s no one to help her from the ert. He was about to start his malicious act when someone shouted from behind. “TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF HER!”

The guy turned around only to be punched by a young man. The girl, on the other hand, was beyond relief to know that she’s finally safe. “Yuri.” She muttered.

Yuri beat up the old man into pulp, and after finally knocking out the man he then went to the girl’s side. He first checked Jessica from head to toe before asking, “Are you okay? He didn’t hurt you, right?” Yuri was fully worried at the girl’s state, especially because the girl has tears all around her eyes.

Jessica nodded, and without any warning, hugged Yuri tightly. “Thank you Yuri, and sorry for being cold towards you earlier.” She buried her face at Yuri’s chest for a while. When she’s finally fine, she broke the hug and looked at Yuri’s face. She can only see his smiling lips and worried eyes. Now she felt guilty for being hard on him. He was totally nice to be treated like that, so she said, “Since this happened, h-how about you walk me home?” She saw Yuri’s eyes blinked many times before answering,

“Of course, I would totally do that for your safety.” He held up his one hand, waiting for Jessica to hold it. Jessica was hesitating at first, but she still held his hand. They walk away from the dark place until they reached Jessica’s apartment. Along the long walk, Yuri handed over Jessica’s handkerchief.

“Here’s your handkerchief by the way. You accidentally left it at the bench earlier.” The latter took it while lowering her head. ‘Why am I so forgetful this days?!’ She thought. When the two reached Jessica’s door, they both stopped. “So here’s the end of our time, Jess.” Yuri let Jessica’s hand go, and put both of his hands inside his pocket.

“Yes, but now that I think of it, I didn’t really know anything about you so… how about going on another date with me?” This statement really surprised Yuri. ‘Is she really asking me out for another date?! Of course I want to!!!’

“Of course I would love to. I did say that I enjoyed your company, right?” Yuri smiled very big. He was very happy that the person he loves was giving him a chance. “Just tell me when, I’m always available anyway.” Jessica didn’t say anything anymore and opened her door. Yuri was about to go when he notice some red marks at Jessica’s wrist. “Hey, can I see your hand for a minute?”

Jessica didn’t turn around and just continued on going in her apartment. Yuri was worried about her again so he brings out his sticky notes and wrote something. He left the note at the latter’s door and goes away. When Yuri was finally gone, the girl opened the door and look up for him. She then noticed the note at the door. After reading the note, Jessica goes back inside with a smile plastered on her face.

Note:

“Go massage and relax your arm to lessen the pain and reddening. And remember to be careful next time! Take care always, Jessica!

- Yuri

After several weeks, Yuri and Jessica keep on having dates with each other. Even when they were back already at their home country, which is Korea, they still keep attached with each other. Little thing the two knows, especially Jessica, that they’re already falling in love, little by little.

One day, Yuri has finally decided. He was hesitating but is ready to take a move so he again asked Jessica to go out again, but he didn’t say that he’ll confess to her so the girl won’t have any idea. Yuri was able to get help from Sunny and Sooyoung, and even Tiffany, Krystal, Amber and Taeyeon when the SooSun couple told them about Yuri and Jessica.

The place where they’ll meet is at a beach in Jeju. They prepared everything while Krystal and Tiffany are the one who’ll pursue Jessica to go on the trip, which the latter didn’t mind since she knew that Yuri is there. But Jessica has something in mind while going to Jeju. ‘I think I’m falling to Yuri. But does he feel the same? We’ve been going out many times, and I can see all the sincerity and good acts of him. He didn’t even flinch in my icy glares and cold antics. Will he ever confess to me, or should it be me who’ll make the first move?

Yuri’s preparation is almost finished, the one last thing needed to complete his perfect confession dinner date is Jessica, who’s on the other hand is near to the meeting place. Tiffany and Krystal bid their goodbyes after they finished helping Jessica at her outfit. Sooyoung then showed up as he’ll be the driver for Jessica. The latter wanted to laugh at Jessica’s confused face. The ride was silent except the music player that plays the song; ‘I Just Wanna, Baby Steps, & 1-4-3.’

When they reached the destination, Sooyoung and Jessica proceed to where Yuri is. “Are you excited?” Sooyoung asked. “Yeah, why do you asked?”, “Nothing. Anyway, Yuri is a nice guy, and you can fully trust him. He never gets angry to the people he cherish and are important to him. And… he is in love to someone I know.”

Jessica shot a look at Sooyoung, only to be ignored and left behind at a place full of palm trees. “S-Sooyoung, where are you?” Jessica was getting scared since it’s already getting dark and she’s all alone. When she’s already feeling hopeless, a voice called out at her back, “Are you lost, Ice Princess?”

The girl turned back and saw Yuri. She immediately ran and hugged him, making the guy get startled. “Stay by my side, okay? And why should we date at the shore, with me on a dress, and you on a… suit?” Yuri only smiled and said, “It’s because today is a very special day. So… let’s go?” Jessica nodded and clings on Yuri’s arm.

Halfway of walking, Yuri told the girl to wear a blindfold, which the latter accepted with hesitation. She was confused but shrug it off since she trust Yuri. The tanned guy carefully guided the brunette as they walk over the ground of sand. The two stopped when they reached the place.

Yuri removed the blindfold, and Jessica was surprised to see a round table and two chairs that are especially designed for a romantic dinner date. The place was surrounded with flower petals, and the whole dining set was encircled by white candles. Jessica was very shocked that she covered . Yuri step at her front and cleared his throat. ‘Okay, this is it. It’s now or never!’ He thought.

“Jessica, I know it’s very sudden and unexpected, but today is a very special day, because I’ll confess my feelings to you. I want to tell you that … I’ve always been in love with you, ever since high school. You may not know me, but I do know you, and you might have also already forgotten about our first meeting.”

As Yuri starts, their guy friends; Taeyeon, Sooyoung, and Amber, goes behind him with a bouquet of flowers, beatbox, and a guitar. Yuri stepped back and continued, “You were still sleeping when everyone in class was already long gone. I just finished my basketball practice when I came back to our classroom to get my left out notes.” He chuckled.

“I noticed you and tried to wake you up, only to get beaten and have scratches in my poor face. But all of that is worth it because that was the time, I found the person who’ll make me fall hard in just a second. From that day on, I started looking out for you, guiding, and protecting you from far away because I’m too dull to come near you.”

Yuri slightly scratched his neck as his face is starting to turn pink. “When I became friends with Sooyoung, day by day I’ll always ask him about you and how your day was, if you’re okay or not, and more. To tell you the truth, the reason why you had that silly blind date with me is because of me itself.” Yuri is still scratched the back of his neck while Jessica’s face was already red as a potato just like him.

“So now, I would like to sing you a song that will completely give you the reason why I love you and need you.” Amber on the back started playing the guitar together with Sooyoung and his beatbox, while Taeyeon handed over the bouquet of flowers to the tanned boy. Yuri started,

 [Yuri]

It’s Just Another Story sarang-ha-ge dwaeh-sseo A-ha han ibangin
Yeah And It’s All About Me eotteohke nareurihaeshikyeoya hal-ji
Uh jeo meolli geomeun geurimja neol mannandamyeon sucheon gillo naneun tallyeo-ga
Haha gaseume chongsori-ga Bang chulbarhae neol hyang-han Race Right Now

[Krystal & Sunny]

Beautiful Stranger keodaran du nune ppajyeo
ontong shinbiroun gamjeong keu eoneo nan mameul yeo-reo
Beautiful Stranger saramdeu-reun marhae You’re Dangerous
nae-ga paraboneun neoreul keudeu-reun jeonhyeo boryeo haji anha No-

[Tiffany & Taeyeon]

Gipeun chimmuk so-ge damkyeojin iyagi dareun moseub tto dareun sesangeseo on neo
gin soneul ppeodeo nal parabomyeon ni-ga i-nneun goseuro hamkke deryeo-ga jwo

Uhohuhohoh           [Krystal & Amber] Beautiful Stranger
Uhohuhohoh           [Krystal & Amber] Beautiful Stranger
Uhohuhohoh           [Krystal & Amber] Beautiful Stranger
Uhohuhohohoh

[Yuri]

nae yeope ho-gishimiran a-i nal bureumyeo ttaradanyeo From Morning To Night
neol talmeun kkumkwah hyeonshilye kwehri sanggwahneop-seo modu deullyeojwo I’m ready
nasseon saram neomu nasseon uri sa-i ara-ga-go shipeo keu kamyeon gipsugi
keu eoneu mugeoun munira haedo
I’ll Keep It Open So That We Can Talk A Little More

[Taeyeon & Sooyoung]

Beautiful Stranger tumyeong-han yeong-honye Angel
sonkkeut jeonhaejineun eumseong keu eumseong shimjangeul hollyeo
Beautiful Stranger keudeu-re-ge neon Mysterious
ihae-hal su eom-neun ni-ga duryeowo keujeo mi-reonael ppuniya No-

[Krystal, Sunny & Tiffany]

Gipeun chimmuk so-ge damkyeojin iyagi dareun moseub tto dareun sesangeseo on neo
gin soneul ppeodeo nal parabomyeon ni-ga i-nneun goseuro hamkke deryeo-ga jwo

Uhohuhohoh          [Amber] Beautiful Stranger
Uhohuhohoh          [Amber] Beautiful Stranger
Uhohuhohoh          [Amber] Beautiful Stranger
Uhohuhohohoh

[Yuri]

Hey There Don’t Be Shy nae-ge marhaebwah nae nuneul barabwah      [Krystal] Beautiful Stranger
mangseo-rijima soneul jababwah nareul deryeo-ga      [Krystal] Beautiful Stranger
neodo ara nan geudeul-kwahn talla nae nuneul barabwah     [Krystal] Beautiful Stranger
urin idaero chigeum keudaero       [Sooyoung] isang-haji anha No-

[Yuri]

saekkkal eom-neun biteul ta-go jeo meolli dareun moseub tto dareun sesangeseo on neo
keuge eodi-deun nan junbidwaehisseo ni-ga i-nneun goseuro hamkke deryeo-ga jwo

Uhohuhohoh          [Krystal] Beautiful Stranger
Uhohuhohoh          [Krystal] Beautiful Stranger
Uhohuhohoh          [Krystal] Beautiful Stranger

[Krystal] ni-ga i-nneun goseuro hamkke deryeo-ga jwo

Uhohuhohoh          [Krystal] Beautiful Stranger
Uhohuhohoh          [Krystal] Beautiful Stranger
Uhohuhohoh          [Krystal] Beautiful Stranger

Uhohuhohohoh~~~

(It’s just another story, I fell in love with a foreigner, Yeah and it’s all about me, how can I make you understand me?
That black shadow far away, if I can meet you, I will run thousands of kilometers
Haha the gun shot in my heart goes bang, Let’s go, there is a race right now toward you

Beautiful Stranger, I’ve fallen into your big eyes, To the mysterious feeling, the language, I open my heart
Beautiful stranger, people say that you’re dangerous, They don’t try to see the you that I see, no

The stories in the deep silences, You came from a different image, a different world
When you look at me as you extend your long hands, Take me to the place where you are

Uhohuhohoh Beautiful Stranger, Uhohuhohoh Beautiful Stranger
Uhohuhohoh Beautiful Stranger, Uhohuhohohoh

The kid called Curiosity is next to me, It calls me and follows me around form morning to night
The detachment of dreams and reality resemble you, It doesn’t matter, tell me everything, I’m ready
A strange person, a strange us, I want to get to know you, deep into that mask
No matter how heavy the door is, I’ll keep it open so that we can talk a little more

Beautiful stranger, an angel with a clear soul, The music that reaches through the tips of my hands, that music possesses my heart
Beautiful stranger, you are mysterious to them, They’re scared of you because they can’t understand, so they just push you away, no

The stories in the deep silences, You came from a different image, a different world
When you look at me as you extend your long hands, Take me to the place where you are

Uhohuhohoh Beautiful Stranger, Uhohuhohoh Beautiful Stranger
Uhohuhohoh Beautiful Stranger, Uhohuhohohoh

Hey There Don’t Be Shy, talk to me, Look into my eyes, beautiful stranger, Don’t hesitate, hold my hand, take me, beautiful stranger
You know that I’m different than them, look at my eyes, beautiful stranger,  Just like this, just like right now, it’s not strange, no

You came as a colorless light from far away, with a different look from a different world
No matter where that is, I’m ready, take me to the place where you are

Uhohuhohoh Beautiful Stranger, Uhohuhohoh Beautiful Stranger, Uhohuhohoh Beautiful Stranger, Take me to the place where you are
Uhohuhohoh Beautiful Stranger, Uhohuhohoh Beautiful Stranger, Uhohuhohoh Beautiful Stranger. Uhohuhohohoh~)

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon, my beautiful stranger. I love you.” Jessica was beyond shock and happy because of Yuri’s confession. Her eyes became teary, and she wanted nothing but to hug Yuri. “I-I love you too, Yul, my Seobang.” The latter hugged the girl back while their friends are clapping and cheering at them.

“Seobang? I like it. Nice one, Sica.”They both blushed. The two proceed on eating while the others already bid their congratulations and goodbyes to the two.

“So … we’re both together now, and from now on, I’ll always look out for you.” Yuri said when he finished eating. Jessica looked at him and replied, “Yeah, and I’ll do the same, so you better not cheat on me, Seobang.” She pointed her fork at Yuri, which made the latter laughed uncomfortably. The couple walk side by side with hands holding each other at the shore, and stopped when Yuri pulled the girl back.

“Sica, I love you.” The girl raised her brow for a second and smiled. “I know, and I do too. I love you, Seobang.” Jessica pulled the latter closer until their lips are connected. They had a sweet, passionate kiss. “Let’s go on a date again tomorrow, what do you say?” Yuri asked after the kiss. “Ok, as long as it’s only the two of us.” Jessica smiled and hugged the boy, which made Yuri do the same.

‘Let’s always go on a date, just like what we always do, Sica!’