SOOSUN: Summer Sunshine

Stay Loyal To The Royal! Season 1 (SNSD & FX)

Author’s POV

Large droplets of water coming from above splashed to the hard ground. The sky was with dark clouds, and the sun cannot find its opportunity to shine its bright rays. The road was slippery and every window is getting blurry by the moist coming from the weather. The whole city was emitting a gloomy atmosphere as the rain continues to pour down.

Inside a hospital called ‘Summer Sunshine’s Children’s Hospital’, a guy is leaning over the rails of his office’s balcony. He released a heavy sigh as he continued to stare at the blurry, dark sky with a pout over his face. The guy was wearing a white coat and a stethoscope over his neck. He started to fish out something in his pocket. Once his hand came out, it was holding a lollipop.

He then goes back inside, not forgetting to unwrap and eat his chocolate flavor lollipop. He lay down at his couch while taking out his phone. “It’s so boring. I wonder if she’ll come home early today. I already missed her.” He, once again, sighed heavily as he sat up. “The sun didn’t shone even a little ever since yesterday! Bunny, where are you?! Please come home early. I’m really bored and also hungry.” He really is hungry as his stomach made a loud growling sound.

“I’m craving for your delicious cooking tonight, Sunny! I’ll be waiting for it!” He yelled to no one. He ruffled his hair in frustration but stopped when he remembered something. “By the way, what time is it?” He looked at his watch and momentarily paused. After good ten seconds of staring, he finally jumped up in shock.

“Oh … my … Grinch! Why did I ever forget about the time?! Oh crap, I must hurry up and find the radio. I don’t want to lose even a minute when it comes to my Bunny’s work!” He rummaged his drawer until he finally found his precious radio. He quickly turned it on and changed the station until he found the one he’s looking for.

“Good afternoon everyone! This is your cutest bunny DJ, DJ Soon! And now you’re listening to Sunny’s FM Date.” The tall latter sighed in relief as he sat down on his office chair. “Today is a gloomy day, because of continues rain, am I right?!” The guy enthusiastically nodded. A smiled is plastered over his face. “Well if that’s the case then … how about I sing a song for you all to lighten your mood for even just a bit?”

“Yes, please! Please sing us a song. Sing a song for me, Sunny!” The guy stood up and held the radio. He shook it many times as if the person who’s talking over the radio will hear him. “Okay! Listen to my song everyone!” A familiar music was played while a very cute voice can be heard over the radio.

Give it to me love baby I love you
Give it to me love baby I need you
Give it to me love baby I want you

Baraneun geon ojikhana
Keujeo keudae pume yeongwontorog salgo sipeo

Gaseumi dugeun neol saenggakhamyeon
Ibsuri binggeul mal georeoomyeon
Jeongiga jjirit ne son daheumyeon
Neul kkumkkwo on naega doen deuthae

Du nuni banjjak ne jeonhwaomyeon
Meoriga ajjil ne moksorie
Nunmuri geulsseong heeojil ttaemyeon
Nan baboga dwae beoryeotna bwa

Maeil bogo sipeun han saram
Maeil gatgo sipeun dan han saram
Nareul anajwoyo naege malhae jwoyo
Geu daedo nawa gatdago

Give it to me love baby I love you
Give it to me love baby I need you
Give it to me love baby I want you

Baraneun geon ojikhana
Keujeo keudae pume yeongwontorog salgo sipeo

Eokkaega deulsseog neol mannal ttaemyeon
Balgiri sappun hamkke georeumyeon
Sim jangi kongdak paljjangeul kkimyeon
Nan haengbokhan kkumeul kkun deuthae

Maeil ango sipeun han saram
Ib majchugo sipeun dan han saram
Jeol dae byeonchi mayo kkokkkok yaksokhaeyo
Uri sarang yeongwonhagil

Give it to me love baby I love you
Give it to me love baby I need you
Give it to me love baby I want you
Baraneun geon ojikhana
Keujeo keudae pume yeongwontorog salgo sipeo

Cheoeumeuro nae maeum jurgeyo
Geu dae ane naega sallaeyo
Bomulcheoreom sojunghage nareul akkyeojwoyo

Give it to me love baby I love you (I love you)
Give it to me love baby I need you (I need you)
Give it to me love baby I want you (oh)
Baraneun geon ojikhana

Keujeo keudae pume yeongwontorog salgo sipeo

Give it to me love baby I love you (love)
Give it to me love baby I need you (oh, I need you, babe)
Give it to me love baby I want you (I want you, boy)
Doegopeun geon ojikhana (keujeo keudae sarang ppun)
Keujeo sesangeseo hana ppunin (geudae inhyeong)

Give it to me love baby
I need you! ~~~

“Your voice lightened up my day. Thanks Sunny, I need you too!” The guy chirped as he continued to eat his lollipop.

“Thanks for listening to my song, ‘Your Doll’! Hope that it made you feel a little bit happy!” An hour had passed by and the guy continued to listen to the same station and the same person. He was about to turn off the radio when the DJ said something that surprised him.

“By the way, before I sign out … there’s something I want to confess to you all.” The guy looked confuse at the radio. ‘Is she going to tell them that?!’ He thought as he starts to panic again. “It’s about my love life.” An invisible soul-like smoke came out from his mouth. ‘Oh my Kimchi! She’s going to say it!’

“I want to tell you all that I have a boyfriend, and we’ve been together for many years already. Before I became a DJ and before I even entered the world of entertainment. I’m sorry if I didn’t inform you all from the start. Whatever you people will say to me from now on, I’m ready to answer it honestly and I’m ready to what might happen to my career. That’s all. Thanks for listening. Goodbye and have a good day! DJ Soon is signing out.” A random song was played then.

The guy’s jaw literally dropped, making his lollipop fall over the floor. He took out his phone and dialed someone’s number. After moments of ringing and beeping, the person finally answered.

“Hello Sooyoung?” A sound of a girl’s voice can be heard on the guy’s phone. “Uh, Bunny-ah … can we talk for a sec?” Sweat are starting to form on the latter’s forehead. “We’re already talking.” The girl on the phone giggled. “It’s about what you said on the radio earlier.” There was a short pause until the girl replied. “Okay. But can we talk about it later in the house. I’m about to go home anyway.”

“F-fine, but do you want me to drive you home? It’s raining pretty hard.” The nervous atmosphere around the guy, named Sooyoung, was finally gone. “Nah, you don’t need to. I brought my car today so I can manage myself in the rain. Goodbye, Shiksoo! Love you!” Sooyoung smiled. “Love you too, Sunny! Take care! Bye-bye.” The call finally ended and Sooyoung stood up. He cleaned his desk and arranged his things.

Once he’s finished, he carried his bag and goes out his office. He bid goodbyes to his patients, nurses, co-doctors, and janitors. After all, he is Choi Sooyoung. The owner of Summer Sunshine’s Children’s Hospital, and the main doctor of it.

“I’m excited on what dish, Sunny will cook today.” He rushed inside his car and immediately started its engine. He hummed some songs as he drive away.

Before he reached his destination, he first stopped at a flower shop. He bought a sunflower plant. It’s still small yet its growth is good enough to survive for a long time together with its new owner’s care. “Sunny will love this!” After paying up for the flower, he goes back to his car and drove away again.

Sunny’s POV

My phone keeps on ringing and many people are blocking my driveway. “I’m not even reaching half of my destination and it’s also raining hard yet this people sure keeps on bother me.” I blurted out in annoyance. I’m not really an apple of the people’s eye’s type of person. I’m just a DJ and singer yet I got tons of fans. Some said because I’m cute and has a good voice.

I am fluttered but also stressed, because I’m like a true star with this kind of reputation and idolization which freedom is pretty low. I want to spend more time with my boyfriend. He said that its fine since it’s my dream to sing to everyone. He also added that he himself is busy since he’s a doctor. I took and followed all his reasons and advice but now’s the time to stop.

I wouldn’t care at what the media and the netizens will say to me. I had made up my mind that I’ll reveal that I have a boyfriend. Natural topic for normal people but a big thing for the entertainment world which is what I don’t really like in this type of work and career.

After half an hour of nonstop commotion, the people go away and slowly disappeared. I quickly drive away because I want to cook something for Sooyoung before he comes home.

I may be driving a little fast but I am pretty attentive to the road and I’m very careful to my place. When I was about to turn sideward, a kid in a raincoat goes in front of my driveway. Thankfully I was able to step the brakes on time. I tried to look angry at the kid but when I saw fear in the kid’s eyes, I stopped. I go outside the car with an umbrella and walk closer to the kid. It was a boy.

“Hey kid, are you alright?” I kneel down in front of the boy and carefully wiped his wet face with my handkerchief. He slightly nodded and lowered his head. “Why are you running outside your home when it’s raining hard?” He didn’t answer so I tried again. “Where are your parents? Come, let me take you home.” I stood up and held the boy’s hand but he pulled it back.

“I-I don’t w-want to.” He trembles as he spoke. He’s freezing and face is starting to look pale. ‘I guess I don’t have any choice?’ I kneel down once again and smiled brightly at him. “Then how about we go to my home? I can let you stay there for a while.” He shot a look at me. For the first time, I saw his eyes shone in delight.

He voluntarily held my hand and immediately pulled me up. “To my home it is.” We go inside my car. He took off his coat and put it on the back seat. He also put his seatbelt on. ‘This kid knows what to do.’ I started the car while he just stared at me with a smile. “So what’s your name? I’m Sunny Lee … Soonkyu.” Okay, sorry for that. I just don’t like saying my Korean name too much.

“I’m Kyunsang Choi and I’m 6 years old!” He chirped happily. ‘Such a cute name, and he had the same surname as Sooyoung.’

We chat with each other while driving. He told me that he has a twin brother who’s a little taller than him though he’s older. He also told me that his father is a doctor and a certified shikshin. ‘His father is just like Sooyoung.’ His mom already retired at her job which he didn’t told me what kind of job it is. The last thing he told me was his parents were bothered by many people and he feel suffocated that’s why he ran away from home for a while.

I sighed in relief when I didn’t see Sooyoung’s car at our yard and was more relief to see no paparazzi around our house. I help Kyunsang on going out the car and he helped me on opening the gate in return. When we’re in front of our main door, I looked for the keys inside my bag. I didn’t notice what Kyunsang is doing since I’m too busy rummaging my bag. Once I got the keys and raise my head, I was surprised to see the door’s already open.

I looked at Kyunsang, only to see him holding the spare key I used to hide inside the secret compartment of my doorbell. I stared at the boy as he skipped inside my house. ‘How did he knew about that?!’ “Noona, aren’t you going in?” I snap out of my thoughts when Kyunsang called me. “Y-yeah, coming!”

Kyunsang put the spare key under the shoe rack. ‘Sooyoung always do that whenever he uses the spare key if he forgets or loses the one he always use.’ I observed how the boy walked around the house. It’s like he used to live in this house.

While I was putting down my things, I heard Kyunsang mumbling to himself in the corner. “They really didn’t change nor renovate the house. Mom and Dad do have bad taste when it comes to decorations and designs. So I guess Yuri and Taeyeon-hyung were right. Minus one king size of hamburger and two packs of French fries for me. Aish! Now I regret making bets with Yoona-hyung!”

My eyes narrowed at Kyunsang. ‘What is this kid talking about? And how come he knew Yuri, Taeyeon, and Yoona?!’ I walked closer to the boy. “Who are you talking to?” I tried to sound innocent so he won’t notice my curiosity. He jumped in surprise and put his hand over his left chest as he breath rapidly. “N-no one, Noona! Anyway, what are we going to eat? I’m hungry!”

I smiled genuinely at him. ‘Something’s weird with this kid but I must shrug it off for now.’

“How about you suggest? I have nothing in mind this time.” I walk to the kitchen while Kyunsang is following behind. “Anything will do, Noona, as long as you’re the one who cooked it!” He’s so cute! “Ok, then I’ll cook some kimbap and kimchi fried rice, how’s that?!’ I playfully pinched his soft cheeks. “Yes please!” He chirped.

I then worn an apron and washed my hands. I started preparing the ingredients while Kyunsang was just sitting at the dining table, staring at my back, and waiting for the food. ‘It suddenly feels like I have a son. He’s very similar to Sooyoung too, only the height is gone.’ I thought while cutting the radish. “I wish that this will be my future, having a son or two with my shikshin yet loving jangshin, Sooyoung.” A smile crept out from my lips.

Sooyoung’s POV

Okay … this is unexpected.’

“One more cup, please!” A boy, who completely looks like the kid version of me, raised his hand while munching the chunk of meat in his mouth. “Where are your manners? Go wipe your mouth now, kid.” I handed a big folds of tissue to my ‘mini-me’, who’s still busy eating. He sat across me, legs are wiggling and hands are busy working on taking every food on the table.

“Thank you, Appa!” He took the tissue and wiped his mouth carefully. I sighed. “How many times do I have to tell you that I am not your dad? I have a girlfriend but not yet a wife. And I’m sure that I don’t have any child from some girls out there. After all … I still have my V-card with me.” I think I got a little far from there. “And how come you’re my son when I don’t even know your name and mother, right?” I added.

He stopped chewing and looked at me. He putted down his spoon and fork, and cleaned his hands. “I am your son, Mr. Choi. I am Soon-young Choi. My mother who’s is also your wife which is none other than, Susan Lee Soonkyu or you might prefer more as Sunny. And just for you to know, you had twins. I have a brother named Kyunsang Choi and he’s with mom right now. I can’t explain the reason why we’re here nor how did we get here.”

‘Sunny is you’re and my WHAT?!’ My jaw dropped as this kid’s word kept on playing repeatedly in my head. “D-did you just say that I’m your father, and Sunny is your mother?!” I held the kid’s shoulders and made him stare at my eyes, in a gentle way, okay? “Yup, we’re a family of four. And I’m 6 years old by the way so if you added the time you proposed, you two married, and Umma gave birth to us, to our years of living, then it’s about eight and a half years from here to our years’ time.” He nodded enthusiastically.

I sat back. My mind was slowly processing. ‘It’s a kid so there’s a high possibility that he’s lying, but that’s so low even for a kid to lie about something … wait. He knew who I am and even Sunny. And he also said that his twin brother was with Sunny right now. Then … he might really be my … son.’

“Hey kid, can tell me honestly, why you and your brother is here in my time which is you past?” He smiled but his arms are crossed and a grin form over his lips.

“I will, Appa, but only if you stop calling me kid. Start calling me Soon-young. After all, I’m your son so please show and act as a dad, at least for just a while.” I noticed his eyes are slightly narrowed and his tongue is sticking out inside his mouth. ‘Wow, that’s what Sunny always does when she’s mad, disappointed, or pissed.’

I closed my eyes, and breathe calmly. Once I opened my eyes, I started laughing. It’s weird. Everything is weird! But it somehow gave happiness inside my heart. ‘If he really is my son then I’m very excited to see my future!’

“Alright Soon-young, I believe you. Welcome to my time and space, my son! Shoot every detail to me while we eat!” His confused face was replaced by a very big smile. “Ok, Appa!” I ordered more foods and I must gonna say … if I have a stomach of ten people, well this kid’s is far from that! He has a hallow stomach! He’s been eating for about a half an hour ago! ‘That’s a true shikshin for you!’

“So … mind telling me the story now?” I asked between our little ‘Eating Competition’. He looked up to me and stopped eating.

He gave me the type of stare that only we, Choi Family, has. The plain look that make others think that we’re just showing no emotions, but the truth is, that’s the way we show that we’re serious and everything we say and do is definitely important. I did the same facial expression and cleared my throat.

“I’ll only say this once, Appa, so please listen carefully.” I nodded and he continued, “So our time which is eight and a half years from your future, our family once again experienced the cruelty of the public people, fans, and netizens. They criticized and done many unreasonable things to ruin our peaceful lives.”

I can’t believe what I am hearing. ‘Once again?! So does it mean that me, or at least the future me, and Sunny suffered from the rough and very dreadful reactions from the public? And all of it happened once again, now with my family experiencing it too?!’ I was about to talk when Soon-young raised his hand up in front of my face. I stopped and closed my mouth.

“Not all the reasons are because of Sunny’s image. It’s also because of one accidental mistake that happened which gave way to the paparazzi and such to ruined you, us, once again.” I frowned. ‘Accident? Where, when, and why?’ “It’s you, Appa. You failed to save a life of someone, and that someone is a member of a very prestigious and well known family.” My eyes shot wide open.

“D-did I hear it right, Soon-young? I-I failed to save someone’s life?” My son showed a sad smile and nodded weakly. I gasped in disbelief. ‘Someone died because I failed to save them. I … failed.’

“Because of that accident, you became depressed and so is Umma. We tried our best to move on except you. You can’t accept the fact that you failed to save someone’s life. Even my hyungs and noonas were trying their best to bring you back. The Handsome Boys Squad, The Lovely Cuties … they all did everything just to make come back to your normal state once again. But then, one more crucial accident happened.”

I was listening carefully to him even when my body is totally frozen because of the shocking revelation of my upcoming future. “You drove away somewhere while the rain is pouring down furiously. Y-you lose control of your wheels and brakes, and crashed hard to a land post. You didn’t make it, Appa, y-you died and l-left us.”

His lips tremble and his eyes are starting to get watery. I stood up and go by his side and comforted him. “It’s okay now, Soon-young. Since you told me about the things that will happen to my future, I can now ready myself and be more cautious to my surroundings. Thanks a lot, my boy!” I hugged him tightly and he did the same. When we pulled away, I fist pumped him and smiled.

‘Everything’s gonna be alright. I promise you that, Soon-young and Kyunsang! Even if I really did failed to save that person, then I’ll make sure that I’ll be strong and never let guilty empowered over me! I would never leave my future family just like that. You have my word, son!’ I smiled in determinations

An idea then popped out from my head. “By the way, how’s the future? Tell me a little about my buddies.” I’m so gonna get this chance to tease my friends.

“Hmm … well, at my time everyone is already married with their partners, even LunSul and KryBer. Some of them are either have a child or two, and some are either pregnant or still readying. We kids always entered the same school and always hanging out. The Handsome Boys Squad is still alive and annoying. Both all hyungs and noonas are freak’n influential!” His last statement really made me laugh hard.

“They’re influential in what way?” I rested my elbow at the table as I propped my chin over my palm. “Noonas always taught us how to be respectful and never listen or follow to whatever stupid things the hyungs will tell us to do. The hyungs taught us many things too. I learned how to dance like Hyoyeon-hyung, play different types of instruments like Amber-hyung, and how to be responsible like Taeyeon-hyung.”

I’m starting to imagine everything Soon-young is telling, and I can’t help but laugh. “Umma and Jessica-noona scolded me for one thing though.” I stopped laughing and look directly to him. “They said that if I ever listen to you and Yuri-hyung then I’ll get spank at my .”

“Why? What did we taught you anyway?” That’s a little weird. “Something about being a byuntae.” My eyes widen in surprise. ‘WHAT?! I taught my son how to be a ert?! And together with Yuri too?!’ “Y-you’re joking, right? There’s no way that I’m a byuntae!” I can’t believe my future self!

“I’m sad to say but it’s true, Appa. It’s Yuri who started it. He spread his byuntae virus to you and to some of the hyungs like Taeyeon and Hyoyeon.” Creepy crawlies, Yuri! I can’t believe that I was infected by your freaking virus! “Well, best friends will be best friends, and just like real brothers, you two shared the same habits so what’s new about that, Appa? Just be careful on controlling your hormones and everything’s gonna be alright.”

My jaw dropped. ‘Is this really a 6 years old kid or what?!’ I squints my eyes while shaking my head before sighing. “Okay that’s plenty already. I don’t wanna hear any embarrassing things I did in the future.” I then looked at my watch and literally jumped out my chair in fully shocked matter. “Oh My Ramen, it’s already late! I must go home now before Sunny scolds me!” I was about to go on panic-mode when I remembered Soon-young.

“Soon-young, what are you going to do now? I’m sure you’re not allowed to stay here for long, right?” He smiled and nodded. “Yeah, but don’t worry. I’m also going anyway. I have my guardian at the park, and I’m sure he’s waiting for me and Kyunsang right now.” He got off from his seat and came beside me. “Here’s a little sneak peek just for you, Appa”

Soon-young raised his right hand and I was far from shock on what I saw. He’s holding a well printed out picture of me, Sunny, hi, and I guess, Kyunsang. We’re smiling cheekily at the camera while holding each other’s hand. He flipped the photo and its back is facing me. There’s a small scribbled words on it. The words written are; ‘The Choi Family. My dream come true! I love you!’

He pulled away and grinned. “Just wait, Appa. You’ll come at this state too. Just keep your promise to not die and stay strong, okay?” He reminded. I nodded in reply. We both stood up and go out the restaurant. We started to throw our goodbyes with each other.

“So I guess our little bonding ends here, kid. I know we just met and had fun for just a short while, but I’m sure I’ll miss you badly.” I scratched my nape “Me too, Appa. It’s good to see the not-so-old you. Take care and be good!” I was about to walk away when he called me. He held up my hand and put something on my palm.

“It’s a bunny necklace but the half of it is with Kyunsang-hyung. I know he’ll leave it Umma later so take it. Once we’re born, and know how to walk and talk, give it to us.” Before I could utter a word, Soon-young dashed away from my sight. I looked around and saw no trance of him anymore.

I then stared at the necklace he gave to me. It’s a chibi-like designed, silver necklace. It’s parted in a half and the image will only be back to normal if you put together. I smiled. ‘Okay, Captain Soon-young, just like what you say!’ “I should go home now if I don’t want Sunny to scold me.” I walk to car and goes inside. I started my engine and drove it to Sunny and I’s home.

Author’s POV

While Sooyoung is driving, Sunny had just finished cooking dinner.

“So let’s eat, shall we?” She happily asked the little boy, and Kyunsang nodded furiously. “I guess I’ll just store some for that shikshin. He’s pretty late. I wonder why?” Sunny also started eating when halfway, Kyunsang stopped. He putted down his utensils and stared at me.

“Noona, there’s something I want to give to you.” He jumped out from his seat and walk beside the petite girl. He handed out a silver, bunny-like necklace. It only has the half part of it. “It’s a lucky charm. Give it to your future kids so they’ll treasure it once they grow up.” Sunny was about to open when the doorbell suddenly started rungs nonstop.

“I’ll go get it. Stay here.” Little think did Sunny know, once she opened the door, the kid disappeared. “Hi, Sooyoungie~! Welcome home. Are you hungry? Come on, let’s eat! We also have a visitor.” The short latter pulled her exhausted boyfriend to the dining room, only to be shocked when she saw nothing but a half-finished plates of food which are hers and the kid’s.

“I don’t see anyone. Are you sure there’s a person here?” Sooyoung asked even though in his mind, he knows who the person Sunny is referring to.  “B-but he’s just here. We’re eating then you rang the doorbell, and I … I don’t get it. I guess I’m just seeing things today, aren’t I?” Sunny’s sentence was full of confusion and Sooyoung only laughed at that.

“Yeah, but let’s just forget about that and eat. I feel like dying because of hungry already!” Sooyoung gently pushed the petite girl to her seat. ‘It’s better if you don’t know anything for now.’

They started eating until they finally satisfied their empty stomachs. “Phew! That sure filled me up! So Sunny … about your confession at the radio … don’t worry about it anymore! I’m here, standing tall beside you as we face the media … together.” Every bit of the tall guy’s words warmed up the short girl’s heart. She rushed to Sooyoung’s side and hugged him tight.

“Thank you for understanding me all these time, Sooyoungie! I promise I’ll be strong as I walk this new path. I love you forever, Shiksoo~!” Sunny showed her infamous cute smiles and used her aegyo voice which completely made Sooyoung’s heart beats like no tomorrow.

After minutes of staring, Sooyoung moved closer and kissed the girl’s lips. The light peck became a passionate one, and the dishes and food were completely forgotten. The night moved on with a pair hugging each other with their bodies being covered with a white blanket.

“I love you til’ the end, Sunny.” The guy smiled genuinely as the girl blushed. “Me too, Sooyoung. Thanks for always being by my side and understanding me. I’m now full of courage to face everything.” Sooyoung then held Sunny’s hand tenderly. “I’ll always stay by your side. Even if our life was already experiencing the most hard and coldest phenomena, we’ll still keep on moving and our love will still be as warm as the summer sunshine.”

‘Yeah, no matter how cold this world will be to us, our love to each other will be as strong and brightest as the sun on the summer daylight.’