HYONIC: Simple Yet Special Proposal Of A Certified Choding!

Stay Loyal To The Royal! Season 1 (SNSD & FX)

Hyoyeon’s POV

“Hyo, I’ll be out with my friends for a while, is that okay to you?!” I was looking for my camera when I heard Nicole calling out. “Okay, but wait first. There’s something I want to give you before you leave!” I yelled back since I’m in our room while she’s at the living room. Once I got what I’m looking for, I searched for the gift I made for my girlfriend.

As I go down the stairs, I was fully struck when my eyes met the figure of the person I love so much. She’s wearing a long sleeve, red and white stripes shirt, and a simple navy blue skirt. It became more compatible with her knee-high, black knit socks, a pair of apricot casual shoes, and mini side bag. So simple yet beautiful … just effortlessly and naturally stunning!

“Stop staring at me, Hyoyeon. I might melt in no time.” I blushed. “Well, how can I if my girlfriend is so pretty?” I divert my eyes to another direction as I shyly scratch the back of my neck. She just giggled at me and held my hand. “You’re so cute, you know? So what is it that you want to give to me?” She said with some aegyo, which automatically made my heart beats rapidly fast and is unable to stop.

“Oh, right!” I then showed her the scarf and gently put it around her neck. When I looked back to her, she’s already blushing. “Thanks Hyo.” She was about to go when I grabbed her hand. “Hey, how about I take you there, just to be sure that you’re safe.” She stared at me for a minute then walk closer. I just looked at her when she placed both of her hands over my cheeks. She started pinching and stretching my cheeks playfully.

“Why did I have such a VERY sweet boyfriend?” She playfully asked to the air. “It’s because he has a VERY cheesy girlfriend!” I closed our gap to each other until my nose touched hers. I shook my head to make my nose brushed hers playfully.

“So … let’s go!” She held my hand and we both got outside the house then to my car. After getting in, I immediately took her seatbelt and fasten it myself. She thanked me with a kiss on the cheek. The ride was filled with laughter, funny dances, and booming loud music. Once we reached her friend, Hara’s house, I saw all her friends that are also her members at her dance group, KARA.

“Hi, Kim Choding.”, “Hi Hyoyeon.”, ”Hi Hyoyeon-oppa, good to see you!”, “Hello Mr. Gentleman!”, “How’s it going, Dancing King?” Young-ji, Hara, Seung-yeon, Gyuri, Sung-hee, and JY greeted me. “Nice to meet you guys again! I’m fine and still kick’n! Just busy for I have tons of photoshoots on my hand.” I patted all their heads because I’m used to do that ever since I met this creeps.

I turned my attention to Nicole. “So I’ll be going now. I’ll be at Jessica’s studio to do my job so if you have something that you’ll need, just text or call me. She let me use my phone on working hours anyway. Have a nice day with this clumsy trolls, and be always careful, okay? Bye, my Dancing Queen.”

I kissed her forehead. “I will as long as you’ll do the same. Goodbye and drive safely, okay? Love you my Dancing King.” She pecked my lips and goes to her friends side, who are acting playfully. Gyuri and Hara pretended to be me and Nic and imitated us while the remaining members were making faces like disgusted and joy with matching type aegyo to tease us. It works perfectly to Nic but not to me though.

I bid my goodbyes as I get inside my car. While starting the engine, Nicole suddenly knocked over the car’s window. I lowered the wind shield and received a sweet kiss. “Thanks for the ride and the gift, Hyo. You made this, didn’t you? It’s a little messy but I love it.” I just smiled and nodded. I waved my hand and drove away.

Along the ride, I made a group video call to all my close guy friends by using my phone and the mini-TV of my car. After long moment of beeps, they finally answered one by one. First was Yoona, “Hello hyung, what’s up?” My choding partner, Yoong, waved enthusiastically at the camera and beside him is Seohyun who looks like reading something. She only waved back at the camera without even looking at me.

The next one was Amber, “Uhh … hello? Is that you, hyung? It’s nice to see you again!” He innocently said. In just a short while, we became close friends so fast since he’s so nice and easy to talk to, a very understanding and kind person, but the most special about him is his amazing talent in music. Anyway, he’s visible on the camera but his eyes are not looking here. ‘Maybe he’s making songs or something?’

A new image showed up and it’s Yuri who I think is also driving. “Hi bro, how’s it going?” He coolly said. Yuri too was one of my new friends, but because of him having the same passion when it comes to dancing, we immediately became close to each other. “Hello Hyo.” Taeyeon was next to appeared and he seemed to be still in bed. Well, being friend with Tiffany means being friend with this midget. ‘Haha, don’t tell Taeyeon I called him midget, okay?’

“What’s up, Hyo?” Sooyoung is also on now. He’s one of my childhood friend and longtime eating buddy. That shikshin used to take my foods without my permission. And the last but not least, the new recruit in our ‘Handsome Boys Squad’, Luna. “Hi, Hyoyeon-hyung, how’s it going?” He said as his face showed up at the screen. “Hi guys! It’s good to know that you’re all available. Now that you’re all in, there’s something that I want to tell you guys.” I inhaled exaggeratedly and spoke very fast. “I wanna propose to Nicole!”

“What?!” They all said in sync. They’re all confused but then Amber chuckled. “What is it, Ambro? Why are you laughing?” Yuri asked on the other line. “Nothing, it’s just that … Hyoyeon-hyung said that he wanted to propose to Nicole. Am I right, hyung?” Amber innocently asked. ‘This kid does have great ears.’ I just nodded shyly. My cheeks are starting to turn pink because of embarrassment.

There was a long period of silence until, “Bwo?!”, “Jinja?!”, “Jungmalyo?!”, “Geurae?!”, “Really?!”, “I can’t believe it, are you serious?!” And just like that, they keep on asking, yelling, and sometimes, teasing me. Did I ever say that some of them have their lovers beside them? ‘And here I thought that this will be a meeting for the guys only.’ After a good ten minutes of questioning and interpreting, they all finally settled down to listen to what I really want to tell them.

“Okay, I’m going to propose to Nicole. We’ve been together for exactly fifteen years as friends, and nine years as a couple. I really want to spend my life with her forever, and I guess it’s already the right time to make my move. The truth is … I already made plans and preparations. The only thing I need is the help and support from you all. So … if it’s fine with guys, can you hel--“

“Of course!”, “So that’s all. Ha, piece of cake!”, “Too easy, hyung!”, ”No worries, Kim Choding! I can give you a hand. Just say it.”, “I’m 100% in this, Hyoyeon-hyung!”, “You can completely count on us, Hyo.” With that, they started talking from here and there, ignoring me again. I sighed. ‘How can I start if they’re like this?’

“So how are we gonna do this? When and where should we start?” Taeyeon’s questions made me come back to life and smile enthusiastically. ‘Thank God, someone finally asked for the plan!’ “It’s nothing special, actually. I’m planning to do the proposal at a place where many people can see. The owner of the Blue Marin Bar Café is a friend of mine, and I asked for his permission. Well, he agreed but I can only use that chance once so I must be accurate and sure at my time.”

“Hmm, if that’s the case then … Taeyeon will be the one who’s appointed for the time management.” Sooyoung said, and Taeyeon only nodded. ‘Well, he’s a PA after all.’ “Okay, so … I’m also planning to show her a video of us, and if it’s okay with you guys, especially you, Amber. Can you compose a song for me, please?” Amber blinked his eyes for a moment before grinning widely.

“Of course, it’s fine! The truth is I’m looking for something inspiring to make some love songs to, and I think yours is enough!” I can’t help but feel so happy. They help me with no hesitations. “If that’s the case then we must start readying for the rehearsal! When will you propose anyway?” Yoona said as his eyes sparked in excitement. “Hmm, how about by the end of this month? It’s our monthsary on 28th so it’s a good timing, right?” They all nodded.

“It will be cooler if we will be the one to play the music.” Sooyoung suggested which made all of us agree. “Then let’s go start and group who’s on music and who’s on dancing.” The two maknaes chirped together. “YEAH!!!” We all shouted happily.

“But what about our girlfriends? Do they have to do anything about this?” Taeyeon calmly asked. “No need for help from the girls but it will be great if you go invite them at the Café, and if you want to, go tell your other friends that they’re also invited. The more the merrier after all!” Their eyes shone in delight at what I said.

“That’s all for now. Tomorrow, whoever of you guys are available, just go to my studio, okay? We will do our practice there. Thank you so much, guys! This really means a lot.” They all smiled widely at the screen. We then bid our goodbyes to each other, and I finally turn off the mini-TV. The cool air brushed over my bare skin, and the ends of my very short hair is wiggling over the wind’s force as I opened the wind shield of my car.

‘I’m so happy, I have friends like them! They’re always there to help you and you can depend on them in the time of need.’

I stopped at a jewelry shop to buy the wedding rings which I’m also going to use for my proposal. I was looking intently at every ring until I saw a rare one which is made up of ruby with a little oval crystal clear diamond. It’s simple yet its shining feature completely captivated my interest. “Hello Sir, welcome to Adrenaline Jewelry Shop. How may I help you?” The saleslady came beside me. “Can I please try this one?” She nodded and took the ruby ring.

I tried the main ring first. When I finally found the right size, I then asked and paid for engraving some words inside and outside the rings. We shared a little chit-chat with me telling the reason on why I’m buying those rings. She gave me her blessings and wished me luck for the proposal. After paying for the rings and thanking the lady, I started walking out the shop.

I was about to go near the door when a guy dressed in black and wears a mask, barged in and raised his right arm. His hands are holding an empty bag and a gun. He aimlessly pointed his gun to everyone inside the shop including me. “This is a robbery! Nobody move or I’ll shoot you!” The robber shouted.

The robber then goes closer to the cashier. He pointed his gun to the saleslady as he yelled at her, telling her to put all the money and jewelries inside the nag. All the people inside are frightened. ‘I’ll be lying if I say that I am not, right?’

The saleslady was half way finish when a kid started crying. This irritates the robber. He gave that kid a devious looks which only made the kid cry even more. Little by little, the robber was starting to get piss off. The child’s mother was already trying her best to stop her son, but it was too late. The robber has already snapped.

He pointed his gun at the kid’s head and released the safety lock of the gun. “You ing piece of ! I’m sad to say but you really get in my nerve. I’ll help your mother from shutting you up by putting this one nice bullet inside your little brain!” He pulled the trigger and … *BANG!!!*

“What the--?!” I held his hand and pushed it up, making the gun shoot over the ceiling. “You punk, trying to act tough like a hero, huh?!” We’re starting the push and pull each other. I tried to steal the gun from him but instead, I was only able to make him drop the gun. I finally released my hold from him. We fought by punching and kicking each other. ‘Why am I even doing this, its freak’n suicidal but screw it! I just hope I could survive.’

After minutes of fighting, I saw his eyes took glimpse at the gun. I immediately rushed to the gun but unfortunately, he kicked my left foot, making me trip over and hard. ‘Talking about how unlucky I am today.’ He then ran to the gun and before I could react fast, a loud shot of a caliber was heard inside the shop.

I looked at my left chest as it started to pour red fluids from my clothes to the floor. My vision is starting to get blur. ‘Is it over for me already? But I still didn’t able to propose to Nicole! Please don’t let my life end like this. I want to live! I want to stay on Nicole’s side and not die miserably like this! Not now, NOT EVER!!!’

I momentarily closed my eyes as I feel the end of me.

“Sir? Sir, are you alright?” I opened my eyes and was surprised to see the saleslady’s worried face. “Huh? Why? What is it, Miss?” I’m starting to get confused. “It’s nothing, Sir. It’s just that you’re spacing out. Is something bothering you?” I blinked my eyes several times before replying “Oh, I’m fine, just experiencing both excited and nervous feeling. You see … I’m planning to propose to my girlfriend.” She just nodded and smiled at me.

I paid for engraving some words into the rings. ‘Is that some kind of a vision, a déjà vu or something?!’ I put my hand over my left chest. “No hole, no blood.” I muttered.

After paying for all, I walked away. While turning around, a guy bumped over me. He looked at me and moved closer. He whispered something at my ear which made me widen my eyes. “Use this opportunity and win the fight. You better not die again, okay? Good luck, Mr. Kim.” I stepped back and looked at him, only to receive a bow and an apology. He just walked away without explaining anything to me.

‘So the robbery was true?! He knows me, and he also knew something about the robbery. Does this mean that I go back from the time I’m still picking the rings a while ago?!’ I was still confused of everything but was pulled back to reality by a loud bumping sound coming from the shop entrance. My eyes can’t get any wider when I saw the robber again. ‘What the heck?! This is real!’

Just like what happened in my so called ‘vision’, I fought the robber when he pointed his gun at the crying kid. When he finally dropped the gun, the adrenaline feeling quickly rushed to my whole body. ‘This is it! You better do it right, Hyoyeon!’ I ran to where the gun is, not forgetting to jump across from his sneaky leg. ‘Gotcha!’ I successfully escaped his tricks and got the gun. Before he can react and get a hold on me, I already pointed the revolver at him.

“Go down on your knees, Mister, if you don’t want me to shoot you.” I can see the rage in his eyes. I smirked. “Miss, go call the police. Everything’s alright now.” I told the saleslady and gave her my reassuring smile. I then take back my attention to the robber, but was shocked to see him crying. He finally let his body fall over his knees, kneeling down while lowering his head.

“Please, I know that what I am doing is wrong, but my wife and only son are sick. I don’t have a job and we’re very poor. I … I need money to cure my family. Please, h-help me.” Everyone inside the shop may not believe him, but I do. I can clearly see and feel the truth and honesty in his words. I sighed and put down the gun. I slowly walk to near him. I bent over and put my hands over his shoulders.

“What’s your home address? What are the names of your wife and son? Are they already confined in a hospital? Tell me every details and I’ll help you.” He looked up to me, and his eyes shone in disbelief and confusion. “W-why are you doing this? I-I almost killed you yet you’re planning to help me. Why?”

I, again, heave a sigh before answering, “Well, as far as I can see, your reason is somehow acceptable. You love your family and you don’t want them to be gone so you forced yourself to do something against the law. I completely understand that so without any farther thinking and decision making, I will help you.” He began to cry again. He bowed down many times. His head is hitting the floor. “Thank you so much. I’m really sorry!!!” He kept on apologizing.

I stopped him and made him looked at my eyes. “Look, all people made mistakes, especially if someone or something important to them is at stake which made them go panicking and can’t think straight. But in every mistakes you do, you can learn something. And the most important is, you can change and make all the bad things you did to go right.” He stared at me for a minute and stood up.

“I-I understand what you mean, Sir. I, Kris Wu, am willing to turn over and repay all my faults inside the prison.” He bowed, and after a while, the police are finally here.

He really did turn himself over the police. He gave me all the information I needed to help him. I can completely see the happiness and hope in his eyes. I drove back to my studio like nothing really happened. I called some of my workers and told them to go and check the Wu family. “It’s a very tiring day but there’s still something I must do. I must get myself ready. Hyoyeon, fighting!”

The day of proposal…

Oh my god! My heart is beating fast, my face is full of cold sweat, and I can’t help myself but to fidget over my seat. ‘I didn’t expect that I’ll be this kind of nervous!’

I am waiting for Nicole to come home. The place is already set and the whole gang is ready to roll anytime. After a good one hour of waiting, the main door swung open, revealing my lovely girlfriend. “Hi, DK! Did you miss me?” She quickly goes to my side and hugged me. “Yup!” I kissed her cheek and hug her back.

“Are you ready for our date?” I asked her as she walked to the kitchen to drink some water. After gulping the whole glass of it, she shot me a look. “What? You didn’t tell me about having a date tonight. But speaking of today … Happy Monthsary, my love!” She blew a cute flying kiss to me. I, being a choding, playfully caught the invisible kiss and acted childish by giggling and wiggling over the couch. “Okay, then go change now. I’ll just wait for you here.”

She then goes inside our room to change her clothes while I secretly texted my buddies.

From: Prince Shrek       To: The Handsome Boys Squad       (9:13pm _ 03/28/2016)

‘Hey guys, we’re about to go. Is everything alright there? Just give me twenty minutes, okay?’

From: The Handsome Boys Squad (Black Hole)       To: Prince Shrek       (9:15pm _ 03/28/2016)

‘Everything’s fine. All things are going smoothly so don’t worry. Okay, be careful bro.’

“Who’s that?” I was startled when Nicole suddenly appeared behind me. “Oh, it’s Yuri. He’s just greeting us.” She nodded. I held her hand and stood up. “So let’s go?”, “Yeah!” We then proceed on entering our car. While driving, I secretly texted the squad to ready everything. The ride was a little quieter than I expected.

“We’re here!” I call Nicole’s attention. She looked up and was surprised to see that we’re in front of a Bar Café. “Let’s go in, should we?” I held her hand and help her on going out the car. We walked inside silently while I sneakily showed a letter to the bouncer. He gave me a slight nod, indicating that he know and understand who I am. ‘Okay, the show starts NOW!’

Nicole’s POV

We got inside the Bar and I can’t help myself to be surprised. There are so many people dancing and having fun here. I’m dancing a little since the music was so cool and entertaining. I then looked at Hyoyeon and was confused to see him waved his hand to someone. I looked down was surprised to see our friends.

“Hyoyeon! Nicole! Go down here! Let’s have some fun!” Sooyoung said enthusiastically. Hyoyeon then pulled me gently down the stairs and sat beside our best buddies.

“Hi there, cheese balls! How’s your day today?” Taeyeon teasingly asked. All of them, except the minors, seemed to be a little bit drunk. “Nothing special.” I plainly said. Well, it’s fine if we don’t go and do something too much on our special days. We’re fine as long as we’re spending most of that day together. “Oh … then how about a little dance?” Tiffany-unnie suggested. She’s smiling cheekily.

“Okay. But first, is this four allowed to be here?” I curiously asked. They all nodded. “I allowed Krystal. And the others are also allowed. We’re here anyway so if they do something bad, we’ll just teach them a lesson. Right, Amber?” Jessica gave Amber a scary smile. The latter only nodded as he gulped and hid behind Krystal.

We all danced for at least an hour until the guys, including Hyoyeon, told us that they’ll go and take something somewhere. We girls allowed them, though I was a little curious. They were gone for about a half an hour which made me finally stand up from my chair. ‘What’s going on? Why aren’t they back yet?!’

I’m about to walk to where they go earlier but was stopped when the music suddenly disappeared. A spotlight suddenly pointed exactly at me, and a loud shout was heard. “WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU’RE GOING, MY QUEEN?!” I diverted my eyes to the stage and the curtain that covers it was slowly pulled up, revealing Hyoyeon and his friends behind him. All of them are grinning at me, and I looked back at the girls. I only received an okay sign and a sentence, ‘Go ahead, Nic! Fighting! Heart-heart!’

My feet then led me closer to the stage. “Today is a very special day. Wanna know why?!” Hyoyeon asked the crowed and was questioned why. “Well, because today I’m going to propose to the girl I love so much!” My eyes widened and my jaws literally dropped. ‘Did he just say PROPOSE?! Then this means he’s ready to make me his?!’ I can’t stop myself smiling from ear to ear. The whole crowd giggled at him.

“NICOLE JUNG YONGJU! I, HYOYEON KIM, AM ASKING THIS ONE LITTLE QUESTION TO YOU. PLEASE ANSWER ME HONESTLY!” He take a very deep breathe and exclaimed shamelessly, “WILL YOU BE THIS STUPID CHODING’S GIRL?! WILL YOU STAY BY MY SIDE FOREVER AND BE MY ONE AND ONLY DANCING QUEEN?! NICOLE, WILL YOU MARRY ME?!” He then raised his right hand, which seemed to hold something, while breathes in and out rapidly. The smile from his face never leaved him.

I silently walked up the stage and took his microphone. I calmly breathe first before yelling back, “I DOOOO!!!” A brief moment was given until the crowed suddenly cheered loud at us. We all smiled. “Well, it seems like I’m getting married soon, guys! Are you ready for some lovely music?!” Hyoyeon asked the crowd. I looked at his right hand and saw a ring.

“Nic, before I give you this ring, there’s something I want to tell you first.” He and his buddies left me at the stage. I followed them, only to see them at the dance floor.

Yuri, Yoona, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon are formed into a formation while the remaining guys are at the back, holding some instruments. Amber has a ukulele while Taeyeon has a beatbox, and last is Luna, who has a tambourine. I stood there as I watched them prepare. The girls walked beside me while smiling at their boyfriends.

A big screen behind them appeared and showed a video clip of me, and Hyoyeon’s photos together. A loud beat then was heard and Amber started strumming his ukulele. The four also started dancing.

[Hyoyeon]

There's no way to say this song's about someone else. Every time you're not in my arms I start to lose myself
Someone please pass me my shades. Don't let 'em see me down
You have taken over my days. So tonight I'm going out

[Luna & Amber]

Yet I'm feeling like. There is no better place than right by your side
I had a little taste. And I'll only spoil the party anyway
[Taeyeon] 'Cause all the girls are looking fine. But you're the only one on my mind

[The Handsome Boys Squad]

La da dee. La da dee doo. [Sooyoung] La da da me. La da da you
La da dee. La da dee doo. [Yuri] There's only me. There's only you
La da dee. La da dee doo. [Sooyoung] La da da me. La da da you
La da dee. La da dee doo. [Yuri] When you were gone I think of you

[Hyoyeon]

All these places packed with people but your face is all I see
And the music's way too loud but your voice won't let me be
So many pretty girls around. They're just dressing to impress
[Hyoyeon, Yoona, Yuri & Sooyoung] But the thought of you alone has got me spun. And I don't know what to say next

[Taeyeon & Yoona]

Yet I'm feeling like. There is no better place than right by your side
I had a little taste. And I'll only spoil the party anyway,
[Yuri & Sooyoung] 'Cause all the girls are looking fine. But you're the only one on my mind

[The Handsome Boys Squad]

La da dee. La da dee doo. [Amber] La da da me. La da da you
La da dee. La da dee doo. [Luna] There's only me. There's only you
La da dee. La da dee doo. [Amber] La da da me. La da da you.
La da dee. La da dee doo. [Luna] When you were gone I think of you

[The Handsome Boys Squad]

La da dee. La da dee doo. [Amber] La da da me. La da da you
La da dee. La da dee doo. [Luna] There's only me. There's only you
La da dee. La da dee doo. [Amber] La da da me. La da da you.
La da dee. La da dee doo. [Luna] When you were gone I think of you

[Hyoyeon]

I pretend the night is so beautiful. Take a photo with the bros
[Amber] La da dee. La da da doo
They won't see through my disguise. Right here behind my eyes
[Taeyeon & Luna] Replaying in my mind. La de da

[Yuri & Sooyoung]

Yet I'm feeling like. There is no better place than right by your side
I had a little taste. And I'll only spoil the party anyway
[Yoona] 'Cause all the girls are looking fine. But you're the only one on my mind

[The Handsome Boys Squad]

La da dee. La da dee doo. La da da me. La da da you
La da dee. La da dee doo. [Hyoyeon] There's only me. There's only you
La da dee. La da dee doo. La da da me. La da da you
La da dee. La da dee doo. [Hyoyeon] When you were gone I think of you

[The Handsome Boys Squad]

La da dee. La da dee doo. La da da me. La da da you
La da dee. La da dee doo. [Hyoyeon] There's only me. There's only you
La da dee. La da dee doo. La da da me. La da da you
La da dee. La da dee doo. [Hyoyeon] When you were gone I think of you~~~

I can’t stop myself anymore and I jumped right in front of Hyoyeon. He caught me spanned me around the dance floor. We spin around while our friends and the crowd are clapping at us. “Nice song, my King!” I kissed him. “Only for you, my Queen.” He then put me down and showed the ring. He gently put the ring on my finger. I looked closer to the ring and read the engraved words.

‘DK’s’ He showed his and a ‘DQ’s’ is engraved.

He hugged me and said, “I love you, Nicole. Thank you for everything.” I hugged back. ”I love you too, Hyoyeon. Now is the start of our new beginning. I’ll always be your Dancing Queen while you’re my Dancing King. My forever Choding.” I kissed him again while our bodies are slowly moving at the music.

‘There’s only me, there’s only you on our hearts HYOYEON/NICOLE.’