KRYBER: My Pet Boyfriend

Stay Loyal To The Royal! Season 1 (SNSD & FX)

Author’s POV

In the dark, stiff, and smelly dumpsite, lives a puppy with a very odd pair of eyes. It has two colors, on the right eye is blue, while the left eye is yellow. It has beautiful but dirty furs. Its color is a combination of white, black, and gray. It also has perfect and shiny teeth, with sharp fangs and claws.

One night, the pug was searching for food at the street. As the time passes, the sky is slowly turning into dark one, and all the people walking in the sidewalks earlier were already gone. But these didn’t stop the dog on searching something for him to eat. He continued to run and look even when the rain started to pour down the road.

He was able to find some leftovers at the garbage area, beside the restaurant called ‘Tiger D’s Resto’. He was peacefully eating when loud barks started to roar over the area where he was eating all of a sudden. The noise was becoming louder as the dogs gets nearer. After just a minute, three big pitbulls showed up. Its big teeth were showing up, and loud growls are coming out as they breathe.

But still, the puppy isn’t going away at where he is. He didn’t flinch nor move for even a little. The pitbulls started bumping all the garbage bins, and bark sinisterly as they come closer and closer. The weird dog finally stopped eating and paid his attention to the bigger dogs in front of him. Within just a minute of devious staring contest between the two, the fight of the dogs begun and finished fast.

The lonely dog won but had received many bites, wounds and scratches, and is bleeding badly. It slowly crawls in the middle of the wet street. Little thing the dog knew that a teenage girl was nearby and was about to go inside a taxi when suddenly, the girl noticed the dog. The girl was worried about the situation the dog was into, so she took the dog with her and goes home with it. The dog was confused yet thankful at the girl’s action.

The girl took good care of the dog. She cleaned him, nursed his badly injured body, and aided him with love. The girl didn’t know why but she just mindlessly decided to take the dog in even without her family’s permission. And just like that, she gave the puppy a name and took him as her pet.

As time passes, the two became very close to each other. The girl even fought her sister many times just to let the dog stay inside the house. The dog was happy, very happy. He grew with much strong and healthier body now. No more fights, no more wounds, no more suffering.

Until one day, the girl has begun to forget, little by little, to take care of the dog. She’s beginning to study at a college school, and also started to have a relationship. She was too busy studying to have time for her pet. The dog was beginning to feel sad and lonely again, but at the same time, can’t do anything about it. After all, he is JUST A PET.

And then one late night, the girl’s boyfriend came home together with her while they’re making out. The dog was very angry, he attacked the guy, biting him hard, leaving a large wound over his flesh. The girl was angry at the dog that she didn’t think twice and literally kicked the dog out of her house.

The dog was shocked, but then he didn’t groan because of the pain he received from the kick but because of the anger he saw from the girl he always looked up. He left the girl’s house with a heavy heart.

Since that day, the girl never let the dog go in, and the dog, being so depressed, sad, and guilty of what he did, he goes far away from the girl, and never tried to go back and asked for forgiveness. He felt bad for hurting the person who’s much more important to the girl than him. If only he didn’t let jealousy took over him, maybe he’s still staying at the girl’s side, being cared and loved by her tender hands and humble voice.

As days goes by, the girl started to feel guilty, and at the same time, lonely. She let anger took over her that she did something she regretted the most. The cheerful, lovely dog that will always wakes her up with a big happy smile, the dog that will always makes her feel better when she’s down, and the dog that will always protects her from harm, was now gone and may not even go back anymore.

She wanted him back, call it ironic and crazy, but the girl had fallen in love at the dog that she choose to break up with her boyfriend, Kai, just for maybe the dog might come back to her if she did so. The dog on the other side was back to his old life, scavenging for food, fighting other dogs to live, and walk alone on the stinky crowded street with either big and fatal wounds or broken bones.

One very dark and cold night, the dog and the girl were both looking at the sky. Both had tears rolling on their cheeks. A one shining shooting star passed by, and the two both closed their eyes. They, even when they’re both in different places, both wished the same. ‘Please, let me be at your side once again, Krystal/Amber.’

Feeling tired, sad, and lonely, Krystal laid her body to the bed and set herself to sleep, while Amber, who’s about to go to a quieter place, was dazzled by a shining light. The light slowly surrounded the place where the dog is, and in just a second, the dog disappeared. No one knows where he is or what even happened to him.

The sun rises above the sky, and the birds started to tweet happily. The sleeping girl slowly moves and squinted her eyes, she stretched her arms and legs when suddenly, an irritating yet tickling furs brushed over her skin. Krystal opened her eyes, and was shocked on what she saw. A guy was sleeping beside her, and what’s more shocking is, the guy has furs, paws, a tail, and ears of a dog. She screamed in terror.

The half-dog, half-human then woke up with a very alert yet worried face. His mind was not functioning that much at first, for he didn’t realized that there was a person near him. He just looked around the room and examined every parts of it, not until a table lamp hit his head which made him lose consciousness.

Krystal was scared but ready to hit the guy once again. And to make sure that this said guy won’t jump at her anytime soon, she tied him up on a chair. After an hour of waiting, the latter finally moved. Krystal raised the frying pan she’s been holding on ever since the time she waited for the guy to wake up. Both her sister and mother are not in the house, and so is her father, because they all have business appointments today so she’s all alone.

On Amber’s side, he slowly opened his eyes as he tries to stabilize his vision properly. When he finally regained full consciousness, he looked up to the person in front of him and stared. He can’t believe what he’s seeing right now. He saw her again, right before his eyes. Krystal also stared at the latter’s eyes, she find the guy’s eyes odd. Its eyes are pretty similar to her dog. ‘Blue and yellow just like Amber’s.’

Amber moved a little but he felt that something is preventing him to, he looked down and saw the ropes around him, but the more unknown thing to him is his body. He doesn’t know what happened to him or how he had a body of a human. Krystal came closer, and her stare towards Amber didn’t disappear, something tickles her inside her stomach as she gets closer and closer to the mysterious lad. Amber also felt the same.

Amber didn’t waste any more time, he look up to Krystal and kindly said with a smile, “Princess Krystal, I’m back.” These made Krystal gasped and tear up immediately. She dropped the frying pan and covered with her hands. The dog she’s been missing for over six months was finally backed to her side. She didn’t spend anymore minute and hugged him affectionately. “I’m so sorry, Krys. I promise, I’ll never get in your way from now on, just let me stay by your side.”

“No Amber, I should be the one who’s saying sorry. I’m sorry for everything that I’ve done to you, for kicking you out, for almost forgetting to take care of you, and for being bad to you. Please, please don’t leave my side anymore. I’ve missed you so much, Amber.” Krystal sincerely said out all the things that she felt. She even tightens her arms around Amber. Amber only replied with a kiss on the forehead, because his arms are still tied up.

Upon noticing the struggle the latter is experiencing, Krystal quickly untied the rope around Amber and helped him up. Because of the feeling of anxiety, she quickly made something for him to eat, for the guy must be hungry. He somehow looked weak after all. “You can tell me everything later, but first let me take care of you, okay?” The latter only nod as he observes the girl’s back.

Amber’s POV

Everything comes back instantly to me, the care, the love, and the smile that Krystal gave to me. Only I and her family know her true color. Outside, she looks cold and very chic, but inside, she’s very caring and loving person. Out of all the things I knew about this teenager for the past few months I’ve been with her, only one thing gave me the reason to love her, and that is Krystal is a very fragile person.

She can easily be affected by any hurtful words people spat at her, she’s scared of the crowd and thunder, and she’s softer than you’ll ever think. Yeah, she might be sassy sometime, but that sassiness never hurts someone and for me, it’s a very cute act. She’s a jealous type of girl that’s why she would never let her friends hug and touch me so much. Well, I just chuckle at that because it’s very cute. ‘Haha, possessive much?!’

Her voice is very wonderful to my ears. No matter how hard I force myself to sleep, just a little lullaby from her, my eyelids will automatically shut and my tensed body will finally soften. My day was complete because of her smile. To me it’s the most precious thing that I treasure. Krystal is Krystal and I love her for that.

Krystal’s POV

I can’t believe that Amber will come back to me. It’s not that I already lose hope, it’s because the thing I’ve done to him gave me the thought that he won’t ever come back which really hurts me inside by the way.

I was so happy for her decision to take Amber in. My day would never get any better, because this little dog of mine always made my smile stuck in my face. Amber always cheers me up whenever I’m down or stressed on school works. He’ll tirelessly snuggle upon my arms or legs and barks happily.

It’s amazing that he’s the genius type of dog. He’s attentive at my studies, and he really loves music. If I’m at school, he’ll just stay at the house like a good boy. Sometimes he’ll open the TV and watch some anime or k-pop MTVs in tvN. He knows many things. He knows where to go when nature is calling him. He remembers all the paths and ways of our street. But out of all that good facts about him and the thing that I really appreciate the most, is the way he loves me.

To me, he’s more than just a dog or a pet, but something more precious. Forgetting about him is a mistake, kicking him out is stupid, and days and months without him is hell. That’s why now that he’s finally back to my side, I’ll never let him go ever again! Though its kind’a weird that he's a MAN now, but whatever! He’s mine and mine only! And I’m … only his.

Author’s POV

Krystal comes with a bunch of sandwiches and kimbap for the guy. After eating, Krystal told him to take a bath while she will look for clothes for him to wear. Amber just followed what his master said.

Once finished, they both sat at the couch with some awkward atmosphere emitting around them. Amber cleared his throat and started, “I don’t really know anything, but I remember wishing for me to be with you again at a shooting star.” Amber explained. Krystal smile and said, “I, too, wish for us to be together again at a shooting star.” Amber didn’t say anything anymore. He held Krystal’s hand and dragged her to the balcony.

He held the girl’s hands tightly but gentle. He stared at the skies for a moment before moving his gaze to Krystal. He took a deep breath and said, “I promise that I’ll never go away, and leave your side again, and I also want to tell you that… I love you, Krystal Jung Soojung. You showed me the things I’ve never expected to experience in this cruel world, and you gave me the greatest gift I’ve never wished to receive. Soojung you’re the only one who showed me the hope of living. You took care of me without hesitations.”

“You fight for me even when I’m not supposed to since I’m just a dog, and lastly … you loved like a human and not just a street animal.” Krystal was starting to cry again though it’s just tears of joy. “The day we first met was like a magical fairytale. We’re like ‘Beauty and the Beast’ in another version, where I was a lonely dog who fights and scavenge around the busy streets like a lone monster, while you … a beautiful person with a beautiful heart, accepted me with no regrets and fear upon seeing a very wounded beast like me.”

He brushed the girl’s hair softly and continued. “I never thought I will still live that time, and I also didn’t ever thought that someone will just suddenly save me from the verge of death. Ever since that day, I started to feel alive again, and something inside my small heart was starting to grow.” Amber paused for a moment to wipe away the tears from the girl’s eyes.

He then continued while smiling genuinely, “That very special day, I was not just reborn, but I was also given a very odd yet fascinating feeling. That unforgettable day … I started to fall in love with someone, and it was you who I have fell into. Krystal … I love you, I love you so much that I will never replace you over just a pile of bones.” Krystal giggled at her pet’s dorky yet cheesy lines. She let go of Amber’s hand and quickly go back to her room, leaving a dumbfounded guy at the balcony. She then came back with a chain and dog tie.

“I, too, had felt something weird ever since that day. Do you know that I keep asking myself everyday why I saved you? I can be merciless and unmoved, and just let you be if I want to, but something really stopped me from doing so. An odd feeling inside my heart was telling me that I must save you no matter what, and now look … I have you here as a special person that I love with all my heart.” She explained while starting to assemble the dog tie.

“You don’t need to promise me anything, because you can definitely never leave my side anymore with this!” She put the dog tie around Amber and hugged him. “And I love you too, Amber! From now on, you will be my pet boyfriend, FOREVER!” Amber could only chuckle at the girl’s antics. The two slightly release their hugged and looked at each other’s eyes. Their face gets closer and closer until their lips finally touched each other. Both shared an innocent yet meaningful kiss.

As the darkness of the night surrounded the whole place, a girl and a half-boy, half-dog are cuddling each other, sharing their body heat at the middle of the cold breeze of the night. “Anyway, I must teach you everything about humans and find a way to cover that dog ears and tail of yours.” Krystal interrupted their silent yet lovely moment.

Amber blinked his eyes a couple of times before saying, “Well, I think I can hide it if I want to, wait a sec okay?” The latter let go from the girl’s arms and stood in front of her. He closed his eyes, and calmed his mind and body. ‘Okay, concentrate Amber. You can do this, just imagined that you’re completely a human.’

After minutes of focusing, Amber heard a gasped which made him open his eyes, and mentally panic. He looked at the girl in front of him, and was confused about her facial expression. “What … is there something wrong? Come on Krys, talk to me.” He worriedly pleaded as he put his arms at Krystal’s shoulders.

Krystal said with low voice while pointing at the confused guy, “Amber, your ears and tail is gone like they shrunk in your body, and your furs came inside your body, and your arms and feet are now completely like a human.” The latter looked over his body and was amazed to see that it’s true. He moved from here and there then to Krystal’s side again.

“Well then, the problem is finally solved! Can we go on a date now, Princess?” Amber playfully wiggled his eyebrows. Krystal only giggled at him and playfully slapped his shoulder. “Okay, but not now, I’m sleepy. Let’s have a date tomorrow but for now … let’s just sleep.” She yawned. Amber chuckled again and mentally said, ‘Cute.’

“Okay, as you wish then, Master.” He helped Krystal from going into her room by carrying her, bridal style. The latter on the other side, yelped in surprise. The two lead their selves inside the room. They both cuddled each other as they finally led their selves to dreamland. “I love you, Princess.”, “Love you too, Dork.”

They’re about to sleep when Krystal suddenly muttered which made them both laugh out loud, “Though it’s somehow weird to have a boyfriend who is a half-dog, half … llama-faced guy. A total hybrid love, isn’t it? Haha!”

And the night passed with a weird couple, sleeping with a smile plastered over their faces.