LUNSUL: Back To Zero

Stay Loyal To The Royal! Season 1 (SNSD & FX)

10:22:36 AM, Feb XX, 20XX

Luna's POV

‘Here I am again, staring on a complete nothingness or should I say the blackboard. Forcing myself to take my attention away from you...’

I'm Luna Park Sunyoung. I'm a normal guy, studying on a normal collage school, normally spending my everyday life for a one stupid thing. ‘Moving on after getting rejected.’ Yeah, you're reading the word, REJECTED. I have been in love with my best friend, Sulli Choi Jinri, ever since the first day I met her. I got this funny feeling inside my stomach everytime we talk, or even just looking at her face gives me chills. I was happy and was like I’m on top of the world everytime we spend our day with each other.

But everything stopped three months ago. I confessed to her and got turn down. Well it's ok because I love her, but that doesn't mean that she must love me back too. As long as she's happy, I'm happy.

But little thing I know that because of my confession, she starts to ignore me and in the end, asked me to act like I don't know her and be strangers to each other because it only annoys her. Even if it hurts so much, I still did what she want, and now here I am, after three years of friendship, just because of my stupidity and selfishness, I lost something I cherish so much, broke my heart, and hurt myself.

I’m just continued to stare at the board when suddenly … *Shake*. Everything, especially the ground, shook violently. The adrenaline rushed over my veins to my whole body, and only one thing was running in my mind right now. ‘Jinri!'

Sulli's POV

I'm Sulli Choi Jinri, student of SM Academy, a social butterfly yet conservative type of person. I used to be best friend with Luna, but ever since the day I turn him down after he confessed his feelings to me. I started to ignore his presence, and even asked him to stop being friends with me and act like were strangers which made everything changed.

And that kind of change is something that made my heart hurt with me not even knowing the reason why. To be honest, it makes me sad, not because I make it harder for him or I've become mean to him, but because his not at my side anymore, it makes me feel so lonely, but what’s more shocking about it is … my heart feels broken, hurt, and was like I've done something I shouldn’t.

I regret turning him down. All the things he had done for me was very special and sincere yet I just ignored it, and now here I am, completely lost. ‘Can I still have a second chance? Can we still go back in time, when we’re still together and happy? Or even at least to ZERO, where we can start things again?’

I’m not focusing at everything today, except contemplating and mentally talking to myself when suddenly… *Shake*.The ground shook violently and everything trembled. *Crack* “What?!” I got back to my senses when I felt that the floor started to show some breaks and cracks within it while the chairs and table are moving aimlessly around the room.

"An earthquake!" My seatmate, Minho, shouted and started panicking. The others did the same, and all of them had the same facial expression, scared.

Luna's POV

*Shake* *Crack* *Shake*

A strong and deadly earthquake was the least phenomena that I am expecting to happen! The concrete floor and walls were starting to form many cracks as the whole place shakes like everything will be destroyed anytime. 'Sulli!!!' I scream in my head as I start to get worry and thinks about Sulli's safety.

I stood up from my seat, even though it’s hard to maintain my balance, and goes to the door. I was about to go out when in a split of second, the roof starts to break as cracks started to appear, the worst of it is all the students inside the classroom started to panic. The teacher can't handle the panicking students so he doesn’t have any more choice but to just think of his own safety.

People pushing each other just to get into a safe place, is something I wish that didn’t happened. How unlucky of me getting push away from my place and continuously getting mixed in the furious crowd. I was finally able to get my own space, but I still can’t fine Sulli, and even when I'm already studying hear for three years, for some reason I'm getting lost and is unable to find the way to Sulli’s classroom.

*Shack* *Crack* *Shake*

The ground moves once again but is much stronger than before that it made me fall down on my knees. ‘The floor might break and fall anytime soon, I better hurry and find Sulli before it's too late!’ I ran at the empty hallway while keeping my balance. I stopped running when I reached the staircase. I go down to the ground floor and looked around the corner when I was Sulli wondering and looking very terrified. As I step closer to her, I’m starting to have a feeling that something bad might happen.

*BOOM!!!*

Just like what I felt, something unexpected really happened. The chemistry lab and home economics room explodes, and it gives a massive impact to the school building. And to my horror, the roof above Sulli is going to fall. I gathered all my strength and run as fast as I can and yelled, "SULLI!!!"

Sulli's POV

I got lost after being accidentally joined into a stampede of many students. I walked at an empty, horribly messed up, hallway, looking around until another shake happened. As I gotten more frightened, the only thing I can mutter is... "Luna, please save me."

*BOOM!!!*

There was big explosion which made the roof above me collapsed. As it’s about to fall over me, I whispered to myself, "Sorry Luna." I closed my eyes as I feel the ceiling about to hit me. "SULLI!!!"

*Crash*

"Hmm... w-what happened?" I groaned in pain as I try to get up, but failed. I slowly opened my eyes and was shocked when I saw him, "L-Luna?", "Hi there, Giant Baby, are you ok?" He said. The pain he’s feeling is barely noticeable by the way he spoke. He made his body as a shield, and blocks the collapsed ceiling with his own back.

It was so horrible, there's already blood flowing down over his head and I can tell he’s forcing his own body to hold the blocks from falling towards us. ‘Or only for me I guess?’ "S-stop it, don't t-try to save me, it’s u-useless." I started to stutter and cry. I can’t to see him like this. I don't want to be the reason for him to suffer.

"P-please, sto--", "Its fine Sulli-ah, I'm alright. Anyway, don't say that you will die here because I won’t let you. We will make it out of here, just you wait." He cut me off, and gave me a reassuring smile. "Why are you doing this? Why are you sacrificing yourself for some--" Once again, my sentence was cut by him, but this time, by a kiss. He gently kissed me, I didn’t stop him though. Instead, I kissed him back even though I can taste some blood on his lips.

He parted his lips from mine and smiles at me. It suddenly gives me a chilly yet relieving and so light feeling inside. It feels like something's flapping inside my stomach which made my face get a little red. 'Am I blushing??' I thought. "Sleep now Jinri. Wait for a little while. If you can't sleep, I'll just sing a lullaby for you, little baby." He joked to me which make me go back to my senses.

"But I-I don't want to sleep, not while you're suffering here in front of me!" I strongly refuse, because when I get unconscious, what will happen to him, are we really going to make it out of here? Many questions roams in my mind when suddenly felt my head hurts, and my vision starts to get blurred. "Sleep now Jinri, good night." That's the last thing I heard before I out.

Luna's POV

Several hours had passed, and I don't feel hurt anymore. My body is already numb and I can tell, any minutes now, and my body is going to collapse. But to be honest, it's fine, as long as this Sleeping Beauty here is safe, I am fine. I can endure everything just for her to be safe, and now being strong enough to hold on under this heavy object at my back is the only way to save you, even if it takes my life in the process, as long as you’re alive.

‘I'm ready to give everything for you, because I love you Jinri-ah, and nothing can change that fact. Nothing can stop me from loving you, and giving everything I have for you.’

“Thank you for everything, Sulli. Those memories I have with you will never fade and be forgotten, I will miss your smile that lights up my day, your voice which calm me especially when I'm stressed or depressed because of my problems, you’re always there for me, to comfort me. I will miss you calling me ‘Puppy’ and start commanding me like I'm your servant, I will miss it, I will miss everything about you Sulli.”

I got back to reality when I suddenly heard a noise coming from a car engine or more like a bulldozer, and some people calling out if there still some survivors who got stuck by big blocks, not far from where we are.

"Sulli, Sul, Jinri-ah…" I start to wake her up since I can sense that the Rescue Team is nearby, and she can finally be saved now. "Hmm... five more minutes please~" She said with a little aegyo which made me chuckled at her childishness. I think of a way to wake her up. 'Oh, I know.' I thought as a smirk formed on my lips.

"Sulli, your dog is peeing on the couch." After I said that, her eyes got shot open. "Ginger, stop on what you're doing, NOW!" She yelled without noticing me, nor noticing what's really happening. I laughed silently because of that. "Good morning, sleepy head." I said with a dorky smile.

"Hey, is it true that--" She didn't continue her sentence when she finally realized that everything was a lie. "W-what happened, are you ok, I told you to stop holding on, we're not gonna make it ou--"she started to talk with a serious tone but I cut her off. "Hey, take it easy, okay? The Rescue Team is finally here, so don't worry. I'm fine. It's just about four to five hours since we’re stuck in here. Don't say that we won't make it out of here because we will, YOU will." I strongly said.

Her eyes starts get teary once again and I can't do anything about it. She just cried there while I wait. Minutes passed when I finally hear the RT getting nearer and nearer at our spot. I gather all my remaining strength and start pushing back the heavy blocks that has been stock at my back. Even if I didn't really take the blocks away, I successfully get the RT's attention.

"Hey something's moving over there, hurry, we got company!!!" I heard, probably one of the RT members, yelled, making the whole Rescue Team go towards where we are.

As they start to dig out, I finally feel the pain, and I know that I'm about to die, because even from the start, after making my body being her shield from the falling ceiling, one of the building's steel bar stab my back through my stomach. I'm even proud to myself for being able to hold on after losing tons of blood. Luckily, Sulli didn't notice since its dark.

My vision starts to get blurry and Sulli seems to notice that I'm getting weaker and weaker. "Lun, the RT's already here, please hold on a little longer, please." Her tears are still flowing down, nonstop. "I'm fine Sul. I'm just kind’a tired and sleepy." I weakly said. "No, you're NOT fine! You forced me to live so now I will do the same. Stay alive and survive this together with me!”

She tried to keep me conscious by shaking me. “Don't you dare die on me Luna! Stay by my side just like what you promise me!" She kept on yelling at me. ‘Well I can't do anything about it. My end is already near and nothing will ever stop it.’

Lights are starting to appear as the blocking walls are finally being released. 'Finally, you're safe now Jinri, I finally succeed. Now I can finally close my eyes and go with no worries.'

"Sorry Jinri, but I want to rest a little so I’ll close my eyes for a minute." I said as my body fell over her. Sorry Sulli, if only I can go back to zero, I will change everything, I will not bother you nor even be a part of your life. The RT finally saw us and start helping us, preparing their First Aid and such. "I'm so sorry, but I love you, it's all I can say. Love, every thing’s gonna be alright, goodbye, I love you." After I said that, everything turned black.

Sulli's POV

"Sorry Jinri, but I want to rest a little so I’ll close my eyes for a minute." As I heard what he said, I know this is not a joke anymore. If he closes his eyes now, then he’ll never wake up again. Before I could say anything, the RT saw us and starts preparing the First Aid kit. And then, my heart finally broke apart when I heard Luna say his last words, "I'm so sorry, but I love you, it's all I can say. Love, every thing’s gonna be alright, goodbye, I love you."

"No. This is not real, Luna wake up please, don't die. Stay with me, don’t leave me, please!" I cried helplessly as I hold Luna’s dead body. A RT member checked Luna’s pulse. He looked at me and shook his head. “I’m sorry but it’s too late, Miss. He’s gone.” I froze there. My hands are trembling and my grip is getting tighter.

The guy guided me up while other two members carried Luna’s lifeless body. I am walking yet my mind is blank. I am looking straight ahead yet it sees nothing but the image of Luna’s dead body. My whole body was hurt because of the earthquake but every flesh was feeling numb, only one part is bleeding and aching. ‘My heart.’

I love him. I always love him, all this time. I’m just being blind and dumb that’s why I was too late to realize it. Stupid, I’m so stupid, and because of my stupidity, the person that loves me more than himself is now gone.

Two weeks later…

It's been weeks already since he died, yet I still can't believe it. The government gave us a substitute school to continue our study, the expenses are free but I don't feel like going to school anymore, it's useless anyway. I seldom and solitude myself from everything, I didn't eat, I always cry, and I didn't get enough sleep. My friends told me to stop and move on, but I can't. I can never get over with Luna’s death. Maybe I'll just let myself die so that I can be together with you again, right Sunyoung?

"I love you too Luna, and if only I can go back to zero, I will sacrifice everything, I will accept you and love you from the bottom of my heart, and give my all to you, just like what you did for me." I said before I drifted off to sleep.

Author' POV

As the sad girl travels inside her lonely dreamland, a little light appeared beside her.

"Do you really want to go back to zero? Well, if you really want to then I will grant your wish, but of course there will be some consequences." You can hear a voice coming from the light. Sulli’s eyes opened and a faint voice from her was heard, “If that’s even possible then I accept. Whatever the cost is, I’ll still accept it. I just want to be with Luna again."

The latter sat up and looked at the light that was starting to form into a human-like figure. “If that’s the case then I think I'll begin now. I will turn you back in time. You must know how to wait. As times goes by, everything can change by the way you act upon all the happenings that you’ll face once again. So you better do the right thing and take this opportunity to the fullest so you will never regret anything ever again.”

A hand formed from the light and caressed the latter’s head. “After all, this is only a once in a life time opportunity for you." The light added. The whole room then started to fade, and everything begins to spin.

"Thank you, whoever you are, I will do exactly as you said. I'll never lose him ever again." Sulli said before everything went black.

06:49:13 AM, July XX, 20XX

In a big classroom, a tall, stunning, beautiful girl was sitting on a chair near the windows. She’s staring outside the window and by the way she looks, she seems pretty excited on something. "This is the day." She whispered to herself. As minutes passed by, people are coming in one by one, filling the room.

Students are starting to take a sit at their respective chairs, and not long after, the classroom door suddenly opened widely, revealing a man with a well-ironed clothes and a navy blue tie.

"Okay class, go to your seats now, and before we start, I want to announce to you all that we will have a new transfer student and he is going to be in this class from now on. Come in now, Mr. Park." The teacher said.

The beautiful girl bolted up as she heard the name Park. As the new guy starts to come in, a smile formed on the girl's lips. The guy goes to the center, and introduced his self to the crowd, "Hi, my name is Luna Park Sunyoung and you can call me Lun. I’m new here so please take care of me." As he finished his introduction and bowed to everyone in the room, the teacher told him to go to his respective seat.

Some girls were whispering, giggling, and looking maliciously at the new student. The tall girl pouted her lips as she observes her hormone deprived girl classmates gawking at the short guy. Hours passed and many teachers came in and out each hour to teach the respective subject they’re appointed to. The bell indicating that its lunchtime ringed, and all the students goes to the canteen to eat.

"Hi Luna, are you going to eat?" The beautiful girl approached Luna and asked. "Well I'm about to. Do want to eat with me?" Sunyoung kindly replied with a smile. "That would be great, anyway sorry I forgot to introduce myself to you." The girl said as she put aside some strands of her hair at the back of her ear.

"Oh no, it's fine! I didn't introduce myself to you too either anyway. So shall I introduce myself first?" The latter asked while pointing his self with his forefinger. "Go ahead." The girl answered. Her eyes are sparkling in amusement and her pure white teeth shone as she smiled brightly at Luna.

"Well in that case then, my name is Luna Park Sunyoung, I'm 20 years old and I'm new here. And I’m just your regular, normal male classmate. Oh, and I’m studying Electrical Engineering." Luna said while showing his cute puppy smile. He raised his right hand for a shake. The latter happily took it.

"Nice to meet you Luna." The girl smiled, and all of the sudden, she pulled Luna and kissed his cheek which makes the latter blushed. She then continued, "My name is Sulli Choi Jinri, Sul for short, I'm 19 and from now on, you're mine and mine only, Puppy-Lun." Everyone, especially Luna, was shocked at Sulli’s bold act.

The time was already out of their hands and there’s nothing that can stop them from loving each other again anymore. The two started their new story of their love. No more rejections, no more regrets, just complete happiness has been led in their way to eternal love.

Present time, 15:49:24 PM, August 15, 2015

“And that’s how me, and Luna start our dramatic yet sweet love story!” Sulli yelled at the camera as she finished her storytelling with her best friend, Krystal, which on the other hand, is not fully entertained. “Do you really think that I will believe your fantasy-like love story?” Krystal retorted as she cross her arms. This made Sulli pout. “Come on Jung, it’s not like yours is something believable either.” Krystal’s eyes twitched at her.

“Well sorry to tell you, but mine was really true. Right, Amber?” The guy beside Krystal only nodded while keeping his attention to the food he’s eating. Then on the other line comes Luna. “Soojung, what Jinri told you is all true, though I’m still feeling confused about it until now.” Sulli smiled and hugged the latter. “See? It’s true, you just need to believe.”

“Okay, I believe. But only if you, too, will believe in my own story.” Krystal pulled Amber’s collar without any warning, making the poor puppy choked over his food. Sulli and Luna only nodded and laughed at the cute couple. After another hour of chatting, they finally say their goodbyes to each other and end the video call.

Luna was stretching his arms when Sulli tackled him to the bed. “Hey Lun, do you think I finally made everything right?” The boy only chuckled and hugged the girl tightly. “You don’t need to ask it anymore since I’m here at your side, right?” Sulli only blushed and hid her face at Luna’s chest. “I love you, Sunyoung.”, “I love you too, Jinri.”

'Everything really gone back to zero, but at least with its new beginning, finally lays a beautiful, happy ending.'