Thanks for the latte

That XX

It’s a weekend. Wonwoo woke up late since his manager forced to work like a horse yesterday. He rubbed his nape. It’s quite in the house, a sign that Joshua has left the house to take another responsibility after not going to the blind date that Jihoon arranged before. He sighed. It’s gonna be a long day if he stayed at home today. He ran to the bathroom to have a shower. Not take a long time for him to take a shower, Wonwoo dressed up and wore his leather jacket but no, it’s not good if wear that kind of jacket. Wonwoo picked his long coat to warm his body. He was going to go out immediately if he didn’t saw a toast in the table in family room. Nice quick breakfast.
It’s a nice day in the weekend. Wonwoo still ate his toast while walking at the street. Paying attention to all the stalls. But a figure that he had known for this 5 years caught his attention. Kim Mingyu. Walking alone. Kim Mingyu, walking alone and wearing a coat they had bought together. Suddenly, the emo-sarcastic-Jeon-Wonwoo looked so foolish seeing his-almighty-Kim-Mingyu. And unconsciously, their eyes met. It was possible if they directly their looked away to the other direction. But, this eye contact made each other to stop them and seemed to make time to stop beating. Wonwoo took steps to keep going as though headed Mingyu even he tried to pretend not to know Mingyu if only Mingyu not quickly grasped Wonwoo’s wrist.
“We need to talk,” Mingyu said as he pulled Wonwoo and not let that wrist out from his grip.
“Yak, Kim Mingyu!” suddenly Wonwoo shouted making the people glanced at him. “You already washed your hand huh? Did you sneeze before met me? Don’t touch me, your hand is full of germs.” Mingyu chuckled.
“Of course, i did washing my hand before i met you, geez hyung…” He whined around. “No germs, okay? Now, follow me.” Wonwoo did what Mingyu wanted. He would not argue with his ex since it would end up of Mingyu’s whining. Mingyu still held Wonwoo’s wrist tightly but that boy did not complain how tight it was. It would be a romantic scene if they were still in relationship but, no, it’s different, it’s like Mingyu kidnapped or forced Wonwoo to follow him.
And they ended up in the cafe like they used to be whenever they had a date. Mingyu ordered caffe latte for them. He looked at Wonwoo.
“Wonwoo hyung,” Wonwoo’s eyes turned to Mingyu’s eyes, scanned what the meaning of their eye contact.
“What the hell, Kim Mingyu?” Wonwoo said and turning away his eyes to another side.
“You’ve already moved on from me, right?” Mingyu lowered his tone.
“Why? Do you kidnap me just for asking that stupid question? I’ve moved on since i don’t want to waste my time just for stupid and sloppy person like you.” He stuck out his tongue and stand out from his seat. Wonwoo was lying.
“Hey, hey, where do you want to go? Don’t go before i want you to go.” He let out a big sigh and back to his seat.
“What do you want?” Mingyu smiled a bit.
“Tell me.” Mingyu’s eyes were shining but there was a little of sadness in there.
Wonwoo chuckled. “A few days ago, Jeonghan hyung. Now, you. What’s wrong with ‘Tell Me’ trend these days? What should i tell to you?”
“About you. When we were together, did you have a strong feeling about me? I mean, when i did wrong or i hid something from you but later i revealed it since you attacked me with bunch of question?.”
Wonwoo nodded. “Yeah, then?”
“How it looked like?”
“Hm…” He held his chest. His heartbeat went faster than usual. A cold sweat ran on his temple. “It’s strange. Like you know about something, but you can’t figure out what it’s that until yeah someone revealed it for you.” Wonwoo looked at the waiter who brought their drinks to their table. “Why?” Mingyu glanced at Wonwoo.
“Nothing, just feeling weird about something.” He sipped his latte.
“Aerin did something wrong?” Wonwoo stared at Mingyu. The boy paused to sip his latte but a second later, he continued enjoying his latte.
“I hope not.”
“Oh, yeah, you always defend her. How’s with Aerin?” Wonwoo still stared at him and sipped his latte.
“Yeah, we’re going well.” Mingyu avoided Wonwoo’s gaze.
“You are willing to purpose her? Or taking her to the serious relationship one?” Wonwoo asked. He coughed.
“Yeah, perhaps. But i need to be ready first to take care of someone’s daughter.” He nodded.
“Just don’t break her heart since you’ve already broke mine.” He laughed bitter.
“Yeah i knew. Anyway, where do you live now?” Mingyu took his cellphone from his pocket.
“Joshua’s house.” Mingyu nodded. He stood out from his seat. “It’s my treat for kidnapping you before.” Wonwoo left a blank expression on his face. Mingyu paid the latte and he came again grabbing Wonwoo to leave the cafe.
“Where do you want to take me, Kim Mingyu?”
“Apgujeong. Just want to spend a time with you, hyung. We are friend, right?” Mingyu gave a sweet smile to Wonwoo while holding his hand.
“Huh,” Wonwoo chuckled, “You can’t be friend with your ex seriously, soon or later that love will grow again. So better not.”
Mingyu pouted and started to whine again. “Seriously, Kim Mingyu. Don’t do that again, okay. You are a grown up man, so don’t whine at me. It won’t work.”
“Really?” He grinned. “But, before it worked out well, i could kidnap you.”
Wonwoo frowned. “For a good sake, our-almighty-Kim-Mingyu.” Mingyu let out Wonwoo’s hand from his grip.
“Okay okay, have your lovely weekend, my hyung. And please, say my regard to Joshua hyung.” He patted the small person in front of him.
“I will.”
“And thanks, please tell Joshua hyung to teach you more about moving on from your sad love story.”
Wonwoo giggled. “How could he teach me if he never move on and stuck on that love story? If he have moved on, he shall date me instead of being a single.”
He left a shocked expression, seemed like it’s unbelievable thing for Kim Mingyu knowing a person who could not move on.
“Yeah, at least, don’t be pathetic like him.”
“He is not. He is the one who taught me how to live without you, how to continue my life and not stuck blaming myself.”
“At least, again, yeah….”
“You don’t know how it feels, Kim Mingyu. So, don’t judge anything about him if you don’t know him well. Even his ex doesn’t know how hard it was.” Wonwoo’s word gave a hit on Mingyu’s heart and it was written on his face, how cruel Wonwoo’s word was. He waved a hand to shocking Mingyu.
“You taught me a lot how to be tough, Kim Mingyu. Thanks for it. And the latte, too.” He smiled. Yeah, finally Wonwoo was brave enough to face his Mingyu. His ex. Wonwoo went to somewhere and left Mingyu dumbfounded for many times again.