Chapter 18-Mahsuri’s Memorial Complex and Confronting His Ex

Hate You Love You

It’s our fourth day of honeymoon and on our way to Mahsuri’s Memorial Complex. We only stay in during the second and third day as that sugar want to finish some songs for his mixtape.

“Are you sure this is a true story?” he ask when I said that Mahsuri put a curse on Langkawi in which the land in Langkawi will be barren for seven generations before she was executed and her blood color are white, unlike other human.

I shrug. “Some says it’s true, some says it’s just folklore. However it’s kind of true that the her curse really works as not many people came here until the end of 20th century and most of people choose Langkawi as honeymoon destinations,”

“I don’t think it’s fair to kill her when her son is only two months at that time. Not to mention that her husband still on the battlefield. Don’t you think it’s too much? Like they should listen to her and Deramang’s side of story and at least wait for her husband,” he said. I laugh then said that he doesn’t have to work up over folklore. “It’s in the past plus you know how humans behave back then,” I said.

We walk to Mahsuri’s well. “People said that if we wash our face with this water, we will look more beautiful as it is the secret for Mahsuri’s beauty,” I said taking the timber to take the water from the well. “I think it can make our face look younger too,” I said while pour some of the water to my feet.

“If it’s true, you don’t have to use that water to wash your face as you already look like elementary school students,” he scream when I splash the water to him. “That’s what you get when you diss me,” I stuck my tongue out then run when he also splash the water to me.

“I caught you,” he whispered while hugging me from the back. I was about to elbow him when I heard some teenager talking about us.

“Tu bukan Shira dengan Suga ke? (That’s Shira and Suga right?)” one of them said. “Ya ke? (Really?) Dorang buat apa kat Langkawi? (What are they doing here?)” another one ask.

“Dorangkan baru kahwin sabtu lepas(They got married last Saturday). Mesti tengah bulan madu tu (They must be here for honeymoon)” another one said. “Comelnya dorang (They are so cute)!” the first teenager said.

“Now can you release me? We are in public right now. People will critic us for showing pda,” I try to release myself. “We should let at least one picture taken for our fan and spread it on the internet no?” he tighten his hug.

“Min Suga!” I hissed. He then released me after we heard the shutter sound. I don’t know why I feel sad when I’m the one who want him to release me.

“Let’s go to eat. Listening to the folklore making me hungry,” he said then left me. I run to him then hold his t-shirt’s sleeve. “You shouldn’t leave me there,” I said pouting. He just laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are on the way to the lift when I remember that I left my purse in the car. “Can you give me the car key? I left my purse there,” I ask him.

“Should I go with you?” he ask. I shook my head and ask him to head to the room first.

“Shim Shira-shi?” I turn around after I lock the car. “I’m sorry but who…”

“I’m Yerin, Yoongi’s ex-girlfriend,” she cut my words. “Can we have a chat?” I nod. I don’t know why I agree to her request.

“How long have you know Yoongi?” she ask right after we sit at the café. I frown as I don’t think she have the right to ask that question to me. I mean, you wouldn’t ask a stranger how long he/her know your ex right?

“I think around early 2011?” I answer.

“”Well I know him since middle school,” she said. Well I don’t really want to know about that. I try to not make a face in front of her.

“I just want to tell you that I will get him back. I want you to divorce him in three months as you just got married to him less than a week. Wouldn’t want you to be a divorcee that fast right?” she laugh like it’s a simple thing.

“I’m sorry but the decision to divorce is in his hands so I can’t do anything if he don’t want to divorce me,” I said then stand up to leave.

“I will make sure that he will divorce you!!” I heard her scream. I feel disturb with that but I just brush it off as I’m sure that I didn’t love that sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What take you so long?” he ask when I enter the room. I raised my eyebrows as it is weird for him to ask me that. “I ran into one of my friend so we have a chat a bit,” I said then went to the bathroom to wash up. Wouldn’t want to tell him that his crazy ex-girlfriend come to find me.

I saw him working on other track when I get out from the bathroom. I save his work then shut down his laptop. “You already promise to not open your laptop today and it’s time to sleep now,” I switch off the main lamp and lay on the bed.

“Do you still love Yerin-shi?” I ask. “Why you asking that out of blue?” I turn to him. Yes, we sleep at the same bed as there’s only one bed in the room and both of us can’t sleep on the sofa.

“Don’t worry. There’s no one in my heart right now. Not Yerin, not you,” he said turning his back to me. Somehow I feel relive when I heard that.