Chapter 3

The Merger

Chapter 3

It has been maybe a week or more that I’m alone. Friday night and I could feel the bar starts to heat up and all.  I’m with Nayeon in front of the bar waiting for her to finish putting her favorite extremely red lipstick. She’s wearing this body hugging emerald green dress that is just above her knee that is off shoulder that emphasize her Blue diamond necklace which is her gift for herself after gaining her license in driving because she got hers maybe when she turn to 20 so it was like an achievement to her. While I got mine maybe few months after I turned 18. I’m wearing a tattered skinny jeans with a white tank top and a pair of red heels to die for, on the other hand Nayeon is wearing a black heels that also a heels to die for but hers has a bit longer heels. Hers is 6 while mine is only 3 or 4 inches.

 

We enter the club and heard the loud banging of music. We directly walk over to the VIP corner and ordered drinks. Nayeon left me a while ago because she heard her cousin Yoona was starting a cat fight downstairs. Yes a catfight. Yoona is a girl not a gay and obviously not a guy. I went outside the VIP room which we are staying to look what’s happening downstairs and as usual Nayeon was able to stop Yoona. I can see them from here. Nayeon talking to Yoona and it seems like she’s having a hard time with her. That kid. I noticed that someone is forcefully opening our VIP room then I cleared my throat there I noticed that they were kissing the guy’s back facing me. “I think your room is the next one. Want me to open it?” Then I opened door next to ours. Then they move towards the door but before that I saw the guy’s face and He somewhat face me “Thank y—“ The guy froze. Hansol Vernon ing Jerk Choi kissed a girl in front of me and now frozen. Without hesitation I punch him right in the face. Then I went closer to the stick I mean the girl which is in front of Vernon and looks like really lost. I got a hold of her ponytail and pull it towards her feet up again and to the wall near her. I stopped and faced the shock Vernon and punch the other side of his face. “2nd time buddy.” I said as I walk downstairs and went to Nayeon and told her what happened earlier and that I want to go home.

 

I sat in my bed and laughed bitterly. Another guy who cheated on me though I know that we are not really together but still he knows that he has a fiancé. Don’t they know the word respect? Bastards all over the world is surely screaming victory now. I laughed again. “I wouldn’t cry. I’m immune to it.” I said to myself. “All of you, cheats should. . . I mean must die.” 

 

I woke up at the feeling that someone is taking off my shoe and immediately sat up as I remember that I wasn’t able to change. Then I felt someone sat beside me which made my bed bounce a little. I looked the person who sat beside me and punched his chest. “What are you doing here? Who let you in?” Every word I hit him but in my surprise he didn’t contradict to it and let me continue doing it. “Why did you say 2nd time earlier?” A manwhore asked. I didn’t respond and lay on my bed. “Go home jerk. I don’t need you here.” Then I covered myself with the blanket. Still, he didn’t sat up and left. I can’t move especially that I know that he is there near me. Finally, I think after half an hour or maybe two, he sat up and left. 

 

Sunlight. A new day. A new beginning. For others it is but for me, today it’s not. I heard my alarm clock and sat up and went near it.  I saw my phone and Vernon’s on the side table with a note saying. ‘I’ll find a way for us to talk. I don’t want to call you and talk through the phone with you cursing me.” That bastard. Vernon’s phone rang and it’s an unregistered number. I answered it. Then a girl started talking on the other line “Good Morning! It’s Mia the girl the yesterday night. Remember? I’m okay now the doctor said it wasn’t serious. Thank you see you next time!” the girl said. What a stubborn guy. He gave his number to that girl even if he knows his phone is with me. Jerk. 101% jerk. With that, I started my day.

 

On my way out I saw my mom sitting on the dining table. I went to her kissed her and greeted her “Good morning mom.” I said in a lifeless manner. “What’s wrong honey? You look like something is wrong.” I forced a smile. “It’s nothing mom.” She looked at me with suspicious eyes. “Tell me Dahyun. What is it?” My mom asked. “Nothing really but mom if someone cheats on you not only once but twice what would you do?” My mom thought for a minute. “I don’t know. But I think, if we are together and he cheats on me, probably I will move away from him. He did it not only once but twice and I’m sure he could do it again and again. I’m Sandara Park and no one has the right to do that to me.” I smiled. That thing is for sure. My mom is so gorgeous and it would be a loss if you cheat on her. “Thank you mom. I’m running late. Bye” I said and kissed her on the cheek.

 

I entered my office and was surprised by plenty of white roses scattered around my office. At my table I found a bouquet and saw a note in there. ‘This is for you. I don’t know what your favorite flower is and the color of it so I chose White Roses. See you’. My favorite flower is white rose. You got it right Vernon bastard Choi. I called my secretary and said to pull out all the white roses and use it as for their vases of other office and other people’s table. The roses really made my office packed up. It was so many that can let you think it’s peaceful or something. It lessened my stress. 

 

“Hello, who is this?” I asked when I pressed the answer button. “Hi big sister!” Tzuyu Choi calling me her sister. Funny. “How did you know it’s me?” She giggled. “Well, My brother, Vernon told me that you are holding his phone and that you and him haven’t talk for a while now.” How can he share it to his sister? Shameless guy. “Actually we talked the night before.” I said to her. “No, he said he talked and you punched him. What did he do?” He had the guts to share to his sister that we didn’t talk but didn’t share the most important information and the reason why we didn’t talk. Damn Vernon. I wanna punch him in the face now. “Well, I can’t share it to you but I think he can share It to you” Before she could answer I heard I think Vernon’s voice on the other line asking who she is talking with. “It’s Dahyun you bastard.” I heard her answer Vernon like she’s older than him. I laughed. “Being a are we?” I laughed again. “No I’m not but you. Are you gonna be because of what my brother did?” she asked. “Well, I have been a since I met him.” I heard a thud from the other line. “Stop talking about being or es okay?” then the line went off. Over protective jerk.

 

“Dahyun, I will send you in a seminar about business. You will stay there for 3 days.” Dad informed me. “What about business? Everything that is connected to business? Can I tag along Nayeon or someone?” I made a puppy eye. “Yes you will talk about business and also on how to handle personal life away from business. I already booked you a flight.  It will be tomorrow afternoon. You can’t ask someone to go with you especially Nayeon, I asked my secretary earlier to look over her schedule and she said that Nayeon’s schedule for this week is full and that she can’t even rest because of Korea’s fashion week next week. As I said Korea’s but she won’t go there as she obeys her dad not to.” She will showcase her line there then she won’t attend? Well, I’ll give her a call later. “Dad, Do I have a place to stay already? I want a cozy one and near the event’s place. Is that alright?” My dad smiled widely. “Of course you do. I already bought you a two story house there. It’s actually near the seminar area and luckily it’s near in the shopping place in Seoul.” I gasped. “Really? Oh my! Thank you Dad! Can I borrow credit card too?” My raised his both arms to form it as an X which means. “A big NO NO. You have to use your own money. I know you earn now and its big time so stop asking our cards especially you mom’s.” I look down in defeat. Time to use my own money. I love Korea with all my heart. Not only because of the shopping place, but its culture, the kpop, the people there, Their fashion, The food of course. I love Korea itself I even love North Korea. Dad really knows the best and that maybe he sent me there with a place to live in that I may call mine because I’m getting married next month or what.

 

“Nayeon, you won’t go to Korea?” I ask her. “Yes, Actually I really want to go there but my dad won’t allow me and that I still have to finish my collection for the Taiwan Fashion show that will be held on maybe 5 months from now.” I felt sad for her. She doesn’t have the freedom as I have. She has always been tied when her work but I know that she enjoys it I also wish that before I could get married she can find her match already we are both not getting younger now. “Ahhh, God Bless and think of me when you draw your collection make me as your model and make sure that it fits me perfectly, I know you know my size already.” I smiled, “Its sounds like you want me to make you a dress huh. “ She laughed. “It’s just that I haven’t receive any dress since last year when my bestfriend made one for me but unfortunately I got fatter so now it can’t fit. I mean not fatter, I just gain a little weight.” I heard her laughed more. “Alright fatty . I’ll make one for you but don’t expect it very soon okay?” I raised my hand for victory. “I love you bessy ! Thank you. I gotta go now. See you maybe days from now okay? My flight is being called now. Gonna fly to SoKor minutes from now. Bye! I love you and I’ll miss you.” She also bid her goodbye as I pick up my belongings. Flying alone is really sad. All I could see are couples together waiting for their flights and some were even boarding the same plane with me. Yes this is my life. Forever alone and forever cheated on.

 

I stepped out of airport I went to get a cab with my poor Korean skills and luckily the driver can understand and even speak English. I also noticed that he doesn’t look like a Korean maybe a foreigner or a half Korean. “So Mr. Can you bring me here?” I ask him and then he said “Ohhh rich kid from other country huh. Enjoy your stay here Miss!” He said lively. “Oh, thank you Sir!” I said to him. “Finally after minutes, I’ve arrived in my house and paid the driver. The house is really comfy and it’s fully furnished over all, it’s perfect for me and for my lifestyle. I changed in to my usual clothes. Black jeans with a black sneakers and a white sweater with a print on it saying ‘Someone cheated on me’ I know the sweater is something but Nayeon made it for me when we were still college and that was the time when I just moved on my 2nd heart ache. The 2nd person who cheated on me. Fortunately it still fits me. I know Korea’s weather is old so I brought it. I went out of the house and walk for like minutes then I reached the shopping area.

 

I saw a store with a sign “FOR THE CHEATS AND FOR THE ONE WHO WERE CHEATED ON” wow that’s good. I went inside and saw a very sweet couple with that I stepped out of the store and went shopping with all my might. After hours, I got tired and went home with shopping bags with my both hands or should I say arm. I bought so many things. Could I still bring it home or just leave it in my house and just go back here some other time to get all of this.

 

Fortunately, there were frozen pizza and instant noodles or should I say Ramen stock in the fridge. I was literally jumping because I don’t know how to speak Korean and I don’t know how to order food. After eating my meal I watched TV and the one showing is one of my favorite Korean movie ‘200 pounds beauty’. I enjoyed watching and didn’t realize that I fell asleep.