Chapter 12

The Merger

Chapter 12

 

DAHYUN'S POV

 

 

Why does guys kept on cheating on me? I asked myself. "!" I yelled. The girl just slapped me hard on the face. As a respond I slapped her also. "How dare you?!" She said with a tone. "HOW DARE YOU?" I asked her back as I sat up. She looked at me in the eye intensely and pushed me which caused me to sit again in the couch. I sat up again and felt a light pain at my lower back and abdomen. Vernon went to her and pulled her but she wiggled her arms to free from Vernon's grip. I was just standing near the table when she stormed to me and pushed me down again. "Ugh" I grunted and tried to stand up again but for the 3rd time, she pushed me harder which caused my abdomen to be hit on the table really hard. "WHAT THE HELL!" I screamed. The pain is too much. I was about to stand up when I saw blood on my legs. "ING CRAP!" I screamed again. Vernon went to me and picked me up. I don’t know what is really happening but I think it’s about my baby. I don’t want to lose my baby. After seconds, my eyes went blurry then I realized I was already crying. When we reached his car, Vernon sat me on the seat next to him. I am still crying and I don’t know how to do stop. I can’t stop.

 

We are in the hospital. They transferred me to a room already. A doctor came in and greeted us. "So, you are just visiting here?" The doctor asked and we both nodded. Vernon and I haven’t talk since we arrived here. He didn’t even ask me if I’m alright even though it’s clear that I'm not. "I'll be frank. I'm sorry to say this but because of extreme stress and the hard falling and when you accidentally hit the table, you just lost the baby." As I heard him, I felt like I'm the world’s problems just fell down right on the top of me. I didn’t say a word then Vernon spoke. "Thank you Doc, I'll just settle the rest of it later" Then the doctor went out.

 

Vernon moved to the edge of the bed then after seconds, closer to me. "I" He started and I looked at him. "I'm sorry." He said but I didn’t answer him. "Again, I'm sorry" he said for the second time. I heard guilt and sorrow in his voice but I ignored it. "Settle all the things here. I'll go home first thing in the morning" I said. "Okay. I'll be with you." He said. "Finish all the unfinished business here. I don’t want to see that girl ever again." I said. "I don’t know how to break this news to others so we must shut up. I don’t know what will our parents think about this. I don’t know how to say to them that I caught a girl eating your face." I added. "Dahyun, I'm really sorry" he apologized. "I'll work again and I won’t live with you." I said.

 

"Let’s go?" Vernon asked me. I'll go home today and I don’t know if he will go home too. We reached the car and as far as I could remember, this guy who opened the car's door for me is his secretary. I assume he knows already that we lost the baby that’s why he is silent. He used to be very talkative and jolly. "Boss, I'll stay for a week since we don’t have things to do." He said as he sat at the passenger's seat. Vernon and I are sitting at the back. "If that’s what you want." Vernon replied. I don’t want to listen to their conversation so I leaned at my seat and closed my eyes to relax. Until now, I can’t think about what happened to me yesterday. Before, I imagined that after few months, I'll be carrying my baby around but because of that thing yesterday, all of it was shattered.

 

 

We have arrived hours ago. Vernon didn’t listen to me earlier; He brought me again in his condo. "I'll go in the office." I declared and walked to the door. "I'll drive you there" He said and followed me. We walked to his car silently. I didn’t allow him to open the door for me. I don’t need gentleness from him. "I forgot to tell, the media got some pictures of us and they are now pestering either our offices or houses." I said. "Really?" he asked with disbelief and I didn’t answer him. After minutes of drive, Vernon went out and opened the car's door for me. I went out without a word and went straight to the building.

 

I entered the building and the staffs greeted me. "Good Evening Miss." They welcomed me but after I pass by them, they greeted someone one by one. "Good Evening Sir" they said like an un-harmonized choir repeating a phrase that they can't get all day. I was curious of who it was so I turn around and saw Vernon walking with an aura which say like he is a really a superior and like also says that what he wants what he gets. "What are you doing?" I asked him. "Walking?!" He said or should I say asked me sarcastically. With his answer, I heard giggles from the girl staffs. "Ugh" I groaned and started walking again. I entered the elevator then he entered next. "Dahyun" He said as the elevator closes. I shot a glare at him. "You know, you're really starting to get into my nerves." I said. "Damn" He murmured when I heard a tone which means the elevator door is already open. I looked up to see my Dad entering. "Good Evening Sir." Vernon said. "Good Evening Vernon. Stop calling me Sir. I’m also your dad now." My dad replied. "Good evening dad" I said. "Good evening sweetie. By the way, your moms decided to have a dinner tomorrow and gladly you are here. You could join us." My dad said. "Alright. We will Sir. I mean dad." Vernon answered him. "Good. I have to go now. I have a meeting. See you tomorrow. We will expect you there." Daddy then went out of the elevator. Shoot. Another family meeting.

 

After two more floors, we arrived at my office's floor. Like earlier, I went out first and Vernon followed me. "Nice to see you here Miss." My secretary greeted us. I smiled at her and answered her. "I'm back. I'll work again." She looked at me for seconds. "Really Miss?" She asked and I nod at her. "Want something?" I asked Vernon and he shook his head. "Then go home." I raised a brow at him but he shrugged and looked at my secretary. "Can you please not accept any work for her for the next two days and can you leave us for a minute?" My secretary nodded and went out of my office. "What did you just do?" I asked and slammed myself at my chair. "Dahyun, I don’t want you to work at this condition. I don’t want to see you like this." He said. "Is there something wrong about me?" I asked pointing at myself. "The baby. . ." He said. "Shut up" I said before he could say his 3rd word. "Don’t even start Vernon. Just don’t. Go home now. I'll just follow you after I'm done with my s here." I said but he didn’t even move an inch. "I repeat Vernon. Go home." I said in a stern voice then he sighed and walk out of the door.

 

I spent hours in the office doing nothing but just thinking about my baby. How would it feel like when I'm holding my angel in my arms? How would it really feel like giving love to your own flesh and blood? I was supposed to experience that. I admit, I'm not ready but I'm sure, as time goes by, I will be. Other side of me think of it as a positive thing. It is positive because I don’t want my child to have a parents like me and Vernon. We are both not ready. We can’t stand on each other's side without arguing even in the tiniest things. I could always catch him with a girl. We can’t stand each other and may be sooner or later we will divorce. I don’t want my child to have broken family. I want him/her to be loved by both of me and Vernon or the guy that I love if I could find him. I hope someday, after the divorce, Vernon and I will be good friends after all the things that we went through.

 

I entered the unit and saw a bottle of alcohol in the table. I walked to the room and saw Vernon sleeping in the bed still wearing the clothes that he wore earlier. "Jerk" I kicked him. "Vernon" I said and kicked him again. "VERNON!" I yelled and kicked him harder. He opened his eyes slowly. "Change. You smell awful." I said but he didn’t do anything and just stayed where he was. "Vernon!" I screamed and got myself a pillow then I went out. I changed my clothes and settled in the couch. I decided to sleep here than sleeping beside a smelly guy. I heard my phone ringing and saw my mom's caller id. "Good evening mommy" I greeted her.  "Good Evening darling, I called to remind you about the dinner tomorrow. Be there okay? How are you?" She asked me. It took me long to consider what will be her question's answer. "I'm. . . fine. Yes, I am fine" I replied to her. "Alright then. We'll see you. Rest now. I love you baby." She said. "I love you too mom." I declared. "I'll end the call now. I miss you. Be early for tomorrow." she said before ending the call. I put my phone down and caught Vernon's scent. I immediately look up and after seconds, I saw him walking towards me. "I know I already smell good so go back in the room now. You need to rest." He said while sitting beside me. "Whatever. You are the one who needs rest." I retorted. "Sleep" He said and dragged me to the room. When we entered the room, he instantly dived to the bed. “I changed already! I even took a shower.” He whined. “Starting from now, let’s not live together or just not to sleep together.” I said. “No. We are husband and wife. We should live like what we are supposed to.” He replied to me. I sighed and lay on the bed. I pulled the covers near my torso. Minutes of hearing his breathing made me sleepy then after few more, I felt my vision starting to blur.

 

“I have 3 meetings today. I’ll just make sure I won’t be late for the dinner.” Vernon said while driving. “I feel like not going there.” I said to him. “What? Why?” he asked me. “Never mind. Let’s just meet at the place. My parents don’t want us to be late.” I answered him. “You’re here.” he declared. “Oh yeah, later” I said and started walking to the building. I straightaway went to my office and asked where is my secretary. I heard a knock from the outside and saw the door opened. “You were asking for me Miss?” My secretary asked. “Yes. What is my schedule today?” I asked her. “Miss, Mr. Choi said yesterday not to accept work for you until tomorrow.” She said. “Why did you obey him?” I asked. “Because he is your boyfriend?” She said with a questioning tone. “What?” I groaned. With what she said, I was reminded that we haven’t cleared things up with the public. I think they are still assuming that we are dating. I was away from my thoughts when my phone rang. “Hello Dahyun! Where are you?” Nayeon asked me. “Hi! I’m in the office.” I replied to her. “Great! I’ll be there! Wait!” She said and ended the call. This girl, really. She only come here in my office if she have a really important thing to say or discussed with me. I wonder what news will she give to me. “Miss, Miss Nayeon has been calling since early this morning. I just got here when I received her call.” My secretary said. “Really? Can you buy a coffee for me?” I asked my secretary. “Sure Miss. I’ll be right back. The usual coffee?” She asked me and I nodded.

 

The door opened to its widest. “Can you stop opening the door that way?” I asked her with sarcasm. “Shut up. I have a preposition for you.” She started as soon as he she was able to sat on the chair in front of my desk. “Okay, make sure it’s a good thing.” I said and listened to her. “Well, I have a new collection. I was planning to make the 6 of you to be my model.” She said. “6 of us? You mean Me, Junyeong, Chaeyoung, Jihyo, Momo and Mina?” I asked. “Yes. They are all in you are the only one left who haven’t decided.” So, the girls agreed. “They will also join the fashion show?” I asked her. “Fortunately, they will!” she declared. “My collection will be on a magazine. You will pose there wearing some of my collections while the other set will be revealed on the day of the fashion show.” Nayeon added. “When will that photoshoot and fashion show takes place?” I asked her. “The photoshoot will be next week and the fashion show hasn’t decided yet.” She replied. “Count me in then.” I said. I saw her eyes widen. “REALLY?” She asked and I nodded. “You agreed? Really? Really? Is this true?” She asked and clapped her hands. “Is your baby bump clear when that time comes? You know, in the fashion show.” She asked. Her question caused cold sweats unto my back and forehead. I was immobile for seconds.

 

The opening door caught our attention. “Hello to you too.” Vernon said. “Hi there! Visiting your wife?” She asked and laughed. “Anyways, is your baby bump clear that time? A month or weeks from now?” I thought she already dismissed that topic but she asked again. Vernon and I looked at each other. “Uhhmmn. . .” Vernon and I said. “I’m not pregnant.” I said and looked at Vernon. “WHAT THE !” Nayeon yelled. “It was false alarm.” Vernon and I chorused. Luckily, same thoughts crossed our mind. False Alarm. Yeah right. “I can’t believe you guys.” Nayeon said. “Let’s shrug it off. It’s also a good thing after all. I don’t want to see your baby suffering because you divorced because of a girl.” She added. I sighed as a relief. “I have to go guys! See you next week Dahyun!” she said before going out. “False alarm huh.” I said as Nayeon went out entirely. “You also said it.” He accused. “Whatever. What brought you here?” I asked him. “A business man that I will meet later is family oriented. He said that if I don’t have someone with me when I’ll meet him, he will call his daughter to accompany him.” He said. “Then, I can’t help you help with that stuff. I don’t have and know ty friends to accompany you and act as your date.” I said. “Oh my god Dahyun! I did not say that! You are my wife therefore you will go with me.” He said. “What the heck. What time?” I asked him. “4 pm later.” He said and I looked at my wrist. “Why are you so early?” It’s just 11 am. “I just came by to inform you. Tzuyu is asking me to fetch her. She is just blocks from here. You want to join us for a lunch?” He asked me. “Alright I’m quite hungry already.” I said. “Let’s go?” he asked me. I picked up my bag and followed him outside. Everytime we pass by the people working in our company, It’s either they’ll giggle or just look at us with adoration and joy in their eyes. As we walk, My phone rang inside my bag. While walking I kept on rummaging my bag just to find my phone. It was quite hard because my bag is a little bit heavy and I’m just holding it in one hand. Vernon noticed that I was having a hard time so he took my bag and held it for me to use both of my hands. Finally, I found my phone and answered it. “Hello? Dahyun Pier speaking. Who is this?” I said and mentioned Vernon to hand me my bag. “Choi” he said. I shot him a questioning look then he shook his head. “Nevermind” he said and started walking again. My bag in his hand; holding it in a manly way. “Hello Miss Dahyun! Good day! This is Nayeon’ secretary, she asked me to call you and inform you that the photoshoot will be next week the day. That’s final.” She said. “Okay thank you” I said and started walking again. “That’s it miss. Thank you for your time.” She said and I ended the call.

 


I'M BACK! Feels good to update again after few weeks of hiatus.