Chapter 13

The Merger

Hello Hello and yes I'm back! i just graduated from Junior High and now I feel like I'm so free that's why I'm here again updating my stories! I hope you will still readd thissss...

 

Chapter 13

 

DAHYUN'S POV

 

“Hello!” Tzuyu greeted us and entered the car. “Hi” I greeted her back. “Where shall we eat?” Vernon asked and I looked at Tzuyu. “I’ll decide?” she asked pointing at herself and I nodded. “Oh my gosh! Anywhere as long as it’s a Japanese restaurant.” She said. “Okay, I know one. Just near here.” Vernon said and continued driving. “What were you doing there?” I asked Tzuyu. “Nayeon said that we will meet there later. I got hungry so I called Vernon.” She replied. “She have new collection and she said that she have special models just for this collection.” I giggled at what she said. “You know something about the special models?” she asked me. “A bit” I said. “SHARE!” she said. “Sissy, share! Please.” She said prolonging the last word. I giggled again.

 

“You want to know who are those special models?” I asked and she nodded. “Alright. They are six in total. Promise me that you won’t tell anyone not even Nayeon.” I said and she nodded again. “Were here” Vernon spoke. “Let’s eat!” I said. We all went to the restaurant and sat on a table. A staff already got our orders earlier.

“Continue it Sissy” Tzuyu said. “Where were we? Ah yeah. They are six in total. That’s it” I said then Tzuyu sat up. “Sissy!” she whined and it made me laugh. Vernon pulled her down in her seat. Vernon and I sat beside each other while Tzuyu sat across me. “Okay. Here is the real thing. Jungyeon will join the models.” I said. “Jungyeon? Jungyeon the writer? Jungyeon your friend?” She asked and I nodded. Her eyes widen and mentioned me to continue. “So, Jihyo the solo singer will join.” Her eyes turned into slits. “Jihyo the solo singer? The pretty Jihyo? The one who is now also an actress? The Jihyo who decided to became a singer than working for her family’s business?” she asked. “Yes, All check” I said. “So, Momo will join.” She smiled. “Stop joking sissy. Momo the engineer? The prettiest engineer? Momo the one who has a twin?” she asked and I nodded. “The 4th one is Momo’s twin sister. Mina.” I stated. “Mina? The former secretary of her school who did more things than the president? Mina with shorter hair? The President of their company?” She asked and I nodded again. “5th one is Chaeyoung. My friend who loves eating.” I said. “She will also join? Oh my gosh.” Tzuyu laughed. “She is a chef right?” she asked again and I nodded again. “So the last one is me.” I said flatly.

 

“Me? Who is me?” Tzuyu asked and after seconds, finally, she realized. “You will model again?” she asked me. “Yes but just for this collection.” I said. “Who said you are allowed?” Vernon asked. “I allowed myself.” I said to him with my brow raised. “Let’s talk about that later.” He said. “Sissy, what if they will give you another offer?” she asked. “I’ll accept it.” I said proudly. “After I say so.” Vernon added. “Don’t mind him.” I said to the younger Choi. “I know right sissy. He’s always like that.” She replied. “You will really go back to modeling?” Vernon asked me. “Later right? Later.” I said to him and he sighed.

We finished eating and we dropped Tzuyu back to the building where we fetch her. Now, Vernon is driving me off to my office. “The meeting with a business partner which I mentioned to you was cancelled. We will have the dinner or should I say meeting tomorrow or the day after.” Vernon said. “Alright. That’s a good thing. I have so much things to do and plus the dinner with our parents.” I said. Actually, I don’t have things to do but the dinner makes me feel a bit tired just by hearing about it. “By the way, meet me at my office later.”  I added. “What? But I still have 1 meeting left.” He said. “Okay, but make sure not to be late.” I said and went out of his car.

“Miss, you don’t have things to do. You can leave or do anything you want to.” My secretary said while handing me my coffee. “I don’t think I would to that. I have things to catch up and I’ll be modelling again next week so my attention will be divided.” I replied to her. “You will go for runways again miss?” She asked me. “Maybe, but I’ll be focusing on Nayeon’s collection first.” I said and she nodded. “But miss, it will be really good to see you on magazines and runways again.” She said. “Thank you.” I replied to her but our conversation was cut by a call. “What do you want?” I asked the person on the other line. “I’ll fetch you.” Vernon asked. “It’s still 5.” I replied to him. “Still 5 but it’s almost 6.” He said with a whiny tone. “Shut up.” I said and started walking outside my office. “My mom called me and said that we shouldn’t be late.” He said. “Vernon, just wait for me outside the place, I won’t be late.” I stated. “I’ll pick you up.” He said and ended the call.

 

“Where will be the dinner?” I asked Vernon as I sat on his car. He really fetched me and even asked me to go in the front of the building because he won’t go to the underground of the building. I really don’t want to go in front of the building because maybe, there are people who can see us. I don’t want to create another rumor right next to a rumor that we haven’t solved but that’s what he said so I waited for him in the front of the building. “It’s just 20 minute drive from here but if we will be caught on traffic, it would really take time.” He replied to me. “Can I borrow your phone?” I asked him. “Why?” he answered me with a question while handing me his phone. “I’ll call Nayeon. My phone is about to drain.” I said and typed Nayeon’s number in his phone. “Hello!” Nayeon greeted me through the phone. “Hi, this is Dahyun! The photoshoot will really be next week?” I asked my friend. “Yes, I’ll just send you the exact date and time.” She said. “Okay! I have to go now. By the way, this is Vernon’s number so don’t ever save it.” I said to her and waited for her to bid her goodbye to me. When she was finished, she then ended the call.

 

“You will accept the offer?” Vernon asked me as I give him his phone. “I accepted the offer already.” I replied. “What if there will be more offers?” he asked. “I’ll accept it.” I said. “You won’t work for the company?” he questioned me. “I will at the same time.” I retorted. “Just work in your company.” He said sternly. “Why?” I reacted. “Because I want to.” He said flatly. “What?! You are not the one who will be the model. It’s me. It’s not like it’s your face that will be flashed on TV screens and magazines.” I said. “But you are married.” He alleged. “No one knows.” I said and he glanced at me. “I’ll announce it.” He said like it’s the easiest thing in the world. “You won’t right?” I asked with disbelief. “I will.” He answered. “Shut up Vernon! It would be harder for me to go back to modelling if you will do it.” I complained. “That’s why I’ll do it.” He said. “But I want to go back to modelling!” I complained again. “Dahyun, I don’t think it is still appropriate for you to go back.” He said seriously I groaned and didn’t talk to him when until we reach the dinning place.

 

“I think we are already late.” I looked at him. “I don’t think so” I replied to him. “Excuse me Sir and Ma’am, I’ll lead you to your table. Mr. and Mrs. Kim is here so does Mr. and Mrs. Choi.” A guy said. “Okay.” I replied and we followed him. “Good evening everyone.” Vernon greeted our parents and I just nod and smiled at them. Vernon and I proceeded to kiss our parents. I went to greet his parents and he also did to mine. We settled ourselves after greeting each other. “It’s nice to see us all here gathered today.” Vernon’s mom started. “Really” My mom added. “Shall we eat?” Our dad’s said at the same time which made us laugh. Throughout the dinner, we kept on chatting about things and asking each other how we are. I realized that not only my mom and Vernon’s get along together but also our dads. They seem like they know each other very well. “When will you answer the media about your ‘oh so sweet pictures’ that you have?” Vernon’s mom asked us. “Actually, we haven’t talk about that.” I answered. “So, you don’t have plans to answer the media yet? They are quite annoying now but as time goes by they will surely forget about it. Still, you need to admit that you are married soon.” My mom said I smiled. “Is the baby doing well?” my dad asked. For all the questions, why that? I don’t want to think about it anymore. The pain is still here and I don’t know if it will ever fade or something. Losing a baby is never an easy thing. We can’t just forget life. Vernon and I didn’t answer. After seconds, I looked at him and then to our parents. “Actually, we have really important thing to tell you.” Vernon started. “The baby . . .” he added but he stuttered and stopped. He is a CEO but when it comes to this matter, he can’t even answer and just lie to it. “There was no baby. It was just false alarm.” Thank God I didn’t stammer. I blurted it out casually. I saw shock on their faces and I also saw Vernon looked down. “But the doctor even mentioned the baby in front of us.” Finally, they recovered and my mom said. “Let’s go to the hospital again.” Vernon’s mom said. “No!” Vernon and I said in unison. “Why? Isn’t it right and just? You have to check if it’s really just false alarm.” My dad said. “When did you know that it was just false alarm? Did you go for a check-up?” Vernon’s father asked. I’m so stressed right now. I don’t know how to answer them. I looked at Vernon and so does he. We were about to answer when his phone rang.

“Excuse me for a minute. Dahyun, can you come with me?” Vernon asked and I nodded. “We will be back.” I said to our parents and walked right behind Vernon. While walking he answered his phone. It seems like important. He put his phone in his pocket and faced me. “I have to go to my office. You will come with me. You can’t answer all of their questions alone.”  I nodded. “Let’s go and tell them that were going.” I said and we walked again back to our table.“Mom, Dad and to you Mr. and Mrs. Kim, we will go back to my office. My secretary called me and asked me to go there for a very important thing. Enjoy yourselves here. Let’s eat again some other time.” Vernon and said. “Okay! Drive safely.” My dad answered. “We have to go. Bye” I said then went out of the restaurant with Vernon.